Breaking news: Death of a Narconon Student

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 18, 2008, 3:38:55 PM6/18/08
The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
complex that houses Narconon GA students.

Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
everywhere.

More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is hard at
work getting that oppressive program investigated and shut down.

Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment complex
are in deep doo doo.

Mary McConnell
xscilentologist at yahoo.com

Quaoar

Jun 18, 2008, 4:13:49 PM6/18/08

Let me guess: no physician resident or on-call, no trained med-techs,
plenty of hot sauna, vitamins, strident statements to the victim that he
was out-ethics and at cause for his own health problem. Very late call
to 911 probable, if at all. Frantic effort to cover up everything
written about the victim. Victim taken to a Scentologist physician or
the dentist.

Tom Newton

Jun 18, 2008, 4:46:19 PM6/18/08
On 2008-06-18, in
<91ae4689-c481-4d8d...@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com
> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
> complex that houses Narconon GA students.

Drug addicts die regularly.

Regardless of where they are being treated.

Characterizing him as a victim of the program he was involved
in indicates bias and or ignorance on your part.

> Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
> everywhere.

Except that there aren't Narconon victims everywhere. They
don't have any higher percentage of deaths than any other
drug treatment program.

Oh please. The fact is that you are glad that person died.

It gives you an opportunity to express some more of the hatred
that festers in your sick mind.

> More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is
> hard at work getting that oppressive program investigated and
> shut down.

Right. You are hard at work exploiting this opportunity to
publish more hate propaganda.

> Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS,
> Mary Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the
> apartment complex are in deep doo doo.

I'll bet that they aren't.

I'll bet that you are simply lying again. Posting your hateful wishful
thinking as if it were a fact.

Mary McConnel bigot at hatecesspool.com

Tom

--
The Truth will set you free:
http://www.sethcenter.com

barb

Jun 18, 2008, 5:11:31 PM6/18/08

DAMN, DAMN DAMN!!! Just...GOD DAMN THOSE FUCKING PEOPLE! SHIT!

--
Barb "That's Captain Barbossa to you!"
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

“I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don’t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.”

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

Kim P

Jun 18, 2008, 5:17:16 PM6/18/08
barb wrote:
> Out_Of_The_Dark wrote:
>> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
>> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
>> complex that houses Narconon GA students.
>>
>> Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
>> everywhere.
>>
>> More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is hard at
>> work getting that oppressive program investigated and shut down.
>>
>> Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
>> Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment complex
>> are in deep doo doo.
>>
>> Mary McConnell
>> xscilentologist at yahoo.com
>>

> DAMN, DAMN DAMN!!! Just...GOD DAMN THOSE FUCKING PEOPLE! SHIT!

I am with you on that one Barb - these people need to be stopped and put
in jail.............arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Ah damn them all to hell in a handbasket ....

Kim P

Skipper

Jun 18, 2008, 5:27:18 PM6/18/08
In article <7KidncL_A-Qf8cTV...@comcast.com>, Quaoar
<qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote:

You must have a copy of their operations manual.

Tom Newton

Jun 18, 2008, 5:50:08 PM6/18/08
On 2008-06-18, in <OWe6k.8716$Ec....@read2.cgocable.net> Kim P
<yduzit...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

<snip>

>>> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
>>> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
>>> complex that houses Narconon GA students.

Drug addicts die regularly.

Regardless of where they are being treated.

Characterizing him as a victim of the program he was involved
in indicates bias and or ignorance on your part.

>>> Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
>>> everywhere.

Except that there aren't Narconon victims everywhere. They
don't have any higher percentage of deaths than any other
drug treatment program.

Oh please. The fact is that you are glad that person died.

It gives you an opportunity to express some more of the hatred
that festers in your sick mind.

>>> More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is
>>> hard at work getting that oppressive program investigated and
>>> shut down.

Right. You are hard at work exploiting this opportunity to
publish more hate propaganda.

>>> Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS,

>>> Mary Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the
>>> apartment complex are in deep doo doo.

I'll bet that they aren't.

I'll bet that you are simply lying again. Posting your hateful wishful
thinking as if it were a fact.

> I am with you on that one Barb - these people need to be

> stopped and put in jail.............arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh
>
> Ah damn them all to hell in a handbasket ....
>
> Kim P

Of course. Because you say so.

Are you Barb's sockpuppet? Probably.

