Montel Williams Show with Kelly Preston Dec 3 2002

Cerridwen

Dec 3, 2002, 9:44:29 PM12/3/02
I watched the Montel Williams Show today.

Below is the PR statement on Montel's website. My report follows.

http://www.montelshow.com/show/todays.htm

KELLY PRESTON: A MOTHER'S CRUSADE

If something in your home was causing you child's illness, would you
know it? This was the stark reality Kelly Preston and her husband John
Travolta had to deal with when their son Jett became extremely sick and
was hospitalized. Doctors discovered chemicals in their newly shampooed
carpet had corrupted the 2 year-old's system with toxins. Now that Jett
has recovered, Kelly has entered on a crusade to help parents safeguard
their children from environmental toxins. Kelly has advice on how to
keep your children safe and how to rid your own home of health hazards.
She'll also talk about her life as an actress and her marriage to John
Travolta.

Michael Wisner is known as the "toxicologist to the stars" in
Hollywood. He worked with Kelly and John and will talk about
preventative measures he'd recommend you take to protect your children
and your home.

Guests

Kelly Preston: Actress and wife of John Travolta
Michael Wisner: "Toxicologist to the Stars"
Claudia: Became ill after dry-cleaning a blanket

The show starts out with Kelly telling her story about her 2-year-old
son Jett getting
Kawasaki Disease.

http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/education/articles-detail.asp?
Main_ID=443

Kelly has embellished the story over the years. As per the article
above,
about 15 out of 100,000 children under the age of five get the disease
in the United States every year. Kelly reported that when she went to
the hospital with Jett she found that there was an entire ward filled
with children with this disease.

Kelly also got very choked up and on the verge of tears at one point
and I honestly felt that this was nothing more than a performance.
Someone else may see it differently.

Kelly reported that the only long-term side effect of this was that
Jett now has Asthma.
I don't know if any of you has seen any pictures of Jett Travolta, but
the child appears to be somewhat mentally handicapped or brain damaged.

Anyway, per Kelly what made a huge difference in Jett was the
Purification Program.

A that point her friend, an environmental scientist and toxicologist,
Michael Wisner was introduced.

Michael looks like he needs to redo his Purif as he is obviously stuck
in the 70's with
that nerdy hairdo.

The next portion of the show was to highlight what an expert Wisner was
by sending him to the home of one of Montel's staff so he can tell her
not to use any cleaning supplies with chemicals in them. I'm not
kidding.

The book Clear Body, Clear Mind by L. Ron Hubbard is introduced and
Kelly claims that it is just "Brilliant" Every one in the audience
gets a free copy. I would say there was a luke warm round of applause
for that.

Michael Wisner tells us that about 20 years ago he and a "research
Foundation" started
looking into the area of toxins being stored in the fatty tissue of the
body. He told us that his expertise is in "human internal chemical
exposure" and that "per the US EPA there are 250 known chemical toxins
stored in the body" and that this contributes to disease.

He said that the Purif was not really for sick people but for people
who are well and want to clean these toxins out.

"We studied, as scientists, 300 people on this program. We looked
clinically and medically at 300 healthy people doing this program and
we found an increase in
IQ, reaction time, and immune system function. It's hard to describe
this as a scientist but these people were happier and they thought more
clearly."

Montel then gives another plug to LRH and Clear Body, Clear Mind to
even weaker applause.

Kelly Preston said she is on the Board of Directors of something called
Children's Health Environmental Coalition, whatever that is

And then Kelly was surprised with an Award presented by the Executive
Editor of Health Magazine. Lisa Delaney. She was given this silver
thingie, the first of its kind called
" The Power of One Award" for all her outstanding work.

As the show wrapped up Montel talked about his Multiple Sclerosis.
Kelly then told him that the Clear Body Clear Mind program would be
just "brilliant" for him. Montel said that he was going to "figure out
a way to do this (the Purif) and get back to us.

