More World Cup Questions.........

Doof©

Jun 11, 2002, 12:06:32 PM6/11/02
Okay all you "football" guys. Answer me this.
How is it determined which teams go in which group?

BTW I think I like the Germans and the Mexicans as teams to root for. Canada
will never even win a match let alone make it to the WC. So I don't have a
"home" country to cheer for. My family is from France but I hate the French.
I've always liked the Germans & I just like the Mexican song the crowd
sings.Plus the Mexicans are playing good football.
I pray to the soccer gods that Mexico beats Italy!

--
DOOF©
THE DEAD POOL SITE: http://www.geocities.com/acdcdoof/index.html

"I want you to hear me out there
This is for all you bad boys
This is a story of the saint of rock 'n' roll
I want you to put your hands in your pocket
Take ten dollars out and send it to me, ha ha".
AC/DC '83.

C.M.D. Nov1/72 - July 17/00.

"May the good Lord shine a light on you,
make every song you sing, your favorite tune."
M. Jaggar.

Thunderstruck

Jun 11, 2002, 12:20:21 PM6/11/02
you mean before the world cup starts? What do you think of qualifying
matches and a draw after that??
"Doof©" <acdc...@rogers.com> schreef in bericht

Doof©

badlands420

Jun 11, 2002, 5:18:18 PM6/11/02

> BTW I think I like the Germans and the Mexicans as teams to root for.

Viva El Tri!!

It's funny, there's actually a lot of interest in the World Cup around here,
but it's all for Mexico. I always root for 'em because all the guys from
work are *heavy* into it.

Gudrun Fussy

Jun 11, 2002, 5:27:25 PM6/11/02

"Doof©" <acdc...@rogers.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I mean the groupings IN the WC. How are the diff teams placed into the
> groups? Are they placed by rankings as well?

Hi, I try to answer but you know My English :-(
The Groups are selected in a sort of lottery
There are balls with the country name then they
announce, now we select the group A, took a ball with the first name.
and so on till all groups are placed.

Gudrun

Thunderstruck

Jun 11, 2002, 5:33:49 PM6/11/02
The topteams at the start of the world cup are 'protected'. Like the current
world cup holder and teams who always go far in the WC have that status so
that they will not run into each other early on in the next rounds. Kinda
like a tennis tournement.
After the first round the numbers 1 and 2 go on, being devided in cross
finals. The number one of the group goes against the number two, and the
number two of that group goes against the number one of the other group, and
so on.
So after the first round you have 16 teams left.
then 8, 4 and 2.
And before the final there is also a match for the 3rd place.
I hope this makes it clear.
For more info you should check out www.fifaworldcup.com
and click on matches on the left of your screen, it will show you the entire
tournament table.
Have fun :P

Doof© <acdc...@rogers.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
ae5i44$46fup$1...@ID-96438.news.dfncis.de...

Doof©

gluecifer

Jun 12, 2002, 5:42:37 AM6/12/02
i love mexico, too. but i pray that italy wins tomorrow. why don't you like
italians? i'd like to have a serious answer.

gluecifer

Catman the Great

Jun 12, 2002, 8:57:15 PM6/12/02
> why don't you like
> italians? i'd like to have a serious answer.

Because their cars are a bitch to take care of, that's why. "High
performance cars" my ass.

With Regards,
Catman the Great

--
©2001 This message is the sole property of Catman the Great and the
Icelandic Viking Revival Foundation.

badlands420

Jun 12, 2002, 9:02:40 PM6/12/02

> Because their cars are a bitch to take care of, that's why. "High
> performance cars" my ass.

And they suck at war. Not as bad as France, but they still suck.

"Hey, I got it! Let's invade EHTIOPIA! Then we'll look like TOTAL badasses!"

Adam Cook

Jun 12, 2002, 9:30:30 PM6/12/02

"badlands420" <badl...@cox.net> wrote in message

They know when to quit and change sides, though. Both WWI and WWII saw
Italy begin on the eventual losing side, but join the bandwagon Allied
powers by the end.

- Adam

Chris4900

Jun 12, 2002, 9:36:37 PM6/12/02
> And they suck at war. Not as bad as France, but they still suck.
>
> "Hey, I got it! Let's invade EHTIOPIA! Then we'll look like TOTAL
badasses!"

Or Libya

fiddaman

Jun 12, 2002, 10:31:04 PM6/12/02

"badlands420" <badl...@cox.net> wrote in message

Did I ever tell you that my Granddad sold the Italians reversing lights for
their tanks.

--
And Remember......

KEEP IT STIFF

BOB 'CHAINSAW' FIDDAMAN UK

http://bods.cjb.net (NG PAGES)
http://acdc.musicpage.com AC/DC BOOTLEGS
http://rocking.to/bigcountry BIG COUNTRY BOOTLEGS
http://abbreviations.IsCool.nl AC/DC SONG ABBREVIATIONS

---
BOB 'THE CHAINSAW' FIDDAMAN

Catman the Great

Jun 12, 2002, 10:49:14 PM6/12/02
> Did I ever tell you that my Granddad sold the Italians reversing lights
for
> their tanks.

He could have gassed a million jews and that would be fine with me as long
as he didn't endore Maseratis....

gluecifer

Jun 13, 2002, 10:11:11 AM6/13/02
well, theres some big truth in that. but who cares. italy invented mafia, pizza
and spaghetti.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 13, 2002, 10:13:17 AM6/13/02
yeah, but thats happen if you have such dickheads as mussolini leading your
country. reminds me a bit of vietnam. sending thousands and thousands of
soldiers off for fighting the communism. ha,ha,ha how stupid can humans be.

gluecifer

Chris4900

Jun 13, 2002, 10:25:40 AM6/13/02
> yeah, but thats happen if you have such dickheads as mussolini leading
your
> country. reminds me a bit of vietnam. sending thousands and thousands of
> soldiers off for fighting the communism. ha,ha,ha how stupid can humans
be.

