how old are you?

MOETHEJOE

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Dragongreeneyes

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
35 36 Nov 22
"MOETHEJOE" <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8li5bs$571$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

Nessa

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:50:28 -0400, Dragongreeneyes wrote
(in message <snp7hp6...@corp.supernews.com>):

> 35 36 Nov 22

> "MOETHEJOE"

>> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

was 40 in March

Nessa
251.2/247.8/226.1 (10%)/203.5(10%)183.2(10%)164.9(10%)148.4(10%)145
(final goal)

Jim Manson

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

38

Norma

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
I'm gonna be 31 in August.

--
Norma

There's a place I like to hide,
A doorway that I run through in the night...

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:50:28 -0400, Dragongreeneyes wrote
> (in message <snp7hp6...@corp.supernews.com>):
>
> > 35 36 Nov 22
>

> > "MOETHEJOE"
>

> >> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>

> was 40 in March
>
> --

> Nessa

Nessa

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:56:36 -0400, Jim Manson wrote
(in message <tcipnssdaq49cqqor...@4ax.com>):

> MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>>

> 38

I always did like younger men.... <g>
--
Nessa

J. Clarke

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
39 and holding. Will be 49 and holding in two more years.

--
---
---John

reply to jclarke at eye bee em dot net

"MOETHEJOE" <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

Ann

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
Nessa <ne...@ix.netcom.com> expounded:

>was 40 in March

Nessa, are you getting younger? :->

I was 44 in April.

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Jim Manson

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
Nessa <ne...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:56:36 -0400, Jim Manson wrote
>(in message <tcipnssdaq49cqqor...@4ax.com>):
>
>> MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>>>

>> 38
>>

>I always did like younger men.... <g>

Really?

Hmm....well I would say something but Victoria *does* have the
computer I gave her and she may have figured out Usenet by
now.............;-)

J. Z. A.-H.

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Old enough to know better, still too young to give a damn.

J. Z. Al-Huriyeh
"For a millennium, the struggle for mankind's
destiny was between Christianity and Islam;
in the 21st century, it may be so again. For,
as the Shi'ites humiliate us, their
coreligionists are filling up the countries
of the West."

Pat Buchanan, 1992 campaign speech

Mark Probert

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
In article <8li5bs$571$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> writes:

>I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

Josh wil be 17 on Aug 3

Mark Probert

A vote for Pat Buchanan is a vote for America's First Fuhrer!

Christopher Eliot

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00

Yeah, well my daughter is only two, old man.

I just wish she would stop pulling on the gray hairs in my beard :-)

CGEORGE

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
this year!
cheryl

--
How my family dealt with ADD/ADHD and
Tourette Syndrome. Read our testimony at:

"DON'T WORRY THAT YOUR KIDS AREN'T LISTENING TO YOU.
WORRY THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS WATCHING YOU."
Mark Probert <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message

goddess...@my-deja.com

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
In article <snp7hp6...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Dragongreeneyes" <dragong...@yahoo.cm> wrote:
> 35 36 Nov 22

A year and 19 days older than me.

--
Light, Love, & Laughter,
Kitten, Goddess of Mischief

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this." - Anonymous
"Just for today, do not worry; Just for today, do not anger; Earn your
living honestly; Honor your parents, teachers and elders; Show gratitude
for every living thing."- Dr. Mikao Usui

Joe Parsons

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
On 25 Jul 2000 12:27:15 GMT, mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy (Mark Probert) wrote:

>In article <8li5bs$571$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> writes:
>
>>I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>>

>Josh wil be 17 on Aug 3

No, WAIT!! Josh is only 11!

Time's going WAY too fast--and it shows how long you and I have been hanging
around this place, Mark. :)

Joe Parsons

Frequently Asked Questions for alt.support.attn-deficit
and other resources for dealing with attention deficit
disorder are at http://www.cyber-mall.com/asad/faq.html

Joe Parsons

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:07:41 -0500, "CGEORGE" <cge...@i-55.com> wrote:

>Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
>this year!
>cheryl

Feh. 50. I remember 50.

At 50, I still had *pimples*.

