The Dugars have done it again

sionevar

Aug 3, 2007, 1:12:20 PM8/3/07
Reading this morning that Michelle Dugar has dropped another kid - her 17th.

Somebody please buy this woman a tubal...

Kari

Aug 3, 2007, 1:18:33 PM8/3/07
sionevar wrote:

> Reading this morning that Michelle Dugar has dropped another kid - her 17th.
>
> Somebody please buy this woman a tubal...

She also needs birthing rehab for her addiction to giving birth.

Kari

kfb...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2007, 2:34:26 PM8/3/07

> She also needs birthing rehab for her addiction to giving birth.
>
> Kari

You got that right. Clearly religious nutjobs with significant
issues. Some Psych grad student should do their dissertation on these
fruitcakes. Yet about 80 percent of the responses on AOL are along
the lines of "isn't it wonderful that god has blessed them so" and
"all children are a gift from god" and "they're not on welfare so
leave them alone" etc. God this and god that. God god god. Does
anyone see a lowest common denominator here? Jesus fucking christ
with a bag of chips. These idiots manage to avoid the substance of
any issue by turning to their imaginary friend in their little minds.

Of course, anyone who ventures an alternate opinion or is otherwise
not fully supportive of this baby farm is "intolerant" and a "pseudo-
intellectual snob". A shitstorm of fucking morons. Depressing.

Kevin

Ilene Bilenky

Aug 3, 2007, 3:59:05 PM8/3/07
In article <1186166066.0...@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
kfb...@aol.com wrote:

> Yet about 80 percent of the responses on AOL are along
> the lines of "isn't it wonderful that god has blessed them so"

Be interesting to see how many of the kids have few kids themselves or
none. Growing up in an orphanage with two parents can't be fun.

Ilene B

elizabeth

Aug 3, 2007, 4:14:20 PM8/3/07
On Aug 3, 10:12 am, "sionevar" <sione...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Reading this morning that Michelle Dugar has dropped another kid - her 17th.
>
> Somebody please buy this woman a tubal...

Oh, just wait, this cow is gonna have a pelvic prolapse, if she hasn't
already.

elizabeth

Aug 3, 2007, 4:15:27 PM8/3/07
On Aug 3, 10:12 am, "sionevar" <sione...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Reading this morning that Michelle Dugar has dropped another kid - her 17th.
>
> Somebody please buy this woman a tubal...

God Does Not Want 16 Kids
Arkansas mom gives birth to a whole freakin' baseball team. How deeply
should you cringe?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Who are you to judge? Who are you to say that the more than slightly
creepy 39-year-old woman from Arkansas who just gave birth to her 16th
child yes that's right 16 kids and try not to cringe in phantom
vaginal pain when you say it, who are you to say Michelle Duggar is
not more than a little unhinged and sad and lost?

And furthermore, who are you to suggest that her equally troubling
husband -- whose name is, of course, Jim Bob and he's hankerin' to be
a Republican senator and try not to wince in sociopolitical pain when
you say that -- isn't more than a little numb to the real world, and
that bringing 16 hungry mewling attention-deprived kids (and she wants
more! Yay!) into this exhausted world zips right by "touching" and
races right past "disturbing" and lurches its way, heaving and gasping
and sweating from the karmic armpits, straight into "Oh my God, what
the hell is wrong with you people?"

But that would be, you know, mean. Mean and callous to suggest that
this might be the most disquieting photo you see all year, this
bizarre Duggar family of 18 spotless white hyperreligious
interchangeable people with alarmingly bad hair, the kids ranging in
ages from 1 to 17, worse than those nuked Smurfs in that UNICEF
commercial and worse than all the horrific rubble in Pakistan and
worse than the cluster-bomb nightmare that is Katie Holmes and Tom
Cruise having a child as they suck the skin from each other's
Scientological faces and even worse than that huge 13-foot python
which ate that six-foot alligator and then exploded.

