Stupid Breeder LTTE

Steve

Oct 20, 2001, 10:44:34 PM10/20/01
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102001/let_1020010077.shtml

Let Kids Be Kids

Re: The letter " 'Child Ban' Wanted" (A-J, 8-22). Since we're solving for
child-free zones, let's go ahead and have a rude adult free-zone, an
elderly-free zone, an opinionated, loud drunk, smoking and drug-free zone.
C'mon. That sounds dumb, but so does a child-free zone.

Let's initiate a zone where people who complain all the time can all eat and
watch movies together and live near each other, and kids don't go there. Oh,
that's right, that's called an asylum.

Live a little, let kids be kids. I'm very sure no one was the perfect child.
Consider this the next time you go somewhere and want to complain about the
kids: They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put us
in. Live and let live.

FELIX BENAVIDES, Lubbock Via e-mail

Message has been deleted

John Q. Anonymous

Oct 20, 2001, 11:32:10 PM10/20/01
"Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
> Re: The letter " 'Child Ban' Wanted" (A-J, 8-22). Since we're solving
> for child-free zones, ...

What was the original letter about? Where did the original writer want
children banned from?

--
John Q. Anonymous

Jadite

Oct 21, 2001, 12:07:28 AM10/21/01
Steve wrote in message ...
>http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102001/let_1020010077.shtml

Get out the bingo cards and booze -- the clichés fly thick and fast in this
one.

>Let Kids Be Kids
>
>Re: The letter " 'Child Ban' Wanted" (A-J, 8-22). Since we're solving for
>child-free zones,

"Solving for" -- what the heck does that mean?

>let's go ahead and have a rude adult free-zone, an
>elderly-free zone, an opinionated, loud drunk, smoking and drug-free zone.
>C'mon. That sounds dumb, but so does a child-free zone.

On the contrary, a lot of those sound pretty sensible.

>Let's initiate a zone where people who complain all the time can all eat
and
>watch movies together and live near each other, and kids don't go there.
Oh,
>that's right, that's called an asylum.

You betcha! "Asylum" means "haven" or "sanctuary," and the kind described
sure sounds appealing to me -- CF Nation, anyone?

>Live a little, let kids be kids. I'm very sure no one was the perfect
child.
>Consider this the next time you go somewhere and want to complain about
the
>kids: They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put
us
>in. Live and let live.

Wow -- FIVE in one paragraph. Bet that's a record.

Why can't breeders come up with any original arguments? They just keep
trotting out the same old lines.

Fudge

Oct 21, 2001, 5:58:37 AM10/21/01

Steve <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

< They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put us in.

He admitted the truth here! This one hasn't been looking after his parunts.

Rabbit

Oct 21, 2001, 8:59:04 AM10/21/01

> Let's initiate a zone where people who complain all the time can all eat
and
> watch movies together and live near each other, and kids don't go there.
Oh,
> that's right, that's called an asylum.

Well, if that's what we have to call it, so be it. Who's in?

Rabbit

Winnie

Oct 21, 2001, 2:36:16 PM10/21/01

"Rabbit" <rab...@hotstar.net> wrote in message

I'll get me coat. The nice white one with the long sleeves....

Winnie
xx

JD Kidkill

Oct 21, 2001, 2:36:51 PM10/21/01
"Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102001/let_1020010077.shtml
>
> Let Kids Be Kids
>
> Re: The letter " 'Child Ban' Wanted" (A-J, 8-22). Since we're solving for
> child-free zones, let's go ahead and have a rude adult free-zone, an
> elderly-free zone, an opinionated, loud drunk, smoking and drug-free zone.
> C'mon. That sounds dumb, but so does a child-free zone.

Actually, I would love an adults-only coffee shop for those times I don't
want to be drinking or be around cigarette smoke. Elderly don't bug me,
however loud drunken adults bother me as much as screaming fleshloaves. I
just don't like being around loud people sometimes.

> Let's initiate a zone where people who complain all the time can all eat
and
> watch movies together and live near each other, and kids don't go there.
Oh,
> that's right, that's called an asylum.

