#Guilliani thinks bread is $1.25 a loaf, milk $1.50 a gallon

3283 Dead

Apr 10, 2007, 9:33:29 PM4/10/07

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

[No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]

Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 10, 2007

Filed at 9:10 p.m. ET

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy
Giuliani hasn't done a lot of grocery shopping lately -- at least
based on his answers about the cost of milk and bread.

Campaigning in Alabama on Tuesday, the former New York City mayor
portrayed himself as a fiscal conservative and an aggressive fighter
of terrorism who has a lot in common with the Deep South state.

But when asked about more mundane matters -- like the price of some
basic staples -- Giuliani had trouble with a reporter's question.

''A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a
$1.25, $1.30,'' he said.

A check of the Web site for D'Agostino supermarket on Manhattan's
Upper East Side showed a gallon of milk priced at $4.19 and a loaf of
white bread at $2.99 to $3.39. In Montgomery, Ala., a gallon of milk
goes for about $3.39 and bread is about $2.

Giuliani was closer to the mark on the price of a gallon of gasoline.

''Gas, I think, is $2.89,'' he said

His difficulty with grocery items recalled another Republican's
supermarket run-in. In 1992, President George H.W. Bush expressed
amazement at a high-tech supermarket scanner, prompting critics to
argue that he was out of touch with average Americans. The White House
cried foul, pointing out that during a grocers' convention Bush had
been impressed by a special scanner that could read torn labels.

Giuliani attended $1,000-per-person campaign fundraisers in Mobile and
Montgomery before addressing a joint session of the Alabama
Legislature that drew an overflow crowd.

Recalling that he worked in the Justice Department in President
Reagan's administration, Giuliani said that like Reagan, he will not
change course with the political winds.

''I'll set a course and stick with it. I'll be on offense on
terrorism. I'll be a fiscal conservative. I'll lower taxes. I'll seek
private market solutions to most problems,'' he told the Legislature.

The former mayor said he talked to radio host Don Imus, who has been
suspended for two weeks for derogatory remarks about the Rutgers
women's basketball team. Giuliani said he considers Imus' apology
sincere.

''I would appear on his program again, sure. I take him at his word,''
Giuliani said.

Asked about the flying of the Confederate flag in some Southern
states, Giuliani said, ''That's a good thing to be left on a
state-by-state basis.''

Giuliani said he did not recall seeing a Confederate flag during his
day in Alabama -- even though there was a display of four Confederate
flags flying beside the Capitol.

The former mayor never mentioned his position on gay rights and
abortion that separate him from traditional Republican voters in the
state, but he said he would always be straight with voters.

''I will tell you what I believe. If you agree with it, fine. If you
don't agree with it, you have a right not to agree with it. If you
don't agree, you have a right not to vote for me,'' he said.

--
"Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government
talking
-George W. Bush, April 20, 2004

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed, http://yahoogroups/subscribe/zepps_news
For essays (please contribute!)
http:yahoogroups/subscribe/zepps_essays

--

"I am fully committed, as the administration's fully committed, to ensure that, with respect to every United States
attorney position in this country, we will have a presidentially appointed, Senate-confirmed United States attorney."

--Alberto Gonzales, committing perjury before Congress

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

Jim Alder

Apr 10, 2007, 11:55:05 PM4/10/07
3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1

&oref=slogin

> [No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>
> Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs
>
> By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
> Published: April 10, 2007
>
> Filed at 9:10 p.m. ET
>
> MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy
> Giuliani hasn't done a lot of grocery shopping lately -- at least
> based on his answers about the cost of milk and bread.
>
> Campaigning in Alabama on Tuesday, the former New York City mayor
> portrayed himself as a fiscal conservative and an aggressive fighter
> of terrorism who has a lot in common with the Deep South state.
>
> But when asked about more mundane matters -- like the price of some
> basic staples -- Giuliani had trouble with a reporter's question.
>
> ''A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a
> $1.25, $1.30,'' he said.
>
> A check of the Web site for D'Agostino supermarket on Manhattan's
> Upper East Side showed a gallon of milk priced at $4.19 and a loaf of
> white bread at $2.99 to $3.39. In Montgomery, Ala., a gallon of milk
> goes for about $3.39 and bread is about $2.

I've got a mailer here from the local Giant Eagle that has milk at $1.99 a
gallon and bread is 2 loaves for $1. Maybe Rudy is a fiscal conservative after
all.

I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
belongs to the family!"

--
The only place Al Gore conserves energy these days is on the treadmill. I
don't want to suggest that Al's getting big, but the last time I saw him on TV

Never mind his carbon footprint -- have you seen the size of Al Gore's regular
footprint lately? It's almost as deep as Janet Reno's.

The coming ass age - Ann Coulter

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 12:04:48 AM4/11/07
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:55:05 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

Doubt it. I'm not sure what milk around here goes for --I don't drink
it-- but bread starts at $2.39 and goes up from there.

> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
>they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>belongs to the family!"

Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?

With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
the shopping. With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
while shaking down local store owners for protection money.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 12:12:15 AM4/11/07

> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1
&oref=slogin

> [No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>
> Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs

I got to the Fisher's mailer and they have Nickle's bread for $1.29.
Fisherss and Giant Eagle are not the cheapest places in town by any stretch.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 12:52:10 AM4/11/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote:

Don't call me a liar, Zeppy the Pinhead. Just because lying comes as easy
to you as breathing doesn't mean the rest of us don't prefer the truth.

>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist.
But
>>they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>>owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>>belongs to the family!"
>
> Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?

He was at the time, Pinhead.

> With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
> the shopping.

The maid!? Sheesh, you ARE clueless. The cook does the shopping.

> With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
> while shaking down local store owners for protection money.

I figured Kerry didn't care how much anything cost because his wife was a
billionaire. And the media didn't care about that because Kerry was an
uberliberal.

edi...@netpath.net

Apr 11, 2007, 1:27:15 AM4/11/07
Say it. Congresscritters, congressional staffers, presidents, major
wannabe presidents, and top federal bureaucrats have no understanding
of the real America that real Americans live in throughout the
overwhelming majority of America because they themselves truly are the
Marie Antoinette class of America and have no understanding of the
world outside "Versailles" (Washington).

Foxtrot

Apr 11, 2007, 2:24:33 AM4/11/07
3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>
>[No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]

You think HagHillary ever goes to the grocery store to do her
own shopping? If she did, they'd confuse her legs with a couple
sides of beef.

BTW you libs don't know squat about running a business but it
never stopped you from trying to tell entrepreneurs how to do
business, did it?

>Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs

>MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy

>Giuliani hasn't done a lot of grocery shopping lately -- at least
>based on his answers about the cost of milk and bread.
>
>Campaigning in Alabama on Tuesday, the former New York City mayor
>portrayed himself as a fiscal conservative and an aggressive fighter
>of terrorism who has a lot in common with the Deep South state.
>
>But when asked about more mundane matters -- like the price of some
>basic staples -- Giuliani had trouble with a reporter's question.
>
>''A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a
>$1.25, $1.30,'' he said.

Dems and their shills in the media did this exact same thing to
GHW Bush because he seemed out of place at a grocery store.
Note how they didn't focus on whether or not ketchup boy knew
such mundane things.

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 7:44:51 AM4/11/07
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:52:10 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

>3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Didn't call you anything, Alderberry Whine. Getting a little paranoid
in our dotage, are we?

>>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist.
>But
>>>they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>>>owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>>>belongs to the family!"
>>
>> Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?
>
> He was at the time, Pinhead.

Oh. Well, is this 2004?

>> With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
>> the shopping.
>
> The maid!? Sheesh, you ARE clueless. The cook does the shopping.

Yeah, but then they would have to get a food taster. The cook cannot
be trusted.

>> With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
>> while shaking down local store owners for protection money.
>
> I figured Kerry didn't care how much anything cost because his wife was a
>billionaire. And the media didn't care about that because Kerry was an
>uberliberal.

You seem to forget that Kerry was a millionaire before he married.

Don't Americans ever tire of having nothing better to choose from than
vapid millionaires who inherited their wealth?

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 7:48:51 AM4/11/07
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:12:15 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

>3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1
>&oref=slogin
>>
>> [No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>>
>> Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs
>
> I got to the Fisher's mailer and they have Nickle's bread for $1.29.
>Fisherss and Giant Eagle are not the cheapest places in town by any stretch.

We sure have nothing like that out here. Have you checked prices at
the Salvation Army?

Matt

Apr 11, 2007, 8:02:08 AM4/11/07
On Apr 10, 9:55 pm, Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:
> 3283 Dead <zepp22113...@finestplanet.com> wrote innews:tleo13505685t14en...@4ax.com:

> >http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1
> &oref=slogin
>
> > [No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>
> > Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs
>
> > By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
> > Published: April 10, 2007
>
> > Filed at 9:10 p.m. ET
>
> > MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy
> > Giuliani hasn't done a lot of grocery shopping lately -- at least
> > based on his answers about the cost of milk and bread.
>
> > Campaigning in Alabama on Tuesday, the former New York City mayor
> > portrayed himself as a fiscal conservative and an aggressive fighter
> > of terrorism who has a lot in common with the Deep South state.
>
> > But when asked about more mundane matters -- like the price of some
> > basic staples -- Giuliani had trouble with a reporter's question.
>
> > ''A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a
> > $1.25, $1.30,'' he said.
>
> > A check of the Web site for D'Agostino supermarket on Manhattan's
> > Upper East Side showed a gallon of milk priced at $4.19 and a loaf of
> > white bread at $2.99 to $3.39. In Montgomery, Ala., a gallon of milk
> > goes for about $3.39 and bread is about $2.
>
> I've got a mailer here from the local Giant Eagle that has milk at $1.99 a
> gallon and bread is 2 loaves for $1. Maybe Rudy is a fiscal conservative after
> all.

I'm sure the milk is either a misprint or a big sale. Milk is
somewhere
around $3 a gallon most places. Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap
store-brand loaves for under a buck, easy.

> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
> they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
> owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
> belongs to the family!"

The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,
immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
hand...

Matt

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 8:17:34 AM4/11/07
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:24:33 -0700, Foxtrot <fox...@null.com> wrote:

>3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>
>>http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>>
>>[No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>
>You think HagHillary ever goes to the grocery store to do her
>own shopping? If she did, they'd confuse her legs with a couple
>sides of beef.

And you masturbate to that fantasy, don't you?

>BTW you libs don't know squat about running a business but it
>never stopped you from trying to tell entrepreneurs how to do
>business, did it?

Tell us again about Putsch's storied business career.

How DO you lose money on oil in Texas?

>>Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs
>
>>MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy
>>Giuliani hasn't done a lot of grocery shopping lately -- at least
>>based on his answers about the cost of milk and bread.
>>
>>Campaigning in Alabama on Tuesday, the former New York City mayor
>>portrayed himself as a fiscal conservative and an aggressive fighter
>>of terrorism who has a lot in common with the Deep South state.
>>
>>But when asked about more mundane matters -- like the price of some
>>basic staples -- Giuliani had trouble with a reporter's question.
>>
>>''A gallon of milk is probably about a $1.50, a loaf of bread about a
>>$1.25, $1.30,'' he said.
>
>Dems and their shills in the media did this exact same thing to
>GHW Bush because he seemed out of place at a grocery store.
>Note how they didn't focus on whether or not ketchup boy knew
>such mundane things.

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 11, 2007, 8:43:58 AM4/11/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Maybe Giulani doesn't drink milk either?

http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871

Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.

>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
>>they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>>owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>>belongs to the family!"
>
>Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?
>
>With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
>the shopping. With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
>while shaking down local store owners for protection money.

Ah...Zepp the racist strikes again. You think because he's Italian
that he's in the mob?

JSL

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 9:06:15 AM4/11/07

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:12:15 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
> wrote:
>
>>3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>>

>>> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1
>>> &oref=slogin
>>>
>>> [No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>>>
>>> Giuliani Off the Mark on Grocery Costs
>>
>> I got to the Fisher's mailer and they have Nickle's bread for $1.29.
>>Fisherss and Giant Eagle are not the cheapest places in town by any stretch.
>
> We sure have nothing like that out here. Have you checked prices at
> the Salvation Army?

Nope. Why don't you have your parents check next time they're down there
for band practice? ;^)

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 9:23:43 AM4/11/07

> Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote:

So when I said I had the ad right in my hand and what cost what and you
said "doubt it" and guessed at prices around you, that was what? A difference
of opinion?

But

>>> Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?
>>
>> He was at the time, Pinhead.
>
> Oh. Well, is this 2004?

It was at the time, Pinhead.

>>> With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
>>> the shopping.
>>
>> The maid!? Sheesh, you ARE clueless. The cook does the shopping.
>
> Yeah, but then they would have to get a food taster. The cook cannot
> be trusted.

No, YOU can't be trusted.

>>> With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some while shaking down
local
>>> store owners for protection money.
>>
>> I figured Kerry didn't care how much anything cost because his wife was
>>billionaire. And the media didn't care about that because Kerry was an
>>uberliberal.
>
> You seem to forget that Kerry was a millionaire before he married.