It's wrong to be this judgmental. Wrong to suggest that it is exactly
this kind of weird pathological protofamily breeding-happy gluttony
that's making the world groan and cry and recoil, contributing to
vicious overpopulation rates and unrepentant economic strain and a
bitter moral warpage resulting from a massive viral outbreak of
homophobic neo-Christians across our troubled and Bush-ravaged land.
Or is it?

Is it wrong to notice how all the Duggar kids' names start with the
letter J (Jeremiah and Josiah and Jedediah and Jesus, someone please
stop them), and that if you study the above photo (or the even more
disturbing family Web site) too closely you will become rashy and
depressed and you will crave large quantities of alcohol and loud
aggressive music to deflect the creeping feeling that this planet is
devolving faster than you can suck the contents from a large bong? But
I'm not judging.

I have a friend who used to co-babysit (yes, it required two sitters)
for a family of 10 kids, and she reports that they were, almost
without fail, manic and hyper and bewildered and attention deprived in
the worst way, half of them addicted to prescription meds to calm
their neglected nerves and the other half bound for years of therapy
due to complete loss of having the slightest clue as to who they
actually were, lost in the family crowd, just another blank, needy
face at the table. Is this the guaranteed affliction for every child
of very large families? Of course not. But I'm guessing it's more
common than you imagine.

What's more, after the 10th kid popped out, the family doctor
essentially prohibited the baby-addicted mother from having any more
offspring, considering the pummeling endured by her various matronly
systems, and it's actually painful to imagine the logistics, the toll
on Michelle Duggar's body, the ravages it has endured to give birth to
roughly one child per year for nearly two decades, and you cannot help
but wonder about her body and its various biological and sexual ...
no, no, it is not for this space to visualize frighteningly capacious
vaginal dimensions. It is not for this space to imagine this couple's
soggy sexual mutations. We do not have enough wine on hand for that.

Perhaps the point is this: Why does this sort of bizarre hyperbreeding
only seem to afflict antiseptic megareligious families from the
Midwest? In other words -- assuming Michelle and Jim Bob and their
massive brood of cookie-cutter Christian kidbots will all be, as the
charming photo suggests, never allowed near a decent pair of designer
jeans or a tolerable haircut from a recent decade, and assuming that
they will all be tragically encoded with the values of the homophobic
asexual Christian right -- where are the forces that shall help
neutralize their effect on the culture? Where is the counterbalance,
to offset the damage?

Where is, in other words, the funky tattooed intellectual poetess who,
along with her genius anarchist husband, is popping out 16 funky
progressive intellectually curious fashion-forward pagan offspring to
answer the Duggar's squad of über-white future Wal-Mart shoppers?
Where is the liberal, spiritualized, pro-sex flip side? Verily I say
unto thee, it ain't lookin' good.

Perhaps this the scariest aspect of our squishy birthin' tale: Maybe
the scales are tipping to the neoconservative, homogenous right in our
culture simply because they tend not to give much of a damn for the
ramifications of wanton breeding and environmental destruction and
pious sanctimony, whereas those on the left actually seem to give a
whit for the health of the planet and the dire effects of
overpopulation. Is that an oversimplification?

Why does this sort of thoughtfulness seem so far from the norm? Why is
having a stadiumful of offspring still seen as some sort of happy
joyous thing?

You already know why. It is the Biggest Reason of All. Children are,
after all, God's little gifts. Kids are little blessings from the
Lord, the Almighty's own screaming spitballs of joy. Hell, Jim Bob
said so himself, when asked if the couple would soon be going for a
17th rug rat: "We both just love children and we consider each a
blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and
she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them."
This is what he actually said. And God did not strike him dead on the
spot.

Let us be clear: I don't care what sort of God you believe in, it's a
safe bet that hysterical breeding does not top her list of desirables.
God does not want more children per acre than there are ants or mice
or garter snakes or repressed pedophilic priests. We already have
three billion humans on the planet who subsist on less than two
dollars a day. Every other child in the world (one billion of them)
lives in abject poverty. We are burning through the planet's resources
faster than a Republican can eat an endangered caribou stew. Note to
Michelle Duggar: If God wanted you to have a massive pile of children,
she'd have given your uterus a hydraulic pump and a revolving door.
Stop it now.

