Miralex - Should I stop using it !

Neil Carson

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
I have been using Miralex for approx 3 months with good results.
But know with the Health Canada warning about it should I continue
using it ?

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/archives/warnings/99_134e.htm

S.A.M.

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
Why stop if it's working for you? Sure, it contains a steriod but if
you went to your Doctor he would probably prescribe the same one for
you. It all depends on how you feel about the use of steriods and the
risk involved...

Lindashm

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
>nca...@home.com (Neil Carson) wrote:

>I have been using Miralex for approx 3 months with good results.
>But know with the Health Canada warning about it should I continue
>using it ?

Hi -

Can you speak to a doctor or dermatologist about it?

Even if you can still get Miralex (I assumed it would no longer be available),
you'd be much better off using corticosteroids under a doc's supervision if you
do decide to continue on this treatment route.

Depending on the extent of your coverage, you and your doc might want to wean
your skin away from them altogether. There are other, non-steroidal meds
available to treat P. effectively.

Please keep the Health Canada handout's warning in mind though -- don't stop
using it abruptly, it can cause your psoriasis to flare. If you decide to stop
using it, discontinue it gradually.

- Linda

Neil Carson

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Well it would be nice to be told the truth about
what is in a product!! Especially when the makers/distributers
say 'It is ALL Natural' !!!!
And if I must take steriods I will most certainly take it
prescribed from my MD. ..at least that way I will get a
legal prescription and it will be paid by my 'drug plan' at work.

In article <384B4482...@allways.net>, sd...@allways.net says...

>Why stop if it's working for you? Sure, it contains a steriod but if
>you went to your Doctor he would probably prescribe the same one for
>you. It all depends on how you feel about the use of steriods and the
>risk involved...
>

>Neil Carson wrote:
>
>> I have been using Miralex for approx 3 months with good results.
>> But know with the Health Canada warning about it should I continue
>> using it ?

>> http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/archives/warnings/99_134e.htm

Harry the Skinflint

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
>Well it would be nice to be told the truth about
>what is in a product!! Especially when the makers/distributers
>say 'It is ALL Natural' !!!!

Hint: the word "NATURAL" means nothing, the fact that anything we see, touch,
feel, smell , hear or concieve of anything that exists means that it must be
"natural". Plutonium is natural. Black Widow venom is natural. Black holes
are natural.

--- All can kill yet are not inherently evil to mankind unless we are on the
shit end of the cosmic stick.

Happy to be Alive