Lilly Says New ADHD Drug Effective

1 view

Mark Probert

May 24, 2002, 8:34:24 AM5/24/02
Lilly Says New ADHD Drug Effective
Wed May 22,12:08 PM ET
By Jed Seltzer

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Drugmaker Eli Lilly and Co. on Wednesday said that
late-stage tests of its experimental treatment for attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) showed it to be as effective as standard
therapies, with fewer troublesome safety risks.

The drug, called atomoxetine, may offer an alternative to current medicines,
such as Novartis AG's Ritalin (news - web sites), which have been associated
with overstimulation and the potential for abuse.

Data on the drug, gathered from trials of children and adults were presented
at a meeting of the American Psychiatric Association in Philadelphia. Both
trials showed the drug was significantly more effective than a placebo in
reducing symptoms of ADHD -- such as inability to sustain attention,
restlessness, and impulsiveness.

The results put atomoxetine's results on par with Ritalin and other
medicines.

"The children's trial looked at those traditional issues of attention
deficit hyperactivity disorder and showed efficacy that put it as a logical
and equal alternative with any existing treatment," said Dr. Calvin Sumner,
a researcher with Lilly.

Among children ages 6 to 11, the drug showed on average a 13.3-point
reduction on a common scale of symptoms, compared with about a 4.7-point
reduction with placebo, Lilly said. In children ages 12 to 18, the drug
demonstrated on average a 13.3-point reduction on the scale, compared with
about a 6.9-point reduction with placebo. The results represented a
statistically significant difference, Sumner said.

"In addition, it shows the potential of benefit toward a broader range of
symptoms, and there has been no evidence to show that it has abuse
potential," Sumner added.

RECREATIONAL FEARS

Critics of ADHD drugs say some children taking Ritalin have been
misdiagnosed and do not really need to take medicine, which can cause
excessive stimulation, or that some kids even abuse Ritalin by taking it for
recreational purposes.

Unlike methylphenidate, the main chemical in Ritalin and Johnson & Johnson's
Concerta, atomoxetine is not a stimulant. The experimental drug, which will
be known by the brand name "Strattera," works by maximizing the amount of
the messenger chemical norepinephrine in the brain.

The drug could fetch annual sales of about $600 million by 2005, according
to SG Cowen. Lilly submitted atomoxetine to the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration (news - web sites) last October for marketing approval.

The drug also significantly reduced ADHD symptoms in adults, an
often-overlooked demographic of attention deficit patients, according to Dr.
Leonard Adler, the director of the neurology ADHD program at New York
University and an investigator in Lilly's adult atomoxetine trial.

Atomoxetine is part of Indianapolis-based Lilly's large pipeline of
experimental treatments. Wall Street is banking on that slate of new drugs
to help Lilly compensate for last year's loss of patent protection over
anti-depressant Prozac, once Lilly's flagship medicine, and drive profits
higher.

Patients taking the new drug may be able to take it once a day and not
consult a doctor before each prescription refill -- additional advantages
that Lilly can boast when marketing atomoxetine, said Banc of America
Securities analyst Len Yaffe.

In earlier clinical trials, atomoxetine compared well with methylphenidate.
Although Lilly has not conducted head-to-head studies, previous tests of
atomoxetine included a small group of patients treated with methylphenidate
.

"The drug showed good efficacy, a better side effect profile, and it's
possibly a 'nonscheduled' drug, which is critical because then you don't
have issues with refills and not being able to call in prescriptions," Yaffe
said.

"The rate of insomnia was comparable to placebo, whereas methylphenidate was
about three times the placebo rate. Methylphenidate also had a high
incidence of dizziness," Yaffe added.

The trials showed an increased loss of appetite for some patients on
atomoxetine -- a side effect also observed with stimulant drugs such as
methylphenidate.

Mathew

May 24, 2002, 8:57:23 AM5/24/02
In article <aclbvm$qm610$1...@ID-78438.news.dfncis.de>, "Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Lilly Says

>Among children ages 6 to 11,
>

>Unlike methylphenidate, the main chemical in Ritalin and Johnson & Johnson's
>Concerta, atomoxetine is not a stimulant

at last an admission Ritalin IS a stimulant for children after all those
denials

>The drug could fetch annual sales of about $600 million by 2005, according
>to SG Cowen.

these poor kids sure spin off the $$$

>Atomoxetine is part of Indianapolis-based Lilly's large pipeline of
>experimental treatments. Wall Street is banking on that slate of new drugs
>to help Lilly compensate for last year's loss of patent protection over
>anti-depressant Prozac, once Lilly's flagship medicine, and drive profits
>higher.

Well if Wall Street is banking on it I guess we will just just push it down
the six year olds throats!

>it's
>possibly a 'nonscheduled' drug, which is critical because then you don't
>have issues with refills and not being able to call in prescriptions," Yaffe
>said.

no need to involve doctors or examinations thern. Just pour it down kids
throats at will

just disgusting to have children sacrificed on the altar of corporate greed

Joe Parsons

May 24, 2002, 10:43:00 AM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 12:57:23 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

>In article <aclbvm$qm610$1...@ID-78438.news.dfncis.de>, "Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Lilly Says
>
>>Among children ages 6 to 11,
>>
>>Unlike methylphenidate, the main chemical in Ritalin and Johnson & Johnson's
>>Concerta, atomoxetine is not a stimulant
>
>at last an admission Ritalin IS a stimulant for children after all those
>denials

Please find even one denial from any knowledgeable person in ASAD.

A hint: if you have something more important to do, like collecting your navel
lint or trimming your toenails, you might want to take care of that first.

[snip]

>just disgusting to have children sacrificed on the altar of corporate greed

Sure...let's just let people with medical conditions that degrade their quality
of life suffer, rather than treating them with well-proven protocols.

Joe Parsons

Streaming Multimedia production and delivery--served with a SMILe
http://www.yankeemedia.net

Mathew

May 24, 2002, 12:47:36 PM5/24/02

Cornholio wrote:

> >... Ritalin/children ... What if giving them a stimulant medication would
have
> >decreased their hyperactivity-impulsivity?
>
> I'm kind of interested to hear the answer on this one also.
>
> Giving a hyper person a stimulant doesn't sound like such a great idea.

Is cornball the troll back??

Gimme a break.

Please note this is crossposted and don't bother trying to answer this
cornhead. These questions are not serious.
that will suffice for the kind of abusive crap you people dish out to anyone
who suggests Ritalin or concerta is a bad idea and damages children

now the manufacturers themselves are starting to counteract your dangerous
lies and disinformation!
.
http://groups.google.
com/groups?
hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=ritalin+not+stimulant&btnG=Google+Search&meta=grou
p%3Dalt.support.attn-deficit.*

its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not stimulant and
you will find hundreds of such denials including your damage limitation
exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite safe to give infants.

