Pity, not scorn?

1 view

win...@prairienet.org

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Just musing on how much time and energy it would take
for a person to fill multiple newsgroups with provocative
dreck day after day after day.......such a person must not
have a life, don't you think? Poor thing.

Kate in IL

* Life's too short to put up with lousy coffee. *
Kate Winkler * win...@prairienet.org * George Groschen

julie_z.

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

I think it *is* true that there are some people
who's nature it is to fight the course of evolution.
Yes I pity them, and at the same time realize maybe
it is part of their "karma" or whatever to try to
stop what is going on.

That doesn't mean we don't have the freedom to
debate with them though. At least for me, that's
part of *my* "karma". :->

Julie Z.

Sara Freeman

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

Uh, oh. somebody thinks this is alt.new.age.funny.stuff.

>Julie Z.

Tim Oxler

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

>>Julie Z.

Sara,
Are you defending free speech, or people's right to be upset with you?

Tim Oxler
tro...@i1.net

Sara Freeman

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

Does anybody have any sense of humor here? Huh?

Dr. Richard X. Frager

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

In <4msput$3...@news1.i1.net> tro...@i1.net (Tim Oxler) writes:

@ix.netcom.com (Sara Freeman ) wrote:

>Does anybody have any sense of humor here? Huh?

Yes I do, but I'm NOT strung out on Valium, Ritalin, Aspartame, or
any other medication. Also, keeping a vegetarian diet does wonders.
And I am not spending any of my time complaining to internet
servers, writing to newspapers, whining, trying to shame or reason with
someone to get off a newsgroup. I am not posting other people's
e-mail, writing to them, or any of the other desperete tricks
they have used. To no avail, I may add!

Truth be told, I wasn't all that interested in Ritalin, until
these amazing people took what I would consider an overwhelming
opinion about anybody posting something bad about it. Well, that
got the research going and BOY-OH-BOY, did I find out a WORLD
of information that I know has the right to be published.

Thank you Sarah, you are a kind and considerate person.

How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
lightbulb?

HEY, just kidding folks!!! But how many?

Sara Freeman

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

In <4mvpbf$6...@nadine.teleport.com> "Dr. Richard X. Frager"
<rfr...@teleport.com> writes:

No ADD person could screw in a light bulb. He's procrastinate until a
non-ADD person screwed it in.

Cat Briggs

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

Richard wrote:

: >How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
: >lightbulb?

:Sara replied:

: No ADD person could screw in a light bulb. He's procrastinate until a

: non-ADD person screwed it in.

Cat added:

That's right. We have ADD. We aren't stupid. (I just play dumb until
someone else does the work for me.)

:)

Cat

(Just teasing you a bit, Sara.)

gl...@delphi.com

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

Cat Briggs <ca...@primenet.com> writes:

>: >How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
>: >lightbulb?

>:Sara replied:
>
>: No ADD person could screw in a light bulb. He's procrastinate until a
>: non-ADD person screwed it in.

>Cat added:
>
>That's right. We have ADD. We aren't stupid. (I just play dumb until
>someone else does the work for me.)

And then Nancy chimed in (grin):

We did this several weeks ago in one of our silly threads
(ADD'ers? Silly? Hmmm.) and I think the conclusion was that
it took about ten or twelve ADD kids to change a lightbulb.
One ... to go get a light bulb
Two more ... to go find out where the first kid went
Two more ... to track down the other three, who were playing outside
One more ... to tell all those kids to come in the house right now
One more ... to go get a light bulb
Two more ... to find the first kid
and so forth
Nancy G
yeah? so? Isn't that how EVERY family changes the light bulbs????

John Palmer

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

: <rfr...@teleport.com> writes:

: >And I am not spending any of my time complaining to internet

: >servers, writing to newspapers, whining, trying to shame or reason with
: >someone to get off a newsgroup.

Thank you, Frager. I needed a laugh today. I'm glad to know that
your whining, shame-attempting posts aren't whining or shame-attempting.
You're correct, though, that you don't try to reason.

I am not posting other people's
: >e-mail, writing to them, or any of the other desperete tricks
: >they have used. To no avail, I may add!

You're right. How desperate one must be to write email to someone.
Gads. . .

: >Truth be told, I wasn't all that interested in Ritalin, until

: >these amazing people took what I would consider an overwhelming
: >opinion about anybody posting something bad about it.

Translation: you posted bullshit and lies, and pissed people off, and
realized that it was fun. How often do your diapers need changing?

Well, that
: >got the research going and BOY-OH-BOY, did I find out a WORLD
: >of information that I know has the right to be published.

So where is this information that's being published?
: >

: >How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
: >lightbulb?

One. I change lightbulbs all the time. (Translation: Huh?)

: No ADD person could screw in a light bulb. He's procrastinate until a
: non-ADD person screwed it in.

