Who Killed L. Ron Hubbard?

1 view

ShyDavid

May 1, 2003, 11:33:49 PM5/1/03
Robert Vaughn Young (September 2, 1998)

[ ... ]

HUBBARD'S DEATH

When Hubbard died, everything changed. (duh) I went to the death site
(his ranch at Creston, near San Luis Obispo CA) that night along with
David Miscavige and some attorneys. Since none of us - including
Miscavige - had ever been there, we were met at a restaurant by Pat
Broeker who took us to the ranch. We arrived at perhaps 4 a.m.
(Hubbard was found dead at about 8 p.m. I was told at 10. We left LA
at perhaps 1 a.m. I wasn't always watching the clock, given the
circumstances.)

What's amusing in the cult's attempt to DA me is their saying that I
went to the ranch along with some gardeners and cooks. Right.
Gardeners and cooks were the first to be rushed up that night, before
the authorities were called or the body taken away. ROFL! Don't you
just love these guys!

Creston was where the story was put together that he had moved on to
the next level of research, or however it was worded, when it was
announced at the Palladium and to the world. The event was so
carefully constructed that no one noticed that something essential was
missing, but Ill get to that in a moment. But during the event, I
stayed at the ranch to deal with any media who might show up or call.
None did and less than 48 hours later, the Challenger space shuttle
blew up, bumping news of his death and any serious questions from the
media. I was monitoring the TV news via a satellite dish and watched
it happen and reported it. While the rest of the world was in shock,
DM was happy because we had been bumped from the news. But that is how
one comes to view the world at that echelon.

THE NEWBERRY RANCH

I later moved to another ranch Hubbard owned, at Newberry Springs,
east of Barstow CA and stayed there for a couple of months. Hubbard
never visited it (it was merely a fallback location for him) and I
never did see that anyone learned about this one, even the media. I
guess they were all hung up on the Creston property, near San Luis
Obispo, where he died.

The most lasting benefit of my stay at Newberry was that that was
where I stopped smoking. One day DM, Mitoff, Pat Broeker, Mike
Eldridge and I were sitting around and we all agreed to stop smoking,
although Broeker was the only non-smoker. Mitoff had a horrible time
of it. He ended up on Skoal Bandits, spitting disgustingly into a
bucket while driving back and forth to LA, and also addicting me to
the little cusses. In the end, I was the only one who stopped, making
me wish we had put some money in a pool.

In the months I spent between the Creston and Newberry ranches, Pat
and I became good friends. He had been Hubbard's closest and most
trusted aide and confident for those final years. With what I already
knew about Hubbard, Pat and I had the greatest talks. Sometimes Pat
and I were the only ones at the ranch, so we eould chat while moving
horses or going to town to shop. I began to learn about the life
Hubbard had lead while in hiding for those last years, moving between
towns in the Bluebird bus and finally settling down in Creston.
(BTIAS)

THE STRUGGLE STARTS - WHO WILL REPLACE HUBBARD?

Meanwhile, a power struggle was brewing to see who would take control
of Scientology and Newberry was the place where many of the
discussions occurred while DM stayed either in LA or in Hemet. (Jesse
will have something to say about that someday because he was seriously
involved in the ensuing explosion.) It would result in a number of
people fleeing (such as Jesse) or going to the RPF (such as me).

A key element in the power struggle was Hubbard's last message to the
rank-and-file. Those who were in the cult back in 1986-87 will
remember this incident. It was a message from Hubbard that was issued
as a Sea Org directive. It said goodbye, wishing them well and
establishing a new rank/position called Loyal Officer or LO. (The term
is taken from OT3.) Pat was to be the LO1 and his wife Annie was to be
LO2 and it basically turned the management of the Sea Org over to
them. And since the SO ran Scientology, that meant they were at the
top of the heap. DM was not mentioned in the directive. It was later
was issued to all staff - with DM's approval and authority - reduced
in size and put in a small fram with a photo of Hubbard for the desk
of every staff member.

In the meantime, Pat began to slowly take control. I would often get
phone calls from him. He would never identify himself on the phone,
going back to his years of tight security, but merely would say, "Hi,
it's me."

I won't try to give the details of the ensuing power struggle because
I was in LA and it was happened at Creston, Newberry and Hemet. (I
leave it to Jesse, who was there.) But the outcome was that Miscavige
won. And typical of any political coup, there was a sudden purge as he
consolidated his power. Anyone DM thought might be a friend of
Broeker's who would pose a threat were sent to Scientology's
equivalent of Lubayanka Prison or Siberia: the RPF, so I went. For 16
months and three escape attempts.

Now here is where it gets interesting, folks.