>A hint: if you have something more important to do, like collecting your navel
>lint or trimming your toenails, you might want to take care of that first.
>
>[snip]

of course you carry on in the same abusive insulting tone as if that
countered the evidence in some way.

>>just disgusting to have children sacrificed on the altar of corporate greed
>
>Sure...let's just let people with medical conditions that degrade their quality
>of life suffer, rather than treating them with well-proven protocols.

that its a "medical condition " begs the question. One of the advantages of
the new poison seems to be the abilty to remove doctors from the equation.
Still its pretty established you are immune to facts and evidence.

here you are justifying the drugging of two year olds!

From: Joe Parsons (j...@cyber-mall.com)
Subject: Re: other alternatives to adhd/add??
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative, alt.support.attn-deficit
Date: 2000/06/22

*****As I already said, they found THE INCREASE in prescribing stimulant and
>anti-depressant to kids under the age of five "disturbing", because these
>drugs are not OK'd for anyone under the age of 6 and the study was involving
>children between the ages of 2 and 4.

Cheryl, I'm guessing you read only the USA Today article, and not the JAMA
report itself. Am I right?

A couple of things you ought to keep in mind: one is that relying on the
popular
press (especially one like "USA Today") is not a good way to be sure of facts.

LOL
listening to you sure as hell isnt

Joe Parsons

May 24, 2002, 1:04:58 PM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

[snip]

>its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not stimulant and
>you will find hundreds of such denials including your damage limitation
>exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite safe to give infants.

And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide a
post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you say.

Shoo. Back under the bridge with you.

Joe Parsons

And that's just one more datapoint confirming the hypothesis that there are no
worthwile posts coming from Altopia...

dark angel

May 24, 2002, 2:07:50 PM5/24/02
In article <aclqts$al9$0...@pita.alt.net>, sp...@nospam.com says...

> In article <73kseu05apg5nn2ja...@4ax.com>, j...@yankeemedia.net wrote:
> >On Fri, 24 May 2002 12:57:23 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

the new poison seems to be the abilty to remove doctors from the

Think well on this Mr Parsons

Matthew 18: 5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name
welcomes me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe
in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung
around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. (NIV)

Mark 9: 42"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in
me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a
large millstone tied around his neck. (NIV)

Luke 17:1Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin
are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. 2It
would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied
around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.
(NIV)

Ian

May 24, 2002, 2:21:46 PM5/24/02

"Joe Parsons" <j...@yankeemedia.net>, aka P. Parrot wrote:

> And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide
> post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you
say.

Setting follow-ups elsewhere? Seemed you called someone else a troll for
doing this.
You have set up the impossible, with a "knowledgable" persen in ASAD in all.

Cher

May 24, 2002, 4:06:22 PM5/24/02

"Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark, do they ever do comparison with the new drugs to the ones presently
being used? I'd be curious to know the differences in the reduction of
ADHD symptoms between this new drug and one like Ritalin. In other words,
does "new" mean better?
Cheryl

Elizabeth

May 24, 2002, 4:36:38 PM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) typed:

> http://groups.google.
> com/groups?
> hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=ritalin+not+stimulant&btnG=Google+Search&
> meta=grou p%3Dalt.support.attn-deficit.*

> its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not
> stimulant and you will find hundreds of such denials including your
> damage limitation exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite
> safe to give infants.

Well, *I* know its a stimulant. I don't need to do a search. It's
stated that it's a stimulant. Everyone knows it's a stimulant. No one
who's read the material can deny that it's a stimulant.

*No one* who's read the material would say it's safe for infants.
*aspirin* isn't safe for infants. There isn't much that's safe for
infants. Even freshly washed clothes may bother some infants.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. That people are
denying it's a stimulant? hm....

----
-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
P+++>++++c-->*P6 >?R >++M+>++O++MA+E PU BD++C++D++S++X WP MO PP
n+CO?PO-o+G+A-OLC+OLCC+OLJ+OLP--OLR--OL CO--OLS--OLL--OLA--Ee
Ev-Eon+Eot!Eob Eoa!uL++>+++uB!uS!uH!uo!w---m!osA!osBE!
------END PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK------
elizabeth at psy dox dot com

Elizabeth

May 24, 2002, 4:39:25 PM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 12:57:23 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) typed:

> >it's
> >possibly a 'nonscheduled' drug, which is critical because then you
> >don't have issues with refills and not being able to call in
> >prescriptions," Yaffe said.
>
> no need to involve doctors or examinations thern. Just pour it down
> kids throats at will

No. It's a prescription drug. It will require a prescription. The
difference between scheduled and non-scheduled in schedule medications
require a prescription for *each-andevery* bottle. Non-schedule allows
a certain amount of refills. ie: I must get a prescription for each
fill of adderall. However, my Celexa, I have 3 refills. I must go to
the doctor to make sure that everythings getting hunky dory.

That's how it works for *every* drug. Even pain killers and such.

Mark Probert

May 24, 2002, 5:47:32 PM5/24/02

"Cher" <crge...@i-55.com> wrote in message

Sometimes, yes. It does eliminate the stigma that the anti-med morons like
to lay on people. If it eliminates the need for monthly prescriptions, that
does mean BETTER.

As for head to head tests, the article said:

"In earlier clinical trials, atomoxetine compared well with methylphenidate.
Although Lilly has not conducted head-to-head studies, previous tests of
atomoxetine included a small group of patients treated with
methylphenidate."

They do conduct these tests, but that is down the road.

The rest of the article does say 'better' AFAIAC.

Mark D. Morin

May 24, 2002, 7:32:30 PM5/24/02
Mathew wrote:

> In article <aclbvm$qm610$1...@ID-78438.news.dfncis.de>, "Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Lilly Says
>
> >Among children ages 6 to 11,
> >
> >Unlike methylphenidate, the main chemical in Ritalin and Johnson & Johnson's
> >Concerta, atomoxetine is not a stimulant
>
> at last an admission Ritalin IS a stimulant for children after all those
> denials

huh?

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh. "Well, it's when people call out
at you just as you're going off to do it, `What are you going to do,
Christopher Robin?' and you say, `Oh, nothing' and then you go and do
it. It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't
hear, and not bothering."

http://home.gwi.net/~mdmpsyd/index.htm
remove peterhood69 for mail

MaryGary

May 24, 2002, 7:39:03 PM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:04:58 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not stimulant and
>>you will find hundreds of such denials including your damage limitation
>>exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite safe to give infants.
>
>And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide a
>post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you say.

And who in your opinion qualifies as a knowledgeable person on ASAD?