It never occurs to breeders that their kids should behave in public places.
If I get mad because my movie, dinner, or cultural event is interrupted and
my enjoyment compromised, in their small little placenta brains, that is my
problem. GMAFB. Everyone in this newsgroup remembers either a) not going
to adult establishments, or b) being removed and/or heavily disciplined for
acting up in adult establishments. Why is this so difficult to grasp today?
Instead of disciplining their damn brats, breeders would rather blame the
other patrons and suggest they are crazy for not doting all over their
crotch droppings.

> Live a little, let kids be kids. I'm very sure no one was the perfect
child.

No; and when I wasn't perfect I either a) stayed home or b) faced heavy
discipline. If (b) occurred, I remember Mom literally picking me up by my
OshKosh overalls (while apologizing to everyone around her) throwing me in
the backseat of the car (a VW Beetle, so it was more like stuffing me into
the car), and telling me how disappointed she was in me for acting up in
public and embarrassing her. It actually worked! I learned to consider
others' feelings, a concept unknown to the crotch maggots of today. There
was a place for me to be a kid and a place for me to control those childish
impulses. Now there is no difference.

> Consider this the next time you go somewhere and want to complain about
the
> kids: They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put
us
> in. Live and let live.

NOBODY is deciding my nursing home, breeder fuck brain! I don't have kids .
. . therefore, I don't have anyone in my life who will consider me "trouble"
and throw me into a virtual prison.

I HATE this fuck brained thinking!!! HATE it, Hate it HATE IT!

JdK

Steve

Oct 21, 2001, 4:53:58 PM10/21/01
"John Q. Anonymous" <jo...@q.anonymous> wrote in > What was the original

letter about? Where did the original writer want children banned from?

Here's the orignial LTTE. How any sane person could have a problem with this
letter is beyond me, but I guess we all know that breeders aren't sane.

'Child Ban' Wanted

I donated blood a while back and received a pair of tickets to "Jurassic
Park 3." I attended the 11:15 a.m. show on Saturday. Even though I enjoyed
the movie, the parts that I could hear anyway, I did not enjoy the children
who were there. These ill-mannered children repeatedly kicked the back of my
chair, as well as many others, were constantly up running and screaming at
the front of the theater, and throwing food.

I realize that many of these children didn't know any better since the
parents responsible for teaching manners have not done so.

Since there is a smoking ban for Lubbock, I am suggesting that there should
be a child ban passed as well. There should be no children at movies and
restaurants since they cannot be controlled.

I realize that some movies and restaurants are geared for children — so it
cannot be a total ban — so I am suggesting child-free hours so that the rest
of the well-behaved people can enjoy going out without being bothered with
out-of-control children.

TARA WEST,
Lubbock
Via e-mail

> --
> John Q. Anonymous

JD Kidkill

Oct 21, 2001, 2:58:22 PM10/21/01
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102101/let_1021010053.shtml

Children Have Rights

Re: The letter " 'Child Ban' Wanted" (A-J, 8-23). What a pathetic letter.
This person obviously has never had children or didn't like the children
that she did have! Yes, I agree that crying, disruptive children in a movie
theater or restaurant should be removed, disciplined (spanked, if necessary)
but banned? Hmmmm?

The parents are to blame in a situation like this anyway. Use common sense
when you take your she/he devil out in public! You know when your kids are
unmanageable ... don't you? I don't think we should punish children or lower
them to the worth of a house pet just because of one opinion from a woman
like this.

Children have rights, too. People like this should rent movies to view at
home and order in when they want to eat out if they can't tolerate it when a
child cries or misbehaves.

What's the world coming to? The letter writer needs to get a life, or better
yet, have a child and she will then see what little blessings they really
are.

MOO
Lubbock Via e-mail

--
*********
"There is nothing more sterile than child-rearing."

--Me to wanna-baby friends telling me that my tubal can be reversed.

*************

JD Kidkill

Oct 21, 2001, 3:03:24 PM10/21/01

"John Q. Anonymous" <jo...@q.anonymous> wrote in message
> "Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> What was the original letter about? Where did the original writer want
> children banned from?

Here you go:

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/082201/let_075-6013.shtml

[...]