MISCAVIGE CANCELS HUBBARD'S MESSAGE

While I was on the RPF, a directive came out from Miscavige saying the
supposed final message from Hubbard that named Broeker was a forgery
by Broeker and it was being canceled. That same day, Annie Broeker
appeared on the RPF. This was not the Annie I had come to know. What
stumbled into the RPF was a completely broken person. She was pale and
hollow and her eyes were empty. There was no mistaking it. She had
been broken and only now was she being thrown away into the trash heap
called the RPF. Even then, she was kept under guard, just to be sure.

TWO IMPORTANT OMITTEDS

With the cancellation of the message from Hubbard, there were now two
vital things missing that were 100% Hubbard and 100% standard tech and
yet no one seemed to notice or, if they did, no one dared to remark on
it. But then, as Hubbard correctly pointed out, the hardest thing to
notice is the thing that is omitted.

What was now missing was (1) something from Hubbard to all
Scientologists saying goodbye and what he was doing and (2) something
that passed his hat, which is one of the most basic tenets in the
organization. They had been missing at the event announcing his death
but with the cancellation by Miscavige, they were missing more than
ever.

WHERE WAS HUBBARD'S MESSAGE?

One does not require much knowledge about L. Ron Hubbard to know that
it would be completely unlike him to simply leave - especially if the
story about his going off to do more research were true - and not
leave a message. So if he HAD left as Scientologists were told, where
was the message if the other was a forgery?

But perhaps more importantly, where was the hat turnover? I don't mean
the volumes of policies and bulletins. I mean something that says, I
hereby appoint Joe Blow to take over as... Would Hubbard leave the
planet and not pass on the command? Hardly.

Or let's put it in one of the most basic tenets from Hubbard: if it
isn't written, it isn't true.

(Note: Hubbard's will was hardly a Scientology hat turnover and has
not been issued to the rank and file as policy.)

So the question became (to those of us who wondered), if the LO
directive was a forgery, where was the real one? Where were Hubbard's
wishes IN WRITING?

MISCAVIGE HAD NOTHING FROM HUBBARD

Of course, DM never provided anything and no one was willing to ask
and risk being sent to the RPF with the rest of us. He said it was a
forgery and that was that. End of discussion.

For the rest of my stay in the cult, Pat Broeker was never mentioned
because, in the cult, you learn what to not talk about. Pat became
what in Orwell's "1984" is a non-person. He had been written out of
history, with anyone who cared (such as me) being sent to the RPF or
interrogated (security checked) until they got the point, which meant
(per the head on a pike policy) that everyone else got the message.

So without a shred of WRITTEN evidence from Hubbard and by canceling
what even DM had first agreed was from Hubbard, Miscavige was now in
control while Broeker had disappeared.

Can you say, "coup"?

But hold on! It gets better.

READING THE MATERIAL ANEW

After Stacy and I fled the cult in 1989, I put it all behind me. I
simply wanted my life back and the last thing I needed was to think
about the cult. They had taken enough of my life without my adding
more. But after a couple of years of drying out, Stacy and I were
invited to help with some legal cases and this gave us a chance to
handle the material that once handled us. We could now read Hubbard
and TALK about the material, which is completely forbidden in the
cult. It was like back-flushing a radiator and watching what comes
out.

I came across a copy of Miscavige's cancellation of Hubbards final
message and I began to kick it around with Stacy. As we talked, I
started to comment on the various little oddities, starting with the
cancellation itself. I began to remember a few others that I had
packed away at the time. We were having a conversation that Sea Org
staff could no more do than a loyal Communists might question the a
change of power in the Kremlin, and for the same reasons.

AN "ACCEPTABLE TRUTH" IS FED SCIENTOLOGISTS

In the weeks and months that followed, I couldn't shake the events
surrounding Hubbard's death and DM's takeover. Little oddities took on
forms like pieces of a jig saw puzzle. I felt like an amnesiac trying
to recover his memory yet what was there to recover? I was there at
the ranch. I was there when Hubbard's body was taken out. I was there
when the execs were called up the ranch and told to get an event
together, but not being told why. I was there when the attorneys
reported his death and then scurried to get the body through the
coroner. Etc, etc, etc. So what was the problem? Yeah, the next higher
level of research story was the sort of pap we used to feed the
rank-and-file all the time but it wasn't as if we LIED to them. (Sort
of the way Clinton said he didn't LEGALLY lie.) We didn't LEGALLY lie,
did we?

Per Hubbard's policy, they were given an "acceptable truth" because of
"the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics." What that
means in plain speak was that there would be panic and disaffection in
the ranks if it was thought that Hubbard - the OT of all OTs, of
course - was not at cause over life and death. If the tech couldn't
help him, how could it help others? That was the myth that had to be
protected at all costs and that was what the story did when his death
was announced. It fed the myth that everyone so wanted to believe.
(And it kept the money coming in.)

