Morning Delight

1 view

Crato

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <1eemwqs.17sgx641t2c8u6N%no_r...@amnesia.com>, no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia) wrote:
>A recent thread discussed sex in the morning. Today I saw the other side
>of the sexual coin. I was called at 0630 to go and see a young man who
>was enjoying his primary outbreak of genital herpes to such an extent
>that he decided to come and share it with the emergency department. His
>main problem was not the ulcerations on his dick however, but the fact
>that his mouth was full of them too. He could barely open his mouth for
<snip tale of herpes treatment>
>the next few days. Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
>and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
>have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
>each morning? If he tells anyone what I say I can plausibly say he's
>confused with a touch of herpes encephalitis. Let your imaginations run
>wild!

Just ask him "Son, is there any chance that your immune system been
compromised in any way?"

And then keep loosing his blood test results...

Crato
<Who actually had an MD seriously ask him that once. And it led to me and a
pissed off SR going down to the local free gay clinic for HIV testing>

Obt: Flirting with the councilor when the results came back negative while the
then SR was in another room getting her results.

Ian_Anderthal

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Proctalgia wrote:

> Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
> and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
> have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
> each morning? If he tells anyone what I say I can plausibly say he's
> confused with a touch of herpes encephalitis. Let your imaginations run
> wild!

"Now, now, I wouldn't worry about this affecting your sex life... the
erectile difficulties resultant from your irreversible psychological trauma
over this infection may make the whole thing academic anyway. And the
-AHEM- "quality" of women you'll meet who already have herpes (which, by the
way, is the only group of women who *will* consent to have anything to do
with either your dick or your mouth) will probably turn you as celibate as
would steady contact with 400-pound negro crack whores.

"No, as your therapist, I advise you to realistically visualize your future
as a broken little man, growing older alone, eventually ending your days in
a publicly-funded rest home marginally cared for by 'adequate' nursing
staff.

"Oh, and due to the new Federal Healthcare Administration Reporting laws,
I've had to have you placed in the National Sexually-Transmitted-Disease
Carriers Database, with your current address, photo and Social Security
Number... it's really a prudent precaution, keeping potential disease
vectors away from contact with you, something *you* really should have done
before getting this disease, my boy. Your name will appear at
www.NSTDCD.gov/perm/herpes/ in the section for our state and county.
Luckily, for those who have no web access, there's also a touch-tone-driven
800 number."

Ian "No, the Crabs really came from the laundry. Really." Anderthal

GRay

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Doc Proc asked:

> Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
> and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
> have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
> each morning?

"My advise to you, is to start drinking heavily"

Hunter S. Thompson (?)

--

GRay-

Take out the trash for mail.

"I still crashed, of course, but right up until I hit
the ground I was one fast-thinking fast-moving sunofabitch." Dan
Sorenson (On the effects of adrenaline on the human body), ADFP, 7-2000.

Jaeger T. Cat

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <3985C5...@fuckyou.co.uk>,

GRay <gray....@fuckyou.co.uk> wrote:
>Doc Proc asked:
>
>> Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
>> and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
>> have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
>> each morning?
>

>"My advise to you, is to start drinking heavily"
>
> Hunter S. Thompson (?)

Animal House, methinks.

Dave Garrett

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <8m4hmb$c16$1...@pluto.njcc.com>, jae...@pluto.njcc.com says...

Yep. Perhaps GRay was thinking of this one instead:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone,
but they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson

Come to think of it, that ought to be an entrant in the .sig contest as
well.

Dave

Eddie Blaque

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:28:53 -0400, GRay <gray....@fuckyou.co.uk>
wrote:

>Doc Proc asked:
>
>> Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
>> and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
>> have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
>> each morning?
>

>"My advise to you, is to start drinking heavily"
>
> Hunter S. Thompson (?)

You drunken cat fucker, that was said on Animal House by Bluto to
Flounder AFTER he saw the condition of his brother's cadillac.

I wouldn't know if Hunter S. Thompson said it first or not. You have
to be drunk to read his stuff.

Eddie
educating the bastards.

ObT.. Sitting naked on my porch and throwing shit from my ass at the
terrified schoolchildren walking by my house. If the little cunt
droppings can't afford the zoo, it is a public service for me to bring
the zoo to them plus it improves my aim at shit throwing.

