GPS Joke

Fred fink

Oct 7, 2007, 11:09:34 AM10/7/07
to Dave Laprise, Dugan, Gary (SHC US), Dave Larson
A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost. She lowers her altitude and
spots a man fishing from a boat below.
She shouts to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet
him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot air balloon,
approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You
are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes
west longitude.
She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a Republican!"
"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is technically correct,
but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost.
Frankly, you're not much help to me."
The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."
"I am," replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"
"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going.
You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a
promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to solve your
problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met ,
but,somehow, now it's my fault."

Pat

Oct 7, 2007, 3:46:36 PM10/7/07
> The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."
> "I am," replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"
> "Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going.
> You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You
> made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to
> solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before
> we met , but,somehow, now it's my fault."

I think you've got it backwards. George W. Bush has risen to where he is due
to a large quantity of hot air ("I'm a uniter, not a divider." "I'm not a
Washington insider." etc), invaded Iraq by making promises of bringing
democracy to the middle east, has no idea how to keep his promise, and now
expects to hand over his problems to the next president who is likely to be
a democrat....

willshak

Oct 7, 2007, 4:27:05 PM10/7/07
on 10/7/2007 3:46 PM Pat said the following:

It's just payback for the Democrats (Kennedy and Johnson) dumping the
Vietnam war on the Republican president (Nixon) who ended it.
How many names are on that Memorial wall? 58,256?
Iraq has its weapons of mass destruction myth. Vietnam had its Gulf of
Tonkin myth.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Pat

Oct 12, 2007, 6:56:56 PM10/12/07

> It's just payback for the Democrats (Kennedy and Johnson) dumping the
> Vietnam war on the Republican president (Nixon) who ended it.
> How many names are on that Memorial wall? 58,256?
> Iraq has its weapons of mass destruction myth. Vietnam had its Gulf of
> Tonkin myth.
>
> --
>
> Bill

Are you saying that George Bush started an unnecessary war in order to
"payback" the Democrats for the Vietnam war? Has it come to that?

gbeus...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2007, 10:17:00 AM10/13/07
Great joke!