ARS is dead. Long live the trolls!

Quaoar

Feb 26, 2009, 11:00:05 PM2/26/09
I have read ARS almost since it's inception in 1991, although I read the
Scientology group on the Delphi server since 1987 or thereabouts until I
acquired broadband in about 2002. I think I started posting in 1996 - 1997.

ARS was, in its time, the center of news, views, and debate about
Scientology. Many important battles between Scientology and posters on
ARS were fought. ARS survived, as did most critical posters on ARS. If
it were not for ARS, there likely would never have developed a core
group of Scientology critics that largely persist to this day.
Unfortunately, most Scientology critics have moved on to other venues,
leaving ARS a venue for trolls.

Due to the demise of UseNet, ARS is a mere shadow of its former
importance as a source for criticism of Scientology. Most new
information is posted elsewhere on the intewebs on public forums, and
ARS is now a tarnished mirror, not a source.

Technology has killed ARS. Scientology has nothing to do with the
demise of ARS, as much as they would like to have big wins for the
current state of ARS. The internet simply has moved on to web-based
forums, blogs, etc., leaving ARS in the dustbin of progress.

Google News, with all of its Alerts, makes ARS redundant for breaking
news about Scientology. Google search makes it easy to find any site
critical of Scientology. Most internet users actually know nothing
about UseNet, making ARS dissolving in history like an Alka-Seltzer in
water.

ARS has passed into history, its own significance as the once proud
source of information about Scientology diminishing under the horizon as
the sun sets and internet technology moves on.

It is time to let ARS be inhabited by the trolls, where the trolls can
troll each other.

Truth Seeker

Feb 26, 2009, 11:29:43 PM2/26/09
It's not true.

Truth Seeker
===========

Must See Videos

1. X-Sea Org Member talks about his experiences at International
Headquarters of Scientology:

Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0NLEohgKo&feature=related

Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhntABWzRas&feature=related

Part III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTIo6eqJxk&feature=related

2. Actor Jason Beghe on life inside Scientology - Full Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb0BZyF5Ok

3. The Rev. John Carmichael, President of the Church of Scientology
in New York behaves badly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZh5sejqHw&feature=related

realpch

Feb 27, 2009, 4:15:26 AM2/27/09

Yeah yeah, but dang! it loads faster than all those other places!

: D

Peach
--
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
Save some dough, save some grief:

Ted Mayett

Feb 27, 2009, 6:23:53 AM2/27/09
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:00:05 -0700, Quaoar <qua...@marcabfleet.net>
wrote:

You bring up some good points here.

--
Ted Mayett
Critical information regarding Scientology:

Ted Mayett

Feb 27, 2009, 6:24:24 AM2/27/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:15:26 -0800, realpch <rea...@aol.com> wrote:

>Yeah yeah, but dang! it loads faster than all those other places!
>
>: D
>
>Peach

Yes!

Ted Mayett

Feb 27, 2009, 7:17:12 AM2/27/09
wrote:

>Technology has killed ARS. Scientology has nothing to do with the
>demise of ARS, as much as they would like to have big wins for the
>current state of ARS. The internet simply has moved on to web-based
>forums, blogs, etc., leaving ARS in the dustbin of progress.

Also usenet is more demanding than any of these things. Here there
are only words to be used. Those other places you can have pictures
of skulls and burning crosses and all kinds of things. Perhaps usenet
will one day be the real home of those willing to put effort into
something they are writing. Only words here, no visual or audio aids
to get your thoughts across. I'll be on usenet for as long as I live,
and there are lots of people like me.

Besides, message boards and the like are an invention of the
anti-christ. For pure speed, ease of reading, and simplicity in
archiving, usenet with a decent newsreader is unsurpassed.

AnoNotAmused

Feb 27, 2009, 7:35:12 AM2/27/09
On Feb 27, 5:17 am, Ted Mayett

TED TELL THE DWARF I SAID HI TO TEMPT HIM TO ATTEMPT THE LAST LOGIAL
RESULT AN I BECOME A MARTYR FOR YOU WORTHLeS PEOPLE! HELL NO! POLICE
YOUR OWN MENTAL HYGEINE YOURSELFS ON YOU OWN THIS IS TOO MUCH STRESS
FOR A JOB THAT DOES NO PAY ANYTHING BUT PERSONAL SENSE OF
ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I WILL NO LONGER DO THIS FOR YOU

GUESS WHAT! NEITHER DID LRH>

FUCKING CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE!

