Do you get dinner with the show?

Cori

Oct 20, 2003, 7:05:32 PM10/20/03
What is it people who put a show on for you with their crotchnuggets?

DH and I were contemplating hand held vacs at Tarjay last weekend.
Woman with small crotchling in arms comes over. She jiggles the thing,
and every time it makes its whimpering noise, she goo goo talks the
thing. "OOh, are oo talking to me?" DH and I studiouly ignored her the
whole time. Eventually she tired of not receiving any attention and
wandered off.

How pathetic?

Cori

OOo's the pretty kitty?

Morwen

Oct 21, 2003, 12:01:08 AM10/21/03
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:05:32 -0400, Cori wrote
(in message <0TZkb.55236$Hs.3...@twister.nyroc.rr.com>):

I believe the new term for that is babystalking.

Morwen

Rabbit

Oct 21, 2003, 6:38:46 PM10/21/03

Starbucks. (Hey, it's in the bookstore and it's the only decent coffee for
miles.) Mr. Rabbit and I grab the comfy chairs when the Brat Pack -- Mommy,
Daddy and five (count 'em) rugrats take off, leaving more mess than those
old Disney cartoons where the bear cubs ransacked the log cabin kitchen.

Mommy takes off, but Daddy wanders through the store with the smallest
one -- old enough to do the wobble-walk, not old enough to talk (or blow its
nose -- ugh).

Next thing we know, it's standing there, about a foot away from Mr. Rabbit,
looking up at him. And Daddy is beaming at both of us. We know this because
we can see him out of the corners of our eyes. We glance over at the child
(he sees this), and then we immediately look away, and continue our
conversation.

Daddy deflates like a balloon. Eventually, rugrat toddles back to him, and
we finish our coffee in peace. (We have found that ignoring them often
pisses the parent off more than saying anything.)

A little while later, I'm looking over the magazines, and I realize someone
is right beside me. Yes, it's Daddy, and he's holding the brat out so it can
look me straight in the face. Rabbit goes on Full Ignore and goes for
another magazine. Daddy actually spins the thing around so it's facing me
again. I do the same thing again. It's actually so funny I'm not angry, just
very amused ... especially when he deflates AGAIN (is this guy really so
thick?) and finally wanders off...

Rabbit

Cori

Oct 21, 2003, 6:47:18 PM10/21/03

> A little while later, I'm looking over the magazines, and I realize someone
> is right beside me. Yes, it's Daddy, and he's holding the brat out so it can
> look me straight in the face. Rabbit goes on Full Ignore and goes for
> another magazine. Daddy actually spins the thing around so it's facing me
> again. I do the same thing again. It's actually so funny I'm not angry, just
> very amused ... especially when he deflates AGAIN (is this guy really so
> thick?) and finally wanders off...
>
> Rabbit

Don't you just love deflating them?

Did I ever mention the one at Monticello? We were all lined up to go
into the house, so Duh had himself a captive audience. He started
cavorting on the lawn with the fruit of his loins. CF Group threw
him multiple death glares. (Last year's Woof Con)

Cori

JesterKat

Oct 21, 2003, 8:34:16 PM10/21/03
Somewhere in the wilds of alt.support.childfree, Cori
<no...@noplace.gov> wrote:

>Don't you just love deflating them?
>
>Did I ever mention the one at Monticello? We were all lined up to go
>into the house, so Duh had himself a captive audience. He started
>cavorting on the lawn with the fruit of his loins. CF Group threw
>him multiple death glares. (Last year's Woof Con)

*snork* I'd forgotten that--I only remember the gorgeous mountaintop
views. *Much* more appealing. ;-)

---JesterKat

***************
But how can you know what you want
Till you get what you want
And you see if you like it? ---Stephen Sondheim

Caelan

Oct 22, 2003, 12:24:12 AM10/22/03
Cori <no...@noplace.gov> wrote in message news:<0TZkb.55236$Hs.3...@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...

One of my co-workers had a real gem of a husband(?). The guy comes to
work to visit her EVERY DAY and has the baby stalking thing down pat.
He also seems to make a bee line for me everytime since my dept is one
of the first you come into. I'm polite, but just polite. Our extremely
friendly security staff is so tired of being babstalked that she
retreats to the washroom whevener '____'s psycho husband' appears. I
inadvertantly refered to Duh as a 'babystalker' and security guard
knew exactly what I was talking about without explanation of any kind.
LOL!