I have untreated ADD and posted questions on ASAD about ADD and its
treatment two weeks ago.

I stopped posting when no knowledgeable replies weree posted, except
by Mark Morin, and Mark was attacked by you and your band of
ignoramuses for having posted replies.

Mark stopped posting then, and since he did, I seen nothing posted
here reflects factual knowledge.

Just the lies, myths, half truths, mistatement of facts junkies
everywhere wrap themselves in to deny the truth of their addiction,
and the usual sneering and jeering junkies everywhere engage in toward
non- junkies.

Like designating all non-junkies as trolls.

(By the real trolls like you who post posts with Folluwups to
alt.usenet.kooks)

Joe Parsons

May 24, 2002, 9:06:37 PM5/24/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 23:39:03 GMT, Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:04:58 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not stimulant and
>>>you will find hundreds of such denials including your damage limitation
>>>exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite safe to give infants.
>>
>>And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide a
>>post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you say.
>
>And who in your opinion qualifies as a knowledgeable person on ASAD?
>
>I have untreated ADD and posted questions on ASAD about ADD and its
>treatment two weeks ago.

I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.

Joe Parsons

MaryGary

May 24, 2002, 10:36:12 PM5/24/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 01:06:37 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 23:39:03 GMT, Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:04:58 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:
>>>
>>>[snip]

>>>And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide a
>>>post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you say.
>>
>>And who in your opinion qualifies as a knowledgeable person on ASAD?
>>
>>I have untreated ADD and posted questions on ASAD about ADD and its
>>treatment two weeks ago.
>
>I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
>Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.

You didn't answer the question as to who these socalled knowledgable
ASAD posters are.

Excepting Mark M, all I see are posts by poeple whose sole goal is to
appear clever without ever actually saying anything. .

And, the marjority of Mark M posts have become tongue in cheek,
because over the years even Mark has conformed to satisfy the only
requirement necessary to be accepted here, appearing clever at
others expense.

You didnt answer the question because you know as well as I do, there
are no knowledgeable posters to ASAD who are actually willing to post
posts which are knowledgeable rather than " clever", because YOU and
your band of ignoramuses attack anyone who ever attempts to.

Joe Parsons

May 24, 2002, 10:48:45 PM5/24/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 02:36:12 GMT, Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote:

>On Sat, 25 May 2002 01:06:37 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 24 May 2002 23:39:03 GMT, Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote:

>>>And who in your opinion qualifies as a knowledgeable person on ASAD?
>>>
>>>I have untreated ADD and posted questions on ASAD about ADD and its
>>>treatment two weeks ago.
>>
>>I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
>>Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.
>
>You didn't answer the question as to who these socalled knowledgable
>ASAD posters are.

You're so cute when you're indignant.

What did you say your name was, again?

>Excepting Mark M, all I see are posts by poeple whose sole goal is to
>appear clever without ever actually saying anything. .

That's what you get for being so superficial in your reading. Either that, or
you should learn to read for comprehension.

The original post claimed that many people had denied that Ritalin is a
stimulant. I replied, asking that person--who may well have been you, since you
seem so change aliases more often than you change your underwear--to provide a
post where anyone even remotely credible had claimed such a thing.
Unsurprisingly, the answer was non-responsive.

Wonder why no one--and I mean *no one* takes you seriously? You're just another
Altopia datapoint.

MaryGary

May 24, 2002, 11:44:26 PM5/24/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 02:48:45 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 May 2002 02:36:12 GMT, Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 May 2002 01:06:37 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
>>wrote:

>>>I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
>>>Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.
>>
>>You didn't answer the question as to who these socalled knowledgable
>>ASAD posters are.
>
>You're so cute when you're indignant.
>
>What did you say your name was, again?
>

>.

>>Excepting Mark M, all I see are posts by poeple whose sole goal is to
>>appear clever without ever actually saying anything. .
>
>That's what you get for being so superficial in your reading. Either that, or
>you should learn to read for comprehension.
>
>The original post claimed that many people had denied that Ritalin is a
>stimulant. I replied, asking that person--who may well have been you, since you
>seem so change aliases more often than you change your underwear--to provide a
>post where anyone even remotely credible had claimed such a thing.
>Unsurprisingly, the answer was non-responsive.

Unsurprisingly? <g>

Your post contained a followup directing any replies to your post to
a non-existing ng so its hardly surprising replies have gone astray,
as you intended.

Admit the truth, you are not interested in the substance of the
issue. Just in posting posts to showcase your imagined cleverness, and
advancing your grandiose delusion you are in charge of an UNMODERATED
public forum.

>Wonder why no one--and I mean *no one* takes you seriously? You're just another
>Altopia datapoint.

Despite this grandiose delusion of yours that you are a Universal
Spokesman, you are not.

In fact your reputation is sordid. .

You have certainly lived up to it, posting above untrue BS and hurling
an awful lot of insults to someone who merely asked the question 'Who
exactly are these socalled knowledgeable ASAD posters?".

While not answering the question.

Why? Because there are NO knowledgeable or credible ASAD posters?

Joe Parsons

May 25, 2002, 12:00:39 AM5/25/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 02:51:14 GMT, Tom Rogers <t...@timetech.com> wrote:

>Elizabeth <eliz...@see.sig> wrote in

>> Well, *I* know its a stimulant. I don't need to do a search. It's
>> stated that it's a stimulant. Everyone knows it's a stimulant. No one
>> who's read the material can deny that it's a stimulant.
>>

>*************

>> I don't understand what you're trying to say here. That people are
>> denying it's a stimulant? hm....
>>

>Well, actually, yes. (Denying it's a stimulant, that is.)
>
>If you mean that Ritalin is a stimulant in the drug chemistry sense, then
>no one can deny that's what it is. This is, of course, the only legal
>definition for use in the FDA approved package inserts.

Methylphenidate is a stimulant because it speeds up certain biological
functions. More specifically, it enhances the utilization of the
neurotransmitter, dopamine (and to a *much* lesser extent, serotonin) by
"inhibiting the reuptake."

[snip]

>In other words, I am saying that I don't consider Ritalin a stimulant in
>that classical sense, which implies a first order effect.

That's fine--but your personal conception of this drug has no effect on its
actual effect or mechanism of action.

>I'm not sure that
>any of the serotonin moderating drugs similar to Ritalin

Please see above. I think you have confused methylphenidate (Ritalin®) with one
of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) like Prozac or Effexor.