Yeah, becuuse he married another millionaire first.

> Don't Americans ever tire of having nothing better to choose from than
> vapid millionaires who inherited their wealth?

I DO get tired of Liberals pretending it's only a problem with
conservatives.

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 9:31:47 AM4/11/07

In fact, I question the milk price, since farm supports put a "floor"
on what retailers can charge. Maybe Jimmy IS lying to defend his
happless party.

>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
>> they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>> owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>> belongs to the family!"
>
>The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,
>immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
>hand...
>
>Matt

3293 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 9:36:01 AM4/11/07

Nah, he probably just drinks pussy.

Oh, that's right. It's ok when a Republican does it.

>http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871
>
>Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.

With card. I wonder how much the "card" costs.

>>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
>>>they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>>>owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>>>belongs to the family!"
>>
>>Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?
>>
>>With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
>>the shopping. With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
>>while shaking down local store owners for protection money.
>
>Ah...Zepp the racist strikes again. You think because he's Italian
>that he's in the mob?
>
>JSL

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 9:49:09 AM4/11/07
"Matt" <mattt...@sprynet.com> wrote in news:1176292927.756659.121970
@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:

Sometimes. It's regularly on sale for 98 cents a half gallon at the local
Food4Less.

> Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap
> store-brand loaves for under a buck, easy.

Nickle's is not a store brand. It's $1.29 at Fishers. Rudy was right on
the button.

Now why do I think that if Guiliani had given the higher prices, the press
would still chastize him for being 'elitist' and buying 12 grain fancy bread?

>> I love this leftwing inquisition technique to make pols look elitist.

But
>> they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>> owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>> belongs to the family!"
>
> The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,

I did argue persuasively, showing that Rudy wasn't far off on either
price. The writer, of course, goes to some fancy smancy upper east side market
and compares THOSE prices, then pretend Rudy isn't in touch with 'the common
people.'

But Gore , with five figure annual electric bills and Kerry with how many
palatial estates? Those are fine people.

> immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
> hand...

You prefer YOUR technique of denial, saying it's probably a misprint?

Lightweight.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 10:07:38 AM4/11/07

> linde...@osu.edu (Jeffrey Scott Linder) wrote:
>
>>3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote:

Better than the cocksqueeze you're drinking, Mary.

>>http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871
>>
>>Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.
>
> With card. I wonder how much the "card" costs.

I've never heard of any store charging for a shoppers card. Maybe if you
stopped living on government cheese, you would know that.

Steve

Apr 11, 2007, 10:19:07 AM4/11/07

well, there's another stupid incorrect claim from stupid Zepp...
I'll just put that with the rest of Zepp's stupid incorrect claims.

"Well, that's the funny thing about terrorists. If they get what they
want, they stop being terrorists."
--Zepp Jamieson
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=q5sc50lf1id03ms1i9truk78v2dk6052f5%404ax.com

"The South couldn't taken any more of the Missouri Compromise,
sensing (correctly) that it would kill slavery in the end,
and Lincoln planned to uphold it."
--Zepp Jamieson
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=9j2n5vsqfga7l2fsrt0polt2eg6lqs71hv%404ax.com

"The first amendment means that you are protected by law from haters."
--Zepp Jamieson
"http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&selm=an_541474719

If Nevermore tries paying cap gains with a 1040, he'll
be in jail soon enough.
--Zepp Jamieson, Dec 3, 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/30fdaff423e2029b?hl=en&

"I just found out that Condoleezza Rice, [...], the National Security
advisor, spend last evening attending a Broadway play."
--Zepp Jamieson Sep 1, 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/30ffcc5ea6364557?hl=en&

"No plane hit the Pentagon. I don’t know what did,[...]"
-- Zepp Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/39d98c910d32047b?hl=en&

"Incidently, the fact that the Constitution specifies that people have
a right to vote in a presidential election pretty much takes the
choice of having [a presidential election] out of the hands of the
states."
Zepp Jamieson Sun, Sep 3 2006
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/efb4fcac7b1561cb?hl=en&

3285 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 10:29:41 AM4/11/07

So markets are in business to lose money?

Must be some sort of Republican thang...

Steve

Apr 11, 2007, 10:35:49 AM4/11/07
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:29:41 -0700, 3285 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com>
wrote:

Don't folks like Zepp using food stamps get those shopper's cards?

Dumb shit Zepp thinks that price supports puts a floor on prices
retailers put on milk...

>Must be some sort of Republican thang...

Must be some dumbshit leftist thing...

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 10:40:29 AM4/11/07

> On 11 Apr 2007 05:02:08 -0700, "Matt" <mattt...@sprynet.com> wrote:
>
>>> I've got a mailer here from the local Giant Eagle that has milk at
$1.99 a
>>> gallon and bread is 2 loaves for $1. Maybe Rudy is a fiscal conservative
after all.

>>I'm sure the milk is either a misprint or a big sale. Milk is somewhere
>>around $3 a gallon most places. Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap store-
brand loaves for under a
>>buck, easy.
>
> In fact, I question the milk price, since farm supports put a "floor"
> on what retailers can charge. Maybe Jimmy IS lying to defend his
> happless party.

Thanks for yet another demonstration of how you manage to stay so stupid,
Zeppy the Pinhead. If it doesn't fit your rigid little world view, it must not
be true! Simple, vapid and easy. Just like Liberalism.

Give them a call, Pinhead. (330) 497-7902

You too, Matt.

I dare ya.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 10:42:49 AM4/11/07
Steve <steven...@lefties.suk.net> wrote in

Zeppy the Pinhead chooses to be stupid. Now you can see how he manages it.

Steve

Apr 11, 2007, 10:49:59 AM4/11/07
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:40:29 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

>3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>$1.99 a
>after all.
>>>
>>>I'm sure the milk is either a misprint or a big sale. Milk is somewhere
>>>around $3 a gallon most places. Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap store-
>brand loaves for under a
>>>buck, easy.
>>
>> In fact, I question the milk price, since farm supports put a "floor"
>> on what retailers can charge. Maybe Jimmy IS lying to defend his
>> happless party.
>
> Thanks for yet another demonstration of how you manage to stay so stupid,
>Zeppy the Pinhead. If it doesn't fit your rigid little world view, it must not
>be true! Simple, vapid and easy. Just like Liberalism.
>
> Give them a call, Pinhead. (330) 497-7902
>
> You too, Matt.
>
> I dare ya.

Ask them about that retail price floor too, Zepp.