Venerable Joe Parsons

tiger

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
wrote:

> Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
> this year!
> cheryl

Whew!! I turned 43 on July 6th. I feel a whole lot younger now! Thanks.

--
...it's never too late to have a happy childhood!
...tiger

Smiley

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Biologically....38...but since my dx about 2 years ago, feels like I started
all over again at about 18... : -)....still trying to catch up!

--
always a Maverick...trying to be a Smiley too...
smi...@silk.net

"MOETHEJOE" <x1...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

Ann

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Christopher Eliot <Empire...@mediaone.net> expounded:

>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>> In article <8li5bs$571$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, MOETHEJOE <x1...@my-deja.com> writes:
>>

>> >I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>> >

>> Josh wil be 17 on Aug 3
>>

>> Mark Probert
>>
>> A vote for Pat Buchanan is a vote for America's First Fuhrer!
>

>Yeah, well my daughter is only two, old man.
>
>I just wish she would stop pulling on the gray hairs in my beard :-)

And both of you neatly sidestepped the pertinent question. Since
neither one of your children post to ASAD, the probing question
is.....how old are you two??? Chris I can ballpark, but Mark remains
the enigma he wants to be....:o)

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

George

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
In article <rp4rns8bcg6rsht02...@4ax.com>,

I think that Mark is close to my age.

George

Chris Leithiser

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00

I'm 2C(hex).

EmmaAnne

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Nessa <ne...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:50:28 -0400, Dragongreeneyes wrote
> (in message <snp7hp6...@corp.supernews.com>):
>
> > 35 36 Nov 22
>

> > "MOETHEJOE"
>

> >> I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.
>

> was 40 in March

I'm 36. My darling daughters are 5 and 7. My dh is 33 (I tell him that
men tend to think they're superior because they're men, so I made sure I
was older and could pull rank that way).

--
"There are no accidents."
Sigmund Freud

Julian9EHP

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
>From: MOETHEJOE

>I'm 39...will be 40 August 3.

Hi, Daddy! I'm not going to turn 40 until 12/30.

E. Penrose

Julian9EHP

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
To generalize is to be an idot. -- W. Blake

Most of us are in the late 30s or early 40s.
Does this show the age of those attracted to newsgroups, or are we the crop of
a certain generation of ADHD?

E. Penrose

Julian9EHP

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
>From: julia...@aol.com (Julian9EHP)

>To generalize is to be an idot. -- W. Blake ^
idiot

Or to misspell.

Ann

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
George <george_of_...@my-deja.com> expounded:

>I think that Mark is close to my age.

:oP

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Ann

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Chris Leithiser <clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> expounded:

>I'm 2C(hex).

Baby! <G>

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Smiley

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
HAH!...I better get this right, or my Digital instructor will be awfully
disappointed...no calc....44?

"Chris Leithiser" <clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> wrote in message

> I'm 2C(hex).

Christopher Eliot

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Smiley wrote:

> HAH!...I better get this right, or my Digital instructor will be awfully
> disappointed...no calc....44?

That agrees with my mental calculation. Wouldn't it be embarrassing if we were
both wrong!

Smiley

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Yeah, and I have software and a TI-92 Plus I could have used to check
with....didn't want to cheat though!

"Christopher Eliot" <Empire...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

MADct

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Julian9EHP et al dwelled:

>..Most of us are in the late 30s or early 40s.

> Does this show the age of those attracted to newsgroups,
> or are we the crop of a certain generation of ADHD?

I will [be thankful if/when/because/to] achieve '52' in a couple of months.

MADct ..In Dog-Years, I Am Dead..

Ann

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Christopher Eliot <Empire...@mediaone.net> expounded:

>Smiley wrote:
>>
>> HAH!...I better get this right, or my Digital instructor will be awfully
>> disappointed...no calc....44?
>
>That agrees with my mental calculation. Wouldn't it be embarrassing if we were
>both wrong!
>
>> "Chris Leithiser" <clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I'm 2C(hex).

I have no idea, I asked an engineer and he said 40....then again, who
said he was a good engineer?? <G>

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Mark Probert

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
In article <ckgf5.23114$B33....@dfw-read.news.verio.net>, "CGEORGE"
<cge...@i-55.com> writes:

>Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
>this year!