'Anonymous' doesn't even know what morals _are_.

xenu...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2008, 6:06:31 PM6/18/08
Son of a Bitch!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubbard_Sh...@hushmail.com

Jun 18, 2008, 6:34:30 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 12:38 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Another scientology front group MURDER

Investigations and closure of the fraud in the works.

Monica Pignotti

Jun 18, 2008, 6:41:43 PM6/18/08

Do you have any evidence as to what caused her death?

barb

Jun 18, 2008, 6:51:08 PM6/18/08
xenu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Son of a Bitch!!!!!!
> Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why the hell is anonymous targeting spai vs sci when this kind of
shit is ongoing? What if we'd targeted Narconon two months ago instead?

barb

Jun 18, 2008, 6:52:11 PM6/18/08

I sure the hell hope so!
Man the harpoons!

barb

Jun 18, 2008, 6:54:06 PM6/18/08

I don't know any girls named Patrick. And she said details are
forthcoming. That probably means the family needs some time to grieve.

As to cause of death, who knows. An awful lot of people have reported
that their kids wound up in hospital during their stay at Narconon.
Funny, that. Just hilarious.

Tom Newton

Jun 18, 2008, 7:00:52 PM6/18/08
On 2008-06-18, in
<23fde162-d975-4d8c...@h1g2000prh.googlegroups.com
> Monica Pignotti <pign...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

This is 'Anonymous'. They don't need evidence.

If they had to have evidence they'd have to disband.

redco...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2008, 7:20:49 PM6/18/08
Sticking up for killers again Tom.

you are a bigot

Hubbard_Sh...@hushmail.com

Jun 18, 2008, 7:35:10 PM6/18/08
> Do you have any evidence as to what caused her death?- Hide quoted text -

The evidence of fraud, medical fraud, and death at Narconon is PUBLIC
RECORD and all over the net. The scam and death-trap is not endorced
by anyone. YOU KNOW IT, too. Crime Cult Shill.

Hubbard_Sh...@hushmail.com

Jun 18, 2008, 7:37:40 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 4:20 pm, redcoat1...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sticking up for killers again Tom.
>
> you are a bigot

Tom even sounds happy that the scientoliogy front group Narconon
NARCON NarConon completed their task of killing the unable or someone
smart enough to attempt an escape and was found out.

banchukita

Jun 18, 2008, 8:27:00 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 3:38 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am so angry. This breaks my heart.

This is why we do this, folks.

-maggie, human being

Quaoar

Jun 18, 2008, 9:55:23 PM6/18/08
barb wrote:
> xenu...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Son of a Bitch!!!!!!
>> Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> So why the hell is anonymous targeting spai vs sci when this kind of
> shit is ongoing? What if we'd targeted Narconon two months ago instead?

NarCONons are so remote, by design, that picketing is worthless. Guise
need to file objections to NarCONon with each state and locality,
repetitively.

Quaoar

Jun 18, 2008, 9:57:44 PM6/18/08

Heh! Just stream of thought based on Lisa McPherson, God rest her soul.

Escape_Scien...@activist.com

Jun 18, 2008, 10:49:59 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 6:55 pm, Quaoar <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote:
> barb wrote:

No, the objections need to be file with local/state/and Washington
politicians and city councils.

t_shuffle

Jun 19, 2008, 12:45:07 AM6/19/08

"banchukita" <banch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And tonight, it's RAGE.

They fucking killed another one.

Message has been deleted

Eldon

Jun 19, 2008, 4:30:00 AM6/19/08

This is correct. Once more details are available, I suggest a blast of
faxes and e-mails to the Surgeon General's office demanding that the
make a public statement or put a warning on the website.
www.surgeongeneral.gov/
Or maybe the FDA? These quacks are prescribing dangerous doses of
vitamins and the cal-mag concoction.
www.fda.gov/

WolfyRik

Jun 19, 2008, 4:42:23 AM6/19/08

Anyone got links, please?

Eldon

Jun 19, 2008, 4:51:11 AM6/19/08

Just hit those links and go to the contact page. It's obvious and
easy.

WolfyRik

Jun 19, 2008, 7:43:34 AM6/19/08

Woops, sorry I wasn't clear with replying straight after your post. I
meant links to the narCONon death.
Thanks anyway :)

barb

Jun 19, 2008, 8:09:34 AM6/19/08

We don't need to physically be outside of a Narconon. Our raids
accomplish something OG was never able to do, the distribution of
thousands of fliers. With Narconon's immense and misleading presence all
over the web; from Narconon hype sites to "informational" sites that
refer you to Narconon, every day someone is running into them while
seeking help for a loved one. And, if we could save ONE person with our
efforts, I think we should do so.