Kurt Lochner

Apr 11, 2007, 11:11:26 AM4/11/07
"Semen Canyon (Ass)" <stevenca...@yahoo.com> whined about:

>well, there's another stupid incorrect claim [..]

Here's some of your own, just folks will understand your pathology..
--
Canyon <steven...@nospam.yahoo.com> Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:11:30 GMT

"I never made any claims I couldn't back up...."
--
Canyon <parkie...@nospam.yahoo.com> Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:59:42 GMT

"I don't need to back anything up, you moron, cause unlike
yourself, my self image is not dependent on what others
think about me."
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:57:10 GMT

"I have no need to demonstrate what I know,[..]"

"MY self image is very secure...."
--
Canyon <steven...@nospam.yahoo.com> Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:08:28 GMT

"[..] my ego isn't even slightly effected by what others
might think of me."
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:40:33 GMT

"A capacitor *is* an open circuit....like a transformer....
both depend on a changing magnetic field to work.."
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:57:55 GMT

"The only time capacitors are doing anything they have
significant magnetic fields, Lochner."

"[..]and now you can't find a capacitor without
magnetism, either"
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:30:14 GMT

"any and all capacitors work on the principal of magnetism...."
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:57:10 GMT

"Electromagnetic Force = a force by which objects
with electric charge attract OR repel one another"
--
Steven Canyon <Ga...@dog.soldiers> Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:57:10 GMT

"the references to capacitors in that cite had nothing
to do with my claims about capacitors,[..]"

"all electric phenomenon is because of electroMAGNETIC force"

Do you know what a Coulomb is, Crayon?
Tell us what units of measure it takes on..

Tell you what, Crayon. Tell us how much 'magnetic flux'
is generated by charging a 1.0F cap to 5.0 Volts, then tell
us about how much electrostatic force would be present..

What's the repulsive force between two charged masses of 100 Coulombs
each at a distance of 1.0 centimeter, Porkie. Now, tell us how many
Gauss it would take for a pair of magnets to repel each other with
as much force..

Put your answers right here---> _______________

_______________

Bag-O-Burgers

Apr 11, 2007, 12:14:40 PM4/11/07

"Jim Alder" <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote in message

LOL. You probably think candy bars are 5 cents.

George Grapman

Apr 11, 2007, 12:17:13 PM4/11/07
Reminds me of when Bush,Sr did not know what a checkout scanner was
at a supermarket.

Bag-O-Burgers

Apr 11, 2007, 12:19:25 PM4/11/07

> No, YOU can't be trusted.

Obviously ALL republlicans can't be trusted for christ sake.

Bag-O-Burgers

Apr 11, 2007, 12:20:24 PM4/11/07

> 3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:12:15 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>>> I got to the Fisher's mailer and they have Nickle's bread for $1.29.
>>>Fisherss and Giant Eagle are not the cheapest places in town by any
>>>stretch.
>>
>> We sure have nothing like that out here. Have you checked prices at
>> the Salvation Army?
>
> Nope. Why don't you have your parents check next time they're down there
> for band practice? ;^)

Where were YOURS, AA?

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 11, 2007, 12:28:06 PM4/11/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

You really have trouble with reality don't you Zepp?

>>http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871
>>
>>Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.
>
>With card. I wonder how much the "card" costs.

The "card" is free. In fact, if you don't have a "card" they usually
have one at the register they will scan for you. That is if you can
find someone at the register...its a union shop.

>>>Is Kerry running for President? He isn't, you say?
>>>
>>>With the Bushies, you assume they don't know because the maid does all
>>>the shopping. With Guilliani, you figure his torpedoes grab some
>>>while shaking down local store owners for protection money.
>>
>>Ah...Zepp the racist strikes again. You think because he's Italian
>>that he's in the mob?
>>
>>JSL

JSL

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 11, 2007, 12:29:01 PM4/11/07
3285 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Poor Zepp...reduced to blubbering, again.

JSL

Bag-O-Burgers

Apr 11, 2007, 12:22:19 PM4/11/07

"Foxtrot" <fox...@null.com> wrote in message

> 3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>
>>http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Giuliani-Groceries.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>>
>>[No wonder Republicans think $5.25 an hour is more than enough..]
>
> You think HagHillary ever goes to the grocery store to do her
> own shopping?

They have a Congressional cafeteria these days. This isn't 1865, Moron.
Do you think Lezzie Laura cooks for her family? hahahaha.

3295 Dead

Apr 11, 2007, 12:24:16 PM4/11/07

So while you too are jerking each other off, have you noticed that the
lowest price you could find on milk, a "strings attached" $1.99, is
still well above "Greasy" Guilliani's $1.50. And the cheapest bread you
could find other than what's on the day-old rack is $2. That a bit
above $1.25 a loaf, wouldn't you say?

Next he'll be telling us that you can buy gasoline for $1.79 a gallon...

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 11, 2007, 12:30:57 PM4/11/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Despite readily available evidence that was posted for you. You only
see what you want to see don't you Zepp? Take off the shades or pull
your head out of your ass and open your eyes.

>>> I love this leftwing inquisistion technique to make pols look elitist. But
>>> they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
>>> owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
>>> belongs to the family!"
>>
>>The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,
>>immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
>>hand...

JSL

Steve

Apr 11, 2007, 12:46:47 PM4/11/07
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:24:16 -0700, 3295 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com>
wrote:

No response, Zepp?

>>> Must be some dumbshit leftist thing...
>>
>> Zeppy the Pinhead chooses to be stupid. Now you can see how he manages it.
>
>So while you too are jerking each other off, have you noticed that the
>lowest price you could find on milk, a "strings attached" $1.99, is

The only string attached is that you can't be so fat that you can't
squeeze up to the checkout counter.... Zepp might have trouble with
that.

>still well above "Greasy" Guilliani's $1.50. And the cheapest bread you
>could find other than what's on the day-old rack is $2. That a bit
>above $1.25 a loaf, wouldn't you say?
>
>Next he'll be telling us that you can buy gasoline for $1.79 a gallon...

<OL> Dumb shit Zepp thinks that price supports puts a floor on

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 3:19:49 PM4/11/07
3295 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

You're the only jerk off in this discussion, Pinhead.

> ...have you noticed that the

> lowest price you could find on milk, a "strings attached" $1.99, is
> still well above "Greasy" Guilliani's $1.50. And the cheapest bread you
> could find other than what's on the day-old rack is $2. That a bit
> above $1.25 a loaf, wouldn't you say?