[snip]

>Thus, the contrary effect. I can take Ritalin and sleep like a baby, and I
>know dozens of people that have the same experience. I know even more

This doesn't alter the fact that methylphenidate is a CNS stimulant. Nicotine
is, too--and many smokers "sleep like a baby" after their last cigarette of the
night. There once was a term, "paradoxical calming effect" that was used to
refer to the fact that hyperactive children would become "calmer" when receiving
a stimulant. More is understood now about the portions of the brain that are
actually underactive in the ADHD person, and which benefit from being
"stimulated." Those parts of the forebrain (please correct me if I'm wrong,
Mark Morin) that affect impulsivity and motor control are the ones most affected
by having more dopamine available.

Joe Parsons

May 25, 2002, 12:06:45 AM5/25/02

The newsgroup to which I redirected followups is quite real. If *you* can't get
it, perhaps you should contact the noble fellows at Altopia, or else learn how
to operate your newsreader. It's not all that difficult.

>Admit the truth, you are not interested in the substance of the
>issue.

I'm not particularly interested in trying to engage in a discussion of any sort
of substance with you or those of your ilk, frankly. You have yet to indicate
the slightest scintilla of good faith.

[snip]

>>Wonder why no one--and I mean *no one* takes you seriously? You're just another
>>Altopia datapoint.
>
>Despite this grandiose delusion of yours that you are a Universal
>Spokesman, you are not.

Fine. Let's see who comes rushing to your defense. (Now watch: we'll see a
whole slew of sockpuppets, all posting through Altopia, and all (what a
coincidence!) using the same newsreader)

Vashti

May 25, 2002, 12:30:25 AM5/25/02
Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote in message

> Please see above. I think you have confused methylphenidate
> (Ritalin©) with one of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
> (SSRI) like Prozac or Effexor.

That *would* be confusing, since Effexor isn't an SSRI...sorry: I
couldn't resist!:¬p

While we're on the subject of meds, does anyone have any thoughts
regarding the use of reboxetine(a selective norepinephrine reuptake
inhibitor) in the treatment of ADHD?

I'm looking into meds available in the Netherlands because I'd like to
know what my options are before I agree to try Imipramine. At the
moment it seems the options are:
-Ritalin
-Dextroamphetamine(sp?)
-Buproprion
-Imipramine

It would be nice if that list of options could grow longer...

Vashti

MaryGary

May 25, 2002, 1:46:32 AM5/25/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 04:06:45 GMT, Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
wrote:

The point isn't how many servers carry the bizarre ng you had replies
to your post directed via use of a followup.

The point is you posted a post with a followup directing replies to
your post to a bizarre ng then had the gall to post how no one replied
to your bs post.

>>Admit the truth, you are not interested in the substance of the
>>issue.
>
>I'm not particularly interested in trying to engage in a discussion of any sort
>of substance with you or those of your ilk, frankly. You have yet to indicate
>the slightest scintilla of good faith.
>
>[snip]
>
>>>Wonder why no one--and I mean *no one* takes you seriously? You're just another
>>>Altopia datapoint.
>>
>>Despite this grandiose delusion of yours that you are a Universal
>>Spokesman, you are not.
>
>Fine. Let's see who comes rushing to your defense. (Now watch: we'll see a
>whole slew of sockpuppets, all posting through Altopia, and all (what a
>coincidence!) using the same newsreader)

So, more untrue BS, and more uncalled insults, but still NO answer
to the question as to who the socalled knowledgeable ASAD posters are
who you referred to in your post.

Classic Parsons BS!

MaryGary

May 25, 2002, 2:10:45 AM5/25/02

I am surprised your list doesn't include desprimine.

It is the number uno "AD" prescribed by all the neurologists and
neuropsychiatrists I know for people who suffer neurological
conditions such as ADHD, TS and OCD

(Wellbutrin is second)

Vashti

May 25, 2002, 2:35:12 AM5/25/02
Mary...@nospam.com (MaryGary) wrote in message news:3cef2721.4249287
@news.alt.net:

> I am surprised your list doesn't include desprimine.

It's not listed as a primary med here in .nl but it is closely
related to Imipramine. It probably would be used instead of
Imipramine in some cases.

> It is the number uno "AD" prescribed by all the neurologists and
> neuropsychiatrists I know for people who suffer neurological
> conditions such as ADHD, TS and OCD

I think I'm lucky to have seen a Dr/therapist for ADHD here, and
especially so to have actually had a glimpse of a Pdoc. ADHD is still
mostly considered a children's disorder here.

> (Wellbutrin is second)

Wellbutrin...that's the one used as an aid to stop smoking, isn't it?
Here in the Netherlands that's all that it's licensed for.

The "official" list does include TCA's and anti-psychotics in
general, but those are more usually associated with treatment of
comorbid disorders.

Vashti

Mathew

May 25, 2002, 4:12:44 AM5/25/02
In article <d03ueu8c80vgu8ut3...@4ax.com>, j...@yankeemedia.net wrote:
rsons <j...@yankeemedia.net>
> [...]

typical personal abuse from this perverted liar

>>>You're so cute when you're indignant.
>>>
>>>What did you say your name was, again?

Do NOT give this person your personal details, email or credit card numbers.!

>I'm not particularly interested in trying to engage in a discussion of any sort
>of substance with you or those of your ilk, frankly. You have yet to indicate
>the slightest scintilla of good faith.
>
>[snip]
>
>>>Wonder why no one--and I mean *no one* takes you seriously? You're just
> another
>>>Altopia datapoint.
>>
>>Despite this grandiose delusion of yours that you are a Universal
>>Spokesman, you are not.
>
>Fine. Let's see who comes rushing to your defense. (Now watch: we'll see a
>whole slew of sockpuppets, all posting through Altopia, and all (what a
>coincidence!) using the same newsreader)

no defense needed your vileness and true concerns are well known.

PHONE SEX--THE FAQ

From the Internet alt.sex newsgroup

Last Update: 12/13/94

This FAQ is posted and administered by Joe Parsons

Once
you say, for example, "I'd like to lick your pussy," or "I'm
sitting here with my hard dick in my hand," you've hopefully
opened the door, so to speak. The girl on the other end of the
line at that point should get quite graphic. If she doesn't,

And (though it may seem a bit tacky for me to mention it) it's a
good idea to have a box of tissues close at hand.

tacky doesnt begin to cover your pimping

Mathew

May 25, 2002, 4:20:20 AM5/25/02

yep and then he pretends no one replies. What a pompous fraud.
Thanks for pointing out his filthy tricks.

In article <ncsseu461libibp27...@4ax.com>, j...@yankeemedia.net
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:47:36 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>its too easy. Just do a search of asad with words" ritalin" not stimulant
and
>>you will find hundreds of such denials including your damage limitation
>>exercises that its maybe a mild stimulant but quite safe to give infants.
>

>And yet I notice that as "easy" as it is, you haven't been able to provide a
>post from a knowledgable person in ASAD who has ever suggested what you say.

