Spys at the Top? The CIA, David Miscavige and Heber Jentsch Robert T Crowley

Out_Of_The_Dark

Sep 20, 2006, 5:36:51 PM9/20/06
NB: When I tead 1 r...@127.1's post about cryptome, it reminded me of
another article there I saw the other day.
http://cryptome.org/cia-2619.htm & then some:

The CIA, The Crowley Files, David Miscavige and Heber Jentsch

What are David Miscavige & Heber Jentsch Doing on the CIA Covert Ops
Source List?
"A source is not a paid agent but an individual who can occupy a
position of influence, such as an international banker, a member of the
print or television media, or a scholar or academic, who might be in a
position to influence official decisions or supply necessary support
for an official CIA position. "

A bit of history, first:

"The Crow: Crowley Files of 1996"

The Crowley List

Robert Trumbull Crowley, former Deputy Director of the
Central Intelligence Agency's Clandestine Operations Division, died
in October of 2000. Before he died, Crowley, who had been with the CIA
since its beginning in 1948, gave important portions of his large
files to several journalists. Among these valuable papers is an
alphabetical listing of persons considered to be sources for the CIA.
These are individuals, most of whom who are generally former members of
the American intelligence community and very often not actual members
of the CIA.
Frank G. Wisner, Sr., one of the senior officials of the
CIA, once boasted that his agency had so many friendly contacts in the
American media that he could, upon demand, call on their assistance in
supporting any CIA position that agency desired.
This was called "The Mighty Wurlitzer" after the organ
often found in old movie housesand could always be counted on to make
whatever loud music the CIA wanted. In this list, valid as of 1996,
are the names of many members of the American and foreign media and
although Wisner is dead and gone, the music lingers on. Also found here
are the names of the international banking community as well as members
of Congress and other worthies. The list originally appeared on
Cryptome.org. a website set up by John Young. This site is the source
of fascinating historical material that is well-worth visiting. The
email address is j...@pipeline.com and Mr. Young can also be contacted
at: (212) 873-8700. His mailing address is: 251 W. 89th St., New York,
NY 10024. It was Mr. Young's suggestion that led to the creation of
this site and he should receive full credit for his encouragement to
publish all of the Crowley files on the Internet.
This CIA source list was on his website but in a very
abbreviated form and is reproduced here exactly as it appears in the
Crowley data base printout of 1996
Among the 2,600 names: Scientology's very own

Jentsch, Heber 6331 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028

Miscavige, David 6331 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028

http://www.crow96.20m.com/

AFIO
Association of Former Intelligence Officers AFIO provides a venue for
applying independent, seasoned professional expertise and perspectives
to historic, current, and future national, corporate and ...
www.afio.com

"One of the caveats of this gift was that none of the material could be
used or published until after his death.

Among the treasure trove of historical material on the genesis and
operations of the influential CIA was an alphabetical listing of CIA
sources throughout the world, provided below.

A source is not a paid agent but an individual who can occupy a
position of influence, such as an international banker, a member of the
print or television media, or a scholar or academic, who might be in a
position to influence official decisions or supply necessary support
for an official CIA position. "

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

AFIO WEEKLY INTELLIGENCE NOTES (WIN) #49-00 dtd 8 December 2000
WINs contain intelligence items and commentaries based on open source
media reporting, selected, written, edited and produced by Roy Jonkers
for AFIO members and WIN subscribers.

SECTION V - ODDS AND ENDS

AFIO MEMBER NAMES ON THE WEB -- We have been informed that the names of
2,600 AFIO members contained in the 1996 AFIO Directory -- the LAST
DIRECTORY THAT WAS AUTHORIZED TO BE PUBLISHED BY THE AFIO BOARD -- are
now listed on the Web. The Cryptome Website, reportedly specializing in
publishing "leaked" classified documents, attributes the listing to the
late Robert T. Crowley, formerly CIA, who allegedly provided the
directory to a journalist before his death. This is an unconfirmed
uncorroborated allegation. The Cryptome site identifies the list as
containing the names and addresses of "2,600 CIA members" throughout
the world. If factual, this may well be a violation of the law. If the
listing is in fact an AFIO 1996 directory, it is an unauthorized
violation of copyright and of the privacy of the members concerned. .
If this proves to be true, we regret this invasion of our members'
privacy by this UNAUTHORIZED (by AFIO) reproduction of our 1996
Directory, but are pleased that our judgment to stop further
publication of directories since 1997 has been confirmed as correct.
The matter is being further examined.

Our records reflect that AFIO was made aware in 1997 that the 1996
directory had been placed on the Internet by Public Information
Research, of Austin, Texas, and that groups claims to have been using
AFIO names since 1988. A protest letter was signed by my predecessor
and sent to PIR on 3 March 1997, citing copyright violation.
Since 1997 no AFIO membership directories have been published to
protect members from commercial exploitation. AFIO now guards and
protects the names and addresses of its members to respect their
privacy. (http://www.Cryptome.org) (R. Jonkers)

http://www.afio.com/sections/wins/2000/2000-49.html

AFIO Central Office
6723 Whittier Avenue, Suite 303A
McLean, Virginia 22101-4533
Telephone: 703 790 0320 | Facsimile: 703 991 1278
Email: af...@afio.com

Crowley's Obit mentioning this file
Washington Post, Oct. 10, 2000, p. B6;
http://intellit.muskingum.edu/alpha_folder/J_folder/jonkers.html

http://www.westpapua.net/docs/articles/cia.htm

Of course, this ref with mention of Miscavige has been posted:
Trento, Susan B. The Power House: Robert Keith Gray and the Selling of
Access and Influence in Washington. New York: St.Martin's Press, 1992.
430 pages.
Besides Kuwait, Gray has represented China since 1989, Haiti under
Duvalier, supporters of Rev. Moon, the Church of Scientology, BCCI, the
late British publisher Robert Maxwell, the Teamsters under Jackie
Presser, and the Catholic Bishops Conference in their campaign against
abortion. If a book like this had been written in 1980, the mess we're
in today would have been predictable.
ISBN 0-312-08319-X
http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?_MISCAVIGE_DAVID_