Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Kita

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 04:19:0413.11.02
an
Ack.
Ack ack ack.

My face hasn't looked this bad in over a year.
Back on the diy proactiv until things clear back up.

I ran out of the inositol hex. niacin, not sure if that contributed to
this week's disaster.

I was trying the low carb eating, thought it was making my skin worse,
but since I stopped it, my skin is WAY worse, so maybe it was actually
keeping breakouts in check.

The low carb/glycemic index connection would explain why LC and
paleolithic help acne. I know many of you here agree with the sugar
connection.

Soo, I'm going back on the LC. Will try not to cheat on it :)Maybe
I'll try a week of it and see if it helps.
Buying some flush free niacin and the folic acid if I can find it.

Last week I had 2 "quit zits" (tolerable, consider the stress of
quitting. I expected to have some stress breakouts).. But
Today, I have like 7 plus the healing ones from last week. It's
definitely something I am eating or not eating.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa
Kita
(who looks like cr@p, but is still almost 7Weeks quit smoking :)))) )

Doug H

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 07:44:0313.11.02
an

> It's definitely something I am eating or not eating.

Are you experiencing a period of stress? Stress hormones can also cause
breakouts, e.g. study at Stanford showed that students' complexions
worstened during exam period.
-Doug

Perple Glow

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 09:01:2513.11.02
an
Are you still not smoking?

"Kita" <Kita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Kita

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 11:35:3313.11.02
an
Doug H wrote:

>>It's definitely something I am eating or not eating.
>>

> Are you experiencing a period of stress? Stress hormones can also cause
> breakouts, e.g. study at Stanford showed that students' complexions
> worstened during exam period.
> -Doug

I expected some stress ones, especially the first weeks when it was
tough. But I am not stressed by my quit or anything else that I can
think of.. at least no more stressed than normal (usualy life stuff
stress, but no big things.)

I haven't been taking my B-complex, either, though, and I find that
really helps with stress.

Stress is kind of tricky, sometimes it sneaks up on ya. So it is
possible. But I really think it might be diet related because I went
from bare-able to yikes like overnight.
Argh, I don't know. But I am suspecting the sugar people might be
right.
Kita

Kita

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 11:38:2313.11.02
an
Perple Glow wrote:

> Are you still not smoking?

Oh absolutely not smoking. Figure I'll just have to deal with these
same problems again in a year (in a new quit), so I might as well just
trudge through them this time :)
You're not either, I hope?
Kita

I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Month 2 Weeks 4 Days 7 Hours 35
Minutes 18 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 1159. Money saved: $243.51.

TJU

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 12:06:4913.11.02
an
Kita - do yourself the biggest favour and get onto Accutane.

You Know It Makes Sense
:-)

"Kita" <Kita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Machete

ungelesen,
13.11.2002, 23:14:2213.11.02
an

"Kita" <Kita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Congratulations! After seeing two grandparents die of lung cancer, I am
always glad to see a young person kick the habit. Hang in there and I hope
your skin clears up Kita! Stress always brings out the worst in my skin.
Lots of sleep and moderate exersize helps, but I'm sure you already know
these things.

Azrael 2579

ungelesen,
14.11.2002, 23:43:1614.11.02
an
Congratulations on your 7 smokefree weeks.
- Azrae...@aol.com
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall" - Confucius

S2C

ungelesen,
18.11.2002, 18:33:4718.11.02
an
Hi Kita , you (and this group..maby some) dont know me as I used to post
here and alt.stop-smoking? or such like , Belive me it's the best decision
to quit... took me about 10 tries stopped, for a year now.... Realy helped
my skin overall to... hope you are sweet hunni . Oh im James a Dj / Popper/
Dancer /Designer from the UK . Take Care
Dj_S2C

Kita

ungelesen,
01.12.2002, 23:07:4101.12.02
an
Two weeks ago I wrote the below post about how my skin was looking
horrible. (Thanks to those that replied with congrats on my quitting
smoking :) !!)

I went back on LC (low carb eating). From the moment I went into
"ketosis" (where the body metabolizes fat instead of carbs for
energy), my skin calmed down. Oil went down to normal (almost dry). NO
BREAKOUTS since then. The breakouts I had then (2 weeks ago) are still
healing, but all swelling went down within a day or two of ketosis.

SO WEIRD.

In the past I have dismissed those that promote the "sugar connection"
here. I now believe I was wrong to disagree. But I was thinking of
pure sugar. I think (for me) the connection (or causation) might be
with ALL carbohydrates (including flour and starches which also raise
blood sugar levels.) Smoking regulated blood sugar levels. When I
quit, I started eating a lot more carbs (cereal etc). Based on what
I've seen, I have to assume this caused my crazy breakouts (along with
no more nicotine (which regulates blood sugars))

Up til now there are only a few things I have seen that work. Accutane
is in a class in itself because for many it causes acne to go into
remission, and no more medication is required.

Pantothenic acid can stop acne. Unfortunately the high doses are
untested for safety, and for most, maintenance dose is required
"forever". Still, a worthwhile treatment.

Topicals can control breakouts. I had great success with DIY topical
recipe. Stayed clear with only hormonal breakouts. (Except for the
nightmare of quitting which was no match for it!)

As for Low Carb eating, based on what I have seen this month, I
believe it may be another valid and powerful treatment option.
Paleolithic eating plan is similiar to LC (low carb), so this is not a
new idea here. I've only read a little on Paleo, it did seem more
complicated than LC.

Online there are many sites explaining low carb. You can lose weight,
stay the same, or gain weight on Low Carb, so it isn't limited to
weight loss. I'm not much for "diets", LC is more just avoiding
certain foods. It's pretty easy to follow.

Ketostix can be bought in drugstores, 50 for less than $10US. I know a
lot of people here are suffering long term, and others just want to be
assured of being clear for a special occasion, etc. I suggest you
follow the LC eating and get into "ketosis" (measure by testing with
the papers). Once you're in ketosis, give it a week, and see if you
are clear. If not, than it doesn't work for you. But I never would
have believed my skin could go from horrible (2 weeks ago) to clear by
just avoiding carbohydrates. Too weird. (I've been in this ng for a
year and NOTHING has worked like this, or this fast, for me. Nothing.)

Here's a site of "acceptable" foods for LC induction:
http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html

The LC newsgroup has a lot of links on their FAQ's posted over there,
too.

And "What is Ketosis" answered:
http://atkinscenter.com/helpatkins/faqs/faqWhatisketosis.html

As I said, I think this is worth a shot. I will update if and when I
get another breakout. It could be fluke. But really, I am amazed.
Kita

Kita...@hotmail.com (Kita) wrote in message news:<6df8412e.02111...@posting.google.com>...

0 neue Nachrichten