"knowledgeable" LOL

you love your question begging

this woman you are trying to brainwash out of her natural horror at the
addiction of her child and who looks for alternate methods seems quite
knowledgeable to me
You are a pornographer not a doctor or scientist.

From: Dr. Richard X. Frager (nare...@aracnet.com)
Subject: Re: herbal solutions work!
Newsgroups: alt.support.attn-deficit
View this article only
Date: 1996/07/05

ao...@knet.flemingc.on.ca (Anne Ost) wrote:

> I noticed after my daughter had been on ritalin that we weren't giving
>her the doses on the weekend, after 3 months she became so uncontrollable.
***That is really, really scary!

>She has never been a problem. I started to recognise the symptoms of
>addiction. To my horror!
**An A+ for you for being a great and compassionate Mother! Also, an
inspiration to the community.

>. I wean her off rather than have her suffer
>the symptoms of withdrawl. I must say it is working rather well.
**That was an excellent story about someone taking control over their
families health-care. I hope to hear how your daughter and the rest
of your family are doing, sometime in the near future! Take care and we
appreciate that sound advice!Message 2 in thread
From: Kevin D. Quitt (k...@emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov)
Newsgroups: alt.support.attn-deficit
View this article only
Date: 1996/07/11

Kevin D. Quitt (k...@emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov) wrote:
: On 5 Jul 1996 17:27:31 GMT, "Dr. Richard X. Frager" <nare...@aracnet.com>
: wrote:
: >>She has never been a problem. I started to recognise the symptoms of
: >>addiction. To my horror!
: >**An A+ for you for being a great and compassionate Mother! Also, an
: >inspiration to the community.
:
: And an F- for your ignorance about recognizing addiction. Addiction is a
: physical process, and not one Ritalin is involved in.

Silly Rabbit... Ritalin is a cns stimulant...methylphenidate HCI It is an
amphetamine congener... use with caution for people with drug dependance
or any addictive historical behaviours. It tends to become a psychic as
well as physical dependancy. Careful supervision is required during drug
withdrawl since severe depression and effects of chronic overactivity can
be unmasked.
Here are some side effects that one taking Ritalin may find.

Nervousness or insomnia, hypersensitivity reactions, anorexia, nausea,
dizziness, palpitations, headache, dyskinesia, (haven't got my tabors
handy sorry) drowsiness, skin rash, ..
rarly blood pressure and pulse rate changes up and down. tachycardia (fast
pulse) in children more than adults. A few instances of angina and
cardiac arrhythmia have occurred. Abdominal pain an dweight loss during
prolonged therapy have been reported and may occur more frequently than
children. [this is from the Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and
specialties} Doctors drug book.

And you still think its not addictive? hahahaha yeah right...

Hugs

Annie

--
"Man belongs to the planet, the planet * A. Ost
does not belong to man" Ancient Mohawk * ao...@knet.flemingc.on.ca

Message 4 in thread
From: Joe Parsons (j...@cyber-mall.com)
Newsgroups: alt.support.attn-deficit
View this article only
Date: 1996/07/15

Uh, Annie?

On 15 Jul 1996 02:29:42 GMT, ao...@knet.flemingc.on.ca (Anne Ost)
wrote:

[snip]

>Silly Rabbit... Ritalin is a cns stimulant...methylphenidate HCI It is an
>amphetamine congener... use with caution for people with drug dependance
>or any addictive historical behaviours. It tends to become a psychic as
>well as physical dependancy. Careful supervision is required during drug
>withdrawl since severe depression and effects of chronic overactivity can
>be unmasked.
>Here are some side effects that one taking Ritalin may find.
>
>Nervousness or insomnia, hypersensitivity reactions, anorexia, nausea,
>dizziness, palpitations, headache, dyskinesia, (haven't got my tabors
>handy sorry) drowsiness, skin rash, ..
>rarly blood pressure and pulse rate changes up and down. tachycardia (fast
>pulse) in children more than adults. A few instances of angina and
>cardiac arrhythmia have occurred. Abdominal pain an dweight loss during
>prolonged therapy have been reported and may occur more frequently than
>children. [this is from the Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and
>specialties} Doctors drug book.
>
>And you still think its not addictive? hahahaha yeah right...

The paraphrase of the PDR is just fine; but where in all those
dire warnings is there *anything* that indicates addictive
properties?

The fact that MPH is a central nervous system stimulant (the term
"cns stimulant" is redundant, by the way: Central Nervous System
Stimulant stimulant? :) ) does NOT NOT NOT make it automatically
addictive.

MPH has been demonstrated NOT to be addictive in theraputic doses.

This does not mean that methylphenidate is the be-all and end-all
in dealing with ADD/ADHD; some people do experience the infamous
"Ritalin rebound" effect, where symptoms are actually exacerbated
as the drug begins to wear off. It is out of the blood stream in
a matter of hours, however, so those effects are not long-lived.

For some people, MPH may not alleviate the symptoms in *any*
dosage. For others, side effects such as "edginess" or facial
tics may be intolerable. In such cases, there are other
alternatives.

What's happening here, Annie, is that you trying to are "demonize"
methylphenidate, assuming that it is *automatically* the wrong
approach. It is true that "natural alternatives" are met here
with a certain hostility, but this is because the overwhelming
majority of the postings promoting them are either sales pitches
from people who have no interest in ADD/ADHD beyond a financial
motive (the MLM hucksters), or people with some other agenda
(trolls, Trooks(tm) and the anti-aspartame crowd among them).

The problem is that no one seems to be willing to offer any sort
of meaningful documentation or substantiation for the claims that
are made.

Joe Parsons

>Shoo. Back under the bridge with you.

Sure a troll is someone who objects to your grandiose and
dangerous disinformation huh? NOT!

when the drug inserts and manufacturers flatly contradict you it gets way past

a joke in a public forum

>Joe Parsons
>
>And that's just one more datapoint confirming the hypothesis that there are
no
>worthwile posts coming from Altopia...

no thats just another data point confirming the hypothesis you are immune to
facts and have a bizzare prejudice against posters that are protected from
your hacker and stalker friends.
I wonder why.?
personal abuse and hysterical accusations of trolling dont alter the facts.

Ritalin and Concerta are dangerous to children and its obscene to suggest its
OK to give such stimulants to two year olds.

Ian

May 25, 2002, 7:42:00 AM5/25/02
Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote:

>The newsgroup to which I redirected followups is quite real. If *you* can't get
>it, perhaps you should contact the noble fellows at Altopia, or else learn how
>to operate your newsreader. It's not all that difficult.

Coming from someone who can't even take his sig out of another
person's post, that's quite hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

So.. You were only being a hypocrite (yet again) about follow ups?

