NEW: The Warehouse TNG P/C NC-17 1/1

zoinky

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
Title: The Warehouse
(Hot Summer Night Challenge)
Author: zoinky
Series: TNG
Rating: NC-17
Part: 1/1
Codes: P/C
Archive: yes ASC, other please ask.

warehouse.

Author's note. Okay a drabble was sort of a cheap way to answer my own
challenge. This one is a little longer, and maybe a little hotter. My
thanks go to Bevster for the spelling/grammar once over and for the summer
sausage.

Paramount may own the shell, but the bird inside belongs to me.

The streets were crowded but the people walked at a slow steady pace, heads
down, too intent on getting where they were going and out of the heat to
pay much attention to what was going on around them. Beverly heaved a sigh
of relief and joined in the moving mass, hoping she would blend in with the
crowd. It was still a full day before the Enterprise was scheduled to
remove them, so she had to make it to the safe house before the local
authorities came looking for her.

This away mission wasn't supposed to evolve this way. They were simply
there to observe and report back. They weren't supposed to interact with
the population unnecessarily and they certainly weren't supposed to draw
attention to themselves or get caught.

It wasn't Arrent's fault. The vehicle that killed him was a recent
technology, not mentioned in their briefing. He had no way of knowing the
exhaust was toxic to him though it apparently left the Abshurians unphased.

Beverly had been with him when he collapsed, far enough away that she
wasn't effected, but close enough to know that he was dead before he hit
the ground. She had touched him briefly to confirm her diagnosis, and then
hurried away before the civil authorities arrived. On the crowded streets,
moving him without drawing attention to herself was not an option.

He would be examined, perhaps even autopsied, and the Abshurian's would
discover he was not one of them. When that happened, they would come
looking for her. She was in danger. So was the rest of the away team,
wherever they might be.

She turned down a side street in search of the house. She hadn't paid close
attention when Jean-Luc gave them its location. She had been on several of
these missions and nothing had gone wrong before. The street was quiet. A
group of children played in water spraying from a fire hydrant, their
mothers watching them and chatting on the front stoops. As inviting as the
water was, Beverly knew to stay clear. The mothers would certainly notice a
stranger approaching their children.

She walked several blocks further down the street. The houses giving way to
warehouses, the friendly atmosphere giving way to something dark and
guarded as the Abshur sun began to set. She felt chilled inspite of the
heat.

Beverly approached an alley she felt certain was her destination, but
blocking it was a large box with two feet sticking out. She froze,
momentarily afraid that she had discovered another dead body. If it was
reported, it would draw the police to their safe house.

She reached down and touched the leg to see if she could feel a pulse, then
jumped back startled when a warm baritone greeted her. "Surely you're aware
doctor that a more effective pressure point is located closer to the
groin."

"Jean-Luc!" she almost screamed, "You scared me. I thought you were a dead
body."

Jean-Luc crawled out of the box. Dirty and unshavened, he was dressed as a
street person. Clothes mismatched and tattered. The Abshurian had yet to
address all their social ills and an excellent way to hide was to be one of
the people no one cared to see. "Let me assure you, that appearance was
deceiving Beverly. Now what brings you here. I thought you and Arrent were
surveying the better side of town."

"Arrant is dead Jean-Luc. He was poisoned by the exhaust from one of their
vehicles. I'm certain the authorities have his body by now."

Jean-Luc's jaw tightened. He hated losing crewmen on away missions,
especially to accidents. "Were you with him? Did anyone see you?"

"Yes I was with him when he was killed, but I left immediately after I
realized he was dead. I'm not certain if anyone saw me well enough to
identify me, and I don't think I was followed here."

Jean-Luc nodded and touched a button on his cuff. The holo image of the box
and garbage cans next to it dissolved into a metal door. Opening it wide
enough to allow himself and Beverly passage, Jean-Luc reinstituted the
camouflage once they were inside. Pointing toward a set of dark stairs,
Jean-Luc lead the way.