AnoNotAmused

Feb 27, 2009, 7:36:21 AM2/27/09
On Feb 27, 5:17 am, Ted Mayett
<ars.to.tedmay...@XXmmXXspamgourmet.com> wrote:

THiS USER WE BELIEVE TO BE FRAUDLENT AFTER MONTHS OF WATCHING HIM.. HE
HAS NEVER IDENTIFIED HIMSELF AND THUS I AM RIGHT TO BE CONCERED HIS
ONLY IMPORTANCE AT ALL IS THAT FUCKING NAME WHICH MUST BE OUTTED!

AnoNotAmused

Feb 27, 2009, 7:37:21 AM2/27/09
On Feb 27, 5:17 am, Ted Mayett
<ars.to.tedmay...@XXmmXXspamgourmet.com> wrote:

CLUE.. LRN2play the game before u roll FUCKIN DICE ON LIVES NEXxT TIME
FIRST!

AnoNotAmused

Feb 27, 2009, 7:41:51 AM2/27/09

IF I diE ONE OF YOU SUPPOSED DED WHO WAS SPOUTIN SHIT.. BE SURE AN BE
IN ATTENDACE FOR MY POTENTIAL FOR REALITY CHECK NOBEL PRIZE THAT I
THOUGHT WOULD BE FOR ALL

TURNS OUT SADLY.. I HAD ZERO IdEA WHEN THIS SHIT BEGAN OR I WOULD
NENVER THOUGHT OF YOU AS CLIENTS AND DID ALL THAT I COULD AFTER A
YEAR.

I AM doING THE BEsT THAT I CAN POSSIBLY dO TO SCHOCK OUT OF
SCIENTOLOGICAL THINKIING AND GET OUR BEFORE YOU ASSHOLE TRY TO KILL ME
AND SUCCEED ANY OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!

UNLEsS YOU LIFE IS IN DANGER LEAVE THE EGO OUTSIDE OR GET DOMED!

lawt...@hotmail.co.uk

Feb 27, 2009, 8:40:16 AM2/27/09

As a lurker, I can only agree somewhat. Usenet is being
surpassed generally by the l33t generation, who wish
cuteness over content. Whilst you still have to wad through
the trolls here, I still like and read this place.

It also feels remarkably safe. I could write literally anything
here, with the right precautions. Something you can't do
so easily with web based services, I feel. And that's
something which feels important to me atm (I'm from UK)

Lawtears

Zobicus

Feb 27, 2009, 10:20:11 AM2/27/09

You've written several of these if I recall correctly. Is it your
thinking that, when and if ARS does "die", you will be able to point
to a concurrent post you made, describing its downfall? Thus,
increasing your odds of being a visionary.

realpch

Feb 27, 2009, 12:56:38 PM2/27/09

Teddy, when I go visit, ahem, some places and I'm waiting for avatars,
and funny pix, and random videos to start to load SO I CAN SEE THE TEXT,
I confess I get a bit impatient.

"Revd" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD

Feb 27, 2009, 1:20:06 PM2/27/09
Boy, I've heard this too many times already!

"Quaoar" <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote in message

barbaralov...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 5:01:19 PM2/27/09
On Feb 26, 10:00 pm, Quaoar <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote:

It is still better than posting like a dumb and controlled sheep on
ESMB, CBMB or Anonymous or any other moderated message board. Trolls
come and go.
Nothing is more stupid than to allow corrupt dummies as Emma or
Andreas "regulate" speech.

Barbara Schwarz
--

"Emma" is an anonymous coward from Sydney, Australia who allows her
hate gang posters to defame, libel, harass, and violate copyrights.

Her message board is the same hate, defamation, and libel operation as
that of Norwegian Andreas Heldal-Lund who is an associate of a
convicted terrorist. He also blocks posters who oppose hatred.

As Lund and "Emma" are the moderators and can block posters who
publish hatred, lies, libel, defamation but not doing it, they are
under the law just as responsible for each piece of hatred, libel,
defamation, and lies that were posted on their message board. They
systematically destroy the lives and the reputations of individual
Scientologists with the purpose to cause them greatest
harm!

