F8cking weathermen

GREGG

Feb 12, 2007, 1:23:53 PM2/12/07
Does any one else think that weather men are pointless? Yesterday I was
expecting to get poured on and it isn't raining. I talked to my friend
in Michigan, and their weather man said it was going to snow, 90%
chance...apparantly it is a bright, sunny day. They need to just be
honest and say they have no idea what is going to happen?
GREGG

Emmett

Feb 12, 2007, 8:57:28 PM2/12/07
GREGG <GreggH...@nospamgmail.com> wrote in

I agree. I stopped watching nightly news reports because a) the news
stories depressed me b)the weather report was useless and c)the human
interest stories were retarded. Now I just try to do my best using my
internal themometer and barometer to guess how to dress...I am a little
bit better guaging than the weather man. But when I travel and have to
pack, I try to plan a little bit. I either do an internet search or
text "weather, (zip code i'm traveling to)" to 4INFO and they'll text
back a forecast. I like being able to store it in my phone, and my
friends haven't figured out that I'm using 4info for help and they think
I am psychic. You can find more than just the weather wiht them, but
that's primarily what I use it for. EW

Weatherlawyer

Feb 13, 2007, 6:24:02 PM2/13/07
On Feb 12, 6:23 pm, GREGG <GreggHani...@nospamgmail.com> wrote:
> Does any one else think that weather men are pointless? Yesterday I was
> expecting to get poured on and it isn't raining. I talked to my friend
> in Michigan, and their weather man said it was going to snow, 90%
> chance...apparently it is a bright, sunny day. They need to just be

> honest and say they have no idea what is going to happen?
> GRRRR!

So it was a nice day and you were absolutely gutted?

Listen!

No matter how u.s. you think the U.S. forecasters are, they are not a
patch on how bad the BBC's version is. In the morning, in the middle
of winter, they send out girls -who aught to know better, to stand in
the rain, in the dark and try to tell us what the weather is going to
be.

There they are; totally in the dark; don't know when to come in out of
the rain and telling us what to expect.....

Plus, you get to see weather charts -even hear about Jet Streams. We
don't. Certainly not in the mornings at least.

The forecasters over here that will show us a chart and speak about
them fluently, are few and far between. The official viewpoint of the
BBC is that the British public is not ready to hear about Jet Streams.

There are two types of newspaper here, the "Quality" ones and rags.
The Quality ones show the Atlantic Weather Chart and give an account
of it in the legend.

The rags, if they carry the forecast, just tuck in a map of the
British Isles somewhere (mainland only) with silly little icons on it
representing rain or sun or whatever.

Most BBC weather forecasts are like the forecasts carried in the rags.
There are one or two examples of very good quality. These are
exceptions.

It's so bad now, that having been insulted for so long by their poor
standards, I no longer watch the BBC morning show even though the
alternative is puerile. Aimed at people with a telly addiction and low
IQs.

At least they keep their forecasters warm, in the light and capable of
concentrating on telling it like it is.

Or isn't, as the case may be.

Violet Violin

Mar 2, 2007, 3:46:38 AM3/2/07

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Total hogwash. You must live in Thailand.

Weatherlawyer

Mar 2, 2007, 10:54:58 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 8:46�am, Violet Violin <harpsic...@oboe.org> wrote:

Hard to believe isn't it. One would have to experience it to trealise
the dearth of quality in the main to be had from those people.

Sadly I must not live in Thailand. I do have two Thighs though. What
else is blatantly obvious that you need help understanding?

Moron here:
"we get what in theory is a top-quality, ad-free broadcast product
that informs and entertains in equal part.

That means some decent programmes interspersed among the wall-to-wall
EastEnders, [A soap opera about losers and homicidal maniacs] laughter-
track sitcoms, [mercifully few US ones - C4 has cornered the market in
those] reality rubbish, consumer-watchdog nonsense and charity
appeals."

The journalist forgot to mention incessant auction and house
redecoration programmes.

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37972

My opinion and the opinion of that writer is one shared by most people
in the UK. As regards the weather girls in the am slot, check out
comments from others on the subject.