Monica Pignotti

Jun 19, 2008, 10:32:29 AM6/19/08
On Jun 19, 12:45 am, "t_shuffle" <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "banchukita" <banchuk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I suggest that if people want to have credibility, they refrain from
jumping to conclusions until more facts are known. This is not to
defend Narconon, but rather, to encourage people to find out what the
evidence is, rather than just angrily react.

peters...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2008, 10:58:56 AM6/19/08

In a similar case of a young woman from Greece who was found dead at
Narconon Zutphen in Holland, I got first hand information that she was
already very ill in the evening. Staff decided not to call the doctor
until the morning in an attempt not to disturb the neighbors. (Outside
office hours a doctor in Holland comes straight from the hospital in a
sort of mini ambulance, with horns and flashing lights in case of an
emergency.)
But in the morning she was dead for hours, as she was stone cold.
Autopsy revealed she had used heroin, which was given to her by one of
the other "students". This guy was arrested. Narconon is in no way any
different from other rehabilitation facilities. Accept it uses TRs and
other quackery based on Hubbard's fantasies and is a recruiting tool
for the CULT.

Peter

"This [Scientology] is useful knowledge. With it the blind again
see, the lame walk, the ill recover, the insane become sane and the
sane become saner. By its use the thousand abilities Man has sought
to recover become his once more."
- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENTOLOGY: A HISTORY OF MAN, 1952

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

Eldon

Jun 19, 2008, 11:08:47 AM6/19/08
On Jun 19, 2:09 pm, barb <xenub...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Quaoar wrote:
> > barb wrote:

> >> So why the hell is anonymous targeting spai vs sci when this kind of
> >> shit is ongoing? What if we'd targeted Narconon two months ago instead?
>
> > NarCONons are so remote, by design, that picketing is worthless. Guise
> > need to file objections to NarCONon with each state and locality,
> > repetitively.

> We don't need to physically be outside of a Narconon. Our raids
> accomplish something OG was never able to do, the distribution of
> thousands of fliers. With Narconon's immense and misleading presence all
> over the web; from Narconon hype sites to "informational" sites that
> refer you to Narconon, every day someone is running into them while
> seeking help for a loved one. And, if we could save ONE person with our
> efforts, I think we should do so.

Good plan. It would be very good to do some fliers about Narconon and
all of ITS front groups.

Actually I could see raiding a Narconon facility, no matter how
remote, if a local TV station wanted to send out a newscaster to
cover it and interview somebody on the spot.

xenu...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2008, 12:30:54 PM6/19/08
On Jun 18, 5:51 pm, barb <xenub...@netscape.net> wrote:

> xenusm...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Son of a Bitch!!!!!!
> > Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> So why the hell is anonymous targeting spai vs sci when this kind of
> shit is ongoing? What if we'd targeted Narconon two months ago instead?
>
> --
> Barb "That's Captain Barbossa to you!"
> Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)
> It's Poodlin' Time!

Since I'm not really into the hive mind, I have no idea.
Suggestions have been made about a Narconon theme, but Anons decided
to go with the spai vs sci theme for next month.

anon...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2008, 2:57:09 PM6/19/08

bumping to keep this importnant thread above all the spam.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 19, 2008, 6:05:29 PM6/19/08
On Jun 18, 3:38 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
> complex that houses Narconon GA students.
>
> Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
> everywhere.
>
> More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is hard at
> work getting that oppressive program investigated and shut down.
>
> Narconon of Georgia, Inc and  officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
> Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment complex
> are in deep doo doo.
>
> Mary McConnell
> xscilentologist at yahoo.com

Sorry for the lag but the information needed to be checked out and
clarified. There was alot of sadness connected to this story, as
Patrick W Desmond was a very popular guy with a very loving family.

Here's what I can tell you:

Patrick Desmond of Viera FL was a returning student/ patient of
Narconon GA. He had been in GA for 6 months and graduated the program,
but came back to Narconon two weeks before his death due to a relapse.
He was probably at the stage of doing the sweat program, although I
don't have all the facts about that yet.

Narconon GA is only licensed as an outpatient facility , currently
monitoring the compliance and paperwork of the program. In the past
have been sanctioned for opetrating illegally an a residental program,
which I think is the case here. Since they is not licensed to run a
detox center nor the sauna and vitamin part of the program ( requires
a licensed medical professsional to dole out and monitor the effects
of the vitamins), they supposedly farm it out. This may explain why
the facility on Peachtree looks vacant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKyle6fYca0

If anyone knows where the Sauna program is happening, please email me.