53

GOtterBMee

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Old enough to get senior citizen tickets at the movies.

The depressing thing is that they NEVER ask.

Why is it?

When I turned 21 I was carded for ten years afterwords.

Couldn't the movies ask for proof JUST ONCE???? Couldn't they PRETEND??? :)

Christopher Eliot

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00

There was one time I couldn't buy beer because I was with my wife and
she didn't have her ID.

I was over 30 at the time, and she is older than I am.

Joe Parsons

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
On 26 Jul 2000 12:25:28 GMT, mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy (Mark Probert) wrote:

>In article <ckgf5.23114$B33....@dfw-read.news.verio.net>, "CGEORGE"
><cge...@i-55.com> writes:
>
>>Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
>>this year!
>
>53
>Mark Probert

Step aside, sonny...

55

Joe Parsons

>A vote for Pat Buchanan is a vote for America's First Fuhrer!

Chris Leithiser

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00

44 is correct. (Actually, just short of it, but I round upwards). I
started counting in hex when I realized that I could be 20 again...and
won't reach 30 for a good many years!

Ann

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Chris Leithiser <clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> expounded:

>44 is correct. (Actually, just short of it, but I round upwards). I
>started counting in hex when I realized that I could be 20 again...and
>won't reach 30 for a good many years!

Then I'm a baby, too, because you and I are the same age. I like that
hex thinking!

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

EmmaAnne

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Joe Parsons <j...@cyber-mall.com> wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2000 12:25:28 GMT, mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy (Mark Probert) wrote:
>
> >In article <ckgf5.23114$B33....@dfw-read.news.verio.net>, "CGEORGE"
> ><cge...@i-55.com> writes:
> >
> >>Someone please tell me that I'm not the senior member here!....I'll be 50
> >>this year!
> >
> >53
> >Mark Probert
>

> Step aside, sonny...
>
> 55

In *addition* to managing the FAQ. We're in awe. :-)

Mark Probert

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
<ann...@thecia.net> writes:

>Christopher Eliot <Empire...@mediaone.net> expounded:
>
>>Mark Probert wrote:

>>> Josh wil be 17 on Aug 3
>>>
>>> Mark Probert
>>>

>>> A vote for Pat Buchanan is a vote for America's First Fuhrer!
>>

>>Yeah, well my daughter is only two, old man.
>>
>>I just wish she would stop pulling on the gray hairs in my beard :-)
>
>And both of you neatly sidestepped the pertinent question. Since
>neither one of your children post to ASAD, the probing question
>is.....how old are you two??? Chris I can ballpark, but Mark remains
>the enigma he wants to be....:o)

I posted it...53...but technically 52. When Noah had surgery on my 50th I
cancelled that birthday to deal with his needs.

Mark Probert

LJ

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
Now you've started me off trying to dig through the mists of time and
remember how to count in hex
(.... it's been almost 20 years since I left university... remember
punch cards, tape, and IBM mainframes with 64k RAM???) But I like my age
in hex - I'm almost 27 (hex).
LJ

kittens_ma...@my-deja.com

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
In article <397DF91E...@bc.cc.ca.us>,
Chris Leithiser <clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> wrote:

> I'm 2C(hex).

I'm 2B, or 101011
Can't tell you how old, opps, I mean how young, Kitten is.

Not quite cradle robbing......

Kitten's Main Squeeze,
Chewy
--
And it's true that I don't work near as hard
as you tell me that I'm supposed to.

kittens_ma...@my-deja.com

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
In article <397EEF78...@mediaone.net>,
When I came home on leave after USMC Infantry Training School, \
I didn't have a valid DL, so I used my Military Green Card. I was
just 20, too young to drink in California, but Wisconsin was still
an 18 yr old drinking age state. The bouncer wouldn't let me in,
claimed that my Military ID wasn't a valid form of ID.

GOtterBMe

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
Emma Anne said:

"> 55

In *addition* to managing the FAQ. We're in awe. :-)"

I am also 55.

Since my birthday is Dec. 31, it IS likely that Joe is older than me.