Please mail any information that you have about "Emma" aka "Itsaline",
aka "Michelle" to my e-mail address BarbaralovesMartyyes @ gmail.com
as it is time that her government or other governments are correcting
her and the likes.

The hatred posted on these message boards (including the "Anonymous"
snake pit) prepare the ground for terror activities against
Scientologists who didn't do anything to anybody, and the hatred, the
lies, the defamation, the libel has to stop. I DON'T WANT ANYBODY
BLOWN UP OR SHOT!

"Emma" is supported by Shirley Jean Wilson aka Tigger from Oklahoma,
former wife of David Koup. Shirely is also an anti-free speech
activist who bombards Google with wrongful complaints to stop postings
against terrorism and to pressure Google into violating the U.S.
constitution. She is a cyberstalker and an enemy of free speech.

Barbara Schwarz

Ted Mayett

Feb 27, 2009, 9:41:01 PM2/27/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:56:38 -0800, realpch <rea...@aol.com> wrote:

>Teddy, when I go visit, ahem, some places and I'm waiting for avatars,
>and funny pix, and random videos to start to load SO I CAN SEE THE TEXT,
>I confess I get a bit impatient.
>
>Peach

I'm on broadband, cable. Even with this sometimes those pages are
slow to load, sometimes they never load fully. Sometimes you can't
stop them from trying to load fully. And then you go click for
something else and that goes slow, and even slower sometimes.

And don't even dare to try and go back a few pages, that could cost
you everything, all the time you have already invested. But if you
are patient with broadband, if you wait long enough a picture suddenly
pops in and starts to do some cutesy morphing thing.

And you have winking smileys and blinking smileys and a few dozen
really really great smileys to choose from to put in your
post/message. aiyeee

But to do it on dial-up is really brutal, and not fair, such a time
waster.

Ted Mayett

Feb 27, 2009, 9:42:12 PM2/27/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:35:12 -0800 (PST), AnoNotAmused
<doxdr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>TED TELL THE DWARF I SAID HI

Done! (there was no response for you)

realpch

Feb 27, 2009, 10:18:19 PM2/27/09

Yeah, that's about the size of it for me, only slower.

I suppose humans always do this, overload systems.

John Dorsay

Feb 27, 2009, 11:00:59 PM2/27/09

There are text-only browsers that are extremely fast and
surprisingly good for viewing properly designed sites. Have you
ever tried lynx? I used it all the time when I was on dialup, and I
expect it is much improved in the intervening years.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/lynxtextwebbrowser.html

John

realpch

Feb 27, 2009, 11:58:36 PM2/27/09

I never tried it. I'll check it out. I've tried browsing with images
turned off, but it didn't work so great and I gave up.

Ted Mayett

Feb 28, 2009, 8:12:48 AM2/28/09
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:00:59 -0500, John Dorsay
<restim...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, that's about the size of it for me, only slower.
>>
>> I suppose humans always do this, overload systems.
>
>There are text-only browsers that are extremely fast and
>surprisingly good for viewing properly designed sites. Have you
>ever tried lynx? I used it all the time when I was on dialup, and I
>expect it is much improved in the intervening years.
>
>http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/lynxtextwebbrowser.html
>

>John

Dialup is really a thing of the past, but we all might need it at
times. The thing with these message boards though is that even with
broadband they are slow. You say 'viewing properly designed sites',
unfortunately that does not describe the bulk of the critical web
pages and such on the internet. I'm on broadband, properly configured
Firefox, and somewhat of a geek. And many of these blogs and stuff
are terribly slow. Whereas properly coded web sites work quickly.

I can bring in 2400 headers here on days when I haven't logged into
ars for a week or so. And I don't cringe at the number, no need to
cringe or sweat. 2 hours and less and I can plow through them all, or
go slower or faster. Compare that to a message board, how long would
it take to do 2400 messages in the same day, sheesh, your load time
would drag on and on as the day wore on. Here I can go back to a
message with ease, on a message board I have to remember what page it
was on, and where roughly on the page it was located. Message boards
and blogs are just slow, and that is that, slow compared to usenet.

Maybe the world will evolve back to usenet in the future. For today
blogs and such are where the action is.

Quaoar

Feb 28, 2009, 9:28:26 PM2/28/09

Dunno what kind of broadband speeds you have, the age of the computers
you have, or the browser you use. Admittedly, ARS loads fast since it
is text-based.