Ian

May 25, 2002, 7:42:02 AM5/25/02
sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

>no defense needed your vileness and true concerns are well known.
>
>PHONE SEX--THE FAQ

You missed another one...
He is also a well known spammer:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=msbDuMDy4.7tq%40netcom.com&oe=UTF8&output=gplain

Ian

May 25, 2002, 7:42:03 AM5/25/02
Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote:

>Those parts of the forebrain (please correct me if I'm wrong,
>Mark Morin) that affect impulsivity and motor control are the ones most affected
>by having more dopamine available.

So a line of Coke would do the same thing?

Ian

May 25, 2002, 7:42:05 AM5/25/02
Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote:

>Fine. Let's see who comes rushing to your defense. (Now watch: we'll see a
>whole slew of sockpuppets, all posting through Altopia, and all (what a
>coincidence!) using the same newsreader)

Better watch that paranoia....

Alayne

May 25, 2002, 8:33:57 AM5/25/02

"Ian" <now...@no.orgasm> wrote in message

A person with integrity would have taken the time to check a few of the
headers of all ASAD's altopian posters before posting such a statement.

Unfortunately, Parson's totally lacks character and integrity.

Or any credibility, impulsively blurting out whatever he "thinks" as if it's
true, because he "thinks" so, never bothering to verify or confirm what he
"thinks" even where it would have been easy to do so.

Isn't such impulsivity a symptom of ADHD?

Perhaps his dose of psychotoxins is too low?

But then we are dealing with a troll, spammer, pointeracting with a
mistatement of fact.tteHe better check headers of all the altopia posters
BEFORE posting his generalizations, vile slander, and crappola. .

n posting here long enou.

Mathew

May 25, 2002, 9:28:56 AM5/25/02

OMG it just gets worse and worse.
Even his fellow pornographers see him as a corruption and boil on usenet.
And he has the gall to pose as some sort of moral authorit advising on
childrearing.
Isnt there something a little sick about such a sexual predator haunting
support groups for mentally disturbed women and their children?.

>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=msbDuMDy4.7tq%40netcom.
com&oe=UTF8&output=gplain

Parsons gets rich from his phone-sex company by posting adver-
tisements that smother and destroy Usenet. His actions encourage
many other people to do the same thing. The result is obvious--
the huge and increasing amount of commercial garbage in popular
newsgroups like alt.sex.stories. It makes Usenet tedious and
difficult for posters and readers alike, wasting the time and
effort of *millions* of people.

In article <31e66913...@concord01.news.internex.net>,
Joe Parsons <j...@cyber-mall.com> wrote:

[...]

>INTRUSION
>
>Joe Parsons

[lousy story deleted; it's only there to serve as an excuse for the ad]

>For the best, hottest live conversation available, call the women
>who were *too explicit* for the 1-900 lines. Find out what
>thousands of repeat Internet callers already know. Call

The Big Kahuna

May 25, 2002, 10:27:30 AM5/25/02

> Please find even one denial from any knowledgeable person in ASAD.

That would not be you, that's for sure.

> A hint: if you have something more important to do, like collecting your
navel
> lint or trimming your toenails, you might want to take care of that first.

Not everyone is employs your personal grooming techniques, idiot.

Or should I state, Parrot -- psycho?

The Big Kahuna

May 25, 2002, 10:30:00 AM5/25/02

> I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
> Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.

<LOL> Oh I love it: Mr. Parrot berating others for Multiple Personality
Disorder issues. What a fucking moron and waste product you are, Shit
Parsons.

JustMe

May 25, 2002, 10:39:37 AM5/25/02
In article <fb2ueuo2mu8soja42...@4ax.com>,
j...@yankeemedia.net says...

> This doesn't alter the fact that methylphenidate is a CNS stimulant. Nicotine
> is, too--and many smokers "sleep like a baby" after their last cigarette of the
> night. There once was a term, "paradoxical calming effect" that was used to

Actually smoking is well known to disrupt sleep.

Joe Parsons

May 25, 2002, 11:07:31 AM5/25/02
On 25 May 2002 04:30:25 GMT, Vashti <vash...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote in message
>
>> Please see above. I think you have confused methylphenidate
>> (Ritalin©) with one of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
>> (SSRI) like Prozac or Effexor.
>
>That *would* be confusing, since Effexor isn't an SSRI...sorry: I
>couldn't resist!:¬p

You're right--in addition to inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, it also acts
on norepinephrine. My bad. :)

My fingers felt funny as I was typing it.

Ian

May 25, 2002, 11:29:02 AM5/25/02
Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote:

>My fingers felt funny as I was typing it.

I'm afraid to ask........

#Begin Joe Parsons Sig
For the *best* conversation, call 10509-1-514-851-1731
$3.99 per minute (and worth it)
Read "Phonesex--the Straight Scoop" available on Usenet
or from j...@cyber-mall.com
#End Joe Parsons Sig

Ian

May 25, 2002, 11:46:58 AM5/25/02
sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

>OMG it just gets worse and worse.
> Even his fellow pornographers see him as a corruption and boil on usenet.

We are accepting new subscribers to "Backroads of the Infobahn," a
weekly electronic newsmagazine for the Interenet.

There is no charge for this informative publication.

To subscribe, do the following:

Send e-mail (that's spelled "e-m-a-i-l," not "f-o-l-l-o-w-u-p") to the
following address:

j...@cyber-mall.com

The subject header should contain one word:

SUBSCRIBE

You *must* request your subscription from the address where you wish
to receive it. If you have any questions or comments, please put them
in a separate letter, not the one asking for the subscription.

From time to time we may cover items of special interest to adults, so
we ask that you request a subscription only if you are 18 or older.

Here's what some of our subscribers have to say about "Backroads:"

Thank you for your quick reply and a copy of "Backroads of the
Infobahn." I found it to be informative and not too basic as to
insult the experienced Internet user. Keep up the good work. :)

I think this is one of the most incredible pieces of information, all
in one place, that I have ever received since my short tenure on the
Internet.

...saw it, printed it, fowarded it, want more of it.....THANK YOU

Your words...bring a clear and tangible human touch to a place in a
medium where it is altogether very possible to forget that one is
dealing with real people and not just a clever machine. In this way
you enrich the online environment for us all, or, at least, for me.

"Backroads" is just what I needed! Thanks for sharing a wealth of info
about the Net, dispersed with a wonderful sense of humor. Great job,
Joe!

Just recived my first copy of "Back Roads" and wanted to say thanks
for the effort and work you've put in to this!!!! FIRST RATE!!!

Just wanted to say thanks for your e-zine! It's cool.

Fabulous!
Stupendous!!
A work of art!!!

Ian

May 25, 2002, 11:50:15 AM5/25/02
sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

>OMG it just gets worse and worse.
> Even his fellow pornographers see him as a corruption and boil on usenet.

