On the bus this morning...I think my head is gonna... *pop*

z0ck

May 23, 2001, 11:50:05 AM5/23/01
Been up since 5am. Didn't sleep well. I'm so tired my hair hurts. Bus
makes its last stop before Downtown Seattle and Moo with sprog in tow board.
I'm SERIOUSLY bummed about this because the last two seat on the bus are
next to me. Well, its only about 20 minutes to downtown (Express bus), so I
figured I could just tough it out. Soon as the bus pulls out of the stop,
5-yr old nitro-powered crotch dropping is bouncing off the walls and
enything else it can find. It finally settles down a bit (and I use the
term loosely), at least enough to stare at me.

Sprog: Hi.
Me: <Studiously ignoring obnoxious crotch stain>
Sprog: Hi.
<repeat 4 more times>

Finally, I had enough, so I leaned over and whispered in the kid's ear.

Me: Do you know what little boys taste like?
Sprog: No.
Me: Neither do I, but if you don't sit down and be quiet, I'm going to find
out.

Sprog gave me a terrified look and promptly sat down next to moo, who, up to
this point, has not so much as looked at the kid.

Moo: What did you say to my son??
Me: I told him to sit down and be quiet.
Moo (outraged): You dont tell *MY* son what to do!
Me (downright pissed, but delivered with as much civility as can be
mustered): You breeders always talk about how it takes a village to raise a
child. I'm just doing my part, so what are you so upset about?
Moo (outraged): *sputter*<incoherent mumbling>

I sat down and she shut up. Some people just piss me off!

Rabbit

May 23, 2001, 11:57:49 AM5/23/01
> Sprog: Hi.
> Me: <Studiously ignoring obnoxious crotch stain>
> Sprog: Hi.
> <repeat 4 more times>
>
> Finally, I had enough, so I leaned over and whispered in the kid's ear.
>
> Me: Do you know what little boys taste like?
> Sprog: No.
> Me: Neither do I, but if you don't sit down and be quiet, I'm going to
find
> out.
>
> Sprog gave me a terrified look and promptly sat down next to moo, who, up
> this point, has not so much as looked at the kid.
>
> Moo: What did you say to my son??
> Me: I told him to sit down and be quiet.
> Moo (outraged): You dont tell *MY* son what to do!
> Me (downright pissed, but delivered with as much civility as can be
> mustered): You breeders always talk about how it takes a village to raise
> child. I'm just doing my part, so what are you so upset about?
> Moo (outraged): *sputter*<incoherent mumbling>
>
> I sat down and she shut up. Some people just piss me off!

I think we have our Spinal Candidate of the Month.

Rabbit

Bridge

May 23, 2001, 12:26:46 PM5/23/01
In article
news:N_QO6.25921$BN6.1...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net, "z0ck"
<z0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Moo (outraged): You dont tell *MY* son what to do!
> Me (downright pissed, but delivered with as much civility as can be
> mustered): You breeders always talk about how it takes a village
> to raise a child. I'm just doing my part, so what are you so upset
> about?

*riotous applause*

Bridge
--
Bridge818 -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Unknown

May 23, 2001, 12:36:03 PM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 15:50:05 GMT, "z0ck" <z0...@hotmail.com> spake
thusly:

I think there's a spinal award in this one.

Congrats!

SM

----------------------------------
|silentlymad at large foot dot calm|
----------------------------------

Silvermoon

May 23, 2001, 12:44:46 PM5/23/01
Spine award for the week?? Nice z0ck! :)

Voris Tracy Van

May 23, 2001, 2:35:45 PM5/23/01
I nominate this for a Spiny...simple, yet elegant.

T.

Anthony J. Bryant

May 23, 2001, 3:03:16 PM5/23/01
z0ck wrote:

> Me (downright pissed, but delivered with as much civility as can be
> mustered): You breeders always talk about how it takes a village to raise a
> child. I'm just doing my part, so what are you so upset about?

That's pretty much my standard line.

"Hey, you people always say it takes a village. Well, I'm a villager."

Tony

mrfea...@aol.com

May 23, 2001, 4:32:12 PM5/23/01
In article <3B0C0973...@indiana.edu>, Anthony J. Bryant says...

Oddly enough, recently I was bitching about the restaurant behavior to a friend
who has kids (not hers, I've been in restaurants with them and they're OK kids)
and I used the phrase, if it takes a village to raise a child, I'm part of the
village and I'm asking that kid to shut up.

Janie said, well, that's the deal, you SHOULD be able to do that. Unfortunately
a lot of parunts find offense with the idea that their kids have to behave.

Imagine. A parunt said that.

Mary

Lizzie

May 23, 2001, 7:35:11 PM5/23/01
mrfea...@aol.com wrote in article
<g7VO6.5398$r4.3...@www.newsranger.com>...

> Oddly enough, recently I was bitching about the restaurant behavior to a
friend
> who has kids (not hers, I've been in restaurants with them and they're OK
kids)
> and I used the phrase, if it takes a village to raise a child, I'm part
of the
> village and I'm asking that kid to shut up.
>
> Janie said, well, that's the deal, you SHOULD be able to do that.
Unfortunately
> a lot of parunts find offense with the idea that their kids have to
behave.

> Imagine. A parunt said that.

My PNB sister and I had a discussion about that same thing - she agrees
100%.

And even though she's a parent herself, she gets damn sick of always being
the one to either discipline other people's kids or to rescue them from
getting flattened by truck/burning themselves on hot stove/falling out
window because their handlers aren't paying attention.
It pisses her off to the max if they then jump all over her about it, when
they aren't even watching their own offspring.

And since she's got kids, other people's kids are always around (another
reason not to have any, sez me!) so this kind of thing happens a lot.
Being CF, at least we can avoid them a lot of the time.

Liz

MyssRosey

May 24, 2001, 1:45:03 AM5/24/01
Congrats, my neighbourrrrrrr!!!!!! I can see why I don't even desire to get
on public transportation in many ages.

Rosey

Diana Gregory

May 24, 2001, 4:58:06 PM5/24/01