OTOH, I have no problems with page construction, page loading speed, or
any other faults on the web since I contracted for broadband. This
including a an old Dell notebook circa 1994 that works flawlessly in its
48MB of RAM.

Quaoar

Feb 28, 2009, 9:40:05 PM2/28/09

No, you misinterpret my posting. The fact is that breaking news,
discussion from the majority of Scientology critics, and documentation
of current events, have all moved into web forums. The fact is that
UseNet is a dying venue. Not many new critics even know of UseNet,
except from Google Groups, if even there. Google Groups, as you well
know, is less than user-friendly. Web fora, OTOH, are user-friendly and
have become the first choice for posting about Scientology. ARS gets
some of these postings, but the frequency of missing important postings
is increasing daily.

Your attribution of motivation for my thoughts is completely incorrect.
My postings on this subject are motivated by the FACTS that UseNet is
dying rapidly, as is ARS as a primary source of information and
criticism of Scientology. Coupled with the excessive trolling, ARS has
become a garbage can with minor content, with content that has been
posted previously on web fora.

My objective is for the OG to recognize what is happening, why ARS is no
longer an important venue for Scientology criticism, and why posters
should consider moving on the web fora.

If YOU don't like it, so be it. We are all individuals with freedom of
thought and of action.

Quaoar

Feb 28, 2009, 9:43:32 PM2/28/09

Maybe I AM harping; but you, as a respected, long-term, critic no longer
have a voice in the larger world of Scientology criticism if you post
to ARS. Your 'voice' on ARS is like talking into a void, since most
critics have moved to other venues. If you want your voice heard, you
should move onto web venues as so many others have done.

Android Cat

Feb 28, 2009, 10:28:04 PM2/28/09
Quaoar wrote:

> Your attribution of motivation for my thoughts is completely
> incorrect. My postings on this subject are motivated by the FACTS
> that UseNet is dying rapidly, as is ARS as a primary source of
> information and criticism of Scientology. Coupled with the excessive
> trolling, ARS has become a garbage can with minor content, with
> content that has been posted previously on web fora.
>
> My objective is for the OG to recognize what is happening, why ARS is
> no longer an important venue for Scientology criticism, and why
> posters should consider moving on the web fora.

That's what you said last year.

===
From: "Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: ARS is major fael; important news on www.enturbulation.org
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:22:21 -0400

Quaoar wrote:
> obscene dog wrote:
>> I don't usually bother with web fora so it's nice when someone takes
>> the time to look through them and cherry pick for me :-)
>
> "Others" are not doing it. Those links that I've posted have gone
> unread, or at least unanswered.
>
> ARS is dead meat.

So why are you posting here? GTFO.
===

Meh. It seems silly to keep crying doom over something that no one controls,
no one owns, and no one can pull the switch on.

--
Ron of that ilk.
Death of ARS predicted, film at 11!

henri

Feb 28, 2009, 11:43:27 PM2/28/09
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:28:04 -0500, "Android Cat"
<androi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Quaoar wrote:

>> Your attribution of motivation for my thoughts is completely
>> incorrect. My postings on this subject are motivated by the FACTS
>> that UseNet is dying rapidly, as is ARS as a primary source of
>> information and criticism of Scientology. Coupled with the excessive
>> trolling, ARS has become a garbage can with minor content, with
>> content that has been posted previously on web fora.

>> My objective is for the OG to recognize what is happening, why ARS is
>> no longer an important venue for Scientology criticism, and why
>> posters should consider moving on the web fora.

>That's what you said last year.

The reason ARS is dying is it is overrun by abject fucking lunatics,
like the Q-hole as one prominent example.

"Revd" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD

Mar 1, 2009, 1:05:41 PM3/1/09

"Quaoar" <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote in message

I wouldn't call it 'harping' exactly. The announcements of the demise of
a.r.s. or its usefullness etc. are numerous and have at no point really been
a predicting factor of that demise etc. "respected"? [snicker] Thanks
nonetheless. I've been out of touch lately thanks to a combination of a
nasty, tall fall, and a trojan worm - to say nothing of the several-day-long
backup needed before recreating the machine here. Indeed, if I needed to
tell the critical community something, I wouldn't just post it on a.r.s. -
but of course this would have been the case in earlier days as well, though
these days there are so many receptive and supportive locations upon which
to post critical information it would make it seem as if a.r.s. is
redundant. I disagree. For as long as the Scientology CULT "needs" to
eliminate a.r.s. 'without sorrow' it will be a viable place to wage battle.
Just not the only one, and of course the CULT doesn't know how to play, let
alone win, the whack-a-mole game they used to think was their sole domain.