Yea...JFK and LBJ were really dumb.

gluecifer

Jun 13, 2002, 10:29:04 AM6/13/02
i don't know 'em personally. but if that is what you say, it has to be o.k.

gluecifer

badlands420

Jun 13, 2002, 12:47:57 PM6/13/02

> Yea...JFK and LBJ were really dumb.

Yeah....instead of bloodthirsty fascist dictators, all we have are stupid
fucking liberals to blame everything on.

gluecifer

Jun 14, 2002, 7:34:30 AM6/14/02
but sometimes the differences ain't that big.

gluecifer

p.s. and don't forget mr. george doubleyou bush. most stupid person ever
beeing mr. president.

Chris4900

Jun 14, 2002, 9:43:46 AM6/14/02
> p.s. and don't forget mr. george doubleyou bush. most stupid person ever
> beeing mr. president.

Here is the rule of thumb. All Republican presidents are stupid, shallow
and unsophisticated. All Democrats are brilliant, caring, extremely
intelligent and extremely sophisticated. This is the way it always is and
always will be. The US media has been taken over by the Maoist wing of the
Democratic party. Get this, they are so stuck on the Republican dumb and
Democrat smart storyline that they insist that Jimmy Carter was brilliant.
Jimmy Carter!!! Sure he might have been a nice guy but he was a disaster as
President.

As far as Bush being the most stupid person ever to be President.
Well...that attitude among the religious left is probably going guarantee
him a second term.

gluecifer

Jun 14, 2002, 10:02:09 AM6/14/02
well, i'm not saying he's dumb because beeing a republican. he would be as dumb
as he is if he was a democrat, too. and as i'm from europe i'm not much into US
media. but what really made me sure that he is as dumb as a piece of cake, is
when he asked the brazilian president or premier or whoever you call him if
there are any black people living in brazil!!! you sure don't have to be
einstein to know that in brazil live quite a few black people. if memory serves
me right brazil is the country with most black people living in outside africa.

gluecifer

Chris4900

Jun 14, 2002, 10:32:34 AM6/14/02

"> well, i'm not saying he's dumb because beeing a republican. he would be
as dumb
> as he is if he was a democrat, too. and as i'm from europe i'm not much
into US
> media.

My only point is that no one gets an objective analysis of US presidents
unless they seek the news/info themselves. If a person is a consumer of
news...meaning passively watching what is before them they do not get a good
picture of the truth. If one actively reads, many sources, and sees thing
from different angles you can get better idea of the truth. A good example
of this is the modern portrayal of J.F Kennedy. He is considered a hero for
thwarting the Cuban Missle Crisis. There is no mention that his
belligerency caused the increase in tensions that led up to the Cuban Missle
crisis. (Example: Bay of Pigs.) Also he actively campaigned that Eisenhower
was soft on the Soviet Union and allowed a missle gap/bomber gap to be
created. (Which was not true) These things created an atmosphere of
greater tensions between the USSR and the USA which led up to the Cuban
Missle Crisis. But because he was a Democrat we only hear how great he was.
Forget about the part about almost blowing up the world.

For what it matters. Euro media types and US media types are often trained
in the same schools. The only difference between the Euro press and the US
press is that the Euro press is farther to the Left.

but what really made me sure that he is as dumb as a piece of cake, is
> when he asked the brazilian president or premier or whoever you call him
if
> there are any black people living in brazil!!!

Ha ha ha ...give me the media outlet that reported that. I guarantee you
that is not true. There are a lot of things that can lead Bush to be
accused of being stupid but that is not one of them. He can be criticized
for not caring about Europe but not South America. He actually speaks
spanish and campaigns in spanish. A little known fact because it does not
play well with the Bush is stupid story line. He also has been a very
proactive President when it comes to US policy in South America. A story
that is not covered by the press because it does not sell papers like dead
interns etc... There is another story out there that Bush is stupid
because he waved at Stevie Wonder. A story which was proven false but yet
is reported as true by the religious left.

Where Bush is stupid: Pandering to the media, increasing governmental
spending, signing the pork ridden farm bill, signing campaign finance
reform, keeping the US in NATO, allowing our military to police the high
seas at no cost to the rest of the world, giving money to the UN etc.....

badlands420

Jun 14, 2002, 2:38:18 PM6/14/02

> p.s. and don't forget mr. george doubleyou bush. most stupid person ever
> beeing mr. president.

Oh shut the hell up. Obviously you've never heard of James Earl Carter.

GWB might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I get sick and tired
of uninformed Euros talking out their asses about our leaders based on
whatever half-baked propaganda they hear on TV. Pay attention to your own
fucking country, dude.

Ohne21

Jun 14, 2002, 6:45:00 PM6/14/02
>> p.s. and don't forget mr. george doubleyou bush. most stupid person ever
>> beeing mr. president.

He's not one of our finest, but he has had the good sense to surround himself
with intelligent people. (Although Ashcroft worries me.)

Adam Cook

Jun 14, 2002, 7:43:27 PM6/14/02

"Chris4900" <def...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote in message

> but what really made me sure that he is as dumb as a piece of cake, is
> > when he asked the brazilian president or premier or whoever you call him
> if
> > there are any black people living in brazil!!!
>
> Ha ha ha ...give me the media outlet that reported that. I guarantee you
> that is not true.