"Welcome to your home for the next few hours." He said as they reached the
top of the stairs. The room was a large loft with banks of windows on
either side. Many panes of glass were broken, which was fortunate because
Jean-Luc wouldn't have been able to open the windows without drawing
attention to his occupation. There was a large rusty fan at one end that
squeaked as it turned limply in the slight breeze. Even if it functioned,
the building had no electricity to power it.

Jean-Luc had spread out his survival pack in one corner. Bedding and some
food, the communications equipment camouflaged as common Abshurian
electronic devices. Even if someone had penetrated his, "duck blind" they
would have trouble associating these accessories with anything other than
every day belongings. Beverly noticed he hadn't included any personal
tolietries, like a mirror, and she wondered what he had been using for rest
room facilities and decided she better not ask.

Jean-Luc grabbed up a couple of packets of survival rations and threw her
one. "There is about thirty minutes of light left, I recommend we eat now
while we can still see what the food is."

Beverly crushed the pack, activating the internal heater, the last thing
she needed right now, but still the thought of cold rations wasn't
appealing either.

Jean-Luc had torn open his pack and was wolfing down the contents as if he
actually liked the stuff. At least he was using the utensils, when looking
at the rest of his appearance, Beverly feared he wouldn't.

As Beverly watched him though, she felt there was something very basic and
primal about him in this condition. His shirt, slightly too small, was
stretched taut across his chest, actually plastered to him in some places
with perspiration. She could see his chest expand and contract with each
breath he took. His hands dirty rather than manicured, looked more
powerful. His legs? Well like his shirt, the pants were slightly too small.
They left very little to the imagination. She could see his leg muscles
flex as he shifted his position slightly. And a slight bulge proclaiming
his gender. Beverly gave herself a mental shake. He mustn't catch her
spying. There was no way she could live down the fact that she found this
piece of human flotsam extremely attractive.

She tore open her pack and stared in at the ingredients. She knew that it
was the same substance that she would get from the replicator, but somehow
packaged this way, it wasn't the same. The stew looked more like kibble for
a pet. She picked at the food, stirring it occasionally, trying to get up
the nerve to eat it.

She had only managed to choke down half when Jean-Luc tossed his empty
container into the refuse pile. "I think I better show you where the rest
of the facilities are while there is still a little light. It will make it
easier to navigate should you need to use them later."

Following behind him across the length of the loft, Beverly once again
found herself fixated on the way his muscles worked as he walked. She was
almost disappointed when he stopped and pointed to an alcove off the side
of the room. "There's not much privacy I'm afraid, but enough for temporary
measures."

She walked past him and into the alcove. He had set up an emergency toilet
and tied it into the main building line. At least it was sanitary. As for
privacy, well it was recessed, unless someone was standing opposite you in
the loft some modesty could be maintained.

She spun around and was about to tell Jean-Luc she approved, when she
realized she had turned right into him. Only inches away, she could pick up
the scent of him. A little musky perhaps, but not unpleasant, certainly
compelling. Stammering to cover her momentary lose of control she muttered,
"Uh...this will be fine."

Thankful that the growing darkness hid some of her embarrassment, she
hurried back to the corner, this time leading the way. She sat down on the
blanket and was surprised when Jean-Luc motioned to her to be silent.
"There is a patrol that comes by around this time every night." he
whispered.

Approaching the corner window, he stared out for several minutes, then
suddenly withdrew, ducking low beneath the window ledge. Almost
immediately, a light panned the area, briefly illuminating the loft as if
it was day.

Eyes wide, Beverly fought the urge to fling herself prone on the blanket,
instead freezing in place in fear that her shadow might somehow give away
their location. Then as suddenly as it had come, the light was gone.

Still crouched, Jean-Luc crossed over to her. "Stay where you are," he
whispered, "they'll be back in just a few minutes, but this time they will
check the doors."

Ears straining for the slightest sound, Beverly could swear she could hear
both of them breathing, she could almost swear she could hear their hearts
beating. Nonetheless, she was surprised when one of the doors downstairs
rattled as the police checked it to make certain it was locked. So
surprised that she jumped almost in panic. Jean-Luc put his arm around her,
both to reassure her that it was normal and to make certain that she didn't
make a sound to betray them. He seemed to be counting the steps then nodded
as another door rattled. Holding up one finger, he counted again and then
nodded. The final door was checked.

