congratulations

soxfan

Oct 2, 2005, 4:48:43 PM10/2/05
on a very well played game. You kicked the Pats asses. Broke the home
game win streak and scored more points than any team ever has at Gillette.
good luck with the rest of the season.

badlands420

Oct 2, 2005, 4:50:53 PM10/2/05

Thanks for your graciousness, and believe me when I say no one here thinks
today's result would have been the same had Rodney played.

Chuck D.

Oct 2, 2005, 5:21:10 PM10/2/05
Thanks, man. It took a real man to come in and say it as you did. Best
of luck to you as well... That is. Until your Pats have to come to Dago
for the AFCCG! </wishful thinking> :)

!!!GO BOLTS!!!

soxfan

Oct 2, 2005, 6:00:07 PM10/2/05

"Chuck D." <Fro...@webtv.net> wrote in message -...

well thanks........ but uhm........ well, I'm a woman. : )
and thanks for the good wishes. we're going to need them!

Chuck D.

Oct 2, 2005, 6:28:14 PM10/2/05
"And what a woman!" :)

Yeah... my bad! I just ASSumed. :)

!!!GO BOLTS!!!

Iceberg

Oct 2, 2005, 7:36:30 PM10/2/05

> well thanks........ but uhm........ well, I'm a woman. : )

In that case - just one question!

What are you wearing?

8^)

Iceberg

Savage Lizard

Oct 2, 2005, 7:43:09 PM10/2/05
"soxfan" <sox...@soxfan.com> wrote in message

Thanks. I wore my Harrison Chargers away jersey today for one of my
favorite players. Sucks for him, sucks for the team.

Savage Lizard

Rich Powell

Oct 2, 2005, 10:18:12 PM10/2/05
> Thanks for your graciousness, and believe me when I say no one here thinks
> today's result would have been the same had Rodney played.

I do.

Randall Turner

Oct 2, 2005, 10:33:31 PM10/2/05
"Rich Powell" <ri...@msn.com> wrote in message

>> Thanks for your graciousness, and believe me when I say no one here
>> thinks today's result would have been the same had Rodney played.
>
> I do.

He would have had an impact, though. We'd have still won.

Rich Powell

Oct 3, 2005, 12:57:37 AM10/3/05
>> I do.
>
> He would have had an impact, though. We'd have still won.

Of course he would have helped them. But Rodney isn't the best cover safety
and Gates would have eaten him up.

sdavmor

Oct 3, 2005, 1:21:05 PM10/3/05

Me too. Not the score, which would have been a lot closer. But the
result would have been a Bolt "W" in my illiterate ex-rugby playing
Englishman opinion. Not having Harrison and Bruschi (sp?) was big, but
even if those two are there stacking the line against the run somebody
had to cover McCardell, Gates, et al downfield, and quite frankly the
Patriot secondary never looked remotely like they figured out how to
do that.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

Lark

Oct 3, 2005, 3:44:30 PM10/3/05

I don't know about that. Rodney would have helped, but I think the
Chargers offense poses both a player and schematic match-up problem for
the Patriots. If you wanted to design an offense specifically to beat
the Pats, what San Diego has is pretty close to ideal. I think the
Pats would need both Harrison and Bruschi back to keep New England in a
position to win that game, and even then they'd need to score more than
17 points.

Unfortunately, I don't think you guys match up so well with the
Steelers D. Their approach is about the opposite of the Patriots,
other than having a 3-4 base set. It's going to be annoying if you
lose to them after they've had 2 weeks to prepare for you, and their
talky fans start thinking that proves something regarding Steelers vs.
Patriots. I'd pick them to win if money was at stake, but try not to
let that happen. Really getting tired of going to Heinz Field. Jesus.

Shawn Lambe

Oct 3, 2005, 4:50:54 PM10/3/05
sdavmor <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in news:5Md0f.72213$so3.37148
@fe06.news.easynews.com:

> Rich Powell wrote:
>>> Thanks for your graciousness, and believe me when I say no one
>>> here thinks today's result would have been the same had Rodney
>>> played.
>>
>> I do.
>
> Me too. Not the score, which would have been a lot closer. But the
> result would have been a Bolt "W" in my illiterate ex-rugby playing
> Englishman opinion. Not having Harrison and Bruschi (sp?) was big, but
> even if those two are there stacking the line against the run somebody
> had to cover McCardell, Gates, et al downfield, and quite frankly the
> Patriot secondary never looked remotely like they figured out how to
> do that.

...and Harrison doesn't make a team unbeatable - we should know.