Anyway, according to the reports I have received:

Patrick was living in an apt building that also houses the staff
'monitors' who are supposed to be monitoring thre patients. On June
11th, under the watchful eye of 2 monitors, Patrick, a man who
preferred alcohol to drugs, was taken by either another patient or a
staff member ( someone named Brandon,) out to a place called the Bluff
in Atlanta, where he was introduced for the first time to Heroin.
Although 911 was called and he seemed better at one point, it was that
heroin which eventually killed him that night.

Narconon will try to say that Patrick is part of the 30% who don't
make it from the 70% who do but that would be a lie because the
program that 'guarantees' it's help just messed up big time. Illegally
operating as a residential program, selling a residential program to
victims and their loved ones and not providing the care promised is
negligence and fraud. I will keep you updated as the info come in.

Here is link to the obit and
http://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=111641018
a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The pics are heartwarming.
http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

Fredric L. Rice

Jun 19, 2008, 10:23:43 PM6/19/08
Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
>Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment complex
>are in deep doo doo.

I doubt that. Scientology gets away with kidnapping and murder --
they tied Lisa McPherson to her bed to keep her from escaping and
they murdered her, and not one Scientology crime boss ever went to
trial leave along face the death penalty there in Florida for the
crime. Count on the Scientology crime syndicate getting away scott
free with this one, too.

---
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=71238
Scientology smacked down for trying to stop free speech

FTSOH

Jun 19, 2008, 11:03:39 PM6/19/08
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:23:43 GMT.
In the Newsgroup(s): alt.religion.scientology
With the Message-ID: <yeOdna_HRbklicbV...@posted.sonicnet>
And the Organization Header: The Skeptict Tank.
The famous author: FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice).
Wrote on the subject: Re: Breaking news: Death of a Narconon Student:

Yes, money buys lots of judges and cops. Nothing new here, just move on.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 20, 2008, 12:42:01 AM6/20/08
On Jun 19, 12:45 am, "t_shuffle" <thorazineshuf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "banchukita" <banchuk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> They fucking killed another one.- Hide quoted text -

I am sorry for not getting bacxk to you all sooner. Please read my
update posted earlier today

Eldon

Jun 20, 2008, 1:38:33 AM6/20/08
On Jun 20, 4:23 am, FR...@SkepticTank.Org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:

> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
> >Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment complex
> >are in deep doo doo.
>
> I doubt that. Scientology gets away with kidnapping and murder --
> they tied Lisa McPherson to her bed to keep her from escaping and
> they murdered her, and not one Scientology crime boss ever went to
> trial leave along face the death penalty there in Florida for the
> crime. Count on the Scientology crime syndicate getting away scott
> free with this one, too.

Maybe, maybe not. This is not a "church" but a "non-profit" private
drug treatment program that already got into some trouble. Scientology
might try to defend them, or it might say they were out tech squirrels
and throw them under the bus.

> ---http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=71238

Jens Tingleff

Jun 20, 2008, 2:20:59 AM6/20/08

Eldon

Jun 20, 2008, 2:59:18 AM6/20/08

Yes, or find a judge who sends people to Narconon as a plea bargain
alternative to jail, and demonstrate at the courthouse.

As I understand, this guy went back to Narconon to convince the court
that he was making an honest effort to get cleaned up. I'm only
speculating, but looks as if he may have had a second or third DUI
arrest, and was facing a jail sentence if he didn't go into a rehab
program.

That would be pretty typical for the US.

> Best Regards
>
> Jens
>
> - --

> Key ID 0x09723C12, jenst...@tingleff.org

"Rev" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD

Jun 20, 2008, 8:51:13 AM6/20/08

"Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sounds less like the cult's "detox program gone wrong" as it does "detox
program a fraud, returning 'patient' killed to shut him up or avoid a
scandalous refund".

Did Patrick have any contact with someone in the press before his return to
the NarCONon program and subsequent death?

Eldon

Jun 20, 2008, 9:08:11 AM6/20/08
On Jun 20, 2:51 pm, "\"Rev\" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD" <not-
earthligh...@nor-hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here is link to the obit andhttp://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&Pers...
> a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

> Sounds less like the cult's "detox program gone wrong" as it does "detox
> program a fraud, returning 'patient' killed to shut him up or avoid a
> scandalous refund".
>
> Did Patrick have any contact with someone in the press before his return to
> the NarCONon program and subsequent death?