No, I hadn't noticed that, but then, as I said, this is a demonstration of
how you've stayed stupid all these years. I said that Food4Less has milk on
sale regularly for 98 cents a half gallon. That's a buck 98 for you math
majors. No strings attached. And Guiliani said 1.25 to 1.30, I believe, and I
already pointed out Nickle's bread (a major brand around here) was exactly
that, 1.29, at Fishers.

> Next he'll be telling us that you can buy gasoline for $1.79 a gallon...

They already asked that question and he got it right, too.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 3:36:41 PM4/11/07
Steve <steven...@lefties.suk.net> wrote in

They sure got quiet, didn't they?

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 3:40:44 PM4/11/07
"Bag-O-Burgers" <Gonzo-...@FoxNews.net> wrote in news:QP7Th.7690$Kd3.51
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Give them a call, dumbass. Giant Eagle; (330) 497-7902 - They'll likely
have this flier right there by the phone. Go ahead and prove me wrong,
asswipe.

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 11, 2007, 4:37:12 PM4/11/07
George Grapman <sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote:

> Reminds me of when Bush,Sr did not know what a checkout scanner was
>at a supermarket.

http://instapundit.com/archives/017637.php

Claim: During a photo opportunity at a 1988 grocers' convention,
President George Bush was "amazed" at encountering supermarket
scanners for the first time.

One of the exhibits Bush visited was a demonstration of NCR's checkout
scanning technology, an event New York Times reporter Andrew Rosenthal
turned into a chiding front page story about Bush's lack of
familiarity with the details of ordinary life in America. . . . Then
the details of the story started to dribble out. Andrew Rosenthal of
The New York Times hadn't even been present at the grocers'
convention. He based his article on a two-paragraph report filed by
the lone pool newspaperman allowed to cover the event, Gregg McDonald
of the Houston Chronicle, who merely wrote that Bush had a "look of
wonder" on his face and didn't find the event significant enough to
mention in his own story. Moreover, Bush had good reason to express
wonder: He wasn't being shown then-standard scanner technology, but a
new type of scanner that could weigh groceries and read mangled and
torn bar codes.

JSL

Shrikeback

Apr 11, 2007, 6:06:43 PM4/11/07
On Apr 11, 6:36 am, 3293 Dead <zepp22113...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:43:58 GMT, linder....@osu.edu (Jeffrey Scott
>

> Linder) wrote:
> >3293 Dead <zepp22113...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

How out of touch you are. You don't drink pussy.
I'm guessing that when the need arises, you send
one of the illegal alien servents to take care of it.

> Oh, that's right. It's ok when a Republican does it.

It's okay when anybody does it. But perjury and
obstruction of justice are only okay when Dhimmicrats
do it, evidently.

> >http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871
>
> >Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.
>
> With card. I wonder how much the "card" costs.

Probably few bucks. Spread it out over a year of
purchases, and it's nothing.

I pay at most $2.49 a gallon at Fred Meyer.
Sometimes it's 1.99, though it was edging towards
3 bucks a gallon a few years back.

And I could get the cheapo bread for a buck fifty.

Steve

Apr 11, 2007, 6:33:29 PM4/11/07
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:36:41 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

They'll both be back. I've proven both Matt and Zepp to be wrong many
times... Neither one has any shame.

Matt

Apr 11, 2007, 7:04:03 PM4/11/07
On Apr 11, 8:40 am, Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:
> 3293 Dead <zepp22113...@finestplanet.com> wrote innews:moop13lsftrlderj8...@4ax.com:

> $1.99 a
> after all.
>
> >>I'm sure the milk is either a misprint or a big sale. Milk is somewhere
> >>around $3 a gallon most places. Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap store-
>
> brand loaves for under a
>
> >>buck, easy.
>
> > In fact, I question the milk price, since farm supports put a "floor"
> > on what retailers can charge. Maybe Jimmy IS lying to defend his
> > happless party.
>
> Thanks for yet another demonstration of how you manage to stay so stupid,
> Zeppy the Pinhead. If it doesn't fit your rigid little world view, it must not
> be true! Simple, vapid and easy. Just like Liberalism.
>
> Give them a call, Pinhead. (330) 497-7902
>
> You too, Matt.
>
> I dare ya.

Um, why would I want to? I agreed that the prices were reasonable,
although around here (Colorado) that's awfully low for milk that isn't
on sale.

Matt

Matt

Apr 11, 2007, 7:10:01 PM4/11/07
On Apr 11, 7:49 am, Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:
> "Matt" <matttel...@sprynet.com> wrote in news:1176292927.756659.121970
> @y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:

> &oref=slogin

> on his answers about the>> > cost of milk and bread.

> terrorism who has a lot>> > in common with the Deep South state.

> staples -- Giuliani

> $1.25, $1.30,'' he said.

> for about $3.39 and
>
> >> I've got a mailer here from the local Giant Eagle that has milk at
> $1.99 a
> >> gallon and bread is 2 loaves for $1. Maybe Rudy is a fiscal conservative
> after all.
>
> > I'm sure the milk is either a misprint or a big sale. Milk is
> > somewhere around $3 a gallon most places.
>
> Sometimes. It's regularly on sale for 98 cents a half gallon at the local
> Food4Less.

Hm. You are lucky, around here its more like $2.79 most of the time,
sometimes 2 for $4 though. As I said, on sale, it is believable. Even
not on sale, it isn't off that far.

> > Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap

> > store-brand loaves for under a buck, easy.
>
> Nickle's is not a store brand. It's $1.29 at Fishers. Rudy was right on
> the button.

Kroger bread is around $.79 a loaf for white and wheat. Probably
depends
on the packaging.

> Now why do I think that if Guiliani had given the higher prices, the press
> would still chastize him for being 'elitist' and buying 12 grain fancy bread?

Dunno. I grew up in NY, Rudy was Mayor while I was working there back
a ways. I don't like the man, but I'd say he was at least qualified
for election.
I won't vote for him, but he's hardly a complete loser.

> >> I love this leftwing inquisition technique to make pols look elitist.

> But
> >> they gave Kerry a pass when he didn't even know how many houses and cars he
> >> owned. "No, I don't own any SUVs!" "Well, what about THAT one?" "Oh, that
> >> belongs to the family!"
>
> > The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,
>

> I did argue persuasively, showing that Rudy wasn't far off on either
> price. The writer, of course, goes to some fancy smancy upper east side market
> and compares THOSE prices, then pretend Rudy isn't in touch with 'the common
> people.'

Um, didn't say he wasn't. I doubt he does a lot of grocery shopping,
but
so what? How much does your average household breadwinner do, when
there is a non-earning spouse?

> But Gore , with five figure annual electric bills and Kerry with how many
> palatial estates? Those are fine people.