Letter Writer with real name,
Lubbock
Via e-mail

Wolf

Oct 21, 2001, 3:40:47 PM10/21/01

"JD Kidkill" <mist...@spamsux.com> wrote in message

> "John Q. Anonymous" <jo...@q.anonymous> wrote in message
> > "Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What was the original letter about? Where did the original writer want
> > children banned from?
>
> Here you go:
>
> http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/082201/let_075-6013.shtml
>
> I donated blood a while back and received a pair of tickets to "Jurassic
> Park 3." I attended the 11:15 a.m. show on Saturday. Even though I enjoyed
> the movie, the parts that I could hear anyway, I did not enjoy the
children
> who were there.
<snip>

I went to see that on my first date with Wonderful New Maybe SO. We have so
much in common. He and I both cheered on the dinosaurs, laughed at the
stupid humans running from them, and remarked on the obvious lack of
intelligence in people bringing kids to a movie like that one.
-Wolf

stePH

Oct 21, 2001, 4:32:20 PM10/21/01

Asylum? Childfree asylum?
Point the way, and I'm there! (c.f. Jadite's post above with proper
definition of "asylum")

stePH
--
"Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and
aggravation later in life." -- Robert Byrne

Rabbit

Oct 21, 2001, 4:43:04 PM10/21/01
> The parents are to blame in a situation like this anyway. Use common sense
> when you take your she/he devil out in public! You know when your kids are
> unmanageable ... don't you? I don't think we should punish children or
lower
> them to the worth of a house pet just because of one opinion from a woman
> like this.
>
> Children have rights, too. People like this should rent movies to view at
> home and order in when they want to eat out if they can't tolerate it when
> child cries or misbehaves.

I agree. If your child is going to cry or misbehave in the theatre or the
restaurant ... the parents should get a movie to view at home, and order in.

What's so tough about that?

Rabbit

BookWyrm

Oct 21, 2001, 5:19:28 PM10/21/01
slightly on topic, I was in kmart last night and saw on the shelf a dvd of an
old movie, "The Witches".. apparently the story is that a bunch of witches want
to turn all the world's children into mice...
which leads me to thinking about just how happy that would make cats and the
cfs they own...
which reminds me of the junk food slogan "crunch all you want, we'll make more"

--
NOTE! Reply to lostwings at yahoo dot com : I do not read email sent to my aol
address...

Steve

Oct 21, 2001, 7:38:18 PM10/21/01

"Rabbit" <rab...@hotstar.net> wrote in message

But then Snotleigh and Sproglina wouldn't be able to run up and down the
aisles at the movie theater like it's a playground. And also, the parents
would actually have to deal with the kids themselves, instead of having them
running loose annoying adult strangers while they watch the movie in bliss.

> Rabbit

BookWyrm

Oct 21, 2001, 7:35:45 PM10/21/01
In article <O8S7#GmWBHA.1572@cpimsnntpa03>, "Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
writes:

>I donated blood a while back and received a pair of tickets to "Jurassic
>Park 3."

How... appropriate.

Rabbit

Oct 21, 2001, 7:31:39 PM10/21/01

> > What's so tough about that?
>
> But then Snotleigh and Sproglina wouldn't be able to run up and down the
> aisles at the movie theater like it's a playground. And also, the parents
> would actually have to deal with the kids themselves, instead of having
them
> running loose annoying adult strangers while they watch the movie in
bliss.

How true. The usual parental whine is, "But how will they learn to behave at
the movies, if you childfree people won't let them be there?" Well, here's a
clue-by-four, dear. If your child won't sit still through a video in your
living room, putting him in a huge, dark room with a hundred other people
isn't going to magically transform him into Roger Ebert.

Rabbit

Jim

Oct 21, 2001, 8:27:23 PM10/21/01

BookWyrm wrote:

> In article <O8S7#GmWBHA.1572@cpimsnntpa03>, "Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
> writes:
>
> >I donated blood a while back and received a pair of tickets to "Jurassic
> >Park 3."
>
> How... appropriate.
> --

Geez. I donated blood and all I got was a free Italian ice.

Jim

MRFeathers

Oct 21, 2001, 8:35:32 PM10/21/01
>Geez. I donated blood and all I got was a free Italian ice.
>
>Jim

Well, I think I'd rather have the ice than a ticket to Jurassic Park 3.

Mary
Not a fan of sequels.