I don't think so, Rev. According to the info I received, he went back
because he flunked a court-mandated breathalizer test.

What Mary posted sounds quite plausible to me, although I don't see
why someone from the facility (student, patient, minder or whatever)
would take him to some low life dive and get him to try heroin for the
first time.

I keep reading about so much drug use at these Narconon facilities,
with complicity of the staff. Pretty sloppy management, wouldn't you
say?

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 20, 2008, 9:19:22 AM6/20/08
On Jun 20, 8:51 am, "\"Rev\" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD" <not-
earthligh...@nor-hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here is  link to the obit andhttp://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&Pers...
> a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

> Sounds less like the cult's "detox program gone wrong" as it does "detox
> program a fraud, returning 'patient' killed to shut him up or avoid a
> scandalous refund".
>
> Did Patrick have any contact with someone in the press before his return to
> the NarCONon program and subsequent death?- Hide quoted text -

We definately don't have the complete story yet and I have no idea
about Patrick having contacted the press in the past. What I can say
is that I have ben told that he and his family decided that returning
to the program was in his best interests at the time because of he
relapsed to drinking on one occasion.
I have not been contacted by any reporters but certainly anyone with
information on anything related to this matter can contact me and I
can follow up. I have received emails and I am only posting
information I can verify and information that won't spoil the
investigation. Narconon Int is trying to cover this up. They have been
down in Atlanta and some staff have been fired. I and others have
contacts providing information that is filling in the blanks, and for
now the family needs time to grieve.

Mary

barb

Jun 20, 2008, 10:17:53 AM6/20/08

The big difference here is the victim is not property of the Scientology
organization, rather a customer whose parents paid big bucks and
expected some kind of responsible stewardship on the part of Narconon to
keep their son safe, if not happy.

This is not the first time there's been a death due to Narconon
negligence. The tally is rising. At some point, the death toll from this
program and its unqualified staff members will no longer be ignored.
I hope this death is that final straw.

--
Barb "That's Captain Barbossa to you!"
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)
It's Poodlin' Time!

“I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist

barb

Jun 20, 2008, 12:55:25 PM6/20/08

One of the parents interviewed on the Vince Daniels show claimed that
Kate Wickstrom's brother was dealing drugs inside the stonehawk facility.

It appears that Narconon misrepresents the security of their facilities.
Somewhat...

Jens Tingleff

Jun 20, 2008, 2:53:02 PM6/20/08

kurios

Jun 20, 2008, 6:39:50 PM6/20/08

> GUEST wrote:
> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
> complex that houses Narconon GA students.
>
> Condolences to his family and friends from NarCoNon victims
> everywhere.
>
> More information is forthcoming. An anonyposse of advocates is hard
at
> work getting that oppressive program investigated and shut down.
>
> Narconon of Georgia, Inc and officers Robert V. Schmidt DDS, Mary
> Rieser and Debra MacIntyre and the landlord of the apartment
complex
> are in deep doo doo.
>
> Mary McConnell
> xscilentologist at yahoo.com

People in drug rehabs are not
often in a healthy state. This person died during a drug rehabilation
course that happened to be a Scientology organisation. I am sorry for
the family en relatives AND i am sorry for the people working there.
If they did a job not well done then shame on them, but as long thats
not proved then theres imho no reason to attack them.

Kurios

realpch

Jun 20, 2008, 11:24:00 PM6/20/08

Eldon, if you're looking for a contact to get illegal drugs, I hear that
prisons and rehab centers are the place to go!

Peach
--
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
Save some dough, save some grief:

LagsAlot

Jun 20, 2008, 11:33:29 PM6/20/08

"realpch" <rea...@aol.com> wrote in message

the drugs you find in prisons were/are delivered by hiding them in a "body
cavity"....consider that the next time you're in prison and someone asks if
you want to buy some "good shit"

Patty Pieniadz

Jun 21, 2008, 9:21:57 AM6/21/08

"Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years. Here's what OSA will
do.

They will send in a "mission" to "handle" this so it does not turn into
a "flap" or legal liability for them.

They will contact the family, and show great concern and caring but will
have a legal waiver all prepared that basically says that NN, Scn, ABLE
etc are not at fault and not to blame and they will try to get the
parents to sign it.

This is SOP for them. They don't care that the family is grieving, they
will actually use the fact that they are so "downtone" in order to get
them to sign the papers.