WORKING WITH PUZZLE PIECES

While in the cult, I had done a lot of investigative reporting and
some of the best I did was working on some of the CIA's mind control
documents created under the code name MK ULTRA. When the CIA released
them, much was blanked out and working with a team of people
hand-selected by Stacy, we went through documents that the media had
skipped past because they were so fragmentary and so heavily deleted.
In one file, for example, there were receipts for the installation of
mufflers on a 1953 Mercury, a tiny battery-powered motor, elevator
tickets to the Empire State Building, nose plugs, a receipt for
someone to attend a Microscropy convention, etc.

Bit by bit, we struggled to give them meaning until one piece cracked
another, like breaking a code. We came up with the experiment and got
national news on Operation Big City where bacillus were released
(through the mufflers) to test for bacterial warfare. (The elevator
tickets were so agents could go up and measure the amount of released
bacteria.) It is a story the cult still likes to cite, along with
several others I did for them, under my byline in the Freedom rag.
Since then, per Orwell, my name has been deleted, of course.

Pouring over those heavily deleted CIA documents was how I felt like
while I chewed on the oddities around Hubbard's death, such as nothing
in writing from him, Broeker missing, the fact that Denk (Hubbard's
physician at the time of death) had also disappeared, Annie's
appearance and little things that I had seen and learned at the ranch.

THE BLUE FLASH

And then it hit me. It was what Hubbard calls a blue flash, the sudden
insight.

Hubbard didn't die [a natural death--- dmr].

He was killed [murdered--- dmr].

I fell back in my chair, completely stunned. In all of the years since
1986, I had never once considered that possibility. Even with my being
long out of the cult and directing criticism at various practices and
policies, the thought had never crossed my mind that Hubbard might
have been killed.

I got a sheet of paper and began to take notes, my heart pounding and
my breathing hurried. That nagging feeling had turned into an
adrenaline rush that I couldn't explain.

Who was there at the Creston ranch when Hubbard died?

* Pat Broeker - MIA.

* Annie Broeker - broken, under their control.

* Two Scientology ranch hands. While trusted to work on the ranch, I
came to see how much they were kept out of the loop.

* Gene Denk - Hubbard's personal physician. (And mine. Small world.)
Denk had disappeared for a year after the death, which was one of
those oddities, before returning to his practice up the street from
the main Hollywood complex.

End of list, a too-short list so I started to add who went up that
night in the three-car caravan that included DM, some attorneys and a
couple of us "gardeners and cooks." Nothing there.

I looked at the list. Pat Broeker was the only possibility, if he was
out and alive. For all I knew, he was dead or locked up somewhere and
in a mental state that approximated cold oatmeal. There was no middle
ground. He wouldn't have been given a safe back-lines job or I would
have heard about it.

SEARCHING FOR BROEKER

So how would I find Pat Broeker, if he was alive. I racked my memory,
trying to dig out some clue he might have given me in the months that
we were together but I came up with nothing. My tendency to not
inquire about a person's personallife had just sold me short. I didn't
even know what state he was from. Who might? Who would know where he
came from or where he was born? I needed some clue to start the search
and the problem was the security that Pat used for his job. He had
explained to me how any trace of him had been wiped out, to ensure
that no one could find Hubbard by finding him. Plus if Pat had escaped
or fled, he was skilled enough to hide from any search as that was
what he had been doing for years to hide Hubbard from the authorities.

I finally remembered one location he told me about and sent a message
there saying that I was trying to reach him but no reply came. After a
few months I sent another and waited. The months turned into nearly a
year and I basically gave up until one day when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi," came a voice. "It's me."

I paused, saying nothing.

"Pat?" I finally said with some incredulity. "Is that you?"

"Yeah," he said, with what I swear was a twinkle in his voice. "How
are you?"

What a question!

RINDER WAKES UP

Let's jump ahead a few years when I was in a deposition in Denver, in
the FACTNet case. The usual goon squad was there, including Mike
Rinder, who proudly heads up the criminal Dept. 20 where Scientology's
felons are produced. Rinder was struggling to stay awake in the corner
while the cult attorney was going through a list of names, wanting to
know if I had spoken with any of them. Rinder's head was bobbing as
the attorney asked monotonously, "Pat Broeker?"

I glanced at Rinder. I had to enjoy this one.

"Yes," I said.

I couldn't have gotten a faster reaction with a bucket of water.
Rinder jumped awake and looked at me in shock, fear and hatred. I
smiled.