Glory Hound

Oct 22, 2001, 12:32:08 AM10/22/01
On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 08:59:04 -0400, "Rabbit" <rab...@hotstar.net>
wrote:

>Well, if that's what we have to call it, so be it. Who's in?

Just because that's the only CF place left don't make it *right*.

Elise

Washu

Oct 22, 2001, 3:31:34 AM10/22/01
>Children Have Rights

Yeah, and parents have RESPONSIBILITIES. You know why the letter writer wants a
"ban" on children? Because too many of them misbehave! If children acted in a
decent manner, we wouldn't be complaining about them!

Cause! Effect! Learn!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
ps. Speaking of asylums...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewreview.php3?reviewid=96

Forward spam to: spamr...@ChooseYourMail.com

Sardonica

Oct 22, 2001, 4:10:54 AM10/22/01
Jadite <jad...@nopigparts.veg> wrote in message

> >Let's initiate a zone where people who complain all the time can all eat
> and
> >watch movies together and live near each other, and kids don't go there.
> Oh,
> >that's right, that's called an asylum.
>
> You betcha! "Asylum" means "haven" or "sanctuary," and the kind described
> sure sounds appealing to me -- CF Nation, anyone?

Kids are there, too. Albeit on a different floor, maybe, but still present
and accounted for. At my job, I deal with doctors who request consultations
with other doctors about problems outside their realm of expertise. One of
my pediatric doctors once requested a consult with one of my psychiatric
doctors about committing a 4 year old.

I don't know the specifics, but I entertained images of a mini homicidal
maniac threatening his mommy with knives. All kids kinda scare me a
little bit--but the thought of encountering an institutionalised 4 year old
is particularly terrifying.

Miss Mickey

Saeryn

Oct 22, 2001, 10:29:16 AM10/22/01
"Jadite" <jad...@nopigparts.veg> wrote in message news:<tt4hacb...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Steve wrote in message ...
> >http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102001/let_1020010077.shtml
>

> Get out the bingo cards and booze -- the clichés fly thick and fast in this
> one.

<lifts her head from the table looking around blearily and burps a
booze-fuming belch>

*hic* I'm wayyyyy ahead of ya, shiss-ster! *hic*

<picks up nearly empty bottle of tequila and peers into it>

> >Live a little, let kids be kids. I'm very sure no one was the perfect
> child.
> >Consider this the next time you go somewhere and want to complain about
> the
> >kids: They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put
> us
> >in. Live and let live.
>
> Wow -- FIVE in one paragraph. Bet that's a record.

<tips the bottle up to her mouth, polishes it off, and promptly passes
out>
.
.
.
.
*WHUMP!*

~~Saeryn
anyone wanna call me in sick tomorrow?

Jadite

Oct 23, 2001, 7:39:37 PM10/23/01
Saeryn wrote in message
<8b82f551.01102...@posting.google.com>...

><tips the bottle up to her mouth, polishes it off, and promptly passes
>out>
>.
>.
>.
>.
>*WHUMP!*
>
>~~Saeryn
>anyone wanna call me in sick tomorrow?

Nuh-uh, 'cause you didn't save any ta-kill-ya for the rest of us!

Meanie.

virginia

Oct 23, 2001, 6:01:22 PM10/23/01

"Steve" <stv...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>They are our future, and they will decide what nursing home to put us
> in.

Well, at least that's more honest than "they'll be the ones wiping our
butts."

va ;-)

Jadite

Oct 24, 2001, 6:12:57 PM10/24/01
Dan Berkes wrote in message ...

>Saw this in action the other weekend at a restaurant in SF (sorry,
can't
>remember the name), where people with children were clumped together on
>the far side of the dining room, away from the windows and the nicer
>parts of the establishment.
>
>When one incoming Moo complained about it, the hostess used her best
>conspiratorial tone to say "Well, you know we do it because they (the
>non-childed adults sitting front) just don't appreciate children." The
>Moo's face turned from dark hostility to bright relief and she was
herded
>to her table without further complaint.

That hostess ought to get an award for diplomacy and a job well done.

You have the right idea -- make 'em realize it's for the good of the
chiiiiiildrun, and they'll jump through hoops, if you're convincing
enough.