Howdy - delurk

Ocelot

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Sorry I went bass-ackwards and posted before delurking - the DH
and I went where there were too many sprog/breeders, and when I
found you folk, I just got all excited ;).

I'm 29, going to South TX College of Law in Houston, I ride
(hunter-jumper, for those who are interested), I have a DH, 3
cats, 1 dog, and a horse. I'm also bi,pagan, vegetarian, out-of-
shape, and think that post-vasectomy sex is truly a gift from
whatever form of heaven you believe in ;). You might also notice
I'm a terrible smartass...

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Ocelot

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Sorry I went bass-ackwards and posted before delurking - the DH
and I went where there were too many sprog/breeders (the grocery
store) one time too many last week, and when I found you folk, I

meb

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00

Welcome! (The usual admission fee is a virtual offering
of chocolate, and a virtual drink is offered in return.)

I take lessons in dressage-style on a TB/Perch cross (hey,
I'm big too). I've only been over jumps on horseback
strictly as a very frightened passenger.

I have a DH, 4 cats, and 200+ model horses. There are other
horse people/ model horse people/ cat people here too.

-Mb

Ocelot

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Oooh, TB/Perch cross....My eyes turn even greener than usual
with envy!! My boy is a 4-and-a-half yr old TB/Quarter horse
cross, and just beginning to rediscover than the brain can work
in tandem with the feet ;). He's about 15.3 HH, and I'm 5ft2ins.
My trainer ayways said I looked like a flea perched up there,
and made rude specualtions about why I love riding the really
big ones ;).

I bring to you all tribute in the form of Teuscher's champagne
truffles, and a bottle of finely chilled Southern Comfort (I
know, I have no palate at all).

John & Mari Morgan

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:12:53 GMT, meb <mbr...@media1.net> wrote:

>I have a DH, 4 cats, and 200+ model horses. There are other
>horse people/ model horse people/ cat people here too.

Hee. I have one Breyer horse (the 1990 LE #818) left from my
high-school high of around 300. Sold most of 'em off as I had no place
to store them anymore, and the few I saved out mysteriously
disappeared from my folks' house after I moved. The one I miss the
most is the red roan Belgian, which was a special edition either Sears
or Penneys put out from a discontinued mold fifteen or so years ago. I
diverted my desires for owning a real live horse into model
collecting! Oddly enough, I do still daydream about a pair of
Haflingers...

I miss horse riding, too, although I royally sucked at it and never
really accomplished more than just wandering trails. A friend of DH's
has offered to take me trailwandering again this fall, since she has a
spare gentle old mutt who can happily carry a big fat chick. :-)

Mari
who has a DH, one cat (who is plenty), and a friendly wave hello for
Ocelot - welcome!

Ocelot

Jul 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/29/00
Just remember, Mari - the fatter you are, the harder is is for
them to toss you off. That's what I tell those little twiggy
chicks, anyway ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

Abbie F.

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
>Subject: Howdy - delurk
>From: Ocelot whtelion...@ix.netcom.com.invalid
>
>Sorry I went bass-ackwards and posted before delurking - the DH
>and I went where there were too many sprog/breeders (the grocery
>store) one time too many last week, and when I found you folk, I
>just got all excited ;).

Hi, Ocelot! It is exciting when you come across a group of people who share
your exact thoughts... especially when those thoughts are so often contradicted
by those you know "IRL." You may have noticed that along with being CF, there
are a lot of horse, dog, and cat lovers here; many vegetarians and many who are
open-minded about personal choices. You'll find a lot to talk about... have
fun!

- Abbie: 2 dogs, 2 cats, red meat avoider who thinks certain religious
factions have gotten way too pushy lately about condemning others' lifestyles,
sometimes a smartass (and sometimes a dumbass.) ;> Always wanted my own horse;
the closest I've come is a Breyer "Misty of Chincoteague" model and riding
other people's ponies... <sigh>

Genevieve

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Hey there and welcome from a fellow Houstonian! Now, where's the chocolate?

Genevieve

Ocelot <whtelion...@ix.netcom.com.invalid> wrote in message

> Sorry I went bass-ackwards and posted before delurking - the DH

> and I went where there were too many sprog/breeders, and when I

> found you folk, I just got all excited ;).
>

> I'm 29, going to South TX College of Law in Houston, I ride
> (hunter-jumper, for those who are interested), I have a DH, 3
> cats, 1 dog, and a horse. I'm also bi,pagan, vegetarian, out-of-
> shape, and think that post-vasectomy sex is truly a gift from
> whatever form of heaven you believe in ;). You might also notice
> I'm a terrible smartass...