Hopefully the family will kick them out of the house.

Hubbard_Sh...@hushmail.com

Jun 21, 2008, 9:36:16 AM6/21/08
On Jun 21, 6:21 am, "Patty Pieniadz" <ppieni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here is  link to the obit andhttp://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&Pers...
> a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

> When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years. Here's what OSA will
> do.
>
> They will send in a "mission" to "handle" this so it does not turn into
> a "flap" or  legal liability for them.
>
> They will contact the family, and show great concern and caring but will
> have a legal waiver all prepared that basically says that NN, Scn, ABLE
> etc are not at fault and not to blame and they will try to get the
> parents to sign it.
>
> This is SOP for them. They don't care that the family is grieving, they
> will actually use the fact that they are so "downtone" in order to get
> them to sign the papers.
>
> Hopefully the family will kick them out of the house.
>
> P- Hide quoted text -

And all this info., and tips on scientology techniques are being sent
to lawmakers and politicians. The more sent the better. One responded
that they will NOT ignore this and ARE aware of the techniques and
that they may take action if those techniques are used.

Eldon

Jun 21, 2008, 10:55:30 AM6/21/08

Another avenue is the State Board of Health. This is the agency that
licenses and oversees doctors, dentists and so forth.

obscene dog

Jun 21, 2008, 2:05:25 PM6/21/08
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:21:57 -0400, "Patty Pieniadz"
<ppie...@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years.

How do you feel now knowing that what you were selling these
unfortunate people was a crock of crap?

If you have answered this question before, please point me to the
relevant post / web / forum.

--

Don't get in front of me.
What the... Oh, shi-

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 21, 2008, 4:44:43 PM6/21/08
On Jun 21, 9:21 am, "Patty Pieniadz" <ppieni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years. Here's what OSA will
> do.
>
> They will send in a "mission" to "handle" this so it does not turn into
> a "flap" or  legal liability for them.
>
> They will contact the family, and show great concern and caring but will
> have a legal waiver all prepared that basically says that NN, Scn, ABLE
> etc are not at fault and not to blame and they will try to get the
> parents to sign it.
>
> This is SOP for them. They don't care that the family is grieving, they
> will actually use the fact that they are so "downtone" in order to get
> them to sign the papers.
>
> Hopefully the family will kick them out of the house.
>
> P- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I don't know if they got that far with the family because his
very upset sister came own and really gavce them a piece of her
mind.Even so, I forwarded it to a family friend to relay to the
family for reference.

Mary

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 27, 2008, 1:01:51 AM6/27/08
On Jun 19, 6:05 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

> 'monitors' who are supposed to be monitoring thre patients. On June
> 11th,  under the watchful eye of 2 monitors,Patrick, a man who

> preferred alcohol to drugs, was taken by either another patient or a
> staff member ( someone named Brandon,) out to a place called the Bluff
> in Atlanta, where he was introduced for the first time to Heroin.
> Although 911 was called and he seemed better at one point, it was that
> heroin which eventually killed him that night.
>
> Narconon will try to say thatPatrickis part of the 30% who don't

> make it from the 70% who do but that would be a lie because the
> program that 'guarantees' it's help just messed up big time. Illegally
> operating as a residential program, selling a residential program to
> victims and their loved ones and not providing the care promised is
> negligence and fraud.   I will keep you updated as the info come in.

Making Everlasting Memories, worldwide memorialization, establish a
living family history

Patrick W. Desmond
Guest Book
There is 1 published message.

Message by A friend of narCONon victims
What a beautiful and telling memorial of a man well loved.

On behalf of narCONon victims worldwide, please accept this message of
sympathy, concern and compassion for this tragic & sudden loss of
Patrick. Please know that family and friends are welcome to write me
or our forum, www.narcononvictims.com if you are in need of assistance
or have any questions that are not being answered.

Mary McConnell,
volunteer advocate

http://www.mem.com/ViewTextTributes.aspx?ID=2490694

Tom Newton

Jun 27, 2008, 3:28:04 AM6/27/08
On 2008-06-19, in
<4f970c79-33b1-4613...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.co
m> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Now how the hell could you know that?

> out to a place called the Bluff in Atlanta, where he was
> introduced for the first time to Heroin.

Now how the hell could you know that?

The answer is you don't. If you actually knew that to be true
you'd have to take your information to the police department. By
law. And you obviously haven't done that.