The questions about my involvement with Broeker were routine, from a
list that they asked for each person I named but Broeker wasn't
routine. They soon stopped to take a break. Like the good sock puppet
that he is, Rinder dashed out of the room, obviously to call DM. (I so
wish I could have watched DM's face too.) About 15 minutes later,
Rinder returned and shoved some questions at the attorney and the depo
continued. But little was gained and not one question was asked about
what Pat might have told me about Hubbard's death, if he had at all.
They clearly didn't want it on the record, under oath. I found it
amusing, this great powerful cult was so terrified of the subject, not
to mention Broeker.

So let me tell you a little bit about Pat: he's doing fine and his
sense of humor has improved. End of a little bit.

THE CORONER'S REPORT

Now lets back up a tad, before Pat and I spent several days together,
going over old times. I went to San Luis Obispo, the county seat for
where Hubbard died. It was there that I got the full coroner's report
from a very friendly deputy sheriff. I poured over the pages and
noticed that something called Vistaril was found in Hubbard's blood.
Since the cause of death was a stroke, I assumed it was a stroke
medication so I didn't bother further. Several days later, I called a
physician friend and was going over the documents and the medical
language.

"By the way,? I asked casually, "what's Vistaril?"

"A psychiatric tranquilizer," he answered matter-of-factly.

I nearly dropped the phone.

"Excuse me," I said in near-shock, "but what did you say?"

"Vistaril is a psychiatric tranquilizer, usually injected through the
buttocks."

I flipped to the document where the Coroner had examined Hubbard's
body. I read it to my friend, about the needle puncture wounds found
on the left buttock, under a band-aid. "Could that be the Vistaril
shots," I asked.

"Probably," he said. "That's where they are usually given."

I looked at the Coroner's report and the blood sample report.

Holy shit, I said to myself, in my best French. Holy fucking shit.

THE AUTOPSY IS PROHIBITED

I pulled out another document, signed by Hubbard. It prohibited any
autopsy of his body on religious grounds, which was legally binding on
officials. DM and attorney Earle Cooley had shoved it at the coroner
to stop him, leaving him to take only blood samples, which turned up
the Vistaril.

So, I thought, L. Ron Hubbard, the man who fought psychiatry since
1950 and who railed against the dangers of any psychiatric drugs had
died with them in his brain while signing a new last will.

Plus even the coroner was suspicious of the will as it had been signed
by Hubbard just before he died. Coincidences like that tend to make
coroner's worry. (I wonder what the coroner would have thought had he
known that Denk was gambling at Lake Tahoe when Hubbard had his
stroke, as several people can attest. The impression the coroner had
was that Denk was "in attendence" with Hubbard not only at death but
was there at the stroke, having stayed at the ranch for months.
Hmmm....)

I fell back in my chair, trying to catch my breath.

OUTPOINTS? WHAT OUTPOINTS?

Okay, I said to myself, lets see if we understand this. Hubbard signs
a will while on the psychiatric tranquilizer Vistaril and then dies.
The coroner cannot conduct an autopsy because Hubbard also signed a
paper (also while on Vistaril?) prohibiting an autopsy on religious
grounds. The Scientologist doctor who was in attendance (except when
he went to Lake Tahoe and Hubbard had the stroke) signs the death
certificate as the physician attending to Hubbard and then disappears
for a year. Then even though David Miscavige has nothing else in
writing from Hubbard, he cancels Hubbard's last message and hat
transfer to trusted aide Broeker and ousts Broeker, who disappears
while his wife is turned into a compliant vegetable, leaving DM in
charge.

Nope, nothing wrong here, I facetiously thought. No outpoints,
borrowing Hubbard's word for oddities.

I had to take a walk.

STARTING WITH A TITLE

I don't know when it was but I clearly remember a particular moment
when I sat down at my computer keyboard. I am one of those writers who
needs either the opening words of the article or a working title in
order to really start. I had a working title, not for an article, but
a book, and I typed it out. Then I leaned back in my chair, took a
deep breath and read it. It said, "Who Killed L. Ron Hubbard?"

I leaned back and my eyes roamed over each word and letter. I took in
the question and then the words and letters and back to the question.
I even digested the tiny pixels on the screen, as if I hoped the
answer would leap from the phosphorescence but nothing changed but the
black cursor blinking at me, almost mocking my effort. Yes, I thought,
it is a pretentious question but it was the one I had to try to
answer, if there was an answer.

Then I had the exact moment for the opening words. It was on the night
that Terri Gamboa - former Executive Director of Author Services, Inc.
and now out of Scientology - called me to DM's office where I was told
that Hubbard had died and that I would be going to his ranch.

THE WRITING STARTS

I leaned towards the keyboard and began to write. To my amazement, the
words and the scene poured out effortlessly. I wasn't striving for
literature. I merely had to capture the scene.