This is funny. Some of the things people outside the US tell me about Bush
is amazing. In France, apparently, some semi-respencable(to the French,
anyway) media outlet reported that Bush was having executions of Texas
inmates delayed until his birthday so that he could celebrate his birthday
and some executions together.

- Adam

Adam Cook

Jun 14, 2002, 7:43:28 PM6/14/02

"Chris4900" <def...@hotmail.comnospam> wrote in message

> Where Bush is stupid: Pandering to the media, increasing governmental

> spending, signing the pork ridden farm bill, signing campaign finance
> reform, keeping the US in NATO, allowing our military to police the high
> seas at no cost to the rest of the world, giving money to the UN etc.....

Goddamn that farm bill! I swear, I don't understand the guy. I think of
him as a generally stand up and straight forward guy, which is a nice
contrast to the prior pres. But if you are carrying a 75% friggin approval
rating, you don't have to sellout with protectionist tarrifs and farm
subsidies. I shudder to think how big the bill would have been if his
approval rating was in the 50's.

- Adam

Chris4900

Jun 14, 2002, 8:09:54 PM6/14/02

"> > Ha ha ha ...give me the media outlet that reported that. I guarantee
you
> > that is not true.
>
> This is funny. Some of the things people outside the US tell me about
Bush
> is amazing. In France, apparently, some semi-respencable(to the French,
> anyway) media outlet reported that Bush was having executions of Texas
> inmates delayed until his birthday so that he could celebrate his birthday
> and some executions together.

Yea I know...I have heard the one about the executions on his birthday. The
funny thing about the whole execution controversy is that the Texas
governor's have very little power. If my memory serves me correctly, a
Texas governor can call for a delay of an execution but not completely stop
it. Once the gov. calls for a delay it goes before a board and they decide
if the execution should continue. If they do decide to proceed the governor
can call for one more review. If the board decided to proceed than the
governor has no power to stop the execution. ON the other hand, the
President of the United States can grant a pardon...who consequently was WJC
during Bush's tenure as Governor of Texas. Why didn't the great
humanitarian himself stop the madness?

Chris4900

Jun 14, 2002, 8:14:02 PM6/14/02
> > Where Bush is stupid: Pandering to the media, increasing governmental
> > spending, signing the pork ridden farm bill, signing campaign finance
> > reform, keeping the US in NATO, allowing our military to police the high
> > seas at no cost to the rest of the world, giving money to the UN
etc.....

> Goddamn that farm bill! I swear, I don't understand the guy. I think of
> him as a generally stand up and straight forward guy, which is a nice
> contrast to the prior pres. But if you are carrying a 75% friggin
approval
> rating, you don't have to sellout with protectionist tarrifs and farm
> subsidies. I shudder to think how big the bill would have been if his
> approval rating was in the 50's.

Approval ratings are paper thin. I am not crazy about Bush but at least he
is not chasing fat interns around the office. Bill was probably a nice guy
and all but he did not get much done because he spent most of his time
fighting off bimbo-eruptions.

Catman the Great

Jun 15, 2002, 4:08:09 PM6/15/02
> but what really made me sure that he is as dumb as a piece of cake, is
> when he asked the brazilian president or premier or whoever you call him
if
> there are any black people living in brazil!!! you sure don't have to be
> einstein to know that in brazil live quite a few black people. if memory
serves
> me right brazil is the country with most black people living in outside
africa.

And this makes him stupid because?? I didn't know that either. Not being
worldly does not make him stupid.

Jgbintbass

Jun 16, 2002, 6:36:33 AM6/16/02
>From: "Chris4900" def...@hotmail.comnospam

>All Democrats are brilliant, caring, extremely
>intelligent and extremely sophisticated.

Clinton certainly was brilliant all right, caring enough about Monica Lewinsky
to embarrass his wife which I wouldn't call extremely intelligent nor extremely
sophisticated. If anyone ranks as the most stupid President, it would be him
and the wave of political correctness that the U.S. is recovering from now...
almost!
W. isn't the greatest President and well, we still have to find out if Jenna
and Barbara Bush are AC/DC fanatics or not. Jenna esp. has a wild reputation.
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'...

gluecifer

Jun 17, 2002, 11:32:57 AM6/17/02
if you didn't know about black people living in brazil then sorry, but open a
book once in awhile.
it doesn't matter if you know it or not. but us far as for the american
president he should know it.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 17, 2002, 11:36:12 AM6/17/02
well, sorry but i never meant to offend you or american citizens in general.
its just an opinion of mine. if you refer to berlusconi, by telling me to pay
attention to my own country, i know he's shit. much worse than bush. but it
doesn't mean to that i can't express my opinion to whatever i want.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 17, 2002, 11:40:07 AM6/17/02
it was reported on austrian tv. during the news. they are very serious and
professional news.

gluecifer

badlands420

Jun 17, 2002, 12:01:53 PM6/17/02

> well, sorry but i never meant to offend you or american citizens in
general.
> its just an opinion of mine. if you refer to berlusconi, by telling me to
pay
> attention to my own country, i know he's shit. much worse than bush. but
it
> doesn't mean to that i can't express my opinion to whatever i want.

True, but please understand that most of what you're going to hear in the
European press is a bunch of slanderous, unmitigated bullshit. If you take
the time to learn the actual facts instead of just spewing second-hand
hyperbole, your opinion is more than welcome.

Adam Cook

Jun 17, 2002, 12:06:46 PM6/17/02

"gluecifer" <glue...@gluecifer.com> wrote in message

> if you didn't know about black people living in brazil then sorry, but
open a
> book once in awhile.
> it doesn't matter if you know it or not. but us far as for the american
> president he should know it.

