Does GG insert a random '>'

Andrew Thompson

Dec 9, 2006, 2:48:16 AM12/9/06
>From a claim/musing on comp.lang.java.programmer
that a poster's news agent might have inserted a '>'
character at the beginning of a post, because it started
with the word 'From'.

The user's news agent was Google groups, which
I also use..

Does it happen in this post (out of Google groups)?

Andrew T.

Andrew Thompson

Dec 9, 2006, 3:05:46 AM12/9/06
Andrew Thompson wrote:
> >From a claim/musing on comp.lang.java.programmer
> that a poster's news agent might have inserted a '>'
> character at the beginning of a post, because it started
> with the word 'From'.

Conclusion: Yes.
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.test/msg/ec9393e87967e7fc>
That first '>' was not included in the original post I made.