Back to the ice bag for now.

SP.

Hartley Patterson

Mar 1, 2009, 4:42:44 PM3/1/09
not-ear...@nor-hotmail.com:

> I wouldn't call it 'harping' exactly. The announcements of the demise of
> a.r.s. or its usefullness etc. are numerous and have at no point really been
> a predicting factor of that demise etc.

There is is course the *slight* problem that critics can't shut ARS down
either. It will here until Usenet itself is turned off, which will come
when the *total* traffic drops to next to nothing. My post count tells me
there are still plenty of other active newsgroups.

ARS might for example become like some other newsgroups, a chatroom for
friends with a common interest. I subscribe to a couple like that. And
there will always be lurkers, journalists etc who learn about ARS from say
Wikipedia and come to take a look - it would be unfortunate if they found
it to be 100% spam and OSA!

--
alt.religion.scientology FAQ
Please read before posting

"Revd" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD

Mar 2, 2009, 2:45:34 PM3/2/09

"Hartley Patterson" <hpt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> not-ear...@nor-hotmail.com:
>
>> I wouldn't call it 'harping' exactly. The announcements of the demise of
>> a.r.s. or its usefullness etc. are numerous and have at no point really
>> been
>> a predicting factor of that demise etc.
>
> There is is course the *slight* problem that critics can't shut ARS down
> either. It will here until Usenet itself is turned off, which will come
> when the *total* traffic drops to next to nothing. My post count tells me
> there are still plenty of other active newsgroups.
>
> ARS might for example become like some other newsgroups, a chatroom for
> friends with a common interest. I subscribe to a couple like that. And
> there will always be lurkers, journalists etc who learn about ARS from say
> Wikipedia and come to take a look - it would be unfortunate if they found
> it to be 100% spam and OSA!

Yes indeed! Free speech enacted: when the Scientology CULT is no longer a
threat to people, I'll stop coming here.

Zobicus

Mar 2, 2009, 3:58:39 PM3/2/09
On Mar 2, 1:45 pm, "\"Revd\" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD" <not-
earthli...@nor-hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Hartley Patterson" <hptt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> > not-earthli...@nor-hotmail.com:

> >> I wouldn't call it 'harping' exactly.  The announcements of the demise of
> >> a.r.s. or its usefullness etc. are numerous and have at no point really
> >> been
> >> a predicting factor of that demise etc.
>
> > There is is course the *slight* problem that critics can't shut ARS down
> > either. It will here until Usenet itself is turned off, which will come
> > when the *total* traffic drops to next to nothing. My post count tells me
> > there are still plenty of other active newsgroups.
>
> > ARS might for example become like some other newsgroups, a chatroom for
> > friends with a common interest. I subscribe to a couple like that. And
> > there will always be lurkers, journalists etc who learn about ARS from say
> > Wikipedia and come to take a look - it would be unfortunate if they found
> > it to be 100% spam and OSA!
>
> Yes indeed!  Free speech enacted: when the Scientology CULT is no longer a
> threat to people, I'll stop coming here.

"Old soldiers never die; they just fade away." Dogulas MacArthur

I think the same applies to internet forums. CPR can always be
applied.

Quaoar

Mar 2, 2009, 9:05:36 PM3/2/09

Henri, you are the quintessential spokehole for your paymistress. You
haven't, although being paid, had one original thought on ARS for years.

Everyone respects you, in your mind, because you use the same
denigrating verbiage that you have used for years, and most are lacking
the 'confront' to deny your your scurrilous postings. At least you
could post *something* original.

I think you are conflicted: go get another underage girl on one of the
social sites. Do what you want to do, with 'who' you want to do it with.

realpch

Mar 2, 2009, 10:30:58 PM3/2/09

I think you're mixing up your rumours and scandals here.

henri

Mar 2, 2009, 10:35:25 PM3/2/09
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:30:58 -0800, realpch <rea...@aol.com> wrote:

>Quaoar wrote:

>> I think you are conflicted: go get another underage girl on one of the
>> social sites. Do what you want to do, with 'who' you want to do it with.