Why? He has no authority over Brazillians? And does the skin color really
matter that much anyway? Does that mean he should step off the plane in Rio
with a boom box on his shoulder?

- Adam

gluecifer

Jun 17, 2002, 12:26:41 PM6/17/02
thats enough. last time i spoke about politics in this ng. every country has
the governement it deserves.

gluecifer

btw, what is a boom box. what does your second question (no authority over
brazilians) mean?

Chris4900

Jun 17, 2002, 12:48:12 PM6/17/02

> it was reported on austrian tv. during the news. they are very serious and
> professional news.
>
> gluecifer

Then I hope you start to have serious reservations about Austrian TV
journalism. That
report does not even pass the laugh test. Criticizing a leaders/countries
politics/policies is one thing but stupid personal attacks is another. If
you believe a media outlet that makes reports like that...I suggest you do
some reading. A brief review of US/Bush policies in South America would
lead a reasonable person to conclude that Bush has at a minimum, a modest
understanding of South America. To suggest that Bush does not know the
racial make up of South America is ludicrous. European media reports like
that and the fact the people believe them have more to do with the widening
divide between Europe and the US than anything else.

Jgbintbass

Jun 17, 2002, 9:18:46 PM6/17/02
>From: "Adam Cook" ajcook@NYETSPAM!!satx.rr.com

Actually, he should step off Air Force One in Rio with a 'ghetto blaster' as
seen in that one James Bond movie.
Favorite moment in a James Bond movie? In 'For Your Eyes Only' toward the
end of the movie, James goes into a confessional and says "Forgive me, Father,
for I have sinned' to which Q replies "Oh really, Double Oh Seven!"
Me, I'd like to hear some AC/DC in a James Bond movie some time... how about
"Shoot to Thrill" during a shooting scene, er, maybe not...

motorhead

Jun 18, 2002, 4:43:44 AM6/18/02
Bartlett would have known that.

gluecifer

Jun 18, 2002, 11:04:00 AM6/18/02
yeah, maybe your right in this point. and for sure its not my business if bush
knows how much of which people live where and when. if doesn't know, well at
least lets joke about that. but for sure there are more important reasons to
judge his ability as a president. what for sure i don't like about him are his
rethorics. like the fight of good (west) against evil (terrorists/al qaida).
because thats simplifying very complex problems plus it gets people to judge
others about their heritage and religion. plus saying (not only bush, a lot of
european politicians, too) 9/11 was a attack against the civilized world.
because that implies that except for europe and northern america evryone else
is primitive.
but i think thats not only a problem bush or the US have, but thats a whole lot
of european politicians, too. the trend is to simplify very complex problems
just because it gets you a lot more votes. you have the likes like haider,
berlusconi, fini, bossi, le pen, fortune (rip) and others who catch their votes
with arguments like that. but then they have no real solutions for it.

gluecifer

badlands420

Jun 18, 2002, 12:12:29 PM6/18/02

>what for sure i don't like about him are his
> rethorics. like the fight of good (west) against evil (terrorists/al
qaida).
> because thats simplifying very complex problems plus it gets people to
judge
> others about their heritage and religion.

1. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know where the hell you
heard that, but I can assure you that Bush has never said (nor would be
stupid enough to say) "The west is good and everybody else is bad." He and
his administration have gone to painstaking (sometimes ridiculous) lengths
to project an image of tolerance and inclusion. But you're not ever gonna
hear that in the European press, because they only print stuff that makes
the guy sound like the antichrist, no matter how pitifully inaccurate it
might be.

2. How does it reflect negatively upon anyone's heritage or religion to say
terrorists suck and should be killed? I don't really see the problem with
referring to ourselves as the good guys and al-Qaeda as the bad guys,
because WE ARE and THEY ARE. Please find something better about which to
complain.

fiddaman

Jun 18, 2002, 12:22:29 PM6/18/02

I don't really see the problem with
> referring to ourselves as the good guys and al-Qaeda as the bad guys,
> because WE ARE and THEY ARE.

A little thing called Propaganda Nate.

Imagine what the al-Qaeda folks are showing on their TV's right now. Don't
get me wrong I think they are sub human scum - infact I don't really care
much for Muslims or any fanatic on religion.

Sept 11th kind of turned me into a semi racist - a broad statement I know
but at least I'm being honest.

Now I could live next door to any Indian guy or Jap, German, fuck anybody
except for any person who is deeply into Islam.

This Country of ours is turning into a safe haven for followers of Islam.
Their beleifs go beyond reason. Next thing you know the UK will be targeted
by these fuckin morons who beleive they are fighting a holy war. What's
fuckin holy about killing innocent folk?

The mosques around Birmingham provide shelter for members of the al- Quaeda,
members that Tony Blair is allowing into our Country. The French have the
right idea - though they are rather extreme.

--
And Remember......

KEEP IT STIFF

BOB 'CHAINSAW' FIDDAMAN UK

http://bods.cjb.net (NG PAGES)
http://acdc.musicpage.com AC/DC BOOTLEGS
http://rocking.to/bigcountry BIG COUNTRY BOOTLEGS
http://abbreviations.IsCool.nl AC/DC SONG ABBREVIATIONS

---
BOB 'THE CHAINSAW' FIDDAMAN

badlands420

Jun 18, 2002, 12:36:09 PM6/18/02

> This Country of ours is turning into a safe haven for followers of Islam.

Does that mean all Muslims should be locked out?

Chris4900

Jun 18, 2002, 12:37:26 PM6/18/02
> Imagine what the al-Qaeda folks are showing on their TV's right now. Don't
> get me wrong I think they are sub human scum - infact I don't really care
> much for Muslims or any fanatic on religion.

