Good touch - bad touch... do the children understand???

Dan Sullivan

Jul 21, 2004, 10:31:42 AM7/21/04
A child usually has the good touch - bad touch concept explained to them by
a person they just met for the first time.

A stranger.

And they're uncomfortable about it and they're confused.

They've been told NOT to talk to strangers.

But here they are...

Alone in a room with a person/stranger talking about something they probably
never thought (let alone spoke) about before.

And usually this person/stranger is poorly trained and has less than
sufficient qualifications in this area.

A person who when they hear the child say that they think someone gave them
a bad
touch will act stunned... shocked... horrified.

And the child sees this.

And the person probably picks up a pen and some paper and starts writing.

More confirmation to the child that it WAS a bad touch.

But what was in the child's mind?

Did they really grasp the good touch - bad touch concept?

Well, what does a little kid know about what's good and what's bad?

Chances are they're going to connect the bad touch with pain.

Pain is bad.

Did they ever feel pain when their father/mother/relative/babysitter touched
them in their private area?

Sure they did!!!

It hurt like the dickens when they had the big red rash down there and
dad/mom/grandsomeone/ the babysitter cleaned them up and put the ointment on
it.

It made them cry.

That HAD to be a BAD touch.

But all the adult did was what almost every kid in the world has had done to
them.

The adult cleaned up an area of rash and put an ointment on it.

And now CPS has documented because of what the child said that the child
received a "bad touch" from the adult.

Don't think it doesn't happen... and happen a lot!

CPS made a determination (later reversed on appeal) that I molested my three
year old daughter because she told the caseworker "My daddy touched me with
the puppet bear in the toilet."

This statement was used by the caseworker and her supervisor as the
"credible evidence" for their determination.

This was documented in my caserecord.

The next sentence in the caserecord was "we didn't know what she (my
daughter) was trying to say.

In my challenge to their determination (appeal) I simply wrote "how can CPS
claim that what my daughter said was credible when the caseworker admits she
didn't understand what my daughter said?"

The appeal didn't even go to a Judge... CPS reversed the determination
themselves.

The caseworker resigned from government service three days after I received
a copy of my caserecord.

Best, Dan

Fern5827

Jul 21, 2004, 11:42:59 AM7/21/04
>A child usually has the good touch - bad touch concept explained to them by
>a person they just met for the first time.

These programs are funded by states, often. Often done in nursery schools,
Preschool and Day Care.

>Alone in a room with a person/stranger talking about something they probably
>never thought (let alone spoke) about before.

What you have pointed out is the gaps in childrens' developmental readiness
before age 4.

However, in the case of the fosters in Maine allegedly sexually molested by
foster, they had attained the age of 5 or over.

>The caseworker resigned from government service three days after I received
>a copy of my caserecord.

Obviously, had case worker had ANY familiarity with child development, the
accusation lodged against you would have been questioned.

Memories in Preschool children are difficult to tease out, because they do not
have the mental maturity to understand what they are saying.

Even if they have the vocabulary.

As I have stated, the incidence of child sexual abuse is way down, as being
substantiated.

Anyone who would seriously think that a child under the age of 4 can appreciate
what he is saying is a fool.

And false accusations of CSA are reprehensible.

The cw should resign. Since you resided in NY, I believe, and since there are
numerous SW programs in the state and in the area, is it possible that this
caseworker held an advanced degree?

Did you ever receive an apology?

Dan wrote about his ordeal in LI, NY:

>Subject: Good touch - bad touch... do the children understand???
>From: "Dan Sullivan" dsul...@optonline.net
>Date: 7/21/2004 10:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Dan Sullivan

Jul 21, 2004, 11:59:24 AM7/21/04

"Fern5827" <fern...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >A child usually has the good touch - bad touch concept explained to them
by
> >a person they just met for the first time.
>
> These programs are funded by states, often. Often done in nursery schools,
> Preschool and Day Care.

I was referring to the intake/interview by a CPS caseworker.

My CW interviewed my daughter in March of 1993... prior to any allegation of
molestation being made.

I had unsupervised visitation for six months before I was taken to Family
Court on the SA/ neglect petition in September of 1993.

It took three appointments (programming sessions) before my daughter said

"My daddy touched me with the puppet bear in the toilet."

The Fam Ct Judge threw the charges out of Court.

CPS founded me anyway.

It took a year to get their finding reversed.

She went back to her previous job.

Working in the garment industry in Manhattan.

15 or more unpaid hours a week commuting on the Long Island Railroad.

I can't tell you how bad I feel.

> Did you ever receive an apology?

Dan

Mrs. Griffinth

Jul 21, 2004, 2:33:09 PM7/21/04

"Dan Sullivan" <dsul...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Class Who is Lying here? Yes, it is the Puppet Bear Dan Sullivan?

Mrs. Grif.