Yes, they are.

> > immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
> > hand...
>

> You prefer YOUR technique of denial, saying it's probably a misprint?

Hey, as I said, it is VERY rarely that cheap. When it is, its a huge
sale.

> Lightweight.

To each their own. You really need to learn to lighten up.

Matt

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 7:37:44 PM4/11/07
linde...@osu.edu (Jeffrey Scott Linder) wrote in news:461d46cc.458757625
@nntp.service.ohio-state.edu:

> George Grapman <sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote:
>
>> Reminds me of when Bush,Sr did not know what a checkout scanner was
>> at a supermarket.
>

> http://instapundit.com/archives/017637.php
>
> Claim: During a photo opportunity at a 1988 grocers' convention,
> President George Bush was "amazed" at encountering supermarket
> scanners for the first time.

> One of the exhibits Bush visited was a demonstration of NCR's checkout
> scanning technology, an event New York Times reporter Andrew Rosenthal
> turned into a chiding front page story about Bush's lack of
> familiarity with the details of ordinary life in America. . . . Then
> the details of the story started to dribble out.

That would be about the time the media and George Grapman lost interest,
I'll wager?

> Andrew Rosenthal of
> The New York Times hadn't even been present at the grocers'
> convention. He based his article on a two-paragraph report filed by
> the lone pool newspaperman allowed to cover the event, Gregg McDonald
> of the Houston Chronicle, who merely wrote that Bush had a "look of
> wonder" on his face and didn't find the event significant enough to
> mention in his own story. Moreover, Bush had good reason to express
> wonder: He wasn't being shown then-standard scanner technology, but a
> new type of scanner that could weigh groceries and read mangled and
> torn bar codes.

Liberals and the liberal media delight in trying to make conservatives seem
'out of touch' with the common man. But let a guy pay 20 grand a year in light
bills or not know what cars he owns and he gets a free ride, as long as he's a
liberal, too.

Jim Alder

Apr 11, 2007, 11:29:28 PM4/11/07
"Matt" <mattt...@sprynet.com> wrote in news:1176332643.744150.263320
@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Well, to be accurate you said you were sure it was "either a misprint or a
big sale." I in fact found several places with similar prices, some sales,
some not.

Jim Alder

Apr 12, 2007, 12:07:42 AM4/12/07
"Matt" <mattt...@sprynet.com> wrote:

> Jim Alder <jimal...@ssnet.com> wrote:

Agreed. This is just another Leftwing media sneak attack on a conservative.
Actually I checked D'agostinos website and they had milk for 49 cents a quart.

>> > Bread? Sure, you can get the cheap store-brand loaves for under a buck,
>> > easy.
>>
>> Nickle's is not a store brand. It's $1.29 at Fishers. Rudy was right on
>> the button.
>
> Kroger bread is around $.79 a loaf for white and wheat. Probably
> depends on the packaging.

Don't have Krogers around here

>> Now why do I think that if Guiliani had given the higher prices, the
press
>> would still chastize him for being 'elitist' and buying 12 grain fancy
>> bread?
>
> Dunno. I grew up in NY, Rudy was Mayor while I was working there back
> a ways. I don't like the man, but I'd say he was at least qualified
> for election.
> I won't vote for him, but he's hardly a complete loser.

High praise indeed! <G> Personally it's too soon for me to decide. The fact
the Left is so scared of him - trying all these lame sabotage techniques
already - says good things about him.

>> > The right-wing approach .. if you can't argue persuasively,
>>
>> I did argue persuasively, showing that Rudy wasn't far off on either
>> price. The writer, of course, goes to some fancy smancy upper east side
market
>> and compares THOSE prices, then pretend Rudy isn't in touch with 'the
common
>> people.'
>
> Um, didn't say he wasn't. I doubt he does a lot of grocery shopping,
> but
> so what? How much does your average household breadwinner do, when
> there is a non-earning spouse?

Such a poll of average men would be counterproductive to the leftwing
media's attempt to isolate Rudy from the voters.

>> But Gore , with five figure annual electric bills and Kerry with how
many
>> palatial estates? Those are fine people.
>
> Yes, they are.

Are you deliberately ignoring the hypocrisy represented here? If you don't
share it, good for you, but you should at least acknowledge the problem.

>> > immediately attack something that has nothing to do with the issue at
>> > hand...
>>
>> You prefer YOUR technique of denial, saying it's probably a misprint?
>
> Hey, as I said, it is VERY rarely that cheap. When it is, its a huge
> sale.

Actually I see it that price most of the time.

>> Lightweight.
>
> To each their own. You really need to learn to lighten up.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but Zeppy the Pinhead is a
pathological liar and leftwing nincompoop.

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 12, 2007, 8:38:31 AM4/12/07
"Shrikeback" <hewpi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

As I said earlier. The card costs nothing and most cashiers have on
at the ready.

>I pay at most $2.49 a gallon at Fred Meyer.
>Sometimes it's 1.99, though it was edging towards
>3 bucks a gallon a few years back.
>
>And I could get the cheapo bread for a buck fifty.

JSL

3293 Dead

Apr 12, 2007, 9:21:52 AM4/12/07

And yet, even with this card (which you MUST have in order to buy the
bread), the cost is STILL over half again what the out-of-touch
Guilliani guessed the price of a typical loaf of bread might be.

And of course, many of us prefer to be able to buy a loaf of bread
without having to flash an ID giving us permission from the store
owner to actually purchase the bread for two bucks.

--

"I am fully committed, as the administration's fully committed, to ensure that, with respect to every United States
attorney position in this country, we will have a presidentially appointed, Senate-confirmed United States attorney."

--Alberto Gonzales, committing perjury before Congress

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

Steve

Apr 12, 2007, 9:51:22 AM4/12/07

....and the out-of-touch Zepp thinks "farm supports put a "floor"

on what retailers can charge."

>And of course, many of us prefer to be able to buy a loaf of bread

>without having to flash an ID giving us permission from the store
>owner to actually purchase the bread for two bucks.

Nobody really cares what you prefer Zepp...

Shrikeback

Apr 12, 2007, 11:58:00 AM4/12/07
On Apr 12, 6:21 am, 3293 Dead <zepp22113...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:38:31 GMT, linder....@osu.edu (Jeffrey Scott
>

> Linder) wrote:

Does anybody really expect a politician (or any
celebrity) to do their own shopping?

> And of course, many of us prefer to be able to buy a loaf of bread
> without having to flash an ID giving us permission from the store
> owner to actually purchase the bread for two bucks.