I think the whole religion thing has gotten out of hand. To me the true
villians are the corrupt dictators who run the middle eastern countries.
Fanatical religion is used to give the mass population an outlet to vent.
The people have nothing and no voice. The leaders use fanatical religion to
deflect blame. Western countries have helped this along by proping up the
dictators.

The ironic thing is that the leaders of Al-Qaeda are all educated and well
off. Even the clowns who flew the planes on 9-11 were all middle class and
educated.

> Sept 11th kind of turned me into a semi racist - a broad statement I know
> but at least I'm being honest.
>
> Now I could live next door to any Indian guy or Jap, German, fuck anybody
> except for any person who is deeply into Islam.

Here in the States, the Muslim community has not helped their cause one bit.
They have hidden behind civil rights rhetoric instead of condemning the
fanatical wing of Islam. This further fosters the belief that all arabs are
or support terrorists.

gluecifer

Jun 18, 2002, 12:55:22 PM6/18/02

i guess you got something wrong.

"...they're flat evil. All they can think about is evil. And as a nation of
good folks, we're going to hunt them down, and we're going to find them, and
we will bring them to justice."

thats what he said. and i still believe that this is black/white thinking. its
like "how come all that? we've never done anything wrong." the west made very,
very big mistakes in the past. and a part of that terrorist thing is a product
of all those mistakes. so it's not just WE ARE and THEY ARE, but maybe we
should starting to reflect why THEY ARE, and how much was it the wests fault
that THEY ARE. You sure ain't gonna solve problems by killing people, that
goes for both sides.
you're right when you say they tried to project an image of tolerance and
inclusion, but on the other hand, they start a wildwest-rethoric.

gluecifer

fiddaman

Jun 18, 2002, 2:36:25 PM6/18/02

> > This Country of ours is turning into a safe haven for followers of
Islam.

> Does that mean all Muslims should be locked out?

Fuckin Yeah

Bluuzer®

Jun 19, 2002, 7:53:08 AM6/19/02
>Fanatical religion is used to give the mass population an outlet to vent.
>The people have nothing and no voice. The leaders use fanatical religion
>deflect blame.

Totally agree withya on this one. Even the Nazis had an element of "in the
name of God" !!!!

If a population is poor, opressed, hungry and desperate for well being, it's
VERY easy to use religion, territory- issues, natural resources or just
twist the history description just a little, to make 'em fanatics and make
them follow a certain doctrine blindly. That's definetly what have happened
in many countries and wars throughout history. Just look at our own
christian crusades centuries ago, same shit.
Until the people themselves rise against their own oppressors and find a
lasting way of progress with a minimum of corruption, we will continue to
see fanatics.
Sadly, the industrialized world could not have prospered in the same way if
it wasn't for the fact that the thirld world actually exists and have been
producing cheap products and providing us with petrol for decades

It's a loose-loose situation, and I think it'll never end, it's just the way
it is and there's no way of changin it, b/c once you have accomplished
something in terms of assets and progress, you will not give it up. So here
we are today, and we are going to have to deal with this forever. Probably
even more in the future as absolutely nothing points in another direction...

NegativeWavesWhooyaas...

gluecifer

Jun 19, 2002, 9:58:07 AM6/19/02
i totally agree with you. the real mess is when politic and religion mix, like
they do in most of the islam-countries. every religion is primitive, which is
no fault in itself, but primitiv politic is one of the worst things. and
politic starts to become primitive when it mixes with religion.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 19, 2002, 10:04:11 AM6/19/02
would you allow your children play with muzlim-children?

gluecifer

fiddaman wrote:

> Sept 11th kind of turned me into a semi racist - a broad statement I know
> but at least I'm being honest.
>
> Now I could live next door to any Indian guy or Jap, German, fuck anybody
> except for any person who is deeply into Islam.

Rufus Leakking

Jun 19, 2002, 10:06:36 AM6/19/02
>would you allow your children play with muzlim-children?

naam. Aftiker hatha qwiss auwie

Dave

"Hid in the reeds are eyes that peek,
voices I don't understand.
Flamingos fly endlessly,
To the silent sky"

Chris4900

Jun 19, 2002, 10:30:58 AM6/19/02
> i totally agree with you. the real mess is when politic and religion mix,
like
> they do in most of the islam-countries. every religion is primitive, which
is
> no fault in itself, but primitiv politic is one of the worst things. and
> politic starts to become primitive when it mixes with religion.
>
> gluecifer

I agree with both of you. The only problem is the leaders of these
terrorist groups are not poor. The are rich to middle class and educated.
A crazy religion has evolved from Islam that IMO was supported and
encouraged by the Saudi's, Jordan, Syria, Egypt etc... Surprisingly, this
does not seem to be the case in Iraq (they just have a powerful madman) and
Iran where the people do not hate the West as much as others. The young in
Iran are on the verge of taking over in Iran.

The reason why the US ( and other Western Countries) have proped up these
middle Eastern dictators is simple. Oil. IMO that is why the area is a
mess now. We put cheep oil ahead of freedom and democracy for the people of
the middle east. IMO a little effort towards just governments in the region
would have assured an oil trade and helped the people of the region get some
of the wealth from the commerce.

gluecifer

Jun 19, 2002, 10:40:14 AM6/19/02
good call chris. i think a lot of that money you mention comes from that whole
oil thing, that means that in some way the west sponsered the whole terrorist
thing. it's a shame that the alternatives to oil, gasoline ecc. still are hold
down.

gluecifer

Thunderstruck

Jun 19, 2002, 11:00:16 AM6/19/02
yeah, why not?
I mean, I know a few muslim people, in fact, some of them are my friends,
and they dont all agree with what happened.
The ones who did are now strangers to me by the way.
If you know that the parents are ok, then whats wrong in letting my kids
play with theirs?
They might even grow up with a better understanding of the different ways of
life in stead of just one.
I think thats the key.
"gluecifer" <glue...@gluecifer.com> schreef in bericht

Bluuzer®

Jun 19, 2002, 11:09:57 AM6/19/02
>The reason why the US ( and other Western Countries) have proped up these
>middle Eastern dictators is simple. Oil. IMO that is why the area is a
>mess now. We put cheep oil ahead of freedom and democracy for the people
of
>the middle east. IMO a little effort towards just governments in the
region
>would have assured an oil trade and helped the people of the region get
some
>of the wealth from the commerce.