Heywood Jaiblomi

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia) wrote

>Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
>and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful types
>have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
>each morning?

Nothing like telling him you hope he doesn't committ suicide like so many
other men who contract herpes. The outline the number of efficient ways
that many of them do it, and the problems they have in botched attempts.

Also, you should take every opportunity to show him photos of diseased
dicks that look really painful.

Is the public health authority helpful? Will they get a list of his
partners and scare the shit out of them?

Warn him that the BC Court of Appeals in late 1999 ruled that someone who
has an uncurable STD and who also has unprotected sex with a partner,
without informing the partner of their disease, is guilty of assult with
intent to committ bodily harm.

Place Herpes brochures in a 'take one' stand inside his room for the
benefit of visitors.

I love the reverse isolation scenario, can you give each visitor a fact
sheet on herpes, (hopefully with lots of photos) along with decontamination
instructions?

--
Life at work is like a tree full of monkeys, all on different limbs at
different levels. Some monkeys are climbing up, some down. The monkeys on

glubdammit

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:11:13 -0500, da...@compassnet.com (Dave Garrett)
shared the following:

>> >"My advise to you, is to start drinking heavily"
>> >
>> > Hunter S. Thompson (?)
>> >

>> Animal House, methinks.
>
>Yep. Perhaps GRay was thinking of this one instead:
>
>"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone,
> but they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...

"As your attorney, I advise you to rent rent a very fast car with no
top... then you'll need the cocaine."

"As your attorney, I advise you to tell me where you put the goddamn
mescaline."

Now *that's* legal advice.

dave

ObGooodyGoody: Taking my virgin trip to the yoo-ess this weekend...
Shopping list suggestions, anyone? I'm in the market for a truely
tasteless momento of the Land of the Clinically Obese that will get
through customs in Auckland and not cost me excess baggage charges.

Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
oz travellers, perhaps?

Nuke Me at: 174.41.15E 36.56.15S

I keep telling people that Silence of the Lambs was a tasteless romance movie.
It's really sad that they don't look beyond the blood, guts, murder, cannibalism,
and psychotic behavior and see the love between an insane man and the sexy FBI
agent that is playing so hard to get.
- Deliverer, a.t 2000

Ace Lightning

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
glubdammit wrote:
>ObGooodyGoody: Taking my virgin trip to the yoo-ess this weekend...
>Shopping list suggestions, anyone? I'm in the market for a truely
>tasteless momento of the Land of the Clinically Obese that will get
>through customs in Auckland and not cost me excess baggage charges.
>Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
>oz travellers, perhaps?

the singing fish wall plaque.

a Bendover - that's a lawn ornament made of plywood cut
out in the silhouette of an "ample" posterior, painted
so as to give the impression of looking at the ass of
someone (usually a fat woman wearing bloomers) who's
bending over to pick something from the lawn.

a Confederate flag.

ml carle

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
glubdammit wrote:

> ObGooodyGoody: Taking my virgin trip to the yoo-ess this weekend...
> Shopping list suggestions, anyone? I'm in the market for a truely
> tasteless momento of the Land of the Clinically Obese that will get
> through customs in Auckland and not cost me excess baggage charges.
>
> Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
> oz travellers, perhaps?

You might be able to obtain some sort of
decorative rattlesnake head object, if you
are in the Southwest, and a rattlesnake
roundup is being held. There is also that
traditional artifact of the taxidermist's
craft, a jackalope.

ObT: Protests about "the homeless" at the
Republican Party's convention. If you can
manage homelessness during the biggest
boom the US economy has ever seen, you
should probably be euthanized.

Eddie Blaque

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:34:57 GMT, wor...@dworley.ne.mediaone.net
(Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor) wrote:

>no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia) writes:
>> Perfect! I never did
>> like this particular little turd in the bowl of life, [...]
>
>Is is acceptable to explain to us why you don't like this turd? I
>expect that the description would prove enlightening.
>
>Dale

He don't taste like the other turds in the bowl and he left all
these lesions, oozing sores, and scars on his knob.

You have to hate a turd that deforms your choad with his
highly contagious and infectious diseases.