Everybody has these cards now. Safeway, Alberton's,
IGA, and Fred Meyer. I hate filling out the application
to get them. Fortunately, Safeway will let you just
put in a phone number. The whole point of the free cards
is to keep track of their consumers. The hell with that.
Why should I go through the labor of filling out a form
just to make their marketing easier?

Steve

Apr 12, 2007, 12:15:53 PM4/12/07
On 12 Apr 2007 08:58:00 -0700, "Shrikeback" <hewpi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Especially since usually the checkout person has a card to run
through... I do most all of my grocery shopping at either Publix or
Walmart. Neither one plays the discount card game.

Bill Bonde

Apr 12, 2007, 3:12:09 PM4/12/07

Jeffrey Scott Linder wrote:

> 3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:55:05 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>3283 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> http://greatlakes.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=871
>
> Kroger has milk for $1.99 gallon now as well.

The fact that you can find milk for $4 a gallon doesn't mean you can't
also find it for $1.99. I've seen as low as $1.89 actually. $1.50 is a
bit too low to believe. On the bread, $1.25 or $1.30 isn't impossible. I
haven't seen it that recently, but I think that Fred Meyer was at 4
loaves for a dollar for white or wheat bread. I know they had 3 loaves
for a dollar on sale in the last year. Of course you could find better
bread for more, well, bread.

Bill Bonde

Apr 12, 2007, 3:25:57 PM4/12/07

Sign up for the card claiming you are Kort Vonnegoot.

Jim Alder

Apr 12, 2007, 5:59:53 PM4/12/07
Bill Bonde <tributyl...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:461E8489.5B904E70
@yahoo.co.uk:

The gist here, that several of us have pretty much beaten into the ground,
is that the press staged a little game of "The Price is Right" in order to
make a conservative rich guy seem out of touch with the common man. Trouble
was, he did about as well as most married men would probably do, give or take
four bits. So the press found some upscale prices at a Upper East Side Market
and decided he was elitest anyway.

3293 Dead

Apr 12, 2007, 10:47:04 PM4/12/07
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:59:53 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

And yet, for all your whining, the best you can do is bread on sale
with strings attached for over half again what Guilliani thought a
typical loaf of bread might cost. And you claim to have seen bread on
sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
next day.

> The gist here, that several of us have pretty much beaten into the ground,
>is that the press staged a little game of "The Price is Right" in order to
>make a conservative rich guy seem out of touch with the common man. Trouble
>was, he did about as well as most married men would probably do, give or take
>four bits. So the press found some upscale prices at a Upper East Side Market
>and decided he was elitest anyway.

Guilliani IS out of touch. He's a gangster, and hasn't worked for a
living in years.

Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Apr 13, 2007, 2:26:08 AM4/13/07

I found bread at the Fred Meyer just a couple of hours ago, it cost $.75
and $.79. I think you are nuts. The bread didn't have nuts.

> And you claim to have seen bread on
> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
> next day.

Nope.

> > The gist here, that several of us have pretty much beaten into the ground,
> >is that the press staged a little game of "The Price is Right" in order to
> >make a conservative rich guy seem out of touch with the common man. Trouble
> >was, he did about as well as most married men would probably do, give or take
> >four bits. So the press found some upscale prices at a Upper East Side Market
> >and decided he was elitest anyway.
>
> Guilliani IS out of touch. He's a gangster, and hasn't worked for a
> living in years.

Why do you think knowing the price bread has anything to do with working
for a living? And the man is rich, you know like everyone else running
for office, so why should he care about the cost of bread. And, and this
is important, it's not like he wasn't pretty right. I've found bread for
$.75. That was right now, not the 4 for a buck thing that was a sale.

--

Personally, I believe that 9/11 should have taught us the lesson that we
can't let these countries simmer endlessly in disillusionment without

Jim Alder

Apr 13, 2007, 2:52:21 AM4/13/07

> Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>wrote:

>>Bill Bonde <tributyl...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Your pathetic attempts to read big boy writing are getting embarrassing,
Pinhead. I cited one store with 2 loaves for a dollar and another with
Nickle's bread at 1.29 a loaf, which is exactly what Guiliani said; "$1.25,
$1.30."

> And you claim to have seen bread on
> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
> next day.

No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly moron
who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.

>> The gist here, that several of us have pretty much beaten into the
ground,
>> is that the press staged a little game of "The Price is Right" in order
>>make a conservative rich guy seem out of touch with the common man. Trouble
>>was, he did about as well as most married men would probably do, give or
take
>>four bits. So the press found some upscale prices at a Upper East Side
Market
>>and decided he was elitest anyway.
>
> Guilliani IS out of touch. He's a gangster, and hasn't worked for a
> living in years.

You're a cut and paste idiot who hasn't had an original thought in time
immemorial.

3293 Dead

Apr 13, 2007, 8:03:45 AM4/13/07
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:52:21 -0500, Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com>
wrote:

But he thought that was the typical price, Alderberry Whine. Do you
really think a well-heeled mobster like Guilliani goes prowling around
the markets, looking for three-day old bread?

>> And you claim to have seen bread on
>> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
>> next day.
>
> No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
>RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
>your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly moron
>who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.

So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are. You really are a
moron, Alderberry Whine.

So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think
people are finding it at $1.50.

How about two bedroom apartments for $600 a month? Bet if you really
look, you can find some of those. Hamburger at 89 cents. Bet there's
a store with a sale somewhere.

And that would tell us all that everyone making $5.25 an hour is
overpaid, right, Alderberry Whine?

--

"I am fully committed, as the administration's fully committed, to ensure that, with respect to every United States

Jim Alder

Apr 13, 2007, 10:19:11 AM4/13/07

> Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote:

Again, you have more than enough trouble reading and retaining what is
actually before you, Pinhead. Stop trying to read between the lines. Nothing
in the article quotes the question he was asked. You have no idea what he
'thought.'

But why don't you give us all a laugh and go shopping with mommy and see
if you can find milk for $4.19. That's what your liberal idiot media found for
a price to compare with Guiliani's estimate, and it's easily a dollar or more
above ANY price I've seen. Meanwhile Guiliani was less than 50 cents off.

> Do you
> really think a well-heeled mobster like Guilliani goes prowling around
> the markets, looking for three-day old bread?

Your tedious repetition of the gangster accusation, combined with your lie
that my prices were for old products are a clear indication that you know
you've lost the argument and are now merely being your irritating self in
hopes of driving the adults out rather than admit you're wrong.

>>> And you claim to have seen bread on
>>> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
next
>>> day.
>>
>> No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
>>RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
>>your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly
moron
>>who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.
>>
> So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are.

Like everything else about you, they're obvious.