As the cursor flitted across the screen, I began to remember how it
happened that night and into the days that followed. There was more
that I needed to remember but for now, this would do. Let it roll, I
told myself. Let it roll. It was as if I was regaining myself.

Perhaps six or so hours later, I finally stopped, exhausted and
sufficiently satisfied for the moment. But even then, I found it
difficult to sleep as my mind kept returning to the ranch, Broeker,
DM, the RPF, the Challenger disaster, Newberry, the ambulance taking
away his body. I was searching for pieces of a puzzle that had no
comprehension.

And how could I possibly answer the question?

-from a post by Robert Vaughn Young (wri...@eskimo.com)

---
"You are such a weirdo, Dave Shy, a real corrupt country boy."
--- Barbara Schwarz

Android Cat

May 2, 2003, 7:57:07 AM5/2/03
ShyDavid (ShyDavid) wrote:
> Robert Vaughn Young (September 2, 1998)
>
> [ ... ]
>
> HUBBARD'S DEATH
>
> When Hubbard died, everything changed. (duh) I went to the death site
> (his ranch at Creston, near San Luis Obispo CA) that night along with
> David Miscavige and some attorneys. Since none of us - including
> Miscavige - had ever been there, we were met at a restaurant by Pat
> Broeker who took us to the ranch. We arrived at perhaps 4 a.m.
> (Hubbard was found dead at about 8 p.m. I was told at 10. We left LA
> at perhaps 1 a.m. I wasn't always watching the clock, given the
> circumstances.)
>
> What's amusing in the cult's attempt to DA me is their saying that I
> went to the ranch along with some gardeners and cooks. Right.
> Gardeners and cooks were the first to be rushed up that night, before
> the authorities were called or the body taken away. ROFL! Don't you
> just love these guys!

A black team from the Garden Care ER and Deli? ;^)

Ron of that ilk.

ShyDavid

May 2, 2003, 4:21:40 PM5/2/03
On Fri, 2 May 2003 07:57:07 -0400, "Android Cat"
<androi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ShyDavid (ShyDavid) wrote:

> > What's amusing in the cult's attempt to DA me is their saying that I
> > went to the ranch along with some gardeners and cooks. Right.
> > Gardeners and cooks were the first to be rushed up that night, before
> > the authorities were called or the body taken away. ROFL! Don't you
> > just love these guys!

> A black team from the Garden Care ER and Deli? ;^)

When Jesse Prince "blew," he was magically turned into a janitor.
George Orwell didn't prophesy this odd version of "non-person-ing" in
his book.

> Ron of that ilk.

BarbaraSchwarz

May 3, 2003, 11:58:56 AM5/3/03
ShyDavid (ShyDavid) wrote in message news:<3eb1...@news2.lightlink.com>...

> Robert Vaughn Young (September 2, 1998)
>
> [ ... ]
>
> HUBBARD'S DEATH

Who killed L. Ron Hubbard?

The German still existing Nazi secret service ordered the killing, and
some agents, likely medical doctors, barged in on him, around May 5,
1984, knocked him unconcious, and they gave him a deadly injection.

Robert Vaughn Young's essay about death of the imposter, Jack
Marshall, in 1986, is irrelevant, because it wasn't L. Ron Hubbard.

Barbara Schwarz

Correct One

May 7, 2003, 12:58:43 PM5/7/03
Don't know if anyone killed him, but I used to deliver his Hemet News
newspaper longgggggg time ago in Hemet!! Have such fond memories of
him sitting on his porch with no shirt on, drinking a beer waiting for
it :))

Larry Allen

May 7, 2003, 6:27:07 PM5/7/03
lists...@bigfoot.com (Correct One) wrote in message news:<68c33e32.03050...@posting.google.com>...

Over time, imagination supplants memory.

Larry Allen
aka Loveroftruth

Correct One

May 8, 2003, 4:48:35 AM5/8/03
loveroft...@aol.com (Larry Allen) wrote in message news:<f60dff2c.03050...@posting.google.com>...

No imagination required...its historical fact!

BarbaraSchwarz

May 8, 2003, 3:15:18 PM5/8/03
lists...@bigfoot.com (Correct One) wrote in message news:<68c33e32.03050...@posting.google.com>...

That was not L. Ron Hubbard. That was the cheap imposter. Or you are
lying all together.

Barbara Schwarz

Harold Pekteno

May 9, 2003, 1:42:54 AM5/9/03
BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03050...@posting.google.com>...

> That was not L. Ron Hubbard. That was the cheap imposter. Or you are
> lying all together.

How do you know he was talking about a time =after= the impostor took
over. Maybe he delivered papers so long ago that he delivered them to
the =real= Elron =before= there was an impostor.

How do you know?