No, if I did that, lightbulbs would never get changed. Mind you, I
usually change lightbulbs just after going to the bathroom. See, when I
think about the lightbulb needing to be changed, I get up and see that book
I was reading, and start reading it, and then usually get something to
drink. After realizing that I now have three cans of diet wild cherry
pepsi open, I drink all three of them (the first two quickly, before they
get warm) and then, when I have to go to the bathroom, I see the light
bulbs on the back of the toilet (where I put them so that I would see them
when I went into the bathroom) and IMMEDIATELY change the lightbulb before
I can forget again.

Ta...@sound.net

May 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/12/96

>it took about ten or twelve ADD kids to change a lightbulb.
>One ... to go get a light bulb
>Two more ... to go find out where the first kid went
>Two more ... to track down the other three, who were playing outside
>One more ... to tell all those kids to come in the house right now
>One more ... to go get a light bulb
>Two more ... to find the first kid
>and so forth
>Nancy G
>yeah? so? Isn't that how EVERY family changes the light bulbs????

And there is another way? <g>

Tammy
lil...@sound.net

rdh...@accessus.net

May 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/12/96

>How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
>lightbulb?

>HEY, just kidding folks!!! But how many?

None, the people they live with get tired of waiting and do it
themselves! :) *just kidding*

anita

Dave Ballard

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

In article <4mvpbf$6...@nadine.teleport.com>, rfr...@teleport.com
says...

>In <4msput$3...@news1.i1.net> tro...@i1.net (Tim Oxler) writes:
>
>@ix.netcom.com (Sara Freeman ) wrote:
>
>>Does anybody have any sense of humor here? Huh?
>
>Yes I do, but I'm NOT strung out on Valium, Ritalin, Aspartame, or
>any other medication. Also, keeping a vegetarian diet does wonders.
>And I am not spending any of my time complaining to internet
>servers, writing to newspapers, whining, trying to shame or reason
with
>someone to get off a newsgroup. I am not posting other people's

>e-mail, writing to them, or any of the other desperete tricks
>they have used. To no avail, I may add!
>
>Truth be told, I wasn't all that interested in Ritalin, until
>these amazing people took what I would consider an overwhelming
>opinion about anybody posting something bad about it. Well, that

>got the research going and BOY-OH-BOY, did I find out a WORLD
>of information that I know has the right to be published.
>
>Thank you Sarah, you are a kind and considerate person.
>
>How many ritalin users does it take to screw in a
>lightbulb?
>
>HEY, just kidding folks!!! But how many?

I really resent that last remark.

I have been sitting here reading your posts for the last several months
now, and you know, I'm really starting to resent your attitude. To put
it bluntly, it sucks!

Granted, everyone is intitaled to their own opinions, but you don't
want to hear the good that ritalin has done for people. I have seen it
first hand with my son.

In one of your last posts, you said that mothers should stay at home
with their kids, etc. Well, I WAS a stay at home mom for the first
seven years of my son's life. He was diagnosed before I started
working. The reason I started to work outside the home was so that we
could afford to get him the help that he needed. But even though I was
working, there was always a parent home when my kids were. Whether it
was my husband or I.

We tried the non-medicated approach. It DIDN'T work. Believe me,
putting my son on ritalin was a long and well thought out process that
my husband and I discussed at great length. Neither one of us is for
medication when it is not necessary. But in my son's case, it was
necessary. We talked to my sons doctors at great length before we made
our decision.

So, Dr. Frager (if you really are one), we parents of ADD/ADHD kids
have had our share of guilt trips handed to us, some we have put
ourselves through. We don't need people like you putting us through
more hell. Until you have walked in our shoes, you can never know
exactly what we have been through. So quit it with your "Holier than
thou" attitude. We neither need it or want it.

I for one, have had to put up with attitudes like yours for the past 12
years. It's something you grow accustomed to living in the "Bible
Belt". After all, I live in Va. Beach, home of the Christian Coalition
and CBN. And before you get on my back about that, I want you to know
that I consider myself a Christian. I just think that I have more of a
tolerance for people than the Christian Coalition does. In their eyes,
if you don't believe exactly as they do, you cannot be a Christian. It
seems to me that you have that same attitude. In your eyes, if we
parents don't believe exactly as you do, then we cannot be good
parents. Well I for one totally disagree with you.

We parents of ADD/ADHD kids have also done our research. That's what
being a responsible parent is. Oh yea, and before you accuse me of
owning stock in the company that makes ritalin, I don't. In fact, my
husband and I don't own any stock, except the stock we have in our
sons. In other words, our interest in the fact that they become
responsible adults. Which is the biggest investment we have going.

Michelle in Va Beach

MSProbert

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

In article <4n60uc$3...@matterhorn.pinn.net>, ball...@pinn.net (Dave
Ballard) writes:

>In fact, my husband and I don't own any stock, except the stock we have
in our
>sons. In other words, our interest in the fact that they become
responsible adults. Which is the biggest investment we have going.<<

I like the way you put that.