--
Cerridwen
"Informing people doesn't involve trying to silence those who

Tigger

Dec 4, 2002, 1:02:14 AM12/4/02
Children's Health Environmental Coalition

Sandra Schubert
Project Director
PO Box 846
Malibu, CA 90265
Phone: (310) 573-9608
Fax: (310) 573-9688

Mission Statement
Jump to Activites

The mission of Children's Health Environmental Coalition (CHEC) is to
protect children's right to good health through a safe and clean
environment.

CHEC is a national, bipartisan grassroots coalition which provides a
unified voice for all concerned about increasing environmental health
protections for children - those too young and vulnerable to protect
themselves from the daily onslaughts of chemical toxins to which they
are exposed.

Geographic focus: national
Membership: 1500 individuals and organizations

Other organizational activities (not directed specifically toward
children): education, organizing
Children's Environmental Health Activities
Jump to Information Services

CHEC brings together a diverse and growing constituency of people
concerned about children's environmental health - parents, physicians,
educators, scientists, environmental activists, children's advocates,
policy makers, members of the media and other concerned citizens.

Legislation: CHEC has worked with coalition members and legislators to
draft a Children's Environmental Protection Act (CEPA). Such legislation
would require that the Environmental Protection Agency set all health
and safety standards at levels that protect children and other
vulnerable populations, develop adequate data to do this, and guarantee
individuals the right to know where, when and to what toxins they are
exposed.

Public Education: CHEC's public education campaign combines local and
national media coverage, a quarterly newsletter, an educational video
and a Website.

The CHEC Report is an educational newsletter on children's environmental
health issues designed for the lay public.

The Household Detective Handbook and Video Project is designed to foster
mutual learning for children and their parents about common household
toxins and alternatives.

Coalition Building: CHEC builds alliances with parents, environmental
activists, health care providers, children's advocates and others in an
effort to raise awareness and organize on behalf of children's
environmental health.

In April of 1997, CHEC held the Children's Health Environmental
Symposium: Bridging the Gap Between Children's Health and the
Environment, the first national meeting aimed at grassroots
groups.Information ServicesJump to

Priority Issues
Able to respond to questions from the public
Able, on a limited basis, to respond quickly to new developments and
situations
Bulletin Board
Other Bulletin Boards
in the Resource Guide
Clearinghouse
Other Clearinghouses
in the Resource Guide
(310) 573-9608
Educational Materials
Other Educational Materials
in the Resource Guide
Household Detective
Electronic Newsletter
Other Electronic Newsletters
in the Resource Guide
Newsletter
Other Newsletters
in the Resource Guide
CHEC Report, an educational newsletter on children's environmental
health issues for the lay public
Publications
Other Publications
in the Resource Guide
Reports
Other Reports
in the Resource Guide
Jump to Top

Below is a list of Children's Health Environmental Coalition's priority
issues, activites and target audiences. Each link will take you to a
corresponding index of other organizations and data sources in the
Resource Guide.
Issues

(more)

ladayla

Dec 4, 2002, 2:42:56 PM12/4/02
In article <2R9TBFYL375...@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header says...

>I watched the Montel Williams Show today.
>
>Below is the PR statement on Montel's website. My report follows.

I watched, also. Thanks for writing up a report. I thought that Preston did a
terrific job of promoting the Purif. The chick who gave her the award was most
likely a HealthMed person. It reminds me of the time that a bunch of huborg PR
people went out to McClaren School for disadvantaged children (in LA), and
awarded themselves for helping the children. They had never set foot on those
premises before. The similarity is in the fact that they present awards to
themselves. Bizarro! Anyways, those guys, Preston & Misner, did a great job.
Claudia seemed a bit hysteric.Scattered. Montel seemed to suck it all up. Maybe
he will do the Purif. He has some disease or other for which there is no cure,
neurological I think, so he is for sure a prime target for the Purif.

la

Starshadow

Dec 4, 2002, 5:06:29 PM12/4/02
ladayla wrote:
> In article <2R9TBFYL375...@anonymous.poster>,
> Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header says...
>
>>I watched the Montel Williams Show today.
>>
>>Below is the PR statement on Montel's website. My report follows.
>