--
Harold Pekteno, SP2

Correct One

May 9, 2003, 2:19:09 AM5/9/03
BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03050...@posting.google.com>...

No, I don't think it was anyone else to be honest. I have only reveled
the fact 3 times in my life to anyone! I had completely forgotton
about till I did a google search for hemet and saw this thread and
remembered. And for over 10 years I had no idea it was him till say
stories being printed in press enterprise about him in mid 80's and
saw his photo's and I sad "I know that guy!". I then remember bring it
up with a local historian and columnist I knew then, his name was Bill
Jennings, and told him me that it was very likely and that there was
rumors of him in the valley during periods of the 70's.

And everything I remember was rather odd too that would suggest it was
someone with Hubbard's personality. Before I was throwing his paper he
whould flag me to come over for a extra paper and he gove me 50 cents
or a dollar right there for it. Then at sometime I said you should
subscribe! Not long after I got a notice to throw a paper at the place
he was staying. He would sometimes tell me not to deliver for a week
or 3 weeks. This went on almost a year I guess and then finally got a
stop notice and on that day, just like that, he was gone. House
remaind empty for couple months, no one seemed to be keeping it
up...finally one day I saw grass mowed and a for sale sign. Never saw
him again.

That's basically my story and don't give a shit if anyone believes it
or not and last time I'll ever mention it!! Finally, there is no doubt
who it was. He had to there either writting or getting away from
people.

BarbaraSchwarz

May 9, 2003, 1:10:26 PM5/9/03

I don't believe a word, anonymous liar. I think you sucked that out of
your fingers. Saddam Hussein has 12 imposters, and even experts can't
keep them apart. But you can do that, just by seeing some photos on
the web, or a drunk (L. Ron Hubbard never drank) bum on a porch. Give
me a break!

Barbara Schwarz

Correct One

May 10, 2003, 8:34:36 AM5/10/03
BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03050...@posting.google.com>...

> I don't believe a word, anonymous liar. I think you sucked that out of
> your fingers. Saddam Hussein has 12 imposters, and even experts can't
> keep them apart. But you can do that, just by seeing some photos on
> the web, or a drunk (L. Ron Hubbard never drank) bum on a porch. Give
> me a break!
>
> Barbara Schwarz

History has shown that the most desperate to believe something usually
are the ones who find it necessary attack the messenger carrying a
message they do not approve of!

Now you want to call someone who unknowingly stumbled across Hubbard
for a brief time a liar should seriously consider who has been the
biggest liar. Here is a article from Boston Herald who has some
interesting remarks from people who did know Hubbard:

Copyright 1998 Boston Herald Inc. The Boston Herald March 1, 1998

Judge found Hubbard lied about achievements

By Joseph Mallia

The "Church" of Scientology's late founder, Lafayette Ronald Hubbard,
left behind a $640 million fortune, and an estimated 25 million words
in books and lectures that form the spiritual core of his
controversial "religion."

But some of those words are a legacy of exaggerations, half-truths and
outright lies, according to Hubbard's son, court records and critics.

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this
bizarre combination seems to be reflective of its founder LRH, " wrote
California Superior Court Judge Paul Breckenridge during a top
Scientology defector's court suit against the "church."

"The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological
liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements, " said
Breckenridge, who ruled for defector Gerry Armstrong in the 1984 case.

Some claims by L. Ron Hubbard are hard to refute, like his ideas about
past lives. He said he was the reincarnation of Buddha, and of British
adventurer Cecil Rhodes, the founder of the former Rhodesia.

Other assertions are transparent.

Hubbard - who died in 1986 - claimed to be a nuclear physicist who
traveled into outer space without his body to explore the Earth's Van
Allen radiation belt. But his two-year stay at George Washington
University in 1931-32 shows that he flunked his only course in nuclear
physics.

One of Hubbard's key declarations - that by mental powers alone he
healed combat wounds he received as a World War II Navy hero - formed
the basis of Scientology in the 1950s.

While recovering from war injuries, he "developed techniques which
made possible not only his own recovery from injury, but helped other
servicemen to regain their health, " the "Church" of Scientology
claims in a 1992 edition of Hubbard's book "Dianetics: The Modern
Science of Mental Health. "

As a Navy lieutenant, Hubbard commanded at least three ships during
the war, including one in the Atlantic - a converted fishing boat, the
YP-422, refitted during several months in 1942-43 at the Boston Navy
Yard, Navy records show.

In early Scientology biographies it was claimed that Hubbard fought
German submarines in the Atlantic. And as recently as January, the
"Church" of Scientology's official Internet site said Hubbard "saw
action "in the North Atlantic during the war.

But, in an interview with the Herald, a sailor who served on Hubbard's
ship contradicted that claim.

