Philly

BOB FIDDAMAN

Feb 27, 2001, 4:33:32 AM2/27/01
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but I got myself a brochure today with
package deals to Philly. A three night stay in a hotel with a bar costs £519
(Best Western Center City) That's with he flight included!

Also there is : Hawthorne Suites - £549 and Warwick Hotel & Towers - £559

If I were just to fly there it would cost me between £350 - £450.

Thing is - What would an Englishman do with himself for three whole days in
Philadelphia?

I beleive that Philly is renowned for having good shopping malls.
I fuckin hate shopping! It's a good walk spoilt!

Now all that has to happen is for Land Rover UK to get their farking fingers
out and pay me my dues.

I noticed a few of you are going from Bill's hometown - it would be cool if
we could all hook up. Maybe we could start up a BOD Army or something. I
can't imagine giving out leaflets in the malls though whilst half or more of
the posse are partaking in the official BOD Smoking ritual!!!!

Like I say it's not definite yet - I've been in this situation before where
Rover have promised me a payout - only to let me down at the 11th hour!

If I can't get a ticket for the show I'll bring some extra cash to buy one
off a tout outside the arena.

Do they have touts selling tics outside the Yankee shows?

What sort of price do they ask?

I'm away for a few days - stopping at my parents - Me and the wife have been
separated for nearly a month now.
Tops I know what you went though man.

Fingers crossed that the Rover Solicitor gets his act together before the
merry month of May.

--
and remember...
KEEP IT STIFF

Ballbreaker 375

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/hifi/107/index.htm (AC/DC Newsgroup Member
Site)
http://www.geocities.com/ballbreaker375uk/index.html (Bob's Poetry Page)
http://pages.zdnet.com/ballbreaker375/dcdownloads/ (Bob's DC Download Page)

Jgbintbass

Feb 27, 2001, 7:19:02 AM2/27/01
>From: "BOB FIDDAMAN" ballb...@bfiddaman.fsnet.co.uk

>Thing is - What would an Englishman do with himself for three whole days in
>Philadelphia?

Plenty... since there's no reason why you can't visit New York City which is
maybe a 2- or 3-hour or so bus ride... Atlantic City is nearby and well, just
depends on what you want to do.
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'...

ANDERS HEDMAN

Feb 27, 2001, 5:09:25 PM2/27/01

> Do they have touts selling tics outside the Yankee shows?

Yes, when I was in USA you could get two tickets for the price of one
outside the shows. (Not like the Swedish concert in November where you had
to pay the price of three tickets for one, one of hour into the show!)

Anders

Acdcfn4evr

Feb 27, 2001, 4:58:25 PM2/27/01
>Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but I got myself a brochure today with
>package deals to Philly. A three night stay in a hotel with a bar costs £519
>(Best Western Center City) That's with he flight included!

Hey Bob, did the brochure say WHEN the tickets are going on sale? We sure
can't get any info over here! Something's up with this show....I smell Alvin's
evil presence lurking......

Zoovie NY

Feb 27, 2001, 8:20:59 PM2/27/01
> What would an Englishman do with himself for three whole days in
>Philadelphia?

An Englishman in Philly, huh? Well, you could.....

Nah...thats just too easy.

-Steve Z