Beverly could hear the sound of the vehicle as it drove off and she
relaxed, leaning into Jean-Luc. His body was warm and his arm slightly wet.
He rubbed her arm until he was certain she had quieted down.

Moving away, he started talking in a slightly muted voice. "That should be
all for tonight, however there is a slight possibility they will make
another check in about three hours. We probably should get settled in. You
weren't able to bring anything with you when you made your escape were
you?"

Beverly shook her head no. "I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen
when we left this morning."

Jean-Luc went over to his stack of personal belongings and turned on a dim
light. Beverly realized he was about to offer her some of his clothing for
the night and quickly stopped him. "I think I will do just fine with what I
have Jean-Luc. I can make a few adjustments and I will be more
comfortable."

Jean-Luc nodded and turned toward his communications equipment. "You go on
ahead then, I'm going to try and raise the rest of the away team. I want to
warn them about what has happened and tell them to expect trouble if it
hasn't found them already."

With his back toward her, Beverly started to undress. Her outer jacket was
the first thing to go. She felt the immediate relief. The sleeveless shell
underneath could certainly double as a night shirt on a warm night such as
this and if Jean-Luc saw more of her legs than normal once her slacks were
removed, that was his problem, he would have to deal with it. Finally she
reached underneath the shell and unhooked her bra, deciding to remove the
item entirely. Drenched with sweat, it needed to dry or it would start to
chafe. Prepared for sleep, she crossed her legs on the blanket and listened
to Jean-Luc's conversation with the rest of the away team.

Grant was an experienced sociologist and Hankins an expert in computers and
communications. Together they had managed to gain access to most of the
government frequencies. They already knew that Arrent had died and that the
authorities were aware of his different biology. It just hadn't been
decided yet whether he was a freak of nature, or an entirely new species.
However, they were on the lookout for a woman with red hair that was seen
with him. The general description of which was rather vague, but close
enough that if Beverly was spotted, she would be detained for questioning.

At the moment the government had no suspicions there was anyone else
involved, so Grant and Hankins both felt they were safe, as was the
Captain. Jean-Luc however wasn't going to take any chances. He told them
both to stay in their current housing and not to leave under any
circumstances until they were removed by the Enterprise. He would contact
the ship as soon as it was in range and order it to increase speed.

Jean-Luc packed the comm equipment away and doused the light. He was so
caught up in problem of their survival that he forgot Beverly was even in
the room with him. Facing her, he started to undress. The light coming in
from the street was sufficient to give Beverly a peep show she wasn't
likely soon to forget.

First was the shirt. Peeled off rather than just removed. Light and shadow
playing across his chest. One minute highlighting the fine workings of his
well developed arms, the next displaying the tight gray curls on his chest,
now darkened with moisture. The stomach, once washboarded in his youth, now
slightly rounded with age, but more comfortable and appealing. Leaning
against the wall for support, he slipped out of his boots.

Completely unselfconscious, he unfastened his pants, removing first one leg
then the next. The clothing tossed into a pile with his shirt. His Star
Fleet discipline didn't extend to this character he was playing. Only then,
when he stood before Beverly in his undershorts did he even acknowledge her
presence. He toyed a moment with the idea of letting his hands cross in
front of him but finally allowed them to fall limply at his side. She was
his doctor and a widow, there was little he could show her she hadn't
already seen.

Sitting down on the blanket across from her he asked, "You heard the
report?"

"Yes, I was spotted and they are looking for me."

He reached over and touched her knee intending to give her moral support.
He wasn't prepared for the almost electric shock the touching of her bare
skin engendered. "We should be safe up here, but if by accident we are
spotted, there is an emergency program in the blind downstairs. We will be
cramped, but the area will support two."