Hear Hear! 'nough said.

Bluuzer®

Jun 19, 2002, 11:26:53 AM6/19/02

>would you allow your children play with muzlim-children?

Definetly. Two of my 7 yr old daughter's best friends are muslims, and you
think the kids care? No way.
At the end of it all, it boils down to a personal level.
I.e. there are lots of Swedes that I know that are complete idiots to me, I
have met some english ppl that are jackasses, I came across americans that
are just plain stupid etc etc etc.
We've all heard comments about how "people from a certain place or belief"
are in a certain way...like
"U know how Jews are", "U know how Americans are" "U know how Scots are" bla
bla bla bla..
Fuck, people are even saying that kind of things about other people from a
near-by town ferchristsake....
I personally know some deeply religious muslims, and they're nice ppl that
doesn't bother me or anybody else in the slightest way, so...

It all comes down to a personal level at the end. Each and every one of us
are so damn different it's impossible for me to judge ppl groupwise

Chris4900

Jun 19, 2002, 11:39:59 AM6/19/02
> good call chris. i think a lot of that money you mention comes from that
whole
> oil thing, that means that in some way the west sponsered

I don't like the use of the word sponserd. Maybe indirectly but there is a
correlation for sure

>the whole terrorist
> thing. it's a shame that the alternatives to oil, gasoline ecc. still are
hold
> down.

Us Americans are funny in that we have no problem spending 40 Grand on a
vehicle but will not pay $2 a gallon. That is one of the basic rules that
politicians live by. If gas hits $2 a gallon for prolonged periods, who
ever is President is gone. But if gas was to hit about $2 to $2.50 a gallon
for a long time Oil companies and the auto industry would be forced to find
other energy sources. OPEC knows this and works hard to keep prices just
below the price that would cause a search for alternative sources. But they
have to keep the prices high enough to afford the new services they have
offered their people as a result of internal unrest. (Saudi Arabia being
number one on that list) That is the main reason why the middle Eastern oil
producing countries don't want Iraq's regime overthrown. That would open
the worlds second largest oil reserve to the West. Prices would drop and
Saudi Arabia's monarchy will be in danger.

Throw into that the rise of the oil industry in Russia and you have an OPEC
cartel in a tough spot. Russia has gone against OPEC and dumped a lot of
oil into the world market. Prices are not at their cheapest now but they
are stable. Russia has a lot of oil but it costs more to process than
Middle Eastern oil. Russia does not care what happens in Iraq as long as
they get a cut of the oil profits afterwards. (This is assuming that the US
goes into Iraq again... which I am not certain will happen)

The future question is where does this leave Europe? How does Europe want
to address the need for oil? Europe for power is much more dependant on
nuclear power than the US. That is both good and bad. In the US nuclear
power is all but dead...the three mile island incident in the late 70's
killed the industry. Therefore, to the great dismay of the UN and more
specifically environmentalists the US will continue to guzzle up fossil
fuels. No President, either D or R will aggressively address the issue.
There is no significant number of votes to be gained by attacking SUV's.

HeatSeeker

Jun 19, 2002, 1:55:19 PM6/19/02
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:22:29 +0100, "fiddaman"
<fiddy...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>This Country of ours is turning into a safe haven for followers of Islam.
>Their beleifs go beyond reason.

You could say the same about the christian religion, eh?

Dave

Jun 19, 2002, 7:29:17 PM6/19/02
> >This Country of ours is turning into a safe haven for followers of Islam.
Their beleifs go beyond reason.

Bob...there's a difference between followers of Islam and radical Islamists.
I don't begrudge anyone their right to religion...but once radical extremism
is entered into it....and things start blowin' up and stuff...I'm sorry but
those folks need to be spanked!!!

> You could say the same about the christian religion, eh?

Or Catholics, or Hindus, or Buddists, or whatever.

Dave - Toronto

badlands420

Jun 19, 2002, 11:08:59 PM6/19/02

> Bob...there's a difference between followers of Islam and radical
Islamists.

On other words....when the extremism of a few causes you to paint an entire
religion (and one-fifth of the world's population) with the same brush, you
become an extremist yourself.

fiddaman

Jun 20, 2002, 12:53:00 AM6/20/02

"badlands420" <badl...@cox.net> wrote in message

Ah Bollocks Nate. Moi an extremist?

I was merely stating that my country is being invaded by shitloads of
unknowns. For all we know they could be planning the next 'September 11th'.
In fact I'd put money on it that they are.

The trouble with our world is that folks like me make a comment and all the
'Do Gooders' out there start shouting 'RACIST. I ain't racist - I'm just
cautious.

What would your reaction be Nate if you were sitting on a plane and a
Pakistani boarded carrying a plastic bag?

You can't tell me that it wouldn't cross your mind that he was some sort of
terrorist? That does not make you a racist or extremist does it?

I have a lot of Indian friends that I see on most Saturdays - they are
openly racist towards Muslims - but that's another story.

badlands420

Jun 20, 2002, 2:16:12 AM6/20/02
> I was merely stating that my country is being invaded by shitloads of
> unknowns.