Neener neener! :)

daniellec

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
> >44 is correct. (Actually, just short of it, but I round upwards). I
> >started counting in hex when I realized that I could be 20 again...and
> >won't reach 30 for a good many years!
>
> Then I'm a baby, too, because you and I are the same age. I like that
> hex thinking!

Make that three of us: I turn 44 in September. And I sure like that hex
counting too, especially since my children are so young and some of their
friends' parents could be my children!!

--
Danielle,
Writing from Canada

daniellec

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
"Mark Probert" <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message

You can do that? Just cancel a birthday? Bet my mom, who wished to remain 33
forever, would have loved to have known this:).

My great-grandmother was rather creative when it came to telling her age: at
81 she told everyone she was 18. However, that technique won't work for me
this year, since I turn 44.

Nessa

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:51:09 -0400, daniellec wrote
(in message <xKMg5.76455$1h3.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>):

when I turned 39 I told everyone I was really still a teenager. I was
Twenty-nineteen.

The year I turned 40 (this year) my dad told me that it was amazing his
daughter was older than he was.

(at least he knows he acts 12)
--
Nessa
--
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the
pan?
www.bestpages.com/nessa

Christopher Eliot

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
daniellec wrote:

> > >44 is correct. (Actually, just short of it, but I round upwards). I
> > >started counting in hex when I realized that I could be 20 again...and
> > >won't reach 30 for a good many years!
> >
> > Then I'm a baby, too, because you and I are the same age. I like that
> > hex thinking!
> >

> Make that three of us: I turn 44 in September. And I sure like that hex
> counting too, especially since my children are so young and some of their
> friends' parents could be my children!!

In my son's class, some parents could be my children, and other parent's
are in my parent's generation.

Christopher Eliot

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
daniellec wrote:

> "Mark Probert" <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message
> > In article <rp4rns8bcg6rsht02...@4ax.com>, Ann
> > <ann...@thecia.net> writes:
> >

> > I posted it...53...but technically 52. When Noah had surgery on my 50th I
> > cancelled that birthday to deal with his needs.
> >

> You can do that? Just cancel a birthday? Bet my mom, who wished to remain 33
> forever, would have loved to have known this:).

My mother stopped counting when she got to 29. She stopped again at 39 and I
believe she is now holding at 49 although her husband is over 65.

> My great-grandmother was rather creative when it came to telling her age: at
> 81 she told everyone she was 18. However, that technique won't work for me
> this year, since I turn 44.

Christopher Eliot

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Nessa wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:51:09 -0400, daniellec wrote
> (in message <xKMg5.76455$1h3.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>):
>
> > "Mark Probert" <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message
> >> In article <rp4rns8bcg6rsht02...@4ax.com>, Ann
> >> <ann...@thecia.net> writes:
> >>

> >> I posted it...53...but technically 52. When Noah had surgery on my 50th I
> >> cancelled that birthday to deal with his needs.
> >>

> > You can do that? Just cancel a birthday? Bet my mom, who wished to remain 33
> > forever, would have loved to have known this:).
> >
> > My great-grandmother was rather creative when it came to telling her age: at
> > 81 she told everyone she was 18. However, that technique won't work for me
> > this year, since I turn 44.
> >

> > --
> > Danielle,
> > Writing from Canada
> > Visit my new web-page, view new pics of the kids, and, please, sign my
> > guest-book!! http://members.tripod.com/~dchenier/home.html
> > My ICQ # is 6463692
> > Canadian Special Education Chat Room -
> > http://members.tripod.com/~dchenier/Canspec
> > &canspec ICQ # 33710657
> >

> when I turned 39 I told everyone I was really still a teenager. I was
> Twenty-nineteen.
>
> The year I turned 40 (this year) my dad told me that it was amazing his
> daughter was older than he was.
>
> (at least he knows he acts 12)

My wife complains that I act like a 17 year old..

Ann

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
"daniellec" <danielle...@sympatico.ca> expounded:

>You can do that? Just cancel a birthday? Bet my mom, who wished to remain 33
>forever, would have loved to have known this:).
>
>My great-grandmother was rather creative when it came to telling her age: at
>81 she told everyone she was 18. However, that technique won't work for me
>this year, since I turn 44.