> Although 911 was called and he seemed better at one point, it
> was that heroin which eventually killed him that night.
>
> Narconon will try to say that Patrick is part of the 30% who
> don't make it from the 70% who do

So now you are speaking for them, too?

Bullshit. Are you sane?

> but that would be a lie
> because the program that 'guarantees' it's help just messed up
> big time. Illegally operating as a residential program, selling
> a residential program to victims and their loved ones and not
> providing the care promised is negligence and fraud.

Says who? Those are matters to be decided by a Court, not some
stinking bigot postin on the Usenet.

And I'll bet it never comes to Court because it's garbage.

> I will keep you updated as the info come in.

Don't bother. No one with a lick of sense trusts you to be
honest.

You have simply manufactured most of the above "information",
based on malicious wishful thinking.

> Here is link to the obit and
> http://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=111641018 a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The
> pics are heartwarming. http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

Nothing there to substantiate the supposed 'information' you posted
above.

Drug addicts (which includes alcohol) who are so far gone that
they have sought or been compelled to take serious therapy die
all the time, regardless of where they are being treated.

Sensible people know that and your attempts to make this look
like some kind of unsusual event that is the result of criminal
behavior by the Church of Scientology is disgusting and pathetic.

Tom

--
The Truth will set you free:
http://www.sethcenter.com

Eldon

Jun 27, 2008, 5:12:11 AM6/27/08
> > a memorial set up byPatrick'sfamily. The pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694-Hide quoted text -

> Making Everlasting Memories, worldwide memorialization, establish a
> living family history
>
> Patrick W. Desmond
> Guest Book
> There is 1 published message.
>
> Message by A friend of narCONon victims
> What a beautiful and telling memorial of a man well loved.
>
> On behalf of narCONon victims worldwide, please accept this message of
> sympathy, concern and compassion for this tragic & sudden loss of
> Patrick. Please know that family and friends are welcome to write me
> or our forum,www.narcononvictims.comif you are in need of assistance

> or have any questions that are not being answered.

Good job of making a tactful inquiry, Mary. These situations are sort
of touchy. One doesn't want to rile the grieving family, but one
doesn't want OSA convincing them to sign some bogus release either, as
Patty predicted they would do.

Eldon

Jun 27, 2008, 5:20:27 AM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 9:28 am, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:
> On 2008-06-19, in
> <4f970c79-33b1-4613-99b3-906d1883f...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.co

She knows it the same way I do, asshole. Both of us have corresponded
with someone who has direct knowledge of what happened, and wants to
see that quack "rehab facility" shut down before it ruins or ends more
lives.

> The answer is you don't. If you actually knew that to be true
> you'd have to take your information to the police department. By
> law. And you obviously haven't done that.

The answer is that you're full of shit, and you should be mightily
ashamed of yourself for attempting to enable this scam operation to
bilk (and occasionally kill) more desperate people.

> > Although 911 was called and he seemed better at one point, it
> > was that heroin which eventually killed him that night.
>
> > Narconon will try to say that Patrick is part of the 30% who
> > don't make it from the 70% who do
>
> So now you are speaking for them, too?
>
> Bullshit. Are you sane?
>
> > but that would be a lie
> > because the program that 'guarantees' it's help just messed up
> > big time. Illegally operating as a residential program, selling
> > a residential program to victims and their loved ones and not
> > providing the care promised is negligence and fraud.
>
> Says who? Those are matters to be decided by a Court, not some
> stinking bigot postin on the Usenet.
>
> And I'll bet it never comes to Court because it's garbage.
>
> > I will keep you updated as the info come in.
>
> Don't bother. No one with a lick of sense trusts you to be
> honest.
>
> You have simply manufactured most of the above "information",
> based on malicious wishful thinking.
>

> > Here is link to the obit and

> >http://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&Pers...a memorial set up by Patrick's family. The
> > pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694

Tom Newton

Jun 27, 2008, 6:10:59 AM6/27/08
On 2008-06-19, in
<4f970c79-33b1-4613...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.co
m> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 3:38 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
>> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
>> complex that houses Narconon GA students.

"Narconon victim"? I've read the account below. He left their
facility without permission, certainly a violation of his contract
and treatment program, went someplace and took a lethal dose of
heroin.

You have to be pretty far gone to end up in that kind of
treatment facility and he was obviously too far gone to benefit
from it.

This happens at _all_ such treatment facilities.

Now you are going to be harassing the family, pretending to
be sympathetic (while being careful not to let them see you
salivating) and trying to feed them lies that you hope will
encourage them to blame the Church of Scientology for what
happenned.