Well, you can say that about pretty much anyplace that's not a complete
hellhole. As long as you live in a desireable place, people from
non-desireable places will want to come there. I've lived my entire life
within a stone's throw of the busiest border crossing in the world, so my
stances on immigration issues come from a different perspective than
most.....but the bottom line is, if people wanna come to your country, it
means your coutnry doesn't suck.

>For all we know they could be planning the next 'September 11th'.
> In fact I'd put money on it that they are.

Or, maybe both of our nations' leaders and military are doing their jobs
effectively and eliminating their ability to function on such a high-impact
level ever again. Since al-Qaeda has not managed to pull off a terrorist act
of any consequence in the last nine months (despite issuing numerous
threats), I'd say we have more reason to assume the latter than the former.
Fear and paranoia are probably the only significant weapons they have left,
despite any sensationalistic media accounts to the contrary.

> The trouble with our world is that folks like me make a comment and all
the
> 'Do Gooders' out there start shouting 'RACIST. I ain't racist - I'm just
> cautious.

I'm not tryin' to piss ya off, Bob, but I think it's pretty clear your
caution has crossed the line to xenophobia.

> What would your reaction be Nate if you were sitting on a plane and a
> Pakistani boarded carrying a plastic bag?

The same reaction as when I see anyone, anywhere, in any setting. "That
person is not a threat to me until he does something to demonstrate
otherwise." I'm not a person who spends a great deal of time tripping out
about what *might* happen.

> You can't tell me that it wouldn't cross your mind that he was some sort
of
> terrorist?

At that point, it doesn't matter if he's a terrorist. Because if a
middle-eastern-looking guy has made it through each one of the
quintuple-redundant post-9/11 security checkpoints and been allowed to board
the plane, it's safe to assume he's not armed with anything stronger than
body odor.

fiddaman

Jun 20, 2002, 4:37:01 AM6/20/02

> I'm not tryin' to piss ya off, Bob, but I think it's pretty clear your
> caution has crossed the line to xenophobia.

Nah Nate I ain't xenophobic mate, far from it. Just thowing caution to the
wind.

> > What would your reaction be Nate if you were sitting on a plane and a
> > Pakistani boarded carrying a plastic bag?
>
> The same reaction as when I see anyone, anywhere, in any setting. "That
> person is not a threat to me until he does something to demonstrate
> otherwise." I'm not a person who spends a great deal of time tripping out
> about what *might* happen.

Are you being honest here or just saying this to defend your corner of the
argument? Can you honestly say that it wouldn't freak you out in the
slightest?

> > You can't tell me that it wouldn't cross your mind that he was some sort
> of
> > terrorist?
>
> At that point, it doesn't matter if he's a terrorist. Because if a
> middle-eastern-looking guy has made it through each one of the
> quintuple-redundant post-9/11 security checkpoints and been allowed to
board
> the plane, it's safe to assume he's not armed with anything stronger than
> body odor.

Could be any form of transport - a bus maybe.

You're right about the paranoia thing but I think it is better to be on the
safe side. When the IRA were bombing the UK I was very weary of what pubs I
chose to drink in.

Anyway I get your point maybe I'm a bit paranoid but it's a good thing these
days to be alert as to what is going on around you. If that makes me
xenophobic then so be it.

gluecifer

Jun 20, 2002, 5:01:02 AM6/20/02
there was something about the european union and nuclear energy on tv-news, but
i can't recall exactly what it was all about.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 20, 2002, 5:04:55 AM6/20/02
this questioned was meant to be answered by fiddaman. i was just a bit
surprised about his kinda xenophobic comments. for myself it goes the same you
said, apart from that i haven't any children, yet (thank god!).

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 20, 2002, 5:07:22 AM6/20/02
this was not an answer to all BOD's, but a speciall one for fiddaman. i was
quite shocked about his previous comments on this issue, so i wanted to know
what the deal is.

gluecifer

gluecifer

Jun 20, 2002, 5:19:07 AM6/20/02
this should read question, not answer.

gluecifer

Adam Cook

Jun 20, 2002, 6:39:07 AM6/20/02

"badlands420" <badl...@cox.net> wrote in message

> >For all we know they could be planning the next 'September 11th'.
> > In fact I'd put money on it that they are.
>
> Or, maybe both of our nations' leaders and military are doing their jobs
> effectively and eliminating their ability to function on such a
high-impact
> level ever again. Since al-Qaeda has not managed to pull off a terrorist
act
> of any consequence in the last nine months (despite issuing numerous
> threats), I'd say we have more reason to assume the latter than the
former.

Boy Bads, I think this is overly optimistic. We have done little if
anything to secure our borders. We haven't done much of anything on
immigration or visas from terrorist hotbeds in the mid-east. People coming
over from Saudi Arabia still enjoy that same fasttrack into the US they had
before. We still have open borders with Canada, who has an open visa policy
with damn near everyone.

As I was lying in bed last night, I found myself thinking that there are
walking dead americans right now because we haven't done these things. An
explosion in an american city, PLO style, is only a matter of time. And
these americans, who are already dead but just don't know it yet, are dead
because we've been able to get back to our lives too easily. It's gonna
take another smack across the face before anything further gets done, and
even then, who can guarantee that we'll wake up? We're a nation of pussies,
too busy banning tag and dodgeball from schools to realisically confront the
security gaps we face.

- Adam

badlands420

Jun 20, 2002, 2:16:37 PM6/20/02

> Are you being honest here or just saying this to defend your corner of the
> argument? Can you honestly say that it wouldn't freak you out in the
> slightest?