Eddie
flush the turd

Eddie Blaque

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:15:23 GMT, no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia)
wrote:

>Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor <wor...@dworley.ne.mediaone.net> wrote:
>
>> > Perfect! I never did
>> > like this particular little turd in the bowl of life, [...]
>>
>> Is is acceptable to explain to us why you don't like this turd? I
>> expect that the description would prove enlightening.
>

>. In the garden of life, he is one of the weeds. I especially hate the number of nubile
>females who have been in to visit him today. I think tomorrow we will
>start reverse isolation to bring the message home to them that this is
>one piece of *diseased* meat. "OK, girls, gowns, gloves and masks before
>you go in. Don't touch anything and try to hold your breath if you can -
>the smell of his rotting dick is pretty bad... and don't forget to wash
>in the decontamination chamber on the way out after paying your last
>respects." Think that's subtle enough?

I think that full vaginal, rectal, and breast exams should be
performed promptly after the bath. You can never be too safe. I'd
have them all tested for all known diseases and even some that you
just made up after reading this post. Any one of those cunts that
tests positive for any of those diseases should be quaranteed and ass
raped with a fence post without delay.

Eddie
doctor in training

ObT.. One of the lucky ladies testing positive for a disease that you
made up.

Eddie Blaque

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:31:25 +1200, glubdammit
<glubd...@fuckyou.co.uk> wrote:

>ObGooodyGoody: Taking my virgin trip to the yoo-ess this weekend...
>Shopping list suggestions, anyone? I'm in the market for a truely
>tasteless momento of the Land of the Clinically Obese that will get
>through customs in Auckland and not cost me excess baggage charges.

I was going to suggest a few horny teenage girls with big tits. I've
heard that you've got a shortage of tits there.

>Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
>oz travellers, perhaps?

Buy yourself a baseball bat and a scalpel. You can wait in a few dark
alleys and get a few human nutsacks to take home. Now that Uncle
Brian is dead, I've heard you have a shortage of nutsacks in Oz.

>I keep telling people that Silence of the Lambs was a tasteless romance movie.
>It's really sad that they don't look beyond the blood, guts, murder, cannibalism,
>and psychotic behavior and see the love between an insane man and the sexy FBI
>agent that is playing so hard to get.
> - Deliverer, a.t 2000

That bastard always gets the credit. Fuck him and all the sheep that
look like him.

Eddie
American Tour Guide

Buttmunch

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
> glubdammit wrote:
>>
>> Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
>> oz travellers, perhaps?

Hey, it's hard to beat a bull choad walking stick.. or you can choad whip
your SR with a "wether"

ObT: Surprise your prissy aunt with a doggie chew for her little FiFi,
check out "Macho Stix" (also made from bull penii). http://www.sitstay.com
(note: you probably won't get this stuff past customs, but you can always
gnaw on it yourself on the long flight back to Oz). Maybe draw the sniffer
mutts off with a paper bag of pre-owned feminine hygiene products?

ObT2: They seem to have dropped the "Air" off the the airsickness bag on
my last flight.. fortunately the other languages make up for it..
"Spuckbeutel" and "Sac Vomitoire". Probably usable as insults.

--
BM

Michael Cogan

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

> ObGooodyGoody: Taking my virgin trip to the yoo-ess this weekend...
> Shopping list suggestions, anyone? I'm in the market for a truely
> tasteless momento of the Land of the Clinically Obese that will get
> through customs in Auckland and not cost me excess baggage charges.
>

> Something akin to the ubiquetous leather roo nutsack that's a must for
> oz travellers, perhaps?

If you give us an approximate itinerary it would help.

A tourist map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (Northeast U.S.)
has delightful town names such as Blueball and Intercourse. The tourist traps there
have items that can meet your specifications and are really manufactured by local
talent.

obT: the majority of crap in tourist gift-shops are manufactured in asian countries.
--U.S. laws require that imported goods have an inscription indicating the country of
origin. Usually it is on the bottom of such things as coffee mugs so check them out
first.

Mike from New York where the supply of official souvenier road apples disappeared
from the shops many years ago.

Portnoy

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:59:19 GMT, no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia)
wrote:

> do you thoughtful types
>have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in his ear
>each morning?

Gee kid, I hope those sores don't persist -- they _could_ cause cancer
of the penis... and you know what the cure for that is, don't ya?

