Dean on Wikipedia, part 2

1 view

Modemac

Apr 30, 2007, 8:38:10 AM4/30/07
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_April_30

Someone is trying to resurrect the attempt to create an article on Bob
Dean, using the same arguments they used in the discussion last
August. Come on over and take a look.

Don't worry, it's NOT necessary to give long, detailed histories of
the Church of the SubGenius' achievements and publications vs. Dean's
glorious history here. The arguments speak for themselves.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

Message has been deleted

Modemac

Apr 30, 2007, 12:29:55 PM4/30/07
Dean was just not "notable" enough to meet Wikipedia's standards for
an article. Take away the made-up crap he tells about himself, and
you have a lone kook who ran a short-lived radio talk show nearly 20
years ago, produced two independent music CDs, and occasionally had an
underground zine article published about himself. His biggest claim
to fame is that he stole from "Bob" and Stang.

Stang, on the other hand, has taken the brunt of "Bob's" abuse for
nearly 30 years, and has been at the cusp of a worldwide movement of
freaks and weirdos known on at least five of the world's seven
continents - North and South America, Europe, Asia (Japan), and
Australia, with celebrity members and mentions everywhere from Time
magazine to numerous books. In addition, Stang's books are widely
available, on Amazon and otherwise. By Wikipedia standards, that
makes him "notable."

Message has been deleted

Legume

Apr 30, 2007, 1:04:24 PM4/30/07
Modemac wrote:

>with celebrity members

I been around for almost 2 decades and I never seen no fuckin' celebrity
SubGs.

Rev. Ivan Stang

Apr 30, 2007, 1:10:36 PM4/30/07

ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, I'LL PUT YOU BACK ON THE LIST, since you insist
on being such a big crybaby about it. 5 years ago you were all, "I
don't fuckin' care about Brad fuckin' Pitt, you can go kiss those
Hollywood asses with your own lips, SELL-OUT" and now you're all
"nobody ever invites me to the GOOD parties anymore." I'm damned if I
do and damned if I don't.

Rich Clark, aka Left Rev Egg Plant, ULC, CotSG

Apr 30, 2007, 1:16:54 PM4/30/07
IMBJR wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2007 05:38:10 -0700, in reply to Modemac
> <mod...@gmail.com>:

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_April_30
>>
>> Someone is trying to resurrect the attempt to create an article on Bob
>> Dean, using the same arguments they used in the discussion last
>> August. Come on over and take a look.
>>
>> Don't worry, it's NOT necessary to give long, detailed histories of
>> the Church of the SubGenius' achievements and publications vs. Dean's
>> glorious history here. The arguments speak for themselves.
>
> Playing Gerbil's Avocado here: but if Stang has an entry, why not Dean
> - not notable enough, or only as a (potentially libellous) footnote to
> the SubG article?

Dean's a weenie trying to glom ideas off Stang or any other sentient
life form near him in an attempt to get famous. Fuck him.

sibu SODDI

Apr 30, 2007, 2:58:04 PM4/30/07

"IMBJR" <im...@NOSPUM.com> wrote:

> Playing Gerbil's Avocado here: but if Stang has an entry, why not Dean
> - not notable enough, or only as a (potentially libellous) footnote to
> the SubG article?

Well, YOUR body of work is larger, of more quality and more influential than Dean's...
howcum YOU don't have a Wikipedia entry?

Server 13

Apr 30, 2007, 3:25:05 PM4/30/07
I accidentally found a cut from one of those CDs on Napster back around
2001. He rambles on about SubGenius, makes up fake definitions for it (the
subgenius is 'studying the effects of the genius', lol), talks about Xists,
etc. Basically he ripped off everything the early Subs thought of that he
thought he could make sound intellectual, and did a radio show. He's a
Stang wannabe with a grudge and has used his spiel to defraud musicians
(Negativland, for one) and interviewers.

If he tried that shit now, he'd be in trademark violation. As it is, when
one knows the background, it's just mildly nauseating, kind of like looking
at a street person with open sores - Dean is the intellectual equivalent.

He claims to show up at X-days, but I suspect that's just trolling. If I
make it, I might be distributing xeroxed wallet-sizers of his aging puss
just in case. =)

"Modemac" <mod...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Pope Philistine... ...or Something

Apr 30, 2007, 3:28:54 PM4/30/07

Hey You! just keep Europe out of this, will ya?

Modemac

Apr 30, 2007, 3:31:19 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 3:28 pm, "Pope Philistine... ...or Something"

<pope_phil_mi...@normal-restrictions-apply.com> wrote:
> Hey You! just keep Europe out of this, will ya?

Sorry, you're stuck with Pope Black.

Message has been deleted

Rev. Ivan Stang

Apr 30, 2007, 3:50:28 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 3:25 pm, "Server 13" <i...@casual.com> wrote:

> He claims to show up at X-days, but I suspect that's just trolling.

Yeah, and he prevented World War III too.

-- CAN YOU PROVE HE DIDN'T??!?

