Sorry

Jim Monaghan

Oct 3, 2001, 5:16:46 AM10/3/01
Sorry to keep on the subject but I thought it worth pointing out after this
weeks events and debates that David Blunkett will today be announcing new
measures to make religious bigotry and inciting religious hatred a criminal
offence on a standing with race crime.

Might have very interesting interpretations and results here in Scotland
don't you think?

bob

Oct 3, 2001, 8:53:30 AM10/3/01

"Jim Monaghan" <J...@monaghans3.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Making bigotry (of any type) illegal is one thing but how do you make hatred
illegal?

I hate posh spice for no other reason than her voice.

-bob

Andy Mulhern

Oct 3, 2001, 10:40:14 AM10/3/01
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:53:30 +0100, "bob" <nos...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> Might have very interesting interpretations and results here in Scotland
>> don't you think?
>
>Making bigotry (of any type) illegal is one thing but how do you make hatred
>illegal?
>
>I hate posh spice for no other reason than her voice.

Bobs I always knew you were an out and out Voicist. You should be
ashamed!!

Studs Murphy

Oct 3, 2001, 11:02:51 AM10/3/01
Jim Monaghan wrote in message <9pekln$t8t$1...@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>...
Might have had but apparently the Scottish Executive think that existing
laws in Scotland are adequate so most of it won't apply here. Wonder why
that is.

celticbhoy60

Oct 3, 2001, 2:09:00 PM10/3/01

"Jim Monaghan" <J...@monaghans3.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Strange thing is if someone is refused a job because of the colour of his
skin then that employer can be fined, but if someone is refused a job
because of his religion then he is committing no crime

Papa-Bear

Oct 3, 2001, 5:48:06 PM10/3/01

"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

..because they are?...because we shouldn't make laws that are unnecessary?

pb

Archangel

Oct 3, 2001, 6:28:16 PM10/3/01

Stand Up For The Champions
"celticbhoy60" <hopa...@parkhead.co.uk> wrote in message

> Except in NI
Stand Up For The Champions

---

Studs Murphy

Oct 3, 2001, 7:43:21 PM10/3/01

Papa-Bear wrote in message ...
And nothing to do with opening a can of worms that there is no real
political will to deal with?

Rossafc

Oct 3, 2001, 9:05:06 PM10/3/01

"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

Isnt Donald Gorrie liberal MSP trying to put something like through the
Scottish parliament ?

Ross
afc

bob

Oct 4, 2001, 6:46:59 AM10/4/01

"Andy Mulhern" <a_NOSPA...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

It's true I freely admit it!
Top of my voice hate list is Melanie Grithith (?) - the bird that was
married to don johnston, oh and ruby wax ...........grrrrrrr

-bob

Andy Mulhern

Oct 4, 2001, 10:54:55 AM10/4/01
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:46:59 +0100, "bob" <nos...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>> >I hate posh spice for no other reason than her voice.
>>
>> Bobs I always knew you were an out and out Voicist. You should be
>> ashamed!!
>
>It's true I freely admit it!
>Top of my voice hate list is Melanie Grithith (?) - the bird that was
>married to don johnston, oh and ruby wax ...........grrrrrrr

Thats it, bob, let it all out.....

While we're here, can I add Liam Gallacher to the list of attrocious
singing voices. And his brother to the list of attrocious
lyricists....

ronniethetim

Oct 4, 2001, 12:32:17 PM10/4/01

Andy Mulhern <a_NOSPA...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

There can be no worse than Sue Pollard. Even typing her name makes me feel
like vomiting.
--
Ronnie the Tim

Studs Murphy

Oct 4, 2001, 12:42:56 PM10/4/01

ronniethetim wrote in message
<290v7.2955$jE3.4...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>...
As a former Ready, Steady Cook fan, I can assure you that Fern Britton has
the worst voice of all. Reminiscent of Angela Ripon when she used to screech
"MASTERTEAM!".

Papa-Bear

Oct 7, 2001, 5:15:36 PM10/7/01

> Papa-Bear wrote in message ...
> >
> >"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

> >> Might have had but apparently the Scottish Executive think that
existing
> >> laws in Scotland are adequate so most of it won't apply here. Wonder
why
> >> that is.
> >
> >..because they are?...because we shouldn't make laws that are
unnecessary?

> And nothing to do with opening a can of worms that there is no real
> political will to deal with?

why do you think there is no political will to deal with it?

pb

Studs Murphy

Oct 7, 2001, 5:10:27 PM10/7/01

Papa-Bear wrote in message ...

>"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Papa-Bear wrote in message ...

>existing
>why
>> >
>> >..because they are?...because we shouldn't make laws that are
>unnecessary?
>> >
>> And nothing to do with opening a can of worms that there is no real
>> political will to deal with?
>
>why do you think there is no political will to deal with it?

Because they have passed on that piece of legislation when everything else
is "Quite right PM, yes Mr Blunkett - all pull together blah, blah."

Papa-Bear

Oct 7, 2001, 9:10:42 PM10/7/01

"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

yes, yes..but why is there no political will to deal with it in Scotland?

pb

Studs Murphy

Oct 8, 2001, 5:21:58 AM10/8/01

Papa-Bear wrote in message ...

>"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Papa-Bear wrote in message ...
>> >
>> >"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

>> Because they have passed on that piece of legislation when everything
else
>> is "Quite right PM, yes Mr Blunkett - all pull together blah, blah."
>
>yes, yes..but why is there no political will to deal with it in Scotland?

If you're driving at something, spit it out, man.

Papa-Bear

Oct 8, 2001, 1:00:23 PM10/8/01

"Studs Murphy" <Nom...@all.com> wrote in message

...just trying to find out why you think there is no political will to fight
sectarianism in Scotland - you made the statement, I'd assume you had a
reason for doing so; I'm trying to find out what that reason is

pb