Benjamin Jacoby

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor <wor...@dworley.ne.mediaone.net> wrote:

>> A tourist map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (Northeast U.S.)
>> has delightful town names such as Blueball and Intercourse.

> Amusing, given that Lancaster County is Amish country. I'd expect
> them to be somewhat more conservative in their town naming. Or are
> (were) they so pre-modern that blunt references to sex weren't
> considered tactless?

They are so pre-modern that they even now have no idea that these
names have any reference to sex! I presume when you spend your
days trying to get animals to boink each other so as to make
more animals, you loose all interest in sexual innuendo pretty fast.

Obt. Q. What do Italians call a suppository? A. Innuendo

Ace Lightning

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor wrote:
>>A tourist map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (Northeast U.S.)
>>has delightful town names such as Blueball and Intercourse.
>Amusing, given that Lancaster County is Amish country. I'd expect
>them to be somewhat more conservative in their town naming. Or are
>(were) they so pre-modern that blunt references to sex weren't
>considered tactless?

<pedant>
the names of Amish towns that we find so suggestive
were never intended as sexual references. first,
keep in mind that the mother tongue of the immigrants
who founded these towns was German, not English.
second, the words we snigger at also had, and still
have, non-sexual meanings. "Intercourse", for
example, means almost any kind of interaction or
communication among people, and that's the sense
that was meant in the name of the town. "Blue Balls"
refers to a heraldic design of spherical objects
colored blue - possibly the coat-of-arms of the
place in Germany these folks hailed from? anyway,
last i heard, the town had renamed itself "Blue
Belle", because people were tired of the jokes.
"Intercourse", however, does a thriving business
selling copies of the road signs...
</pedant>

ssc: the bed i lost my virginity in, lo these many
years ago, had a sign tacked up over it in the form
of an arrow (pointing towards the bed, of course) with
the legend "INTERCOURSE 6"

squid

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
<glubd...@fuckyou.co.uk> wrote:

>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...
>
>"As your attorney, I advise you to rent rent a very fast car with no
>top... then you'll need the cocaine."

<correction>
"You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is
over," he said. "And my first advice is that you should rent a very
fast car with no top and get the hell out of L.A. for at least
forty-eight hours." He shook his head sadly. "This blows my weekend,
because naturally I'll have to go with you--and we'll have to arm
ourselves."
</correction>

squid
--
Squid - Sailor. Frequently modified by
the other services, especially Marines,

Alraune

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
In <1eemwqs.17sgx641t2c8u6N%no_r...@amnesia.com>
no_r...@amnesia.com (Proctalgia) writes:

>I was called at 0630 to go and see a young man who was enjoying his
>primary outbreak of genital herpes to such an extent that he decided
>to come and share it with the emergency department. His main problem
>was not the ulcerations on his dick however, but the fact that his

>mouth was full of them too. ... He seemed alarmed that he hadn't
>been able to swallow any fluids for three days, so I gaily stuck a
>large cannula in his hand to connect him to some IV fluids and some IV
>acyclovir. ... Given that an ideal outcome would be for him to go
>and suicide on the same day as he is discharged, do you thoughtful

>types have any suggestions for the kind of thing I might whisper in
>his ear each morning?

Tell him that if he scratches his balls and then rubs his eye, he'll
transfer the sores to his cornea and go blind. Which is probably true.

Alraune

TREE...@treetnls.net

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
Alraune wrote:

> Tell him that if he scratches his balls and then rubs his eye, he'll
> transfer the sores to his cornea and go blind. Which is probably true.

I wonder if any fine ATers who have served time in the military as Pecker
Checkers would have any good anecdotes on making the subject paranoid.
By which I mean, giving them some totally false, but plausible sounding
advice, like "Be sure to clean your urethra out every night with alcohol and a
cotton swab, or else it could get necrotic and your dick will rot off", just to
see if they actually go and do it. "Hey Swabbie, how's yer unit?"

ObDeadPoolCandidate: Uncle Brian Signs Baseball Star Daryl Strawberry to a
Long-Term Contract. Strawberry, an aging, cocaine-addicted DH for the New York
Yankees has announced that his intestinal cancer is back. I don't know yet if
it's life threatening, or if he'll have to get a colostomy bag like Cleveland
Indians manager Charley Manuel recently did. No head-first slides with one of
THOSE on!
I wonder if Strawberry has what it takes to become a Tasteless Double MVP,
winning a spot on BOTH the AT Dead Pool, and Nat Lamp's "Fantasy Losers League",
in which you draft a team of athletes and score points whenever they are
arrested or sued or something. He's already an FLL champ..

