Current Status of BinalTech?

Doug Dlin

Feb 12, 2006, 1:43:09 PM2/12/06
A few weeks ago, I got a letter from Nevermore with the following request:

>I just got a mail from Fan to Fan. With all this talking about BT-17
Ginrai and BTA-04 Black Convoy having been cancelled, F2F have
repeatedly told me that those toys had never been solicited to them by
Takara at all to begin with.

Well, now they apparently finally got a confirmation from Takara that
those toys will not be released, and there are no plans for any other
Binaltech releases either.

>Is it possible you might check this back with Ichikawa-san and post
the response at ATT?

I duly passed along the question to Ichikawa-san, and here is his response:

"Well, as far as my work is concerned, I sent in the background info and
story for BT-17 Jinrai on October 14, 2005. However, around early
December, I was informed, 'Owing to changes in circumstances, it appears
we will be unable to use your text as submitted.' Since then, I've
received no requests for Binaltech work. That's all I can say for now."

Tsk...certainly doesn't sound good. It MIGHT mean the BT line is done
for, or that it's on hold until Takara can figure a way to boost sales,
or something else entirely, but it definitely doesn't sound positive.
Regardless of the reason, it's a shame to see it come to a halt; I
wanted to know how the story progressed and ended.

Doug Dlin
apcog at hotmail.com

Nevermore

Feb 12, 2006, 8:09:29 PM2/12/06
Thanks Doug. Sucks about the future of BT being pretty much up in the
air, but thanks for checking back with Ichikawa-san nonetheless.

--
The ultimate Binaltech/Alternators resource page
http://www.binalternators.de/