Back from ZebraCon

Dina Lerret

Oct 19, 2001, 8:55:10 AM10/19/01
My first ZebraCon. It had ups and downs but definitely worth the
trip! There were concerns about whether or not ZCon would be on this year,
considering recent tragic events but was decided terrorists were not going
to stop us from our pursuit of life, liberty, and fannish interests. Think
for some, was a good thing to enjoy spending time with friends.

Oddly enough, not one Trek panel, vid, or piece I noticed in the art show
but Oz was well-represented with two panels (missed both - go figure), art
show, vid show, party, and even a zine. :-)

Met Amirin again and we briefly reminisced about Voyager and talked about
current interests. She's still an absolute sweetie. <g> Jenny Shipp
coordinated the vid show. Knew her from when she wrote DS9's G/B. Very
nice person as well. Patient too.

Over the years, my nerves have gotten completely shot and to put vids I've
done in a major convention's vid show and sit through it... I was really
shaking (good thing the room was dark). Thankfully, Jenny once said to me
they weren't bad vids and even accommodated an unusual request. Right vid
coordinator at the right time.

Once in awhile, some things click into place. However, still on the
lookout for the right 'niche'. Haven't found It--whatever 'It'
is--yet. In the mean time, trying to have fun. :-)

Dina

--
Response I got from Meloni, asking about his chest size after seeing Oz's
'Secret Identities', which included him wearing a bra for one scene:

jat_sa...@fan.as

Oct 19, 2001, 12:55:07 PM10/19/01
--- In ASCEML@y..., Dina Lerret <redina@m...> wrote:
> Oddly enough, not one Trek panel, vid,

No, there weren't, but I thought that was just outside the con topic.

>or piece I noticed in the art show

No, but there were pieces of Trek art and Trek zines in the dealer's
room.

Jane (who had a good time too)

Selek

Oct 19, 2001, 12:55:04 PM10/19/01