--
-- Rev. Syd Midnight --
[Remove TREET from address to reply, if appropriate]

Dave/Kristin Hall

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
TREE...@TREETnls.net wrote:

: > Tell him that if he scratches his balls and then rubs his eye, he'll
: > transfer the sores to his cornea and go blind. Which is probably true.

: I wonder if any fine ATers who have served time in the military as Pecker
: Checkers would have any good anecdotes on making the subject paranoid.

Well, while it has nothing to do with STDs....

When we had a new guy straight out of bootcamp sign onboard the ship who
thought that he was hot shit (didn't happen very often, but it happened) we
handled it in the following manner:

1) Get the guy down into the JP-5 pumproom. It doesn't matter how. Tell
him any lie you want, just get him down there. Now, the JP-5 pumproom was,
as the name implies, the room in which all JP-5 (read: jet fuel) was pumped
from. Being typical Naval equipment, the pumps had their leaks. This means
that at any given time there were puddles of jet fuel just lying on the
floor. This means that the air *REAKED* of jet fuel. So much so that that
was the only smell that *could* be smelled in that room. Take a turd and
hold it to your nose and I guarentee all you'd smell is jet fuel.

2) Once he's down there, have about the six guys who were hiding next door
in the firefighting pump room jump in there with you. Note: The JP-5
pumproom only had one door - it lead to the room in which the firefighting
pumps were kept running 24/7. And they are *LOUD*. In other words, you've
now got a 7 on 1 scenario with no chance of anybody hearing the guy scream.

3) Lock the door.

4) Through physical brute force, duct tape the guy to a pipe or other handy
anchor point.

5) Douse him with apple juice. Note, for those of you who've never seen
jet fuel, it looks just like apple juice. At this point, the victim is
pretty pissed off, but that's about it. Keep in mind though, that due to
the location, he *SMELLS* jet fuel.

6) Pull out a book of matches. Bravado kicks in here and your victim
alternates between "You guys are funny!" and a slight nervous twitch.

7) Light a match. Throw it at the guy.

8) Keep repeating step 7 with an absolute straight face whilest cursing the
sap for his transgressions. It won't be long before honest to Glub fear
surfaces. You've made your point, you can now laugh hysterically at him.
Overall, the reaction is not unlike that of the character Hudson from the
movie "Aliens" where Bishop does the "knife thing" on top of his (Hudson's)
hand - (in a nervous, high tone with trembling fingers) "That shit ain't
funny, man." You can now rest assured that your victim's ego has been
lowered a few notches.

--
David Hall
Propulsion Geek At Large

TREE...@treetnls.net

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor wrote:

> I think we should award Uncle Brian a special point for croaking
> himself. It's the least we can do.

Yeah, a beloved philosopher, he let us in on the details of his cancer, and
fought to the very end. That makes all the difference.
Like the difference between some cowering, snarling fugitive being gunned down
by police like a rabid dog, or holing themselves up, calling the media and
delivering a pointed message, taking hostages, preaching to the hostages,
taunting the hostage negotiator, and finally charging out the front door with a
pistol, emptying the magazine wildly as they're riddled by bullets.
Either way, they lose. As do we all. But only one deserves immortality.

I think of him as a Saint of Cancer. He's already bean beautified (uglified?)
in my mind... and every time I suck that one last hit off of a cigarette before
grinding it out, I wonder if someday, Dr. Brian isn't going to walk into the
exam room with an X-ray, shaking his head, and in an Aussie accent saying "I've
got some bad news, ya poor bastard!"

I lament the fallen of AT. Yes, the tasteless take less time to mourn their
dead. But they DO eat of their flesh, to better imbibe their warrior spirit, and
worship them as undead heathen deities, screaming their names as they slaughter
innocents in their sleep. Dealing with the fear of death by bestowing the
highest honors upon those who have climbed into the ring and fought the Champ.
Like Queen Pee, Wintermute, et al.. he's pushing up daisies, and has left us
with a legacy to better strike fear in hearts, and provided us with ever
increasing amounts of chuckles, until we fatten the worms ourselves.

