Paris protest - Saturday, June 13

Eldon

Jun 13, 2009, 2:25:03 PM6/13/09
About a dozen suppressive people showed up at the Paris CC on rue
Legendre today, including a journalism student with a couple of her
friends manning two video and one still camera. Apparently that's a
student project that will hopefully make it onto YouTube or
DailyMotion one of these days. A couple of Polish TV people with a
huge news-quality camera also showed up and talked to a couple of
protesters. I think they just showed up by accident while shooting
some touristic footage.

Attending the demo was a Xenu in an orange jumpsuit with an alien mask
and red rubber gloves. Nono le clown had acquired a secondhand
commodore hat, which he sported in addition to his customary tophat.
Early on, one of the org clams said he was calling the police, which
he apparently did. About an hour later, four cops showed up and said
we should probably not be making a lot of noise singing the "Xenu's
back" song, since there was no permit for the demonstration. They were
cool. We passed out probably a few hundred "Who Is Xenu?" fliers. At
this point, lots of people who live in the neighborhood just nod their
heads and say, "I know." One guy who was totally unfamiliar with
Scientology stayed around for awhile after reading the flier,
incredulously asking a couple of SPs if Scientologists really believe
that stuff.

Toward the end of the demonstration, who should come strolling out of
the org -- but the famed Eric Roux? -- yes, the very executive who was
recently immortalized in the newspapers for declaring that nobody
makes a cent from selling Scientology books and services. He actually
said that under oath, despite the fact that a couple of his fellow
clams had already described the FSM commission MLM system ("only a
small percentage"). Eric was congratulated on his newly-acquired fame
and given a hearty round of applause as he headed down the street.

After the CC picket, six of us went to the other Paris org near
Bastille. The clams standing in the doorway retreated inside pretty
quickly after having been offered "free OT III" in the form of a Xenu
flier. Two appeared briefly in an upstairs window to snap pictures. A
man drove up with his wife and stopped in the middle of the street for
a couple of minutes while they conferred about the situation. Finally,
she get out of the car and made a run for the door. Poor dear
definitely needed to get her ruds flown.

Nono told me about his recent run-ins. At the Palais de Justice, some
frustrated clam just walked up to him and gave him a couple of hard
shoves in the chest. The guards who were standing nearby saw it, took
the guy aside and questioned him. I think that's about all there was
to that incident.

Then this week when Nono stopped by their bookselling table that was
illegally set up on the street, a clam from CC went ballistic. He
started calling Nono names and so on. Nono made a retort, after which
the clam wrestled away his camera and destroyed it. Nono went to the
police station and filed a complaint, after which they came to the
scene and took the clam away in handcuffs as he protested that nothing
had happened.

Nono's take is that the French Scienos have become very frustrated and
edgy about the trial. On Monday, the prosecutor will make his closing
arguments in the criminal case, and will ask for whatever sentences
and penalties he recommends. At this point, my take is that the
defense attorneys will probably ask for leniency rather than claiming
their clients are entirely innocent. Or maybe they'll try to save the
individuals by blaming it on the organization's policies, which would
be just ducky.

xenufrance

Jun 14, 2009, 2:13:34 AM6/14/09
"Eldon" <Eldo...@aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
3e9f5b12-1797-414a...@w31g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

Great informations, thanks a lot for that moment of exhilaration -- what was
already the tone level for exhilaration, Eldon?
I'm sure it's far above the hate, which seems the tone level for clams these
days.

Leads me to think again of what I observed in the Court, when I was
witnessing whatever I had to.

Some of those indicted scientologists were looking at me, and I saw at least
wto of them trying to send you know, how hubbard advices, "particles of
admiration". Problem is that what they did was not admiration, they were
trying to, but were so mach hating whatever I said that they could not keep
the hoped tone level!!

Eldon

Jun 14, 2009, 5:35:43 AM6/14/09
On Jun 14, 8:13 am, "xenufrance" <xenufra...@free.fr> wrote:
> "Eldon" <EldonB...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3e9f5b12-1797-414a-87b6-40a9e58b3...@w31g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

Or fear. The CC is in quite a "neighborly" neighborhood, as you know,
with lots of shops and cafes nearby.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batignolles

Nono lives in the area and knows a lot of people, so I think the
cumulative effect has been to ostracize the Scientology org. They seem
quite aware that they are considered a local blight, and now that the
trial has been in the news, it has made them more paranoid.

The other org near Bastille is in a more impersonal location, without
much street traffic, so they might not be as affected by the local
milieu. BTW, the CCHR office in the storefront next door has an
abandoned look, and there's a big crack in the glass of the door. They
used to leave a video playing on a computer screen in the window, but
yesterday, it just said Windows XP. ;-)

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jun 14, 2009, 11:24:57 AM6/14/09

Great report and great thread, lol! Looking forward to the report on
Monday's closing arguments :)

Jens Tingleff

Jun 15, 2009, 2:43:43 AM6/15/09