>If I
> make it, I might be distributing xeroxed wallet-sizers of his aging puss
> just in case. =)

If he was there he sure must not have been paying much attention,
because even after all those Drills he never learned how to
distinguish between the event's name and the location's name. On
alt.slack he claimed repeatedly to have snuck into "...all of the
Brushwoods" (sic).

Amos Happ

Apr 30, 2007, 4:32:38 PM4/30/07
celebrity-wise, I met David Byrne at an exhibit of his photography
once, around 1996 or 97- he was a real class act. I greeted him with
something like

"I heard you're on the saucers, too! What are you doing betwen now
and '98?"

and He said something like

"I'm just really looking forward to it."

then we talked about the church for a minute, and he was gracious
enough to take a picture of me and a friend, (with his thumb in the
corner.)

I wish I could remember more about it, but mr. byrne was definitely
aware of X-day and "Bob." The reason I asked, aside from a natural
desire to save a fellow yetinsyn, was the story about "Bob" being in
True Stories at one point.

Is that a true story, btw?

Rev. Ivan Stang

Apr 30, 2007, 5:02:25 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 4:32 pm, Amos Happ <donna...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I wish I could remember more about it, but mr. byrne was definitely
> aware of X-day and "Bob." The reason I asked, aside from a natural
> desire to save a fellow yetinsyn, was the story about "Bob" being in
> True Stories at one point.
>
> Is that a true story, btw?

The revival scene with the song "Puzzling Evidence" was originally
going to involve me on collage and David N. Meyer on stage (not to
mention BoSG lyrics and Puzzling Evidence's name) ... but then Byrne
got funded. With actual real Hollywood money. And well you know. Track
records and who knows who and so on. We didn't know the right Whos in
Whoville apparently. Byrne had bought 2 memberships and traded videos
with me a year or so earlier. And he knew G. Gordon Gordon from
certain backstage... discussions.

Unclaimed Mysteries

Apr 30, 2007, 5:07:40 PM4/30/07

Frop, of course.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Rev. Ivan Stang

Apr 30, 2007, 5:14:10 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 5:07 pm, Unclaimed Mysteries
<the_letter_k_and_the_numeral_4_...@unclaimedmysteries.net> wrote:

> Frop, of course.

I am not at liberty and were I, I would not be.

Pope Philistine... ...or Something

Apr 30, 2007, 5:26:09 PM4/30/07

you have made me weep

Legume

Apr 30, 2007, 5:56:26 PM4/30/07
Rev. Ivan Stang wrote:

> ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, I'LL PUT YOU BACK ON THE LIST, since you insist
> on being such a big crybaby about it. 5 years ago you were all, "I
> don't fuckin' care about Brad fuckin' Pitt, you can go kiss those
> Hollywood asses with your own lips, SELL-OUT" and now you're all
> "nobody ever invites me to the GOOD parties anymore." I'm damned if I
> do and damned if I don't.

I STILL don't care about your has-been nobody "celebrity" friends. You
just keep sniffing your lines of Special K off Billy-Bob Thornton's dick
and call me when a REAL celebrity joins.

If this Church was worthy of HALF the shit you claim, we'd be partying
with DRACULA.

But NO. You gotta make your fake-ass cult rapture happen at 7 AM when
Dracula CAN'T EVEN ATTEND. Even a second-stringer like the Wolf Man turns
back into a boring old Jew before then. Why should they invite us to
THEIR parties when they can't come to OURS. Any DECENT fake-ass cult
rapture would happen at midnight when we're all good and DRUNK.

This Church MIGHT someday merit a member as famous as Frankenstein's
monster, but big fuckin' deal. He throws shitty parties; chicks hate him,
he's uglier than the mental picture of Leonard the Committed in a sweaty
nude embrace with Rocknar, and he's almost as retarded as Muhammed-Ali.

And he smells really bad.

He'd fit right in at Brushwood.
--

Legume
"Better to light a fuse than curse the darkness"

Message has been deleted

Unclaimed Mysteries

Apr 30, 2007, 6:15:02 PM4/30/07
Amos Happ wrote in part:

> celebrity-wise, I met David Byrne at an exhibit of his photography
> once, around 1996 or 97- he was a real class act.

Results vary. Apparently you caught him on a good day. I think we just
gotta accept that some people don't make consistently graceful
celebrities. For instance, several years ago Stang keyed my truck,
smeared feces on the windshield, threw a can of Luck's Beans and an
umbrella at me, and fired a bazooka at the chapel where I was attending
the funeral of a loved one. All because I slipped up ONCE and called him
"Arnold" in a fan letter.

Say what you will about David Byrne, but he puts his money where his
mouth is. He still streams his personal favorites through his web site,
and in a recent blog spurt against the proposed internet radio extortion
- I mean, royalty fee structure, he cops to spending about $2k/mo. on
bandwidth. Two thousand dollars is two thousand dollars, I don't care
who you are.