> You really are a
> moron, Alderberry Whine.

Hmmm, I guess that 'takes one to know one' saw isn't true after all.

> So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think
> people are finding it at $1.50.

Let me know when you find it for 4.20.

Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Apr 13, 2007, 12:51:47 PM4/13/07

$1.30 *is* a typical price for nothing fancy just your basics bread.

> >> And you claim to have seen bread on
> >> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
> >> next day.
> >
> > No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
> >RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
> >your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly moron
> >who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.
> >
> So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are. You really are a
> moron, Alderberry Whine.
>
> So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think
> people are finding it at $1.50.

I found $1.89. So he's off by how much?

> How about two bedroom apartments for $600 a month? Bet if you really
> look, you can find some of those. Hamburger at 89 cents. Bet there's
> a store with a sale somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that Burger King has their Whopper Jr on the dollar
menu. Is that close enough to 89 cents?

3295 Dead

Apr 13, 2007, 1:26:19 PM4/13/07

Bread optional, right?

>>> No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
>>> RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
>>> your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly moron
>>> who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.
>>>
>> So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are. You really are a
>> moron, Alderberry Whine.
>>
>> So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think
>> people are finding it at $1.50.
>>
> I found $1.89. So he's off by how much?

50%

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 13, 2007, 2:59:20 PM4/13/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Where do you get that? I never priced bread at Kroger.
Why is it important for a politician to know what the price of a loaf
of bread is at a particular market?

>And of course, many of us prefer to be able to buy a loaf of bread
>without having to flash an ID giving us permission from the store
>owner to actually purchase the bread for two bucks.

No need to flash an ID Zepp....but then that's your choice. Pay more
if you like...but that doesn't change the price of what someone elses
chooses to pay.

But keep trying to twirl your way out of another morass spawned from
your own idiocy.

Jim Alder

Apr 13, 2007, 2:56:50 PM4/13/07

> Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:

As you can see, Bill, the Pinhead is in 'full denial/ respond with
gibberish' mode. It's how he stays so stupid.

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 13, 2007, 3:06:33 PM4/13/07
3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

EXACTLY!! Why should he know the price of a loaf of bread if YOU
don't even expect him to shop for groceries?

You gotten your panties in such a twist you are now arguing with
yourself. Moron.

>>> And you claim to have seen bread on
>>> sale for far less, although if true, I suspect the expiry date was the
>>> next day.
>>
>> No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
>>RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
>>your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly moron
>>who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.
>>
>So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are. You really are a
>moron, Alderberry Whine.
>
>So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think
>people are finding it at $1.50.

What does it matter?

>How about two bedroom apartments for $600 a month?

You can find them here.

>Bet if you really look, you can find some of those.

Depends where you live.

http://www.apartments.com/partner/Results.aspx?page=results&state=oh&partner=google&rgn4=69&area3=y&subarea4=y&prvpg=5&Rent_Minimum=0&Rent_Maximum=600&twobdrm=0

>Hamburger at 89 cents. Bet there's
>a store with a sale somewhere.
>
>And that would tell us all that everyone making $5.25 an hour is
>overpaid, right, Alderberry Whine?

I don't think he's said that...but don't let the facts get in the way
of a good rant.

>>ground,
>>take
>>Market
>>>
>>> Guilliani IS out of touch. He's a gangster, and hasn't worked for a
>>> living in years.
>>
>> You're a cut and paste idiot who hasn't had an original thought in time
>>immemorial.

JSL

Jim Alder

Apr 13, 2007, 10:03:58 PM4/13/07
linde...@osu.edu (Jeffrey Scott Linder) wrote in news:461fd393.625729718
@nntp.service.ohio-state.edu:

> 3293 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>> Jim Alder <jima...@ssnet.com> wrote:

>>> Your pathetic attempts to read big boy writing are getting
embarrassing,
>>>Pinhead. I cited one store with 2 loaves for a dollar and another with
>>>Nickle's bread at 1.29 a loaf, which is exactly what Guiliani said; "$1.25,
>>>$1.30."
>>
>>But he thought that was the typical price, Alderberry Whine. Do you
>>really think a well-heeled mobster like Guilliani goes prowling around the
>>markets, looking for three-day old bread?
>
> EXACTLY!! Why should he know the price of a loaf of bread if YOU
> don't even expect him to shop for groceries?
>
> You gotten your panties in such a twist you are now arguing with
> yourself. Moron.

If you're thinking that Zeppy the Pinhead is suffering from 'multiple
personalities' you're mistaken. He still doesn't have the FIRST one yet.

>>> No, you don't suspect anything of the kind. If you did, you would have
>>>RUSHED to the phone to call the number I gave you so you could, for once in
>>>your fathead life, prove me wrong. You didn't because you're a cowardly
moron
>>>who prefers to stay in the dark in your mommy's basement.
>>>
>>So now you try to tell me what my suspicions are. You really are a
>>moron, Alderberry Whine.
>>
>>So how's the search for cheap-o milk coming along? Do you think people are
>>finding it at $1.50.
>
> What does it matter?

It doesn't matter. It's just the Liberal media at it again, trying to
sabotage conservative candidates any way they can. And since they CAN'T do it
on the issues (since the media doesn't understand them), they fabricate these
silly 'tests' to try to make them look 'elitist.'

>>How about two bedroom apartments for $600 a month?
>
> You can find them here.
>
>>Bet if you really look, you can find some of those.
>
> Depends where you live.
>
> http://www.apartments.com/partner/Results.aspx?
page=results&state=oh&partner=google&rgn4=69&area3=y&subarea4=y&prvpg=5
&Rent_Minimum=0&Rent_Maximum=600&twobdrm=0

>>Hamburger at 89 cents. Bet there's
>>a store with a sale somewhere.
>>
>>And that would tell us all that everyone making $5.25 an hour is
>>overpaid, right, Alderberry Whine?
>
> I don't think he's said that...but don't let the facts get in the way
> of a good rant.

Of course I didn't say that, and he knows it. He also knows he's lost any
chance of winning this argument he started. Hence the gibberish and non
sequiturs.

Shrikeback

Apr 14, 2007, 4:52:29 AM4/14/07
On Apr 12, 12:25 pm, Bill Bonde <tributyltinpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Shrikebackwrote:

You are onto something there. Maybe I'll use Carl
Marks if I ever actually feel like filling one of those
out.

Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Apr 14, 2007, 3:18:53 PM4/14/07

Everyone should have at least 50 of each store's card all with different
information on them. Cards should be exchanged with other shoppers
regularly. Cards should also be given to hoboes looking for a ride on
the next out of town freight train.