You are ghouls. What you are trying to do is ugly and perverse
and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Tom

Alexia Death

Jun 27, 2008, 6:21:16 AM6/27/08
Tommyboy... Grow up.

Eldon

Jun 27, 2008, 6:23:14 AM6/27/08
On Jun 27, 12:10 pm, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:
> On 2008-06-19, in
> <4f970c79-33b1-4613-99b3-906d1883f...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.co
>
> m> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 18, 3:38 pm, Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentolog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> The funeral is being held today for 28 year old Narconon victim
> >> Patrick W Desmond, who died Wednesday, June 11 at the apartment
> >> complex that houses Narconon GA students.
>
> "Narconon victim"? I've read the account below. He left their
> facility without permission, certainly a violation of his contract
> and treatment program, went someplace and took a lethal dose of
> heroin.
>
> You have to be pretty far gone to end up in that kind of
> treatment facility and he was obviously too far gone to benefit
> from it.
>
> This happens at _all_ such treatment facilities.
>
> Now you are going to be harassing the family, pretending to
> be sympathetic (while being careful not to let them see you
> salivating) and trying to feed them lies that you hope will
> encourage them to blame the Church of Scientology for what
> happenned.
>
> You are ghouls. What you are trying to do is ugly and perverse
> and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mary is not anonymous and neither am I, asshole -- unlike you with
your pseudonym and "server.invalid" fake e-mail address. But yes, I
hope they decide to sue the shit out of your fucking scumbag cult,
which deserves it.

And I hope DM sends you to the RPF to shovel shit for a few years as
punishment for making such a fool of yourself.

> >http://www.legacy.com/FloridaToday/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&Pers...

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 27, 2008, 7:36:18 PM6/27/08
> > > a memorial set up byPatrick'sfamily. The pics are heartwarming.http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2490694-Hidequoted text -

> > Making Everlasting Memories, worldwide memorialization, establish a
> > living family history
>
> > Patrick W. Desmond
> > Guest Book
> > There is 1 published message.
>
> > Message by A friend of narCONon victims
> > What a beautiful and telling memorial of a man well loved.
>
> > On behalf of narCONon victims worldwide, please accept this message of
> > sympathy, concern and compassion for this tragic & sudden loss of
> > Patrick. Please know that family and friends are welcome to write me
> > or our forum,www.narcononvictims.comifyou are in need of assistance

> > or have any questions that are not being answered.
>
> Good job of making a tactful inquiry, Mary. These situations are sort
> of touchy. One doesn't want to rile the grieving family, but one
> doesn't want OSA convincing them to sign some bogus release either, as
> Patty predicted they would do.
>

> > Mary McConnell,
> > volunteer advocate
>
> >http://www.mem.com/ViewTextTributes.aspx?ID=2490694- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. It's a good sign because the family authorized it being
published instead of keeping it private.

obscene dog

Jun 27, 2008, 8:05:00 PM6/27/08
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:05:25 +0100, obscene dog <obsce...@xenu.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:21:57 -0400, "Patty Pieniadz"
><ppie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years.
>
>How do you feel now knowing that what you were selling these
>unfortunate people was a crock of crap?
>
>If you have answered this question before, please point me to the
>relevant post / web / forum.

Excuse the double post but an answer to this question would be
appreciated.

Patty

Jul 6, 2008, 2:37:52 PM7/6/08
On Jun 21, 2:05 pm, obscene dog <obscene....@xenu.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:21:57 -0400, "Patty Pieniadz"
>
> <ppieni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >When I was in, I ran Narconon CT for a few years.
>
> How do you feel now knowing that what you were selling these
> unfortunate people was a crock of crap?
>
> If you have answered this question before, please point me to the
> relevant post / web / forum.
>
> --
>
> Don't get in front of me.
> What the... Oh, shi-

http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/pieniadz1.html

Tom Newton

Jul 6, 2008, 3:12:55 PM7/6/08
On 2008-06-27, in <juqej5x...@treeoflife.3v8l2x.net> Tom
Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:

Some input from someone who isn't a braindead anti-Scientology
fanatic:

Tom

barb

Jul 6, 2008, 4:01:56 PM7/6/08
Tom Newton wrote:

Everyone knows that there are no ghouls on teh internets.

Alexia Death

Jul 6, 2008, 4:31:16 PM7/6/08
Tom Newton, you bad boy, breaking peoples topics again! Its the
naughty chair for you!