Well, I usually admit to 39, and celebrate anniversaries of my 39th
birthday. Last April would have been the 5th anniversary.......bad,
huh?? <G> My grandmother always did it. She made it to the 45th
anniversary.

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Patti

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
I'll be 36 in September <G>

When I turned 30, my mother told me not to tell anyone how old I was. She
didn't want anyone to know that she was old enough to have a 30 year old
daughter.

Patti R.

goddess...@my-deja.com

AlexanderDamyanovich

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
<goddess...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> In article <0B4h5.24898$5N1.8...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "Patti" <proc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I'll be 36 in September <G>
> >
> > When I turned 30, my mother told me not to tell anyone how old I
> was. She
> > didn't want anyone to know that she was old enough to have a 30 year
> old
> > daughter.
>
> My mother tells people I am her sister.

As if we need to be so preoccupied with staying young at any price, even if
only for appearance's sake (and to force our wishes onto other people,
stopping their freedom of choice in this matter for their own selves!)!!!
Don't we realize that we're all on the same one-way road and that we can't
stop our progress thereupon - besides, ageing and death have their functions
in life, otherwise why reproduce and procreate? [Truthfully, death is a
release, and one that will be very welcome in my case sooner rather than
later - better to die young and still healthy, than to have to suffer a long
time of disability and pain (though that still must remain in God Almighty's
Hands - _dare_ we force His Hand?). And yes, BTW, in 2 months I'll be 38]
--
"I run to Death and Death meets me as fast, and all my pleasures are as
yesterday" - John Donne

Ann

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
"AlexanderDamyanovich" <azda...@inetsonic.com> expounded:

>As if we need to be so preoccupied with staying young at any price, even if
>only for appearance's sake (and to force our wishes onto other people,
>stopping their freedom of choice in this matter for their own selves!)!!!
>Don't we realize that we're all on the same one-way road and that we can't
>stop our progress thereupon - besides, ageing and death have their functions
>in life, otherwise why reproduce and procreate? [Truthfully, death is a
>release, and one that will be very welcome in my case sooner rather than
>later - better to die young and still healthy, than to have to suffer a long
>time of disability and pain (though that still must remain in God Almighty's
>Hands - _dare_ we force His Hand?). And yes, BTW, in 2 months I'll be 38]
>--

I hope to live to a very old age, provided I have my health, which I
try to keep up by living a fairly healthy lifestyle. Death is not
something I want anytime soon. Then again, I don't fear aging, it's a
natural process we started the day we were born. Cronehood looks
pretty good to me :o)

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

Mark Probert

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <3983C061...@mediaone.net>, Christopher Eliot
<Empire...@mediaone.net> writes:

>> when I turned 39 I told everyone I was really still a teenager. I was
>> Twenty-nineteen.
>>
>> The year I turned 40 (this year) my dad told me that it was amazing his
>> daughter was older than he was.
>>
>> (at least he knows he acts 12)
>
>My wife complains that I act like a 17 year old..

When i get a honey-do list, I act like I am 71...

Mark Probert

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <xKMg5.76455$1h3.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "daniellec"
<danielle...@sympatico.ca> writes:

>"Mark Probert" <mtre...@aol.comxyxyxyxy> wrote in message
>> In article <rp4rns8bcg6rsht02...@4ax.com>, Ann
>> <ann...@thecia.net> writes:
>>

>> I posted it...53...but technically 52. When Noah had surgery on my 50th I
>> cancelled that birthday to deal with his needs.
>>

>You can do that? Just cancel a birthday? Bet my mom, who wished to remain 33
>forever, would have loved to have known this:).

It is only an official cancellation if you do it for someone else. ;)

>My great-grandmother was rather creative when it came to telling her age: at
>81 she told everyone she was 18. However, that technique won't work for me
>this year, since I turn 44.

44. or .44?

goddess...@my-deja.com

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <72maos0m7hrv8mu41...@4ax.com>,

In my family, we don't grow old until we're about 90. My mother is
nowhere near old. My grandmother is getting there, though. She's aged
a lot since my grandpa passed away.

goddess...@my-deja.com

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
In article <20000731091529...@nso-cq.aol.com>,

On the years that reversing my grandpa's age would make him older than
he wanted to be, he would say he was my age. He could do that, since I
was his 56th bday present.