I think a FAQ on the FAQ maintainer is in order. Just too damn many
names, handles, e-mail addresses and just flat out horse shit. It may
be around 500k, but rest assured, it will get done!

Mark Probert

May 25, 2002, 2:36:02 PM5/25/02
sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote in message news:<acnh39$d3j$0...@pita.alt.net>...

Perhaps you could explain something to me...

I started this thread with a post to asad only.

You added a newsgroup.

Joe deleted the newsgroup.

You re-added the same group.

Why do you keep adding that group?

Mark Probert

May 25, 2002, 2:38:26 PM5/25/02
"The Big Kahuna" <t...@big.kahuna> wrote in message news:<IdNH8.1008$9V....@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...

You are just jealous because you do not have enough Cracker Jack box
tops to get your first personality.

If anyone has a spare personality, it would be kind of them to donate
it to you. Big Okole* would be a better moron for it.

*Okole: Hawaiian word meaning asshole, far more descriptive and
accurate than Kahuna-Wannabe.

Mark Probert

May 25, 2002, 2:41:41 PM5/25/02
"Mark D. Morin" <mdm...@PETERHOOD69gwi.net> wrote in message news:<3CEECD73...@gwi.net>...
> Mathew wrote:
> >
> > In article <aclbvm$qm610$1...@ID-78438.news.dfncis.de>, "Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >Lilly Says
>
> > >Among children ages 6 to 11,
> > >
> > >Unlike methylphenidate, the main chemical in Ritalin and Johnson & Johnson's
> > >Concerta, atomoxetine is not a stimulant
> >
> > at last an admission Ritalin IS a stimulant for children after all those
> > denials
>

> huh?

Mathew seems tohave a problem with reality. S/h/it cannot show that
anyone ever denied MPH is a stimulant. It is a mild one.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

May 25, 2002, 3:40:51 PM5/25/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 14:39:37 GMT, JustMe <no...@nospam.net> typed:

Oh? not to me. <shrug>

Mark D. Morin

May 25, 2002, 3:54:41 PM5/25/02
Elizabeth wrote:

> On Sat, 25 May 2002 07:42:03 -0400, Ian <now...@no.orgasm> typed:
>
> > Joe Parsons <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote:
> >

> > >Those parts of the forebrain (please correct me if I'm wrong,
> > >Mark Morin) that affect impulsivity and motor control are the ones
> > >most affected by having more dopamine available.
> >
> > So a line of Coke would do the same thing?
>
> no....duh.

ah, yeah.
the availability is exceptionally short lived but very intense (an
intensity exceptionally greater than any produced by MPH); it can
definately produce schizophrenic symptoms not to meantion the
destruction of tissue (from increased blood pressure).

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh. "Well, it's when people call out
at you just as you're going off to do it, `What are you going to do,
Christopher Robin?' and you say, `Oh, nothing' and then you go and do
it. It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't
hear, and not bothering."

http://home.gwi.net/~mdmpsyd/index.htm
remove peterhood69 for mail

Ian

May 25, 2002, 4:57:12 PM5/25/02
mark_p...@hotmail.com (Mark Probert) wrote:

>> <LOL> Oh I love it: Mr. Parrot berating others for Multiple Personality
>> Disorder issues. What a fucking moron and waste product you are, Shit
>> Parsons.
>
>You are just jealous because you do not have enough Cracker Jack box
>tops to get your first personality.
>
>If anyone has a spare personality, it would be kind of them to donate
>it to you.

Joe?

JustMe

May 25, 2002, 7:33:32 PM5/25/02
In article <20020525124051.7...@see.sig>,
eliz...@see.sig says...

> On Sat, 25 May 2002 14:39:37 GMT, JustMe <no...@nospam.net> typed:
>
> > In article <fb2ueuo2mu8soja42...@4ax.com>,
> > j...@yankeemedia.net says...
> > > This doesn't alter the fact that methylphenidate is a CNS stimulant.
> > > Nicotine is, too--and many smokers "sleep like a baby" after their
> > > last cigarette of the night. There once was a term, "paradoxical
> > > calming effect" that was used to
> > >

> > Actually smoking is well known to disrupt sleep.
>
> Oh? not to me. <shrug>

Having had sever sleep problems for years I've talked to a lot of
doctors about sleep and that, amongst other things, is what they tell
me. Perhaps people who have a sleep problem and ADHD may react in an
atypical manner but for the population as a whole nicotine disturbs
sleep.

Mathew

May 25, 2002, 7:48:16 PM5/25/02
In article <308657.020525...@posting.google.com>, mark_p...@hotmail.com (Mark Probert) wrote:
>sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote in message news:<acnh39$d3j$0...@pita.alt.net>...
>
>Perhaps you could explain something to me...

OK

>I started this thread with a post to asad only.

true

>You added a newsgroup.

yes

>Joe deleted the newsgroup.

he did much more than that

>You re-added the same group.

Yes

>Why do you keep adding that group?

The folks there are very interested in new medications
and deserve to be able to follow what little dialogue there is
without it being disrupted by Joe Parsons filthy troll tricks!
IMHO

Alayne

May 25, 2002, 8:00:50 PM5/25/02

"Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Alayne

May 25, 2002, 8:15:02 PM5/25/02

"Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote in message
>
> Perhaps you could explain something to me...
>
> I started this thread with a post to asad only.
>
> You added a newsgroup.
>
> Joe deleted the newsgroup.

Not true.

MaryGary was the poster who deleted the crosspost to ASD-med.

Troll Joe Parson was the poster who attempted to kill the thread altogether
by including a followup to alt.usenet kooks.

Perhaps you can explain why you are questioning someone adding a crosspost
to a related ng, as opposed to questioning why Joe Parson's included a
followup to an extinct ng?

Edward G.

May 25, 2002, 8:20:29 PM5/25/02

"Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You are just jealous because you do not have enough Cracker Jack box
> tops to get your first personality.

<Yawn> Oh Mark, my little troll bitch: what a mental defective you truly
are. Both you and Parsons suffer from multiple personality disorders,
having at least 3 or 4 socks between you that you both use with some
frequency. First the lawyer gig didn't work out, so now you want to berate
people via usenet and take it out on us? Poor, wretched little disturbed
child -- you need to get help.

Alayne

May 25, 2002, 8:50:05 PM5/25/02

"Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

So much projection in posts posted to this ng.

MPD has been debunked.

Those with a fragmented personality are dx'd as having DID or Dissociative
Identity Disorder nowadays.

Here's a link for the posters here suffering it.

http://www.sidran.org/didbr.html

Mark Probert

May 26, 2002, 9:28:17 AM5/26/02
"Alayne" <Ala...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<acpbhd$qno$0...@pita.alt.net>...