Mark S. Probert
Merrick, New York

Tim Oxler

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

"Dr. Richard X. Frager" <rfr...@teleport.com> wrote:

>In <4msput$3...@news1.i1.net> tro...@i1.net (Tim Oxler) writes:

>@ix.netcom.com (Sara Freeman ) wrote:

>>Does anybody have any sense of humor here? Huh?

>Yes I do, but I'm NOT strung out on Valium, Ritalin, Aspartame, or
>any other medication. Also, keeping a vegetarian diet does wonders.
>And I am not spending any of my time complaining to internet
>servers, writing to newspapers, whining, trying to shame or reason with
>someone to get off a newsgroup. I am not posting other people's
>e-mail, writing to them, or any of the other desperete tricks
>they have used. To no avail, I may add!

Frager, I don't know why or how you got my name in this reply. But
first off. I haven't (nor do I want to) e-mail you, I haven't been
trying to pull your service, or done any of these so called tricks.

In fact, this sure looks like a lot of complaining and whining, and a
trick you're pulling on me!

And second, I don't take Ritalin, or Valium and I'm definately not
strung out.

And finally, just go away.

Tim Oxler
tro...@i1.net

leo meunier

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

Change the light bulb? Isn't there another lamp that sill works?

Leo

shu...@woods.uml.edu

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

> I believe you suffer from more than just ADD.
> Remember John : Just because you are PARANOID -
> doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you-
> Perhaps one of your cohorts on this very newsgroup!

Now *this* qualifies as taunting and downright teasing. It is cruel,
unnecessary - and an indication of your *own* temperament.

Just keep one thing in mind, Frager - what goes around comes around.

-stan

Dr. R. X. Frager

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

@infinet.com (John Palmer) wrote:

> No, if I did that, lightbulbs would never get changed.
Mind you, I
>usually change lightbulbs
just after going to the bathroom. See, when I
>think about the lightbulb needing to be changed,
I get up and see that book
>I was reading, and start reading it,
and then usually get something to
>drink.

I like the John Calmer tag, it fits you
like a glove - so WEAR IT! And try to relax, pal.

David Borowski

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

shu...@woods.uml.edu wrote:
: > I believe you suffer from more than just ADD.

: > Remember John : Just because you are PARANOID -
: > doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you-
: > Perhaps one of your cohorts on this very newsgroup!

: Now *this* qualifies as taunting and downright teasing. It is cruel,

: unnecessary - and an indication of your *own* temperament.

: Just keep one thing in mind, Frager - what goes around comes around.

: -stan
:
:

Stan,
You're egging this guy on. Let it go! He'll lose interest if you just STOP!

Dave
--

Dave Borowski dbor...@netcom.com

stan...@mail.idt.net

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

In article <dborowskD...@netcom.com>, dbor...@netcom.com (David
Borowski) wrote:

You know this is the PYNCONAL guy(Frager). Don't you know he is never
going away.

MSProbert

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

In article <1996May17.151737.1@aspen>, shu...@woods.uml.edu writes:

> Just keep one thing in mind, Frager - what goes around comes
around.

True, but nothing will stop the twit. I have no doubt that Frager will
return here in the very near future. His species does that.

D.C. Sessions

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

MSProbert wrote:

> In article <1996May17.151737.1@aspen>, shu...@woods.uml.edu writes:
>
> > Just keep one thing in mind, Frager - what goes around comes
> around.
> >
> True, but nothing will stop the twit. I have no doubt that Frager will
> return here in the very near future. His species does that.

In the meantime, I just forward all of his output to his sysadmin
with the title "Off-topic trolling" and no editorial content.

This is, BTW, the method that eventually got the "Holocaust never
happened" so-called "historical revisionists" unplugged from
posting to soc.culture.jewish

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.se...@tempe.vlsi.com

D.C. Sessions

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

D.C. Sessions wrote:

> MSProbert wrote:

> > True, but nothing will stop the twit. I have no doubt that Frager will
> > return here in the very near future. His species does that.
>
> In the meantime, I just forward all of his output to his sysadmin
> with the title "Off-topic trolling" and no editorial content.
>
> This is, BTW, the method that eventually got the "Holocaust never
> happened" so-called "historical revisionists" unplugged from
> posting to soc.culture.jewish

Oh, yeah -- I forgot to mention that this method is real easy to
automate using killfiles, or (for me) satisfies that annoying itch
to DO SOMETHING.

DSx1

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <31A08B...@tempe.vlsi.com>, "D.C. Sessions"
<dc.se...@tempe.vlsi.com> writes:

>Subject: Re: It won't help!
>From: "D.C. Sessions" <dc.se...@tempe.vlsi.com>
>Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 08:10:36 -0700

>MSProbert wrote:
>>
>> In article <1996May17.151737.1@aspen>, shu...@woods.uml.edu writes:
>>
>> > Just keep one thing in mind, Frager - what goes around comes
>> around.
>> >

>> True, but nothing will stop the twit. I have no doubt that Frager will
>> return here in the very near future. His species does that.

He's like some kind of polymorphic virus that keeps changing faces,
names and form. I think we know who you are.

[-**-]