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2007/04/4107_your_gover.html

http://www.savenetradio.org/

However, David Byrne's championing of PowerPoint as an art medium is
almost unforgivable, and come X-Day it will at the very least mean a
seating downgrade on the Pleasure Saucers to "cubicle class."

purple

Apr 30, 2007, 11:34:14 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 6:15 pm, Unclaimed Mysteries

BOB: Yes, I was the only one who had the skills to skewer him when he
presented that case in Manhattan 3 years ago at the annual McLuhan
Lecture sponsored by the Canadian Consulate and NYU.

Meanwhile, amaze this:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/disambiguatebob.com/

The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Amos Happ

May 1, 2007, 2:36:34 AM5/1/07
sort of ironic that the church's discernment of the conspiracy made it
perfect for that puzzling evidence scene which made it essential that
the conspiracy prevent said discernment from making the scene.

As a consolation, I'm pretty sure that "Mike Wallace wants my body" is
in the botsg somewhere.

RevNickie

May 1, 2007, 9:59:13 AM5/1/07
On Apr 30, 4:56 pm, Legume <n...@yerbiz.com> wrote:

> If this Church was worthy of HALF the shit you claim, we'd be partying
> with DRACULA.

> This Church MIGHT someday merit a member as famous as Frankenstein's
> monster, but big fuckin' deal. He throws shitty parties; chicks hate him,
> he's uglier than the mental picture of Leonard the Committed in a sweaty
> nude embrace with Rocknar, and he's almost as retarded as Muhammed-Ali.

I hate to break it to you, but Bobby "Boris" Pickett is dead, as of
last week.

-Rev. Nickie

Rev. Ivan Stang

May 1, 2007, 10:18:02 AM5/1/07
On May 1, 2:36 am, Amos Happ <donna...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> sort of ironic that the church's discernment of the conspiracy made it
> perfect for that puzzling evidence scene which made it essential that
> the conspiracy prevent said discernment from making the scene.

No it was just that it was Byrnes first (and last) movie, and once the
Ed Pressman Corp was involved HE had to jump through THEIR hoops.
There is a copy of the movie on a.b.movies.divx this month
incidentally.

The news weeklies of the day ran an article about how Byrne had ripped
off us and other fringey arteests but I thought the article itself was
just sour grapes from some jealous Baltimore guy that hated Byrne for
knowing how to Play the Big Art Game.

> As a consolation, I'm pretty sure that "Mike Wallace wants my body" is
> in the botsg somewhere.

No, but another line from a Talking Heads song is, by accident... GGG
had put it on the bottom of one of his drawings and I didn't recognize
it as pop song lyrics because I was not actually a Talking Heads fan
at any point. It's perfectly good music, I guess, but I always
associated it with the psuedointellectual fanboys I knew who were into
it as, well, "art." It seemed to attract the same ones who also
thought that liking Zappa proved they were smart, when usually it only
proved that they needed to THINK of themselves as smart.

Rev. Ivan Stang

May 1, 2007, 10:32:55 AM5/1/07
On Apr 30, 8:38 am, Modemac <mode...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_April_30
>
> Someone is trying to resurrect the attempt to create an article on Bob
> Dean, using the same arguments they used in the discussion last
> August. Come on over and take a look.
>
> Don't worry, it's NOT necessary to give long, detailed histories of
> the Church of the SubGenius' achievements and publications vs. Dean's
> glorious history here. The arguments speak for themselves.

This Deanie's approach to debate is similar to how Creationists argue
-- from a base of truly astounding ignorance, damaging his or her own
case further with every increasingly disjointed and angry statement. I
certainly get a big kick out of watching it.

Rev. 11D Meow!

May 1, 2007, 6:18:51 PM5/1/07
You, Rev. Ivan Stang!!!

Have a lot to learn.

YOUR EGO!

Got in the way.
Got in the way.
Got in the way.
Got in the way.
Got in the way.

Tower Of Slobber
Hour Of Slickity
slack

David Byrne FUCKING ROCKS!

I bet you have SOME SHIT to say about Mark Sandman, dumbass.

Just EWE-SHEEP-FUCKEE TRY IT!

http://hi-n-dry.com/mark_sandman/

"Bob" sucks a pipe.

Stang SUCKS!

It's a CONNIE what don't
sucks your limp-ass lame-ass
lack-a-cock dumb-ass
son-of-a-lizard carcass lying
dead on DUH HIGHWAY!

"Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgenius.com> wrote in message

Rev. 11D Meow!

May 1, 2007, 6:26:47 PM5/1/07
Down Down Down
Dissin' B-B52s
Next, Eh? Doofuss?

Dickin'
Michael Alcandor
&
Phoney Bob Job!

PHONEY!

Talkin' To EWE SHEEP-FUCKEE STANG!

"Rev. 11D Meow!" <Ji...@Crack.corn> wrote in message

Pope Philistine... ...or Something

May 2, 2007, 5:49:56 PM5/2/07
I always enjoy hearing about the Church of the SubDeanius