> "Mark Probert" <mark_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "The Big Kahuna" <t...@big.kahuna> wrote in message
> > > "Joe Parsons" <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote in message

> Personality
> > >
> > > <LOL> Oh I love it: Mr. Parrot berating others for Multiple Personality
> > > Disorder issues. What a fucking moron and waste product you are, Shit
> > > Parsons.
> >
> > You are just jealous because you do not have enough Cracker Jack box
> > tops to get your first personality.
> >
> > If anyone has a spare personality, it would be kind of them to donate
> > it to you. Big Okole* would be a better moron for it.
> >

> > *Okole: Hawaiian word meaning asshole, far more descriptive and
> > accurate than Kahuna-Wannabe.
>
> So much projection in posts posted to this ng.

I know. I wish BigOkole would stop projectinghis problems onto
everyone and get help.

> MPD has been debunked.

Quite true. BigOkole's probelm is not MPD, but *lack of* personality
disorder. A truly sad case.

> Those with a fragmented personality are dx'd as having DID or Dissociative
> Identity Disorder nowadays.

BigOkole could use a fragmented personality. It will be better than
having none.

FizzyMagic

May 26, 2002, 12:28:16 PM5/26/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 07:42:00 -0400, Ian <now...@no.orgasm> wrote:

<nothing worth quoting>

Ian, I believe you're in the wrong newsgroup. You need
alt.support.imbeciles. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enter User Name Here

May 26, 2002, 3:32:47 PM5/26/02
FizzyMagic <fizzy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ian, I believe you're in the wrong newsgroup. You need
>alt.support.imbeciles. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'll take that as an invite to stay longer.. "Fizzy"... LOL

The Big Kahuna

May 26, 2002, 5:24:24 PM5/26/02
"FizzyMagic" <fizzy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Obviously someone recruiting for a ng they founded.

Nessa

May 27, 2002, 9:22:06 AM5/27/02
On Fri, 24 May 2002 8:57:23 -0400, Mathew wrote
(in message <aclddo$87s$0...@dosa.alt.net>):

> at last an admission Ritalin IS a stimulant for children after all those
> denials

i don't think anyone ever disagreed that Ritalin is a stimulant. of course
it is.

Nessa

--
I had a handle on life but I broke it.
www.nessa.info

Nutflakes

May 27, 2002, 9:47:10 AM5/27/02
wrote:

>You didnt answer the question because you know as well as I do, there
>are no knowledgeable posters to ASAD who are actually willing to post
>posts which are knowledgeable rather than " clever", because YOU and
>your band of ignoramuses attack anyone who ever attempts to.

Thinks is the same fruitcake alt.net fruitcake.
You know someone is really bad off when they post questions and then
answer themselves.

Unfortunately this person is neither clever or knowledgeable.
And talk about attack. Cant seem to argue seriously worth beans. Has
to drown out all oppossing opinions and resort to the lamest methods.
You are one sorry asshole.

Nutflakes

May 27, 2002, 9:48:11 AM5/27/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 08:12:44 GMT, sp...@nospam.com (Mathew) wrote:

Same fruitcake.

Nutflakes

May 27, 2002, 9:49:09 AM5/27/02

Fruitcake Alert.

Nutflakes

May 27, 2002, 9:51:13 AM5/27/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 08:33:57 -0400, "Alayne" <Ala...@nospam.com>
wrote:

Fruitcake alert.

Jon

May 27, 2002, 10:14:08 AM5/27/02

On Sat, 25 May 2002 14:30:00 GMT, "The Big Kahuna" <t...@big.kahuna>
wrote:

>"Joe Parsons" <j...@yankeemedia.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I think you'd be better off working on getting your Multiple Personality
>> Disorder and Gender Confusion straightened out.
>
><LOL> Oh I love it: Mr. Parrot berating others for Multiple Personality
>Disorder issues. What a fucking moron and waste product you are, Shit
>Parsons.

Fruitcake alert.

Jon

May 27, 2002, 10:14:11 AM5/27/02
On Sun, 26 May 2002 00:20:29 GMT, "Edward G." <edqw...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Can you believe this basket case ? Verizon & AT&T & Altnet.

Mark Probert

May 27, 2002, 1:43:53 PM5/27/02
In the thread as it appears in my reader, the sequence is *exactly* as I
described it.

"Alayne" <Ala...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Elizabeth

May 27, 2002, 8:30:59 PM5/27/02
On 27 May 2002 09:14:11 -0500, Jon <Jo...@Twoshakes.com> typed:

Ok...I wasn't going to add anymore to this thread, but I've just *got*
to address this one.

You do realize that people have multiple ISP's don't you? Some people
have their home ISP and their work ISP. Some people change ther ISP's.
Some people's ISPs get bought and change names.

Like myself. I have had a couple since I first started posted to
usenet. You can probably find it on google.

I've also had several email addys. The most recent being the domain
name that I purchased. Using the mail server that I run on my Linux
box.

<sigh>

Changing a fake email adress daily is irritating and rather troll-like,
but neither of these people are doing that.

Ok...enough of this damn thread.

----
Elizabeth aka Chim-chim Bubblechunks
"If the bears don't eat you, it's home."
-- Qanuc saying from "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" by Tad Williams

Elizabeth

May 27, 2002, 8:32:36 PM5/27/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 19:54:41 GMT, "Mark D. Morin"
<mdm...@PETERHOOD69gwi.net> typed:

> Elizabeth wrote:

> > > So a line of Coke would do the same thing?
> >
> > no....duh.
>
> ah, yeah.
> the availability is exceptionally short lived but very intense (an
> intensity exceptionally greater than any produced by MPH); it can
> definately produce schizophrenic symptoms not to meantion the
> destruction of tissue (from increased blood pressure).

right...they don't do the same thing. ;)

----
Elizabeth aka Chim-chim Bubblechunks
"If the bears don't eat you, it's home."
-- Qanuc saying from "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" by Tad Williams

Elizabeth

May 27, 2002, 8:33:16 PM5/27/02
On Sat, 25 May 2002 23:33:32 GMT, JustMe <no...@nospam.net> typed:

> > Oh? not to me. <shrug>
>
> Having had sever sleep problems for years I've talked to a lot of
> doctors about sleep and that, amongst other things, is what they tell
> me. Perhaps people who have a sleep problem and ADHD may react in an
> atypical manner but for the population as a whole nicotine disturbs
> sleep.

Oh, well. like I said. Not me.

----
Elizabeth aka Chim-chim Bubblechunks
"If the bears don't eat you, it's home."
-- Qanuc saying from "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" by Tad Williams

Joe Poster

May 31, 2002, 7:08:48 AM5/31/02