Beverly nodded but didn't say anything. Her uncharacteristic silence caused
Jean-Luc to look at her even closer. As far as his peace of mind was
concerned, that was a mistake. Legs. The first thing he saw was legs, white
and smooth they seemed to go on forever. Crossed in front of her, they made
him wonder what it would feel like to have those legs locked around him.
Strong and supple holding him in place between them.

Further up Jean, look further up, he commanded himself hoping the break
that train of thought. Her light weight shirt almost translucent even in
the low light. Her breasts, he saw her breasts. Fuller now than in her
youth, but still firm. He longed to touch them, hold them in his hand.
Brush over the nipple that was partially hard even in this heat and make it
respond even further.

"Jean-Luc?"

Her mouth. He wanted to taste it, consume it, savor it. He wanted to press
his mouth against hers. He wanted to press his body against hers. Feel her
weight. Smell the essence of her and bathe himself in it. He wanted her.

"Jean-Luc? Are you okay?"

His eyes blinked, breaking his trance. "Yes. I was just thinking. We'll get
through this Beverly, I promise."

Beverly uncurled herself and stretched out on half the blanket. Jean-Luc
hadn't made any other suggestions about their sleeping arrangements.
Seconds later Jean-Luc followed suit. Beverly could feel the heat radiating
from his body, especially on her arm where her bare skin touched his.
Sleeping this close to him tonight was going to be difficult. It wasn't
just the heat, but also his presence. Swallowing hard, she stared up into
the darkness.

She could indulge herself. Create a fantasy and use his presence to make it
all that much better, make it that much more real. Or she could just roll
over and kiss him. A friendly kiss, on the cheek. No pressure, just a
pleasant good night between two old friends. She turned on her side and
propped herself up on her elbow, silently watching him for a moment. Then
she gathered her nerve and leaned over.

At just that second, Jean-Luc turned, shifting position away from her. In
frustration Beverly pulled back, turned away, presenting her back to his.
Curling up until in the limited space they shared, her back side touched
his.

Jean-Luc had been having problems with just their arms touching, that's why
he had turned. The contact of her rear against his was almost more than he
could bear. He tried scooting away, but he was already at the edge of the
blanket. His only other option was to turn and face the same direction she
was.

Rolling onto his other side he found that he was just inches from her. It
would take so little for his body to slide next to hers, spooning, fitting
perfectly. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could feel a
tightness in his groin in reaction to just the thought.

Beverly adjusted herself once again, this time taking up the precious
inches he had just preserved. She pressed up against him, snuggling deeper
until suddenly she stopped.

Jean-Luc froze, he had been betrayed by his own body.

Turning over and facing him, Beverly searched his face. Had she seen
embarrassment, she would have returned to her side and tried to get some
sleep, but all she saw was longing and desire that matched her own.

This time she leaned in, not for the friendly kiss that she had originally
planned, but for one that much more significant. His lips soft but
demanding against hers, the tip of his tongue teasing for entrance into her
mouth. It was very nice, but she wanted more. She moved closer until she
was pressed up against his bare chest. She could feel the beat of his
heart, and the heat pouring from his body.

His hands stroked her, teasing her, drawing her into him and then started
the slow climb up underneath her shirt. She didn't need it, it was much too
warm. Over her head it went and thrown carelessly to the side.

Her skin against his, the sweat from one mingling with the other, blending,
mixing. His mouth on her throat, nuzzling, caressing, his beard scratchy
matching exquisite pain with pleasure. And the heat, always the heat. His
touch almost burning as he ignited her senses.

Warm and wet, his breath against her breast. Engulfing, sucking, drawing
from her what she was more than willing to give. Hot, short, gasping
breaths to match her pulse. And more. The moisture, the sweat, the smell
and substance of love that permeated the air and called them to coupling.

The parting, the thrust, their movements rushed, heated, almost frantic,
until suddenly they were at the edge, and then over.

Quiet moments of gently panting, and parting. Calming sounds as they
reclaimed the secret sides of themselves they had shared and merged. The
blanket, wet and wrinkled beneath them, would have added to their
discomfort had they noticed, but their universe was a small one, made up of
two. Wrapped in each others arms, they didn't notice the heat, just each
other. Woven together they fell into an exhausted sleep.