Ah, but this is America, yes? People should be allowed to do whatever
the hell they want with their families if they can afford it and if
it's within the law and so long as they aren't gay or deviant or
happily flouting Good Christian Values, right? Shouldn't they? Hell,
gay couples still can't openly adopt a baby in most states (they
either lie, or one adopts and the other must apply as "co-parent"),
but Michelle Duggar can pop out 16 kids and no one says, oh my
freaking God, stop it, stop it now, you thoughtless, selfish, baby-
drunk people.

No, no one says that. That would be mean.

Kari

Aug 3, 2007, 5:19:44 PM8/3/07
kfb...@aol.com wrote:
>>She also needs birthing rehab for her addiction to giving birth.
>>
>>Kari
>

> You got that right. Clearly religious nutjobs with significant
> issues. Some Psych grad student should do their dissertation on these
> fruitcakes. Yet about 80 percent of the responses on AOL are along
> the lines of "isn't it wonderful that god has blessed them so" and
> "all children are a gift from god" and "they're not on welfare so
> leave them alone" etc. God this and god that. God god god. Does
> anyone see a lowest common denominator here? Jesus fucking christ
> with a bag of chips. These idiots manage to avoid the substance of
> any issue by turning to their imaginary friend in their little minds.

>snip<

For some silly reason, the religious freakazoids put gawd in the
eqation when it comes to womben getting knocked up--whether it's
once or multiple times. Yet, gawd was nowhere to be found when
people were slowly drowning in their attics during hurricane
Katrina. Nor was he to be found when the bridge in Minneapolis
collapsed a couple days ago.

I agree...gawd gawd gawd! Religiopests take the logic out of
everything.

Kari

Ryka

Aug 3, 2007, 6:34:02 PM8/3/07

"elizabeth" <efra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It amazes me to no end that this woman's body is able to keep reproducing! I
think they said she's 39 and her oldest is 23. At 39, isn't she starting to
wear out? How can these kids continue to be healthy?

Stephen J. Rush

Aug 3, 2007, 7:53:37 PM8/3/07

Sounds like a lucky roll of the genetic dice. Lucky, if what you want to
be is a broodmare, as she obviously does.

Message has been deleted

sionevar

Aug 3, 2007, 10:31:45 PM8/3/07
"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message

> It amazes me to no end that this woman's body is able to keep reproducing!
> I think they said she's 39 and her oldest is 23. At 39, isn't she starting
> to wear out? How can these kids continue to be healthy?

She was born in 1966, so either 40 or 41 at the moment.

I wouldn't normally wish a Downs baby on anybody, but this woman is just
begging for it. I'm sure they'd just call it a gift from god. And it's not
like she'd have to worry about the how/when/who of caring for such a child -
she'd just use the sprogs she already has to provide round the clock care.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jules W.

Aug 3, 2007, 11:28:26 PM8/3/07
On Aug 3, 11:32 pm, Dori <d...@nokids.net> wrote:

> Kari wrote:
> >She also needs birthing rehab for her addiction to giving birth.
>
> Heh heh.
>
> The Discovery Health Channel has a couple of programs about them. I
> wouldn't watch it at home, but since it was on tv at work, and it was
> a quiet night, we decided to tune in (I checked w/ my work partner to
> make sure it was OK. he's a parent, but just as disgusted as I am over
> that guppy moo.)
> It was weird.

After the tenth time I saw this program on the schedule, along with
Multiple Maniac Madness, I mean, 3 different programs about quints and
quads and triplets, I wrote to D-HC and told 'em that the topic of
health involved many interesting topics and medical specialties
besides breeders and their kvetching. I got a form e-mail back saying
that those in charge took every e-mail sent into consideration. SURE
they did.
The show was on again this week.

Watching child laborers, uh, laboring in fugly clothing is NOT
entertainment. I also find the Duggars only a little less creepy than
the Ramseys.

Jules W.