> I watched, also. Thanks for writing up a report. I thought that Preston did a
> terrific job of promoting the Purif. The chick who gave her the award was most
> likely a HealthMed person. It reminds me of the time that a bunch of huborg PR
> people went out to McClaren School for disadvantaged children (in LA), and
> awarded themselves for helping the children. They had never set foot on those
> premises before. The similarity is in the fact that they present awards to
> themselves. Bizarro! Anyways, those guys, Preston & Misner, did a great job.
> Claudia seemed a bit hysteric.Scattered. Montel seemed to suck it all up. Maybe
> he will do the Purif. He has some disease or other for which there is no cure,
> neurological I think, so he is for sure a prime target for the Purif.

He has Muscular Dystrophy.

--
Bright Blessings,

Starshadow, KoX, SP5, Official Wiccan Chaplain ARSCC(wdne)
"Scientology in 1986, after fraud judgement in favor
of ex-member Lawrence Wollersheim --'Not one thin dime for
Wollersheim'
Scientology May 9, 2002 before final appeal--
86,746,430 Thin Dimes for Wollersheim." www.factnet.org
www.xenu.net --what the Church of Scientology doesn't want
you to see

Starshadow

Dec 4, 2002, 5:11:15 PM12/4/02

Whoops, brain fart. He has Multiple Sclerosis.

I knew it started with "M". Dang. I need some spare brain cells, some
of mine seemed to have leaked.

---

ptsc <ptsc nym <dot> alias <dot> net>

Dec 4, 2002, 8:27:06 PM12/4/02
On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:11:15 -0800, Starshadow
<stars...@starshadowlovesxenu.net> wrote:

>> He has Muscular Dystrophy.

> Whoops, brain fart. He has Multiple Sclerosis.

What he has is cranial atrophy. Montel's problem is that
he looks like a dildo with ears.

ptsc

Tigger

Dec 4, 2002, 5:59:31 PM12/4/02
Starshadow says:

>He has Muscular Dystrophy.

No, it's Multiple Sclerosis.....I always get MD and MS mixed up too.
:-) But this is on his website.......http://www.montelshow.com
(see below) I hope someone warns Montel to consult a real doctor about
doing Hubbard's wackadoo junk scence .......it could result in making
his MS worse.

(BTW wasn't it Multiple Sclerosis that Bob Penny (FACTnet)
has.....anybody know what's happened to Bob?)--

Tigger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable disease of the central nervous
system (brain and spinal cord) in which the insulating, protective
covering (myelin sheath) surrounding the nerves is destroyed. This
destruction results in an interference with the ways the brain signals
various parts of the body. Hard or firm scar tissue replaces the areas
where the myelin is lost, hence the name multiple sclerosis (multiple
scars). MS can range from relatively benign, to somewhat disabling, to
devastating, as communication between the brain and other parts of the
body is disrupted.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

"True peace is not merely the absence of tension but the presence of
justice and brotherhood."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Starshadow

Dec 4, 2002, 8:03:04 PM12/4/02
Tigger wrote:
> Starshadow says:
>

>>He has Muscular Dystrophy.
>

> No, it's Multiple Sclerosis.....I always get MD and MS mixed up too.
> :-) But this is on his website.......http://www.montelshow.com
> (see below) I hope someone warns Montel to consult a real doctor about
> doing Hubbard's wackadoo junk scence .......it could result in making
> his MS worse.

I corrected that and cancelled the original, not, it seems, even though
I did so within minutes, in time for you to see it!

MarkEbner59

Dec 4, 2002, 10:21:51 PM12/4/02
Kawasaki my ass. Try Autism. Good, now accept it and get real help for the
kid.

Garry

Dec 5, 2002, 5:19:05 AM12/5/02
marke...@aol.com (MarkEbner59) wrote in message news:<20021204222151...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

> Kawasaki my ass. Try Autism. Good, now accept it and get real help for the
> kid.

Sounds like Mark has been stricken with the Yamaha Syndrome. :-)