John & Mari Morgan

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:05:39 -0700, Ocelot
<whtelion...@ix.netcom.com.invalid> wrote:

>Just remember, Mari - the fatter you are, the harder is is for
>them to toss you off. That's what I tell those little twiggy
>chicks, anyway ;)

On the other hand, gravity makes me land harder when I do take a
slide. *grin*

Mari

Not...@bellsouth.net

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

meb wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> > I saw them at a toy store and they were in the $60 range. I couldn't figure
> > it out.
> >

> Ack!!!! Even the most expensive ones I've seen at tack stores
> are under $45! I can find NIB's (New In Box) Breyers for less
> than $30 on e-bay or through on-line retailers if I'm patient!

I receive several tack/equipment catalogs selling Breyers in the
$25-$35 range.I still have 20 Breyers from the early/mid 60s.Guess it
comes from being a pack-rat.

Abbie F.

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
>Subject: Re: Howdy - delurk
>From: "Rabbit" rab...@hotstar.net
>
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>I'm curious about this. I've seen Bryers in the store, and while they're
>interesting, I didn't find them all that meticulously made. Why on earth are
>they so heart-stoppingly expensive?
>
>Rabbit

They are? Wish I'd kept mine then! We're talking circa 1970s... had both big
and small ones, but don't know where they are now. Probably in some toy box at
a relative's house.

"Empty brains are easier to wash." - Abbie, proud hotelier to Nikki, Jellyroll,
>Teena and Tigger, who aren't nearly as demanding or annoying as babies! ;>

Marie Braden

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
On 01 Aug 2000 04:19:42 GMT, alegres...@aol.comatose (Abbie F.)
wrote:

>>Subject: Re: Howdy - delurk
>>From: "Rabbit" rab...@hotstar.net
>>
>>x-no-archive: yes
>>
>>I'm curious about this. I've seen Bryers in the store, and while they're
>>interesting, I didn't find them all that meticulously made. Why on earth are
>>they so heart-stoppingly expensive?
>>
>>Rabbit
>
>They are? Wish I'd kept mine then! We're talking circa 1970s... had both big
>and small ones, but don't know where they are now. Probably in some toy box at
>a relative's house.

Mine were in the piles of my stuff that my father put out in the
garbage when my mother achieved custody of me...I had a LOVELY Black
Stallion type that was the perfect size for Barbie....
---
Marie Braden
Bitburg, Germany

"Sometimes it's difficult having sympathy with everyone's point of view"
--Wendy Wasserstein

nosprogs

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
From one smartass to another: "Welcome". I see many of your
great posts on Turtle's Rant Page. I think post-tubal sex is
great! I am glad that we found another CF site.

Ocelot

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Ooh, ain't THAT the truth. I am working on side-airbag breeches
even as we speak..

Ocelot

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
I've seen your wonderful posts, too. Happen to see the recent
rant on "Brats" from the Foul-Mouthed Broad? "Sex is as natural
as breastfeeding. I think I'll go fuck in the mall." This is a
great board - we can actually talk to each other..Have a virtual
truffle.

nosprogs

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Mmmmm...thanks for the truffle. I have never "officially" de-
lurked or brought some goodies so here is a wonderful garden
burger. I read that you are vegetarian. I still love my meat
but I am getting a little better. Garden burgers are awesome!

The Foul Mouthed Broad is great. I love that "fuck in the mall"
scenario. Urinating is a natural function yet one can be
arrested for indecent exposure if caught doing it in public.
What a double standard. A breeder sow can expose her tit in
front of everyone under the guise of feeding her crib lizard yet
a person caught taking a leak in some alley or behind a building
can risk getting busted and having a police record.

Ocelot

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
You're welcome - thanks for the veggie burger. Think I'll go in
the fridge and get some ketchup - why look, nosprogs, a prime
rib? Whatever do I do with it? Pass it to you, you say? Okey-
dokey ;)

I once got incredibly drunk and had to pee behind a bush that
wasn't terribly well-concealed or concealing (the DH stood in
front of it and tried not to look too weird). The next week, I
was walking by said bush on my way home from work, and it had
been chopped to the ground. I felt bad for the bush, but
apparently my need to expel offended someone's sensibilities
sooo badly that it had to go. In Capitol Hill, no less, where
any number of people can be seen pissing on any number of
things. Hey, wait!! If I pee on a boobfeeder, think they'll take
it away? (please insert hopeful tone here)