Noah's New Friend

Mark Probert

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
I may have mentioned that we spend a lot of time on our boat during the summer.
Well. Noah has made a new friend. He calls him Harry.

We first met Harry about two weeks ago, approximately eight miles south of
Shinnecock Inlet off of Long Island. Harry came up alongside the boat while I
was idling and playing mucic on the speakers. . (BTW, it was Britney Spears,
Noah's choice. Noah will be 12 on Tuesday and appreciates girls.)

He sort of just surfaced and parked his head near the stern, and quietly stayed
there listening to music and Noah singing

We were back to the same location several times since then. Sure enough, as
soon as I stopped the engines and put on the CD, Harry showed up.

The first day we just watched Harry, and Noah talked to him. Noah read a
magazine article about Britney to him.

Yesterday, a warm sunny day, we returned to the same location. Right on cue,
Harry shows up. Noah begins talking to him, and Harry stiks his snout out of
the water for Noah to rub.

Stupid me left the camcorder home.

BTW, Harry is a humpback whale, around 40 feet long and around five tons. The
next warm day, Noah gets his wetsuit on and we are going to visit Harry.

(Long Island has an unusual number of whales this summer. Business is booming
for the whale watching rides.
http://www.newsday.com/coverage/current/news/saturday/nd5508.htm)

Mark Probert

A vote for Pat Buchanan is a vote for America's First Fuhrer!

MBryt1

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Very cool friend to have - something that is unique and worth sharing at school
for sure! Happy Birthday to Noah - Jacob just celebrated his 12th this week
and is playing his much awaited N64!

Mary - wife, mother, stamper, scrapper...
now Close To My Heart consultant - stampin' and scrappin' is my passion!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Loved it once, gonna do it again!
Euromed (Poland/Adeli Suit) bound - November 2000!!

Mark Probert

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
In article <20000806191555...@ng-md1.aol.com>, mbr...@aol.com
(MBryt1) writes:

>Very cool friend to have - something that is unique and worth sharing at
>school
>for sure! Happy Birthday to Noah - Jacob just celebrated his 12th this week
>and is playing his much awaited N64!

That's what we got Noah. Happy Birthday to Jacob.

schol...@mindspring.com

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
Happy Birthday Jacob!!

Tracy and David

MBryt1 <mbr...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Very cool friend to have - something that is unique and worth sharing at
school
> for sure! Happy Birthday to Noah - Jacob just celebrated his 12th this
week
> and is playing his much awaited N64!

schol...@mindspring.com

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
Can we come play too!?!?!?!?!?!
Tracy

Mark Probert <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message

Mark Probert

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
In article <8mmd11$a8p$1...@slb7.atl.mindspring.net>,

<schol...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Can we come play too!?!?!?!?!?!

The Atlantic is a big place...

--
Mark Probert
Children can be cruel...unless adults teach them to be kind.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MBryt1

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
>Happy Birthday Jacob!!
>
>Tracy and David

Thank you very much. He had a great one!!!

DBryant26

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Animals always hang out with the coolest people! Zach has made friends with
several chimpanzees at the Baltimore Zoo. They seem to gravitate to him!

BTW, Zach is also a big Britney Spears fan. His birthday was July 20 (8 years
old, where does the time go?!) and he got the "Oops" CD and hasn't yet stopped
playing it!

Happy birthday to Noah!

Dani

Cartoon Character