[ASLM] Hey, Cyn!

1 view

cyn########

Jul 10, 2001, 10:54:04 PM7/10/01
'Twas the dawn of the Dark Age, (Jun 27, 2001), when Heather Rose
Jones casually commented:

> Google groups finally turned up the posting with the Hittite poem I
> wrote for you:

ARRRGH!!!!!!

I've only been waiting years for some semblence of a translation, and
from what you're saying, you _lost_ the original?! <bangs head
forlornly against the padded walls>

My god, woman, no wonder cyn65 is such an angst bunny when she thinks
of you! Good thing she's playing with mildew in Siberia, else she'd
be ripping up roses, "...she loves me, she loves me not..."

<rolling eyes>

> Now all I have to do is re-figure out what it says!

Good luck! I've had the koala translators working on this one and so
far they've come up with zip. You'd think commando types would have
greater expertise in linguistics....

cyn#
feet in a dark place...under a moss-covered rock <g>

Post directly to alt-shoe-lesb...@moderators.isc.org
Questions? Contact the mods at aslm+r...@panix.com

Heather Rose Jones

Sep 16, 2001, 12:11:53 AM9/16/01
On the general topic of how the news is covering Middle Eastern
aspects of the current events, I offer that today's SF Chronicle, on
its front page photo coverage of memorial events Friday, included a
picture of a memorial held by West Bank Palestinians. Given the many
visuals that they undoubtedly had to choose from, I can only assume
that it's a deliberate attempt to defuse knee-jerk assumptions and
prejudices. Good on them.

Heather
(quince jelly-making shoes)
--