A pounding at the downstairs doors brought them back into the crisis. The
police had returned. Beverly could hear them talking below.

"There was a report of a bum asleep in the alley earlier, but there is no
trace of him now."

"I'll bet you a weeks pay he's gotten into this building somehow."

Jean-Luc had rolled off the blanket and was silently throwing on his
clothes, Beverly quickly followed suit.

"No takers there. It looks like he has managed to lock himself in. Radio
headquarters and see if we can get the owner down here to unlock the place,
or ask for permission to break in."

Jean-Luc packed his belongings into as compressed an area as he could,
leaving only the comm system unsecured. Motioning to Beverly, the two of
them followed the wall of the loft until they came to the stairs leading
down to the duck blind.

Jean-Luc lead the way, pausing about half way down. Turning on his small
light he punched the buttons activating the comm unit. After a moment's
delay, they were both relieved to hear the voice of Will Riker.

"Will, we've encountered a bit of trouble down here. We need you to get the
Enterprise here as soon as you can. When you do, lock onto Beverly's homing
devices and mine and beam us up immediately. I doubt we will be able to use
the comm after this."

Beverly could hear background discussion over the link. "Captain Picard?
Data says we should be within transport range in about thirty minutes."

"Acknowledged Number One. I look forward to being on board the Enterprise
again. Picard out."

Packing up the comm system, Jean-Luc turned to Beverly, "Now we only need
to elude capture for thirty minutes. Follow me"

Silently they crept down the steps. Jean-Luc worked the mechanism on the
door and opened it just a crack. The ally was nearly pitch black and the
police were on the front side of the building. It looked as if he would
have the time he needed to reconfigure the controls on the duck-blind.

Motioning to Beverly to remain in place with the door slightly ajar, he
crawled on all fours into the box. Inside he found the panel and hit the
switch for the emergency program.

The box and cans disappeared, and a section of wall appeared on the far
side of the door. An exact match to the existing wall but protruding from
the real wall only 18 inches, it would allow two people to stand behind it
completely hidden from the rest of the world. It was only an illusion
though. It had no substance. If the police actually touched it they would
go right through.

Jean-Luc stood at the very edge and motioned to Beverly to join him.
Carefully she stepped from the hallway into the alley, but try as she
might, there was no handle on her side of the door, there was no way she
could make it close quietly. With a clang that seemed to echo through the
entire alley it sealed shut. Making a mad dash, she slid into the duck
blind next to Jean-Luc.

The police heard the commotion. They ran into the alley, their flashlights
leading the way. More than once Jean-Luc and Beverly were blinded by the
sweeping lights.

They didn't seem to notice the absence of the garbage cans and empty box,
but they were quick to notice the addition of a door they had never
checked. Using one of the tools on their belts they were able to open the
unlocked door with ease. Beverly heaved a sigh of relief as they clamored
up the stairs. Jean-Luc worried that he might have forgotten something in
his haste to vacate.

They waited for what seemed like an eternity for the police to return. The
officers came down with much less enthusiasm than when they entered. As
soon as he left the building, one of the policemen radioed into the
precinct. "We were able to enter the building through an unlocked door,
Sarge, but the suspect wasn't there. However we did find evidence that the
building had been recently occupied. We will bring it in as soon as the
building is secured."

The second officer held up Beverly's bra by its straps.

Beverly could feel herself blushing as Jean-Luc allowed his quizzical look
to drift lower and lower. Not wishing to risk disrupting the camouflage,
she didn't try to hit him, but had to settle for a hard pinch on his thigh.
Jean-Luc cringed, but didn't cry out, as the policemen returned to their
vehicle.

Seconds later, with a burst of twinkling light, the transporter retrieved
them.

****************************

Will and Deanna were waiting in the transporter room to greet them. Riker
was obviously amused at the Captain's disheveled condition and followed him
as he returned to his quarters, under the guise of briefing him.

Deanna though was equally amused by what she was picking up from Beverly.
All long the walk to Beverly's quarters, Deanna kept giving her questioning
looks until finally when they arrived Beverly demanded to know what was
wrong.