Nessa

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

When my son was born I was 24.
My mom was 48 because she was 24 when I was born.

To realize that when I was 16 my mom was my age and I thought she was SO
OLD!.

When I turned 30 Mike looked at me in all his 6 yr old innocence and
said:

"30!! that's so old. How close to 99 is that?!?"

almost died laughing...

best story:

I have a friend who is a student with me. We are about the same age and
all the youngsters in class see us as old and wise.

We had to get together and work in groups and one of the young
whippersnappers said: I want to work with you guys cause your older.

We looked at her and said Do you maybe want to re-phrase that?

She tried: Well not old, more mature.

My friend looked and me and said "I can fake it can you?" We laughed
so hard and I remember my mom telling us that they went sledding down the
hill with their friends one nite after the kids (ages 12-15) went to
sleep. This means that my mom went sledding down a hill around 1 am in
the morning....

ah to be able to check out with her what she was like at 40.

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:00:01 -0400, goddess...@my-deja.com wrote
(in message <8m40ou$s00$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>):

--
Nessa

Mark Probert

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <8m2mb2$uk0$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, goddess...@my-deja.com writes:

>In article <0B4h5.24898$5N1.8...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "Patti" <proc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I'll be 36 in September <G>
>>
>> When I turned 30, my mother told me not to tell anyone how old I
>was. She
>> didn't want anyone to know that she was old enough to have a 30 year
>old
>> daughter.
>>

>My mother tells people I am her sister.

My cousin is 51 and has a 20 year old, nationally seeded tennis player daughter
who Columbia University is paying to attend the school for academic reasons.

In addition to those assets, my cousin and her daughter look like twins...the
kind of twins who, when they entered the reception at a family Bar Mitzvah a
few months ago, made the band stop playing just to look.

There are other stories about the 'twins', like causing a boat to run aground
when they were standing on the bow of my boat in bikinis, but that sum it up.

Julian9EHP

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Age brings wisdom. I _want_ to be wise.

E. Penrose

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <Vd8h5.2634$mv.2...@news-east.usenetserver.com>,

"AlexanderDamyanovich" <azdamya...@inetsonicMARCHE.com> wrote:
> <goddess...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > In article
<0B4h5.24898$5N1.8...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> > "Patti" <proc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > > I'll be 36 in September <G>
> > >
> > > When I turned 30, my mother told me not to tell anyone how old I
> > was. She
> > > didn't want anyone to know that she was old enough to have a 30
year
> > old
> > > daughter.
> >
> > My mother tells people I am her sister.
> >
> As if we need to be so preoccupied with staying young at any price,
even if
> only for appearance's sake (and to force our wishes onto other people,
> stopping their freedom of choice in this matter for their own
selves!)!!!
> Don't we realize that we're all on the same one-way road and that we
can't
> stop our progress thereupon - besides, ageing and death have their
functions
> in life, otherwise why reproduce and procreate? [Truthfully, death is
> release, and one that will be very welcome in my case sooner rather
than
> later - better to die young and still healthy, than to have to suffer
a long
> time of disability and pain (though that still must remain in God
Almighty's
> Hands - _dare_ we force His Hand?). And yes, BTW, in 2 months I'll be
38]

Where the heck did this all come from? I was referring to the fact that
there are good genes in our family. My grandfather always looked
younger than men 20yrs his junior. My mother does not look old enough
to have a 34yo daughter. This is being pre-occupied with staying young
at any price?