Caelan.

starblood

Oct 22, 2003, 8:43:14 AM10/22/03
"Cori" <no...@noplace.gov> wrote in message

> What is it people who put a show on for you with their crotchnuggets?

You should have stuck a dollar in its g-string.

JesterKat

Oct 22, 2003, 6:17:12 PM10/22/03
Somewhere in the wilds of alt.support.childfree, Silverwingrider
<silve...@nokids.net> wrote:

>>Did I ever mention the one at Monticello? We were all lined up to go
>>into the house, so Duh had himself a captive audience. He started
>>cavorting on the lawn with the fruit of his loins. CF Group threw
>>him multiple death glares. (Last year's Woof Con)
>

>And one of the old lady docents didn't come out and put a stop to it
>right quick?

This wasn't anywhere near this house itself--it was out where we were
waiting in line for the house tour--and it was a long line. When our
tour started, there was a sprog incident very much like the one you
related. It was a beautiful thing to see. ;-)

Cori

Oct 22, 2003, 9:45:21 PM10/22/03

> This wasn't anywhere near this house itself--it was out where we were
> waiting in line for the house tour--and it was a long line. When our
> tour started, there was a sprog incident very much like the one you
> related. It was a beautiful thing to see. ;-)
>
> ---JesterKat
>
> ***************
> But how can you know what you want
> Till you get what you want
> And you see if you like it? ---Stephen Sondheim

And of course it was the same sprog and duh.
Sweet justice. And the house was fantastic.

Cori

JesterKat

Oct 22, 2003, 11:11:52 PM10/22/03
<no...@noplace.gov> wrote:

>> This wasn't anywhere near this house itself--it was out where we were
>> waiting in line for the house tour--and it was a long line. When our
>> tour started, there was a sprog incident very much like the one you
>> related. It was a beautiful thing to see. ;-)
>

>And of course it was the same sprog and duh.
>Sweet justice. And the house was fantastic.

It was? I swear, I have a memory like a... yannow... one of those
things with the holes in it.

WendyK

Oct 23, 2003, 2:21:12 PM10/23/03
Morwen <Mor...@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:<0001HW.BBBA27C4...@news.gmavt.net>...

> > I believe the new term for that is babystalking.
>
> Morwen

I was - I dunno, preggo-stalked, or maybe fetus-stalked, at Target
today. Preggo moo kept turning up in front of me, rubbing the nasty
belly and cooing at it. Every corner I turned in the store, there it
was. Are people really that hard up for attentiont that they have to
shove their proof of one successful sexual encounter in the faces of
total strangers? Geez.

--
The more I know people the more I love my dogs.

LadySycamore

Oct 23, 2003, 7:34:41 PM10/23/03
Rabbit wrote:
> Starbucks. (Hey, it's in the bookstore and it's the only decent coffee for
> miles.) Mr. Rabbit and I grab the comfy chairs when the Brat Pack -- Mommy,
> Daddy and five (count 'em) rugrats take off, leaving more mess than those
> old Disney cartoons where the bear cubs ransacked the log cabin kitchen.

First of all, kids in Starbucks is just plain...wrong. lol!

> Mommy takes off, but Daddy wanders through the store with the smallest
> one -- old enough to do the wobble-walk, not old enough to talk (or blow its
> nose -- ugh).
>
> Next thing we know, it's standing there, about a foot away from Mr. Rabbit,
> looking up at him. And Daddy is beaming at both of us. We know this because
> we can see him out of the corners of our eyes. We glance over at the child
> (he sees this), and then we immediately look away, and continue our
> conversation.
>
> Daddy deflates like a balloon.

Bahhhhahaha. I love that line. And that's what the hell he gets.

> Eventually, rugrat toddles back to him, and
> we finish our coffee in peace. (We have found that ignoring them often
> pisses the parent off more than saying anything.)
>
> A little while later, I'm looking over the magazines, and I realize someone
> is right beside me. Yes, it's Daddy, and he's holding the brat out so it can
> look me straight in the face. Rabbit goes on Full Ignore and goes for
> another magazine. Daddy actually spins the thing around so it's facing me
> again. I do the same thing again. It's actually so funny I'm not angry, just
> very amused ... especially when he deflates AGAIN (is this guy really so
> thick?) and finally wanders off...

Jesus, I can't believe he was that hard-up for you to acknowledge his kid!

Love the "deflate" references! LOL!

--
~LadySycamore~
"Your 'right' doesn't make me 'wrong'" Mr. T.Jones