"The YP-422 never saw combat, " said former Navy fireman Eugene
LaMere, 78, an upstate New York native who now lives in Maryland.

The YP-422 was refitted as a freighter armed with only a 3-inch gun
and two .30-caliber machine guns, said LaMere, the first former
crewman with direct knowledge of the ship's activities to publicly
dispute Hubbard's claim to have seen combat as commander of the
YP-422.

And Hubbard's claim of combat, or war wounds, is definitively ruled
out by Navy records, according to published reports in Time and Forbes
magazines, the Los Angeles Times, the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, and
books by critics and defectors Jon Atack, Russell Miller and Bent
Corydon.

Hubbard was relieved of his command of the YP-422 soon after it set
out from the Neponset River on a 27-hour shakedown voyage in September
1942, the reports say.

"Lt. L.R. Hubbard . . . is not temperamentally fitted for independent
command. It is therefore urgently requested that he be detached, " the
commandant of the Boston Navy Yard wrote in October 1942 to the vice
chief of naval operations, the reports said.

According to a court affidavit written by his son, L. Ron Hubbard Jr.,
the elder Hubbard was "relieved of (military) duty on several
occasions, " including once in the Pacific in 1944 when he "apparently
concealed a gasoline bomb on board the USS Algol in order to avoid
combat. "

The affidavit - obtained by the Herald - is on file in U.S. District
Court in Boston in connection with a 1991 suit filed by Scientology
against the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI's Boston office.
The "church" had sued under the Freedom of Information Act to gain
access to government documents.

And there were other incidents that marred Hubbard's Navy career.

He once ordered a depth-charge "battle " against nonexistent Japanese
submarines off the Oregon coast, and he illegally fired on Mexican
territory, according to published reports.

An admiral wrote in 1943 that Hubbard was "lacking in the essential
qualities of judgment, leadership and cooperation, " and the U.S.
naval attache to Australia wrote in 1942, "He is garrulous and tries
to give impressions of his importance, " the reports said.

The court affidavit by Hubbard's son also describes some of his
father's postwar activities.

Hubbard practiced Satanic sexual rituals in the late 1940s in southern
California, and suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, the son said.

"Drug addiction, venereal disease and impotency, wife beating, bizarre
'black magic' occult practices, forgery, writing bad checks, and
miscellaneous fraudulent activities including bigamy " preoccupied
Hubbard after his Navy discharge, said Hubbard's oldest child - by the
first of Hubbard's three wives - who was trying to gain control of his
father's estate.

During the late 1940s, while Hubbard struggled to make a living as a
writer, he told a group of science fiction writers of his plans to get
rich, Pennsylvania writer Lloyd Eshbach wrote in his book "Over My
Shoulder. "

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is, " Hubbard
said in 1948, according to Eshbach.

Born in Nebraska in 1911 to a career Navy officer, Hubbard was
described by friends as quick-witted, with great personal charisma and
a gift for writing pulp science fiction.

He had a lifelong affinity for the nautical life and within
Scientology he created his own paramilitary version of the Navy,
wearing a white uniform with ribbons and gold braid, and appointing
himself commodore over thousands of devotees.

By the summer of 1962, Hubbard felt confident enough to urgently
request a meeting with President Kennedy, to discuss "his study known
as 'Scientology' which he feels vital in space race, " according to a
White House memo on file at the John F. Kennedy Library in Dorchester.

"Such an office as yours receives a flood of letters from fakes,
crackpots and would-be wonderworkers. This is not such a letter, "
Hubbard wrote to Kennedy. He offered to counsel U.S. astronauts for $
25 an hour, saying he could increase their IQs and stamina.

Hubbard did not get the warm welcome he hoped for from Kennedy.

Apparently believing that Hubbard might pose a security threat to the
president, a White House aide wrote a January 1963 memo saying, "Final
disposition: respectfully referred to the protective research section
" of the U.S. Secret Service, said Maura Porter a Kennedy Library
staff member.

Kennedy later sent an indirect answer, Hubbard believed, when the Food
and Drug Administration raided the "Church" of Scientology in
Washington, D.C., and seized all its "E-Meters " - a device like a lie
detector used by "church" counselors.

BarbaraSchwarz

May 10, 2003, 2:16:06 PM5/10/03
lists...@bigfoot.com (Correct One) wrote in message news:<68c33e32.03051...@posting.google.com>...

> BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03050...@posting.google.com>...
> >
> > I don't believe a word, anonymous liar. I think you sucked that out of
> > your fingers. Saddam Hussein has 12 imposters, and even experts can't
> > keep them apart. But you can do that, just by seeing some photos on
> > the web, or a drunk (L. Ron Hubbard never drank) bum on a porch. Give
> > me a break!
> >
> > Barbara Schwarz
>

> History has shown that the most desperate to believe something usually
> are the ones who find it necessary attack the messenger carrying a
> message they do not approve of!