>I think you're mixing up your rumours and scandals here.

I think he's lost his mind. There's something organically wrong. Hope
he gets treatment. It might be senility, or perhaps Korsakoff's
psychosis.

Hard to tell from a distance but it's clear Jim's gone mentally
defective.

knok_knok

Mar 2, 2009, 11:12:33 PM3/2/09
Yes, it may have a lot less traffic that in years gone by, but it is
still a usefull source of information.

Where else can you see scientologys' OSA still in action in real time.
Every day at the same time Angela/Trudy et-al turn up on cue, spouting
their useless anti-psych drivel with NO links to actual truth. They
are doing this at the request of their scientology masters (lest they
be RPF'd) in an attempt to "handle the internet".
A job unwittingly started by Tory Magoo back in the mid 90's.
Fortunately she saw what was happening and blew.

Where else can you see a daily demonstration of what scientology can
do for your long term mental health? Just look at any post or reply by
Barbara Schwartz, and you will see the results of what Hubbards tech
will do to your state of mind!

Then of course there are the "hidden" scientology supporters,
pretending to be critics but are just creating distraction and
falsehood... yes i'm talking about Lily and Truthseeker...

And lastly, the out of the closet pro scientology losers ... Johnathon
Barbera, Tom Newton and the rest.

No, ARS still has its purpose and I'm sure will never truly be
abandoned as long as there are still a handfull of critics posting
here. If only a couple of critics still post, OSA can never stop their
anti-psych spam.... its the Hubbard tech you see... they are
programmed to respond... they cant help it.. they must..they must...
the tech must not fail..the tech cant fail.........

You see, ARS has become a virtual museum and usenet petting zoo all
rolled into one. Just come on in and play with the local wildlife...
it's fun AND educational. Who knows... you may even learn something!

This also helps the other critic sites that are actually on the job
doing something in the physical world, without the OSA operatives
interferring.

Just follow the links.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/ >>>>> home of anonymous
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/ >>>> home of a lot of the OG
http://www.forum.exscn.net/index.php >>>>>> Where ex-scienos go to
meet.

Enjoy!

Android Cat

Mar 2, 2009, 11:22:00 PM3/2/09
Hartley Patterson wrote:
> not-ear...@nor-hotmail.com:
>
>> I wouldn't call it 'harping' exactly. The announcements of the
>> demise of a.r.s. or its usefullness etc. are numerous and have at no
>> point really been a predicting factor of that demise etc.
>
> There is is course the *slight* problem that critics can't shut ARS
> down either. It will here until Usenet itself is turned off, which
> will come when the *total* traffic drops to next to nothing. My post
> count tells me there are still plenty of other active newsgroups.

Ah. And how *do* you switch off Usenet, exactly? Removing the backbone
peers might not do it. In fact, refactoring Usenet as carried by a
distributed net of PC servers and a bump in the NNTP protocols might be an
improvement. (Scrap most of the binary groups except for carrying Torrent
links for starters. And once those bandwidth hogs and DMCA-magnets are gone,
it wouldn't surprise me if many ISPs rethought their position on carrying
Usenet.)

There's the minor matter of the private keys held for the Big-8 groups, but
any replacement cabal can hand out new ones.

And any new software could have a filter against displaying, downloading,
propogating articles from GooGroo as a default.

(Fig Newton's endless subject lines were a violation of RFC 2822:
2.1.1. Line Length Limits
There are two limits that this standard places on the number of
characters in a line. Each line of characters MUST be no more than
998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
the CRLF.

Fsck'em untill they learn that they /don't/ run this.
)

Black Mamba

Mar 2, 2009, 11:25:55 PM3/2/09
"knok_knok" <fp_d...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Hey Knok, Knok, you know what?

A while back I used to post to a newsgroup called alt.flame.niggers. Why?
Because it was the only newsgroup I knew of at the time where you could say
to someone "Thank you black jungle bunny" or "Thanks black coon" while at
the same time still being on topic regarding the subject of racism towards
one's fellow man.

It was very educational.

But there was this one guy, that used to post every day 50 posts in a row,
ALL saying the same thing "Blacks are bad" "Blacks are jigaboo's" and that
kind of thing but yet he was still on topic. So one day I wrote to him and
told him I admired his posts and he referred me to his website and we became
friends. He has some interesting views ESPECIALLY as regards negroes. But
people know that.