Message has been deleted

Kari

Aug 4, 2007, 12:38:55 AM8/4/07

I like the way Sinbad said that when you see a famblee with
multiple kids, it's not because they love kids. They're just
trying to get one that's right.

Kari, glad I'm not the Duggars

Phil Carmody

Aug 4, 2007, 7:59:01 AM8/4/07
"sionevar" <sion...@yahoo.com> writes:
> Reading this morning that Michelle Dugar has dropped another kid - her 17th.
>
> Somebody please buy this woman a tubal...

So she's still not had a child that she actaully likes yet, then?

Why else would she keep getting new ones?

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration

mischo

Aug 4, 2007, 8:23:08 AM8/4/07
Her outsize laundry bag of a uterus needs to fall out and drag on the
ground, leaving a slimy snail-trail through the dirt and gravel.
Oh, please, doG, make this happen!

elizabeth

Aug 4, 2007, 1:16:03 PM8/4/07
On Aug 3, 8:32 pm, Dori <d...@nokids.net> wrote:
> Kari wrote:
> >She also needs birthing rehab for her addiction to giving birth.
>
> Heh heh.
>
> The Discovery Health Channel has a couple of programs about them. I
> wouldn't watch it at home, but since it was on tv at work, and it was
> a quiet night, we decided to tune in (I checked w/ my work partner to
> make sure it was OK. he's a parent, but just as disgusted as I am over
> that guppy moo.) Anyway, I think the Dugar moo just likes giving birth
> and having babies.

REmember that childbirth and lactation create powerful "drugs" in the
brain, so she's obviously an addict.

I mean, she'd be better off getting tipsy, smoking pot,
whatever . ..but she likes to do it this way.

Kinda like some runners who really get off on the runner's high.

Some folks don't care for the childbirth/lactation high, same for
runner's high.

She said something along the line "even though it's
> painful, and a lot of hard work, I just can't WAIT to see that
> BAYBEE!" ending the sentence with a little squeal of anticipation. She
> didn't seem to have much interaction with the older children except to
> keep them in well-behaved, lock-step formation - issue all her orders
> in a low, modulated voice. And the kids - oy! They all dressed alike,
> according to sex. The boys all had short hair, most of them modeled
> along the line of their father; him with his Howdy Doody bob; and the
> girls wore long skirts and long hair, just like Mom.
>
> It was weird.

This is hardly new.

Remember French's novel, the woman's room?
One of the characters suffered from babyrabies, and disliked her
children intensely once they outgrew that stage.

Rabbit

Aug 4, 2007, 1:31:31 PM8/4/07
> This is hardly new.
>
> Remember French's novel, the woman's room?
> One of the characters suffered from babyrabies, and disliked her
> children intensely once they outgrew that stage.

Welcome to my world. My mother didn't dislike her children once they got
past the total dependency stage, but she definitely lost interest. All three
of us were effectively abandoned by her and raised by other family members
once we got old enough to tie our own shoes and shove our own dinners in our
mouths.

Rabbit

elizabeth

Aug 4, 2007, 1:50:04 PM8/4/07
On Aug 4, 10:31 am, "Rabbit" <notachancespamm...@screwyou.com> wrote:

> Welcome to my world. My mother didn't dislike her children once they got
> past the total dependency stage, but she definitely lost interest. All three
> of us were effectively abandoned by her and raised by other family members
> once we got old enough to tie our own shoes and shove our own dinners in our
> mouths.

I was very lucky, and had the sort of mother who liked her kids when
they got older and could discuss politics intelligently. She was of
the "Feminine Mystique" post WWII women.

I knew, from watching her and other mothers, that that just wasn't my
thing, and felt that if I had the money I would take in foster
daughters. I thought I'd have my own horse ranch and rock band by
now. The advantage to that is you can pick out the ones you get along
with, unlike spewing a cuntnugget, you're stuck with what you shit
out.