ObT: My death will undoubtedly come in the form of heart disease, a broad
blanket which has claimed every known* relative of mine. Yet another
depression-fighting reason to not commit suicide. It's bad luck to break a
chain. Besides, if you're truly death-bent, just wait a bit, and you'll find
someone else you'd rather kill.

ObDeath: Lighting up another ciggie, thinking "Yeah, the slower the better.
That junkies last over-jolt of heroin may go down sweet, but no contest next to
the million cigarettes, 500 pounds of steak fat, and X amount of sex I'll have
before I cack it.

* = except the kids of one uncle who die of cystic fibrosis. But he's Catholic
(can't use birth control), and knows that 1/2 of his children will have it. So
he can either abstain, or fuck his wife and crank out Dead Kids Walking. He
chooses to fuck his wife.

Nearwidow

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
I'll be trying this out on my date tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

xXx

Dave/Kristin Hall

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

:
: > 7) Light a match. Throw it at the guy.
:
: It seems like there might be ... accidents in re the puddles of jet fuel.

Oh, well, we did mop up the puddles before hand. But it's not something
that the victim is likely to notice. Also, jet fuel is notoriously
difficult to light. I've seen cigarettes put out in the stuff.

Nick Andrew

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
theh...@ridgecrest.ca.us (Dave/Kristin Hall) writes:

>Oh, well, we did mop up the puddles before hand. But it's not something
>that the victim is likely to notice. Also, jet fuel is notoriously
>difficult to light. I've seen cigarettes put out in the stuff.

I assume it's not the liquid which ignites but the vapours. Needs oxygen.
Since the room reeks of the stuff, I'd be worried about the vapours ...

Nick.
--
Pacific Internet SP4 Fax: +61-2-9233-6545 Voice: 9253-5762
http://www.zeta.org.au/

fungus

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

Nick Andrew wrote:

> theh...@ridgecrest.ca.us (Dave/Kristin Hall) writes:
>
> >Oh, well, we did mop up the puddles before hand. But it's not something
> >that the victim is likely to notice. Also, jet fuel is notoriously
> >difficult to light. I've seen cigarettes put out in the stuff.
>
> I assume it's not the liquid which ignites but the vapours. Needs oxygen.
> Since the room reeks of the stuff, I'd be worried about the vapours ...

And if it all goes up in flames, the person least likely
to get burnt is that one who's all covered in apple juice.

Poetic, eh?

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

Dave/Kristin Hall

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Nick Andrew (ni...@zeta.org.au) wrote:

: >Oh, well, we did mop up the puddles before hand. But it's not something

: >that the victim is likely to notice. Also, jet fuel is notoriously
: >difficult to light. I've seen cigarettes put out in the stuff.
:
: I assume it's not the liquid which ignites but the vapours. Needs oxygen.
: Since the room reeks of the stuff, I'd be worried about the vapours ...

What can I say? We were young, stupid, and got away with it.

*shrug*

Mark Wood

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

Dave/Kristin Hall wrote:

> What can I say? We were young, stupid, and got away with it.

I'd considered similar applications for a fire extinguisher full of water dyed
yellow, and laced with the same mercaptins that give gasoline its distinctive
smell. That and a road flare ought to make a fairly intimidating pair.
-M. Wood
--
"Ve vill never return ze Holländische Untermensch bikes, ja!" - Michael Briel

Ace Lightning

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Mark Wood wrote:
>I'd considered similar applications for a fire extinguisher
>full of water dyed yellow, and laced with the same mercaptins
>that give gasoline its distinctive smell. That and a road flare
>ought to make a fairly intimidating pair.

unfortunately, gasoline needs no mercaptan odorant
to give it the characteristic smell - that's an
intrinsic property of gasoline itself. there's a
reason simple carbon-chain molecules are called
"aromatic" hydrocarbons.

natural gas, or the various flammable gases
derived from petroleum, are odorless or nearly
so - that's why they add something smelly to
them, so you'll know if there's a leak.

but if you can find something that will make
water smell like gasoline, please tell me...

jimdavis

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Mix soap and gasoline, add to water. Should work.

Ace Lightning wrote:

<snip>