AlexanderDamyanovich

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

> In article <Vd8h5.2634$mv.2...@news-east.usenetserver.com>,
> "AlexanderDamyanovich" <azdamya...@inetsonicMARCHE.com> wrote:
> > <goddess...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > > When I turned 30, my mother told me not to tell anyone how old I
> > > was. She
> > > didn't want anyone to know that she was old enough to have a 30-year

> > > old daughter.
> > >
> > > My mother tells people I am her sister.
> > >
> > As if we need to be so preoccupied with staying young at any price, even
if
> > only for appearance's sake (and to force our wishes onto other people,
> > stopping their freedom of choice in this matter for their own
selves!)!!!
> > Don't we realize that we're all on the same one-way road and that we
can't
> > stop our progress thereupon - besides, ageing and death have their
functions
> > in life, otherwise why reproduce and procreate? [Truthfully, death is a
> > release, and one that will be very welcome in my case sooner rather than
> > later - better to die young and still healthy, than to have to suffer a
long
> > time of disability and pain (though that still must remain in God
Almighty's
> > Hands - _dare_ we force His Hand?). And yes, BTW, in 2 months I'll be
38]

> Where the heck did this all come from? I was referring to the fact that
> there are good genes in our family. My grandfather always looked
> younger than men 20yrs his junior. My mother does not look old enough
> to have a 34yo daughter. This is being pre-occupied with staying young
> at any price?

If we have to lie about our ages for the sake of a certain image, the answer
is emphatically _yes_! Why not be honest about the truth of the age - let
people be glad to see how older people can sometimes indeed look younger
than what they really are! Then it's something to rejoice in. If one
instead has to lie and freeze things in a time-capsule of sorts, something
then surely is very wrong!

--
"I run to Death and Death meets me as fast, and all my pleasures are as
yesterday" - John Donne
"The intelligentsia of a nation are not its brains but its shit!" - Vladímir
Ilyich Uljánoff-Ljéńin (pronunciation-wise)
"Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue."
Psalm 120, 2 (KJV)

"Der Mensch ist ein Abgrund!" ("Man is a chasm!") - Alban Berg, in his opera
"Wozzeck", II, 2

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <gUDh5.6121$a61.4...@news-east.usenetserver.com>,

Did I say anything about lying? No, I said my mother sometimes tells
her co-workers that I am her little sister. She does this in a
joking way. AFAIK, noone has believed her for more than the two
minutes it takes for the two of us to crack up laughing.

What I did not mention is that my two younger sisters also work there.
It is a small hospital. Everyone knows we are her daughters. Also,
everyone says that we all look like very much alike.

Have you never had fun joking around in such a manner?

AlexanderDamyanovich

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

> In article <gUDh5.6121$a61.4...@news-east.usenetserver.com>,
> "AlexanderDamyanovich" <azdamya...@inetsonicMARCHE.com> wrote:
> > <goddess...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

No, not at all!!! Seriously, I have a very poor sense of humour, especially
when it comes to receiving it from others: the malicious, sarcastic humour
is was bombarded with by my family from earliest childhood (and from which I
still suffer both via flashbacks from the past and from any contacts I still
have with my father {with whom I'm still living!} and my brother {my mother
has however been dead for 15 years, alleluia and Deo gratias indeed!!!},
both of whom I try to avoid as much as possible in consequence {they
alternate between sarcasm and brutality all too often!}) have killed it
otherwise in me. Further-more, ADD/ADHDers - among which I'm included
{though a few others have also thought of me as having Asperger's syn-drome
and even autism also present} - supposedly often can take things all too
literally!).

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <G3Fh5.6448$a61.4...@news-east.usenetserver.com>,

"AlexanderDamyanovich" <azdamya...@inetsonicMARCHE.com> wrote:
> <goddess...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
<snipped>

> > Have you never had fun joking around in such a manner?
> >
> No, not at all!!! Seriously, I have a very poor sense of humour,
especially
> when it comes to receiving it from others: the malicious, sarcastic
humour
> is was bombarded with by my family from earliest childhood (and from
which I
> still suffer both via flashbacks from the past and from any contacts I
still
> have with my father {with whom I'm still living!} and my brother {my
mother
> has however been dead for 15 years, alleluia and Deo gratias
indeed!!!},
> both of whom I try to avoid as much as possible in consequence {they
> alternate between sarcasm and brutality all too often!}) have killed
it
> otherwise in me. Further-more, ADD/ADHDers - among which I'm included
> {though a few others have also thought of me as having Asperger's
syn-drome
> and even autism also present} - supposedly often can take things all
too
> literally!).