The people you are referring, Trudy, Angela and the Gang Over At OSA never
answer anybody, not even Barbara Schwarz who practically sells her soul to
these people in her posts.

They are nothing.

--
When It Comes To Scientology:
"EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW"

John Dorsay

Mar 2, 2009, 11:55:46 PM3/2/09
Android Cat wrote:

> And any new software could have a filter against displaying, downloading,
> propogating articles from GooGroo as a default.

Where do I get this software?

John, who does realize it's just wishful thinking...

Android Cat

Mar 3, 2009, 12:15:09 AM3/3/09

Let me check my notes...

Hartley Patterson

Mar 3, 2009, 10:25:16 AM3/3/09
androi...@hotmail.com:

> it wouldn't surprise me if many ISPs rethought their position on carrying
> Usenet.)

ISPs removed Usenet I suspect because suits saw it as an easy way of
brownnosing. Here was this easily identifiable bit of the Internet that
earned no revenue and was used by only a small fraction of their
customers. Plus, most of it is porn.

Quaoar

Mar 3, 2009, 7:36:46 PM3/3/09

Now, Henri is a psychiatrist! One is laughing out his ass! At the
least, I've never manipulated to have sex with an underage girl!

Yep, I have a psychosis...NOT! I am surprised that you can even spell
'psychosis'. Did your paymaster suggest that accusing me of mental
disease or defect would bolster your limp-dick argument?

You, Henri, are one of the many reasons that ARS has gone down the
bunghole of life. Your counter-arguments always, without fail, follow
the OSA line. I hope that PG remains favorable to your cause, lest you
be cut loose, without payment for your posts, and have to make
scurrilous accusations without any proof whatsoever on your own tab.

Frankly writing, I am somewhat distressed that you have disintegrated
intellectually so that you cannot now post at least a cogent argument
against any topic whatsoever. You have become a mere paid shadow of
your former respected persona. It's not my loss, but yours.

Don't worry, pedophile! I have canceled my giganews account, and await
the day that I no longer have access. After that day, you can whine and
wale to your heart's content, I will not respond. ARS is dying, almost
dead. Get another venue for your vileness, if any forum will accept you!

Again, in my view, you should accost another underage girl to relieve
your tensions. Alternatively, tell PG and D to fuck off and you can
regain your original life and intellect. The choice is yours.

Quaoar

Mar 3, 2009, 7:46:05 PM3/3/09

Scientology has NOTHING to do with the decline of ARS. Technology has
made ARS a non-entity in Scientology criticism, for better or for worse.
Technology has made it possible for anyone to offer up a forum
critical of scientology at minimal cost. Many forums now provide the
critical venues that ARS did maybe as little at two or three years ago.

Scientology might take credit for the FACT that nothing of importance,
except R. Hill's analyses of the cult's finances, has appeared first on
ARS for many months. Almost everything posted on ARS is copypasta from
the original posted sources, i.e., web forums.

In addition, OCMB, formerly as important as a prime source of critical
information about Scientology as was ARS, has become, like ARS, a
impotent third level copypasta source.

Both ARS and OCMB have served their purposes as historical primary
sources of information. Both now have very little to offer. Most
breaking information and discussion are being done on other venues.

Get over it and move on.

"Revd" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD

Mar 4, 2009, 2:15:38 AM3/4/09

"Quaoar" <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote in message

But... why then are you still here? Hmm?

exin...@tiscali.se

Mar 4, 2009, 5:03:23 AM3/4/09
On 4 Mar, 08:15, "\"Revd\" Norle Enturbulata DVD, OD, DTS, SPD" <not-

Trolls questioning Ron Hubbard are more valueable to mans progress
than scientologists not doing so.

Scientologists attacking their own disability to question Ron Hubbard
don't have to attack the ones questioning him.

Fredric L. Rice

Mar 8, 2009, 2:58:07 PM3/8/09
Quaoar <qua...@marcabfleet.net> wrote:

>Due to the demise of UseNet, ARS is a mere shadow of its former
>importance as a source for criticism of Scientology.

It's the same for all Usenet. Pick any newsgroup and it's usually
dead. The few that remain are choked with commercial frauds being
adverized.

---
Pizza delivery! And here are your two free katana swords!