Yes, categorically. I have too many reasons (all founded in logic and common
sense) not to be freaked out. If the motherfucker starts trying to light his
bloody shoe on fire, I'll worry about it when it happens.

> You're right about the paranoia thing but I think it is better to be on
the
> safe side. When the IRA were bombing the UK I was very weary of what pubs
> chose to drink in.

Then you've got a totally different perspective than I do, and I can't
really begrudge you your paranoia..

badlands420

Jun 20, 2002, 2:18:30 PM6/20/02

> Boy Bads, I think this is overly optimistic.

I know. The point is that we shouldn't predispose ourselves to assume one
extreme or the other. We should apprise ourselves of the facts and act
accordingly.

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 4:57:24 AM6/23/02
>From: gluecifer glue...@gluecifer.com

>would you allow your children play with muzlim-children?

The answer to this question depends on where you live but here in Fairfax
County, VA, as I was growing up, big melting pot of plenty of people from all
over the world, but no Muslims. Did have Koreans, Vietnamese (I already told
you about how the Chief of Police for South Vietnam who pulled the trigger in
that one famous execution was a local restaurant owner who I bought beer from
and my sister bought cigarettes from), Japanese, Spanish speakers, etc., but
again, no Muslims.
The 'soccer moms' and 'soccer dads' kind of rule after-school activities.
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'...

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 5:03:16 AM6/23/02
>From: gluecifer glue...@gluecifer.com

>good call chris. i think a lot of that money you mention comes from that
>whole
>oil thing, that means that in some way the west sponsered the whole terrorist
>thing. it's a shame that the alternatives to oil, gasoline ecc. still are
>hold
>down.

Time now for the Bush administration to fully fund research into nanotechnology
which could be here rather quickly... maybe. IBM has been supplying Motorola
with their copper and miniature manufacturing techniques. Imagine if Fresh
Kills where all the refuse from New York City goes was no more. Instead of
exporting gasoline, why not use nanotechnology to create oil/gasoline?
Alas, still a couple of years away... and do we have that much time?

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 5:07:16 AM6/23/02
>From: "Bluuzer®" mattias...@telia.com

>>would you allow your children play with muzlim-children?
>
>Definetly. Two of my 7 yr old daughter's best friends are muslims, and you
>think the kids care? No way.
>At the end of it all, it boils down to a personal level.
>I.e. there are lots of Swedes that I know that are complete idiots to me, I
>have met some english ppl that are jackasses, I came across americans that
>are just plain stupid etc etc etc.
>We've all heard comments about how "people from a certain place or belief"
>are in a certain way...like
>"U know how Jews are", "U know how Americans are" "U know how Scots are" bla
>bla bla bla..
>Fuck, people are even saying that kind of things about other people from a
>near-by town ferchristsake....

Hmm, don't forget about rivalry between nearby colleges. My best friend went
to Virginia Tech and he was ALWAYS putting down Radford University and telling
his version of blonde jokes but instead of saying "blonde", he'd substitute
"Radford" instead.
Don't forget that professors and teachers out there easily corrupt minds this
way or that way, at least from what I've seen.

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 5:14:12 AM6/23/02

Now you see what the Bush administration is up against when pressing to open up
ANWR in Alaska to oil drilling. The estimated size of the untapped oil
reserves up there is staggering but alas, the environmentalists DON'T want
there to be any oil drilling/production at all.
If one has seen the new Star Wars movie, one finds out that Darth Sidious who
will be the Emperor is secretlybehind the production of the Clones AND behind
production of a Trade Federation droid army for the Separatists, which give him
a good excuse to go to war, which is how the movie ends with the Clone Army
departing Coruscant to begin the war. According to the Boondocks comic strip,
Huey wonders if it is coincidental that the Bush administration is reducing
rights in the name of protection... but nah, he'll NEVER be king!

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 5:17:13 AM6/23/02
>From: gaud...@videotron.removethis.ca (HeatSeeker)

Other than a certain widespread sex scandal with a certain Church (that has
always proclaimed itself the Only Church), and a few kooks here and there, I
haven' t heard of any Christians in the U.S. going out and killing people for
no reason at all. Except for Jim Jones' 600-so victims, nothing!

Jgbintbass

Jun 23, 2002, 5:21:41 AM6/23/02
>From: "fiddaman" fiddy...@blueyonder.co.uk

>What would your reaction be Nate if you were sitting on a plane and a
>Pakistani boarded carrying a plastic bag?

One thing to note is that it is difficult to know the difference between an
Afghani and a Pakistani. Me, it won't concern me at all if this one Pakistani
I know were to board a plane. Guy can retire (he's older than 60!), but he
doesn't and ceaselessly is into promotion of WATER RESOURCES training and in
fact flies trainees to Alaska yearly!

HeatSeeker

Jul 5, 2002, 3:41:35 PM7/5/02
On 23 Jun 2002 09:17:13 GMT, jgbin...@aol.com (Jgbintbass) wrote:

>Other than a certain widespread sex scandal with a certain Church (that has
>always proclaimed itself the Only Church), and a few kooks here and there, I
>haven' t heard of any Christians in the U.S. going out and killing people for
>no reason at all. Except for Jim Jones' 600-so victims, nothing!

I wasn't only talking about the catholics, but the christian church in
general (same with *EVERY* kind of church/religion/cult I've heard
about). I didn't mean the senseless killings, but I was responding to
Bob who said that "[The muslim's] beliefs go beyond reason". To me, it
doesn't make more or less sense to say "All other people are evil, we
have the only way to please Allah" than to say that a man who was
crucified 2000 years ago is sitting on a cloud waiting to "judge"
people...