Then I truly apologize. You will have to take a few (or more??) of my
posts with at least a grain of salt. Luckily, I grew up around my
mother's family rather than my father's. A bit of dry, cynical humor
abounds, but it's all done with a twinkle in the eye and an attempt to
keep the corner of the mouth from turning up into a smile. We love to
play. The problem we have is not one of not seeing humor in situations,
but rather one of noone else seeing the humor that we see. Tends to get
us into a bit of trouble from time to time. That goes double for my
youngest son. People don't expect that kind of humor from a 10yo.

Julian9EHP

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
>From: Nessa ne...@ix.netcom.com

>When my son was born I was 24.
>My mom was 48 because she was 24 when I was born.
>
>To realize that when I was 16 my mom was my age and I thought she was SO
>OLD!.

[ . . . ]

I was showing the preschoolers _National Geographic_. One of the pictures was
of a shriveled mummy.

One of the preschoolers said, "Eeew!"

I told him, "That was a prince who died thousands of years ago."

He thought for a moment. Then he said, "Did my mommy know him?"

Ann

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
"AlexanderDamyanovich" <azda...@inetsonic.com> expounded:

>No, not at all!!! Seriously, I have a very poor sense of humour,

That's pretty obvious, no offense meant. I joke about the anniversary
of my 39th birthday, but quite proudly admit to my real age of 44,
because I don't look it, or act it. I may get old, but I'll never
grow up!

--
Ann
ann...@thecia.net

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
In article <5eheosgeu7udhq2o9...@4ax.com>,

I refuse to get old until I'm 90. And Chewy can't get old, either. I
refuse to allow it.

Joe Parsons

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 01:36:38 GMT, goddess...@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <5eheosgeu7udhq2o9...@4ax.com>,
> Ann <ann...@thecia.net> wrote:
>> "AlexanderDamyanovich" <azda...@inetsonic.com> expounded:
>>
>> >No, not at all!!! Seriously, I have a very poor sense of humour,
>>
>> That's pretty obvious, no offense meant. I joke about the anniversary
>> of my 39th birthday, but quite proudly admit to my real age of 44,
>> because I don't look it, or act it. I may get old, but I'll never
>> grow up!
>>

>I refuse to get old until I'm 90. And Chewy can't get old, either. I
>refuse to allow it.

...and Chewy will obey because he's pu^H^HKitten-whipped? (GD&R)

Joe Parsons

Frequently Asked Questions for alt.support.attn-deficit
and other resources for dealing with attention deficit
disorder are at http://www.cyber-mall.com/asad/faq.html

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
In article <0a1fossdv9hbjnj0p...@4ax.com>,

j...@cyber-mall.com wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 01:36:38 GMT, goddess...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >In article <5eheosgeu7udhq2o9...@4ax.com>,
> > Ann <ann...@thecia.net> wrote:
> >> "AlexanderDamyanovich" <azda...@inetsonic.com> expounded:

> >> That's pretty obvious, no offense meant. I joke about the
anniversary
> >> of my 39th birthday, but quite proudly admit to my real age of 44,
> >> because I don't look it, or act it. I may get old, but I'll never
> >> grow up!
> >>

> >I refuse to get old until I'm 90. And Chewy can't get old, either.
> >refuse to allow it.
>
> ...and Chewy will obey because he's pu^H^HKitten-whipped? (GD&R)

What's there to obey? My magical powers of love and laughter will keep
him young forever. That's what he gets for marrying a goddess.

Christopher Eliot

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
goddess...@my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <0a1fossdv9hbjnj0p...@4ax.com>,
> j...@cyber-mall.com wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 01:36:38 GMT, goddess...@my-deja.com wrote:

> anniversary
> > >>

> > >I refuse to get old until I'm 90. And Chewy can't get old, either.
> > >refuse to allow it.
> >
> > ...and Chewy will obey because he's pu^H^HKitten-whipped? (GD&R)
> >

> What's there to obey? My magical powers of love and laughter will keep
> him young forever. That's what he gets for marrying a goddess.

Well, if marrying you keeps men young forever, can I at least be your friend?

goddess...@my-deja.com

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
In article <398799A4...@mediaone.net>,

Well, sure! A goddess can never have too many friends... especially a
headstrong goddess with a severe case of open-mouth-insert-foot disease.