St. Petersburg Times' _Man behind the religion_ 'copypasta' serves David Miscavige's agenda

R. Hill

Apr 27, 2009, 12:02:32 PM4/27/09
Anybody knows who these people are?
http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/1200/

From bits here and there on the web site, I suspect it could be these
Scientologists:
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/j/jane-james.html
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/david-james.html
But maybe someone can confirm from the pictures?

I wonder because of that particular page:
http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/1200/davidmiscavige.html

Now this page comes up high in the first page of results when one Google
"David Miscavige." It's essentially a (sort of) copypasta of *only the
first page* of an article published in the St. Petersburg Times on Oct
25, 1998, which can be found there:
http://www.sptimes.com/TampaBay/102598/scientologypart1.html

I think a lot of the web site is dedicated to improve hits in search
engines for many Scientology topics, and in particular for "David
Miscavige." (The pages on the web site link profusely to countless
official Scientology websites.)

The interesting thing about the copypasted article on David Miscavige is
that it copies *only the first page* of the article out of 3 pages,
without further linking to the original article for further reading (as
opposed to, say, Arnie Lerma's page:
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/sptimes/spt-manbehind.html#)

Also quite interesting, using an online "diff" tool
(http://www.quickdiff.com/#), I found that the "copypaster" kept the
"Copyright St. Petersburg Times, published October 25, 1998" stamp on
the article, but *actually changed slightly the content* of the article
as follow:

* All instances of "Miscavige" have been changed to "Mr. David Miscavige"

* All instances of "IRS" have been changed to "Internal Revinue Service"
[sic], except for one which has been changed to "Internal Reveninue
Service (IRS)" [sic]

* An instance of "Religious Technology Center" has been changed to
"Religious Technology Center (RTC)"

I believe deceitfully changing the content of a copyrighted article is
not very nice (although very Scientological.)

--
Ray.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Apr 27, 2009, 2:14:42 PM4/27/09
On Apr 27, 12:02 pm, "R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> wrote:
> Anybody knows who these people are?http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/1200/

>  From bits here and there on the web site, I suspect it could be these
> Scientologists:http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/j/jane-james.htmlhttp://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/david-james.html
Good catch, Ray. Interesting. That Geocities is old.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Fathens%2Fdelphi%2F1200&btnG=Search

The daughter Sadie James was at the 'shower " of a now critic who
posted a pic of her looking quite mature ( among what seems like
millions of pics) to www.scientology-london.com/index.html

Perhaps writing the site owner may provide you with more info. She can
be reached at " cult.watch at hushmail.com " I suspect Sadie is at
least 18 now, maybe older. She's in Washington DC:

“Name a totalitarian or oppressive government in the world today and
you’ve also named a government which does not want its citizens to
know about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,” said Sadie
James, Director of the Youth for Human Rights Washington, DC chapter.
http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200712/1197319353.html

I just read where yahoo geocities is folding so who knows what will
happen to their site there. The mom does have an active blog that
lists a contact address:
http://bighappyfamily.blogspot.com/

And had another site since closed:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020820201354/http://pages.ivillage.com/janeand6/

Hope this helps

Hartley Patterson

Apr 27, 2009, 5:27:17 PM4/27/09
rh...@xenu-directory.net:

> Anybody knows who these people are?
> http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/1200/

Looks like a typical creepy public CoS member page of the kind that were
being produced after the cookie cutters were abandoned. Google Blogger has
lots of them. The list of David Miscavige links is copypasted from one of
the others, it's a kind of 'All Praise to the Leader' mantra that protects
from the Thought Police.

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/index.htm