marriage destroyed by adopted flesh-loaf

kim birney

Jul 20, 2002, 1:00:01 PM7/20/02

sandra

Jul 20, 2002, 2:35:09 PM7/20/02
kim birney wrote:

> Marriage, Interrupted, for Angelina Jolie
>
> http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20020717_465.html

I am so surprised they didn't work out. Guess that's a baby does for
ya.

--
Sandra

sandra

Jul 20, 2002, 2:35:56 PM7/20/02
Grim wrote:

> Every time I see pix of Angelina Jolie, she reminds me more and more of
> this chick:
>
> http://vatican.rotten.com/spiral/
>
> Grim

That series of photos is so tragic, so sad :-(

--
Sandra

Salome

Jul 20, 2002, 2:50:25 PM7/20/02
It strikes me that this mess wasn't caused by the poor little loaf. It was
caused by two irresponsible, self-indulgent loons who don't know what the
fuck they're doing.

Celebrities. Feh.

Salome

Duke: The lights are growing dim. I know a life of crime led me to this
sorry fate. And yet I blame society. Society made me what I am.
Otto: That's bullshit. You're a white suburban punk, just like me.
-- REPO MAN

kim birney

Jul 20, 2002, 5:04:16 PM7/20/02
Sure, but the baby was the "final straw."

Salome

Jul 20, 2002, 6:12:17 PM7/20/02
"kim birney" wrote,

> Salome wrote:
> >
> > It strikes me that this mess wasn't caused by the poor little loaf. It
was
> > caused by two irresponsible, self-indulgent loons who don't know what
the
> > fuck they're doing.
> >
> > Celebrities. Feh.

> Sure, but the baby was the "final straw."

Which, as with most mindless pahrunts, is their own damned fault. I realize
that baybees put a terrible strain on marriages, and these two silly-arses
should have realized the same thing.

Winnie

Jul 20, 2002, 6:39:19 PM7/20/02

"kim birney" <halfa...@cox.net> wrote in message

> Sure, but the baby was the "final straw."

Feighnalstraughe, don't do that! <slap>

Winnie

Ida Kern

Jul 20, 2002, 8:36:19 PM7/20/02
> > Marriage, Interrupted, for Angelina Jolie
> >
> > http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20020717_465.html

I've got mixed feelings about that situation. I have a tiny bit of respect
of Angelina for adopting an orphan instead of populating the world with
another (her own) flesh loaf.

The big question is: did she discuss this with Billy Bob ahead of time?

Did he agree to go ahead with it? Did he balk (and she did it anyway?)

If he gave her his support to do it, then he is a cad for running out on
her. If he told her upright he didn't want one and she did it anyway,
well.......then she got what she wanted and I will not pity her.
Ida

Soul Cat

Jul 20, 2002, 10:01:47 PM7/20/02

"Ida Kern" <cloon...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
I am not one to keep up with celebrity gossip, but I vaguely remember
reading something in People or US in the doctor's waiting room that Ms.
Jolie decided she had to have a child shortly after Laura Dern announced she
was pregnant. I remember thinking that Angelina didn't want Laura
one-upping her.

IIRC, Angelina considered adopting a child because she didn't want to
destroy her figure and also she was locked into some type of studio contract
for the next two years.

Valerie Stark

Jul 20, 2002, 10:55:02 PM7/20/02
In article <ahcs75$pk2$1...@slb7.atl.mindspring.net>,

Ida Kern <cloon...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I've got mixed feelings about that situation. I have a tiny bit of respect
>of Angelina for adopting an orphan instead of populating the world with
>another (her own) flesh loaf.

Well, she does see an awful lot of misery caused by overpopulation in her
volunteer work. Dunno how much work she does with her own two hands, but
her money helps.

>If he gave her his support to do it, then he is a cad for running out on
>her.

Why? It isn't as though the kid will now grow up in poverty. It isn't as
though she'll have to work more as a single mom and therefore won't see
the kid as often as she would have.

I kind of figured their marriage was a publicity stunt, anyway. He's so
gross!

Valerie

Jadite

Jul 20, 2002, 11:42:42 PM7/20/02
Valerie Stark wrote ...

> Ida Kern wrote:
> >
> > I've got mixed feelings about that situation. I have a tiny
> > bit of respect of Angelina for adopting an orphan instead
> > of populating the world with another (her own) flesh loaf.
>
> Well, she does see an awful lot of misery caused by
> overpopulation in her volunteer work. Dunno how much
> work she does with her own two hands, but her money
> helps.

Better than most female celebrities, who tend to pop 'em out and
either treat 'em like accessories or farm 'em out to nannies and
boarding schools. Plus celebrats usually seem to grow up to be
monsters. Whatever her reasons, it's admirable she chose to adopt
instead of squeezing out a vanity-brat, and that she does at
least actually go out and try to do some good rather than just
show up at a posh fundraiser now and then and make perfunctory
sad noises about the plight of third-worlders during interviews
in an attempt to make herself seem less shallow.

[snip]

> I kind of figured their marriage was a publicity stunt,
> anyway. He's so gross!

I agree on both points. I always thought she married him to take
the heat off her about her brother. Isn't it convenient that she
just happened to elope with Billy Bob right at the time there was
all that gossip?