Ryka

Aug 4, 2007, 2:09:39 PM8/4/07

"Dori" <do...@nokids.net> wrote in message

> "Ryka" wrote:
>>It amazes me to no end that this woman's body is able to keep reproducing!
>>think they said she's 39 and her oldest is 23. At 39, isn't she starting
>>wear out? How can these kids continue to be healthy?
>
> The oldest is 19.
>
> You can't get to their web page but the DHC page is accessible
> http://health.discovery.com/convergence/duggars/duggarfamily.html
> Damn thing looks like it's patterned after a species fact sheet on
> the Animal Planet page: Fun Facts // Name that Duggar! // The Newest
> Duggar

The last time I saw the family was when she had #16 and they were moving
into their new 7000 sq. ft. house and the eldest boy was narrating the show.
She said she was 39 and I thought the eldest boy said he was 23. Good
Grief - she's 40 and has had 17 children in 19 years??? Is that some sort of
record? Don't like to be crude but....does this guy stick it in as soon as
she's dropped the last kid? Can't imagine how he knows it's in that spongy
large opening! That is sooooo gross!!! She has to be sick in the head!

You mentioned Animal Planet - she couldn't even qualify for that show -
animals have too much sense for her behavior! Is she out to set a record? I
don't want any and she wants as many as her body can produce??? Eeeeeew -
that's disgusting! I think she's selfish to want so many and to make the
older ones be the parents for the younger ones.

Ilene Bilenky

Aug 4, 2007, 2:54:10 PM8/4/07
In article <bvr7b3d8jd700a264...@4ax.com>,
Dori <do...@nokids.net> wrote:

> And the kids - oy! They all dressed alike,
> according to sex. The boys all had short hair, most of them modeled
> along the line of their father; him with his Howdy Doody bob; and the
> girls wore long skirts and long hair, just like Mom.

Supposedly, she "home schools." How on earth can someone school so many
kids of different ages?

Andrea Yates didn't last past five kids.

The Dugars sound like a matriarchal cult or something.

Ilene B

Ilene Bilenky

Aug 4, 2007, 2:55:54 PM8/4/07
In article <QZMsi.58$dD3.23@trnddc07>, Kari <felici...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Yet, gawd was nowhere to be found when
> people were slowly drowning in their attics during hurricane
> Katrina. Nor was he to be found when the bridge in Minneapolis
> collapsed a couple days ago.

But how about the people who didn't die/drown/suffer whose "prayers were
answered?"

I think that whole world view is worse than wrong, it's mean-spirited.
"I made it because doG loves me and mine, but my neighbors drowned,
so..."

Ilene B

Kari

Aug 4, 2007, 3:06:11 PM8/4/07
Ryka wrote:

>much snippage<

Don't like to be crude but....does this guy stick it in as soon as she's
dropped the last kid?

I'm thinking so. I doubt they even give each epesiotomy (or C-section)
time to heal before they get busy making the next crotch dropping.

Hell, I don't think she's ever even taken the time to actually
have at least one visit from Aunt Flo before getting knocked up
with each next hump dumpling.

She's obviously found only one part of her body that works.
Him, too. I think they are both addicted to birthin' and
need some serious birthin' rehab to find out where their
addiction comes from. Something's wrong with them.

Kari

Ilene Bilenky

Aug 4, 2007, 3:40:59 PM8/4/07

In the world public health world, there's a thing called "maternal
depletion." Suggests that women go at least two years between
pregnancies for their own health concerns (assuming, of course, that
they have access to any such choice).

Ilene B

khan

Aug 4, 2007, 4:08:32 PM8/4/07

I think I mentioned this here before: back when I was in my 20s I
worked with Vikki (same age). She was the oldest of 7 children. As she
explained it: her mother loved babies & lost interest in them at about
age 3, then she would have another baby. Her family could support them
all financially, but Vikki was an emotional wreck.

Miz Daisy Cutter

Aug 5, 2007, 1:20:21 AM8/5/07
On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:40:59 -0400, Ilene Bilenky reached into its ass and
pulled out (in article
<ileneb-FEEEF3....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>):

> In the world public health world, there's a thing called "maternal
> depletion."

Random etymology note: The word "effete" comes from the Latin "effetus,"
meaning "worn out by childbearing."

-- Daze

Miz Daisy Cutter

Aug 5, 2007, 1:22:49 AM8/5/07
On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:06:11 -0400, Kari reached into its ass and pulled out
(in article <D64ti.191$Aj6.110@trnddc01>):

> Don't like to be crude

Aw, don't be a wet blanket.

> but....does this guy stick it in as soon as she's
> dropped the last kid?

I've written this before, but I think she just sits on the couch knitting
baby booties and watching "The 700 Club" (is that still on?) with her labia
tied behind her waist, and Jim-Bob fists off in the direction of her gaping
flesh-canyon.

As someone on LJ said, Michelle is no longer analogous to a clown car, but to
a zeppelin hangar.

-- Daze

Miz Daisy Cutter

Aug 5, 2007, 1:25:26 AM8/5/07
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:34:26 -0400, kfb...@aol.com reached into its ass and
pulled out (in article
<1186166066.0...@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com>):

> Yet about 80 percent of the responses on AOL are along
> the lines of "isn't it wonderful that god has blessed them so" and
> "all children are a gift from god" and "they're not on welfare so

> leave them alone" etc. Of course, anyone who ventures an
> alternate opinion or is otherwise not fully supportive of this baby
> farm is "intolerant" and a "pseudo-intellectual snob".

AOL, MSNBC, the old Yahoo boards, etc. Wherever the lowest common denominator
*can* post, they *do* post, and they inevitably post shite. And, in the
States, this means that wherever they can work in a reference to gaaaaawwwwwd
and/or jeeeeeeezusssssss, they will.

-- Daze

Kenny McCormack

Aug 5, 2007, 7:52:35 AM8/5/07
In article <0001HW.C2DAD786...@newsgroups.comcast.net>,
Miz Daisy Cutter <fuck...@die.com> wrote:

>AOL, MSNBC, the old Yahoo boards, etc. Wherever the lowest common denominator
>*can* post, they *do* post, and they inevitably post shite. And, in the
>States, this means that wherever they can work in a reference to gaaaaawwwwwd
>and/or jeeeeeeezusssssss, they will.

Such is the state of things nowadays in Bush America.

Ilene Bilenky

Aug 5, 2007, 3:43:43 PM8/5/07
In article <0001HW.C2DAD655...@newsgroups.comcast.net>,

Miz Daisy Cutter <fe...@crawlspace.org> wrote:

> Random etymology note: The word "effete" comes from the Latin "effetus,"
> meaning "worn out by childbearing.

Really?! Now that is fascinating. Interesting how the use has sort of
changed.

Is it "entymology" that refers to insects?

I love knowing the etymology (is "etiology" wrong?) of words and
phrases. It makes the language so much richer.

IleneB

Terry Lomax

Aug 5, 2007, 6:11:53 PM8/5/07
On Aug 4, 11:20 pm, Miz Daisy Cutter <fe...@crawlspace.org> wrote:

> Random etymology note: The word "effete" comes from the Latin "effetus,"
> meaning "worn out by childbearing."

Fitting, if you consider most effete snobs are breeders.

This past week at work, went to a computer at break. A breeder big
manager idiot (4 kids, lives in a far suburb to keep away from the
nonwhites and the poor) demanded the grunt worker at the computer next
to me go to Yahoo because the lead story was the birth of the
umpteenth kid. Of course he condoned the hugeness of the family.
He's the breeder I mentioned recently when I got caught in the
crossfire of a conversation between two dads about their kids.

Terry Lomax

Aug 5, 2007, 6:19:39 PM8/5/07
On Aug 4, 12:55 pm, Ilene Bilenky <ile...@shore.net> wrote:
> In article <QZMsi.58$dD3.23@trnddc07>, Kari <felicityj...@verizon.net>

> wrote:
>
> > Yet, gawd was nowhere to be found when
> > people were slowly drowning in their attics during hurricane
> > Katrina. Nor was he to be found when the bridge in Minneapolis
> > collapsed a couple days ago.
>
> But how about the people who didn't die/drown/suffer whose "prayers were
> answered?"
>
> I think that whole world view is worse than wrong, it's mean-spirited.
> "I made it because doG loves me and mine, but my neighbors drowned,
> so..."

The natural reaction to surviving something like the bridge collapse
while others around you die, if you're an atheist, agnostic, or a
religion other than Judeo-Xtianity, is guilt that you survived while
others died. The Jews boast that they survived because they claim
they're "God's Chosen People". The self-proclaimed
"Christians" (evangelicals) claim everybody who isn't in their church
is going to Hell (and they would if they ever left the church), so God
chose them to survive because He favors them.

Laura Linger (raised Catholic, married a Jew) posted in ascf that
Katrina was an act of God, that He favored killing huge numbers of
Blacks.

Stephen J. Rush

Aug 5, 2007, 8:03:19 PM8/5/07
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 15:19:39 -0700, Terry Lomax wrote:

> Laura Linger (raised Catholic, married a Jew) posted in ascf that
> Katrina was an act of God, that He favored killing huge numbers of
> Blacks.

Then there was the Rebublican asshole who crowed, right after Katrina,
that New Orleans was finally Mardi Gras - free, Southern Decadence - free,
fag - free... I guess somebody pointed out to him that the French
Quarter, built on the highest land thereabouts (when it was built, it was
easy to find the high spot; it was dry) did not flood, because I didn't
read any more such drivel except from the fundie-loon fringe. I used to
be a Republican. I voted Libertarian in the last few elections, but this
time I plan to vote for whichever jackass the Democats nominate, just to
do my bit toward throwing the current gang of rascals out. "Rascals" is a
gross understatement. Some of what has been done in our name in the last
four years is a lot more impeachable than anything Slick Willy might have
done with his willy. Hell, there are probably a lot of people in
Washington who are very thankful that the framers of the Constitution
chose to define treason so narrowly. And yes, the Democrats will nominate
a jackass (unless this one is a jenny). The primary process will filter
out any good candidate, assuming that anyone who would be a good President
would be fool enough to run.

Miz Daisy Cutter

Aug 5, 2007, 8:31:48 PM8/5/07
On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 15:43:43 -0400, Ilene Bilenky reached into its ass and
pulled out (in article
<ileneb-8CC40E....@comcast.dca.giganews.com>):

> Is it "entymology" that refers to insects?

"Entomology," with 3 "o"s.

> I love knowing the etymology (is "etiology" wrong?)

Per Wiki, "etiology" is the study of causation, "can refer to myths as well
as to medical and philosophical theories," and is derived from the Greek
_aition_ ("cause").

"Etymology" is rooted in the Greek word _etumos_, meaning "real" or "true."

> of words and phrases. It makes the language so much richer.

It does, indeed. One unfortunate thing I've noticed, though, is that some
people commit the logical fallacy of believing that a word's origins will
necessarily have something profound to say about its current meaning. And
sometimes they're just going by folk etymology or something they pulled out
of their own ass -- e.g., deriving "woman" from "womb" + "man" (which I've
seen done, once).

-- Daze

meb

Aug 6, 2007, 1:49:02 AM8/6/07

Yeah, I had to wonder with looking at the news pictures of #16 (?) and
now the latest, what's going on with osteoporosis for her? K1dz are
quite the calcium leeches, and she's never photographed while standing.

-Mb

Ryka

Aug 6, 2007, 10:53:47 AM8/6/07

"meb" <nos...@c0mcazt.net> wrote in message

The last show I saw she was taking a tour of her new house (just after the
birth of #16) and walking around with everyone else. She looked fine and was
carrying the newest infant. She was 39 at the time. Time, I'm sure, will be
her enemy - her body must be wearing out in many ways!

Denise

Aug 7, 2007, 11:49:24 AM8/7/07

"elizabeth" <efra...@hotmail.com> wrote

God Does Not Want 16 Kids
Arkansas mom gives birth to a whole freakin' baseball team. How deeply
should you cringe?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

<snipped article>

Mark Morford is my favorite columnist, and that was a fantastic article.
Thanks!!

Denise

Message has been deleted