"What really happened down there?" Deanna asked.

"It was just your usual away mission." Beverly replied. "I was hunted by
the local police in hopes that they could catch me and dissect me."

"I don't mean that Beverly, I mean what REALLY happened down there."

Beverly shook her head confused. "Nothing."

"I know you're lying Beverly, besides that, you haven't looked in a mirror
recently have you?"

Beverly turned and walked into the bathroom. Her neck and all down her
chest to her breasts was bright red with abrasion. "Whisker burn" she
whispered. "I'm going to kill him."

Deanna giggled as she left Beverly's quarters. As soon as the door closed
Beverly hit her comm badge, only to find that Picard had set his for do no
disturb. Walking to the computer she left him a message. "Dinner in your
quarters tonight. 1900 sharp. And be sure to shave."

wishfu...@my-deja.com

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00

> This time she leaned in, not for the friendly kiss that she had
originally
> planned, but for one that much more significant. His lips soft but
> demanding against hers, the tip of his tongue teasing for entrance
into her
> mouth. It was very nice, but she wanted more. She moved closer until
she
> was pressed up against his bare chest. She could feel the beat of his
> heart, and the heat pouring from his body.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking when I heard Hot Summer Night! This
was smokin'. I loved the gritty scenery - makes for a nice change of
pace.

Thanks for great read at the end of a loooong day.

Cindy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Karen 8

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00

zoinky <sgtz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Title: The Warehouse
> (Hot Summer Night Challenge)
> Author: zoinky
> Series: TNG
> Rating: NC-17
> Part: 1/1
> Codes: P/C
> Archive: yes ASC, other please ask.

> warehouse.
>
> Author's note. Okay a drabble was sort of a cheap way to answer my own
> challenge. This one is a little longer, and maybe a little hotter. My
> thanks go to Bevster for the spelling/grammar once over and for the summer
> sausage.

Bwaahahahahhaha. "Whisker burn" indeed. Great story, Kath. You should
answer your own challenges more often.

Karen

Lisa3300

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
I looooved this. The imagery, the realness of the scenery and the situation P
and C were caught in. Awesome job. I bow before you oh Great and Talented P/C
goddess.

Mariel

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00

zoinky wrote:

> Title: The Warehouse
> (Hot Summer Night Challenge)

Wow. I loved the situation you threw them into and the gritty atmosphere. It
was a great story.

Thanks

Mariel

DocBevCulver

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
In article <9dNe5.12472$89.31...@typhoon-news1.southeast.rr.com>,

"Karen 8" <kf...@networktrainers.com> wrote:

> zoinky <sgtz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Title: The Warehouse
> > (Hot Summer Night Challenge)
> > Author: zoinky
> > Series: TNG
> > Rating: NC-17
> > Part: 1/1
> > Codes: P/C
> > Archive: yes ASC, other please ask.

> > warehouse.
> >
> > Author's note. Okay a drabble was sort of a cheap way to answer my
own
> > challenge. This one is a little longer, and maybe a little hotter.
My
> > thanks go to Bevster for the spelling/grammar once over and for the
summer
> > sausage.
> >

> Bwaahahahahhaha. "Whisker burn" indeed. Great story, Kath. You
should
> answer your own challenges more often.
>
> Karen

Once again, a nother TRULY WONDERFUL piece by the zoinkster. Love it,
love it, love it....You are the MASTER! :D

Doc
--
I believe we are all equal, but some are more equal then others.
Keep your mind open and your mouth shut, you will get more out of it.

thebe...@my-deja.com

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
THE ANGST BUNNIES HAVE FLED!!! :D

That was wonderful Zoinky!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bevster <always grateful for new P/C AND angstless P/C> :D

P.S. I still think it was a summer snausage she felt :D

DeeEss57

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
zoinky,

Wish I could send you feedback on this story, but my hard drive -- the one
containing this story -- died on Monday. :( It's going to be a month before
I'll be able to read it.

DES
who is *not* a happy camper