You are no messenger, Mr. Incorrect, you are a liar.

The below article is also full of lies. Beckenridge should have seen
that those "documents", that Gerry Armstrong stole from the orgs, were
forgeries, put there by Scientology infiltrators for Gerry to take.
Purpose of it: To bring L. Ron Hubbard in miscredit. The entire case
was one big scam.

As far as L. Ron Hubbard's son "Nibbs" is concerned, that is not his
son. That guy is a labor experiment.

The whole time track of L. Ron Hubbard is not really Ron's, because L.
Ron Hubbard was just a security name, given to Ron by the CIA. His
true name was Eisenhower. But my guess is, you are not really
interested in the truth, like so many that post here.

Barbara Schwarz

Stacy.Brooks-Rinder

May 10, 2003, 6:38:33 PM5/10/03
BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03051...@posting.google.com>...

> > > I don't believe a word, anonymous liar. I think you sucked that out of
> > > your fingers. Saddam Hussein has 12 imposters, and even experts can't
> > > keep them apart. But you can do that, just by seeing some photos on
> > > the web, or a drunk (L. Ron Hubbard never drank) bum on a porch. Give
> > > me a break!
> >

> > History has shown that the most desperate to believe something usually
> > are the ones who find it necessary attack the messenger carrying a
> > message they do not approve of!
>
> You are no messenger, Mr. Incorrect, you are a liar.
>
> The below article is also full of lies. Beckenridge should have seen
> that those "documents", that Gerry Armstrong stole from the orgs, were
> forgeries, put there by Scientology infiltrators for Gerry to take.
> Purpose of it: To bring L. Ron Hubbard in miscredit. The entire case
> was one big scam.
>
> As far as L. Ron Hubbard's son "Nibbs" is concerned, that is not his
> son. That guy is a labor experiment.
>
> The whole time track of L. Ron Hubbard is not really Ron's, because L.
> Ron Hubbard was just a security name, given to Ron by the CIA. His
> true name was Eisenhower. But my guess is, you are not really
> interested in the truth, like so many that post here.

No, she-bitch, you are the liar! L. Ron was born Barry Shmelly. He,
personally, told me so.

Correct One

May 11, 2003, 6:03:14 AM5/11/03
BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03051...@posting.google.com>...

> lists...@bigfoot.com (Correct One) wrote in message news:<68c33e32.03051...@posting.google.com>...
> > BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com (BarbaraSchwarz) wrote in message news:<a6bc00a0.03050...@posting.google.com>...
> > >
> > > I don't believe a word, anonymous liar. I think you sucked that out of
> > > your fingers. Saddam Hussein has 12 imposters, and even experts can't
> > > keep them apart. But you can do that, just by seeing some photos on
> > > the web, or a drunk (L. Ron Hubbard never drank) bum on a porch. Give
> > > me a break!
> > >
> > > Barbara Schwarz
> >

> > History has shown that the most desperate to believe something usually
> > are the ones who find it necessary attack the messenger carrying a
> > message they do not approve of!
>

> You are no messenger, Mr. Incorrect, you are a liar.

YIPEEEEEEEE!

> The below article is also full of lies. Beckenridge should have seen
> that those "documents", that Gerry Armstrong stole from the orgs, were
> forgeries, put there by Scientology infiltrators for Gerry to take.
> Purpose of it: To bring L. Ron Hubbard in miscredit. The entire case
> was one big scam.

I wonder why anyone would feel a need to discredit Hubbard since he
does such a fine and convinching job of it himself from his public
statements and writings!

> As far as L. Ron Hubbard's son "Nibbs" is concerned, that is not his
> son. That guy is a labor experiment.

Damn, his son must be devastaed with the news.

> The whole time track of L. Ron Hubbard is not really Ron's, because L.
> Ron Hubbard was just a security name, given to Ron by the CIA. His
> true name was Eisenhower. But my guess is, you are not really
> interested in the truth, like so many that post here.

Why do I suddenly feel I am in some kind of twilight zone here?????

Zinj

May 11, 2003, 4:30:50 PM5/11/03
In article <68c33e32.03051...@posting.google.com>,
lists...@bigfoot.com says...

Why did it *take* you so long? Dee dee DEE dee dee; Dee dee Dee dee

Zinj
--
Svengali. You're talking about hypnotism and so on- boom - LRH

ShyDavid

May 12, 2003, 3:45:32 PM5/12/03
On 8 May 2003 12:15:18 -0700, BarbaraSc...@hotmail.com
(BarbaraSchwarz) wrote: