Was proud to stand with Anonymous in Boston on Feb 10!!! Some press on it with OSA's attack on Anonymous and my reply to OSA

SME

Feb 11, 2008, 7:42:48 PM2/11/08
From a post I just made on Clambake:

I went to the Boston picket on February 10 and stood with and spoke
with many of the anonymous folks for over three hours.

As there are already photos, videos and write-ups on the event, I will
not try to repeat what was already covered.

What I don't think has been covered so far are the following links to
two articles about the event:

1) From The Daily Free Press at Boston University:

http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/storage/paper87/news/2008/02/11/News/Masked.And.Anonymous.Protest.Scientology.cult-3201162.shtml

and

2) From "Boston Now":

http://www.bostonnow.com/news/local/2008/02/11/masked-group-protests-to-039dissolve039-church-of-scientology

Although there are some inaccuracies in the articles here and there,
they do fairly accurately cover at least a bit of what I told them at
the event about the crimes and abuses in organized scientology at the
top. I told them about witnessing David Miscavige beating others and
seeing how he has perjured himself in courts, the lies behind the
corporate structure and much more.

Before I comment further on what was mentioned in the articles I
wanted to state how incredibly impressed I was with the anonymous
folks who were there. What an incredible group of up-beat,
intelligent, fun, energetic and caring folks! I truly felt proud of
them and excited to be there on this historic occasion.

One reporter asked me if I did not think it was wrong for anonymous to
criticize or otherwise make fun of a religion and was I not worried
that anonymous was setting themselves up as some "judge" of religions,
poised to attack anything with which they disagreed. I told him to
look at their signs and listen to what they were saying. They were not
focused at all on the above. Instead they stood for putting an end to
lies, family destruction, financial and other fraud and many other
abuses carried out by organized scientology. I told the reporter I was
proud to stand there with anonymous who had the courage and decency to
stand up against these injustices.

Now, let's look at the "brilliant counter attack" against anonymous by
organized scientology through their representative there. As per one
of the above articles they say:

1) Gerard Renna, board member of the Church of Scientology in Boston,
said while Anonymous participates in "illegal activities," the church
offers tutoring and anti-crime programs; and

2) Gerard Renna (about anonymous): "They are insidious, they are
treacherous," he said. "This is a dangerous group. They are going to
lessen freedom here. We advocate total freedom."

OMG where do you even START with that??? Those in organized
scientology have been guilty of countless crimes for decades from
their founder on down. These people from anonymous standing on the
street of Boston have been guilty of NO crimes.

The part where Gerard says they (organized scientology) "advocate
total freedom" literately made me gag thinking of how they are built
on such things as disconnection, fair game, squashing all other
opinions, silencing "critics", penal camps for their own staff,
financial destruction of the many and on and on with literally
thousands of examples exposed all over the internet.

At this moment, all organized scientology can do in response to
anonymous is lie.

As for Gerard saying in one of the above linked articles that I am
lying about the abuses I mentioned in organized scientology and maybe
I want my "10 minutes of fame", all I can say is that statement is as
true and relevant as the others listed above re scientology advocating
total freedom and offering anti-crime programs.

Gerard my ex old friend I can guarantee you one thing about this. And
that is the truth WILL be exposed and proven widely because it is the
right and just thing to do.

Furthermore I make this public offering to Gerard: I am willing to go
on TV, radio, in front of reporters or otherwise in a public forum to
discuss and debate organized scientology with you and I will
specifically cover details of everything I mentioned to the reporter
to whom you said I was a liar. You can bring up whatever you want to
try to prove what you said about me. Here's your chance Gerard to also
talk about organized scientology's "anti crime" programs and how it
advocates "total freedom".

And, I promise to only cover those things for which I have first hand
information.

I have always considered you a decent person and friend Gerard and
have even honored your request for me not to speak about our telephone
conversation in the fall of 2006 when we talked about Miscavige et al.
I am still willing to leave out personal, private things you shared
and didn't want repeated and will do so. But that does not include
how, after I started posting pointing out abuses within organized
scientology, you tried to contact my family to get them to disconnect
and how you told me you were going to contact my scientologist
employer to "handle me" only to find out I no longer worked for him.

Maybe Gerard we should talk about the time when I was off staff and a
public scientologist and you called me and asked me to be part of
dirty trick operation against Bob Minton and Stacey Young to try to
embarrass them at his farmhouse even though you knew that some of what
you were going to bring up against them was either false or unproven.
Do you remember how I told you I would not take part in that and how
crazy you were to do it? Do you remember the next week when you called
me and told me how it blew up, a shot was fired, the police were
called and I was right all along?

Do you consider the dirty tricks you have played as a former member of
the guardian's office and a current member of the Department of
Special Affairs, under OSA, part of what your "church" in Boston does
to "advocate total freedom"?

Or perhaps should we talk about that incredibly sad time when a young
man, a scientologist in Massachusetts, shot himself in the head and
killed himself. How he wrote a suicide note just before that asking
for a scientology funeral? Do you remember? I do. Do you remember how
incredibly distraught his parents were as they went to your wonderful
Boston org "church" for help and your "church" REFUSED to even do the
scientology funeral as the parents did not have the money to pay for
it????? Do you remember how I felt so bad for the parents when Boston
org refused them that I went to a costume store, bought a minister's
collar and went and did the scientology funeral myself to try to do
anything to get those parents some relief when Boston org was "too
busy" as there was no money in it?

Now that I think about it, perhaps Gerard we need to just talk about
those kind of things as they are something you know about.

You were not there when L Ron Hubbard ordered the spitting on former
scientology Sea Org executives who were held under guard and abused at
the international headquarters.

You were not there when Miscavige punched, slapped and choked innocent
staff.

You were not there when Miscavige used the International Finance
police to extort, abuse, financially destroy and humiliate countless
others.

You did not have in your hands the Hubbard orders about all this and
watch Miscavige lie to, cheat, scream at and abuse countless others as
part of taking over organized scientology.

You were not there when Miscavige funneled millions to Hubbard
threatening to strangle people who would not help to do so.
You were not involved when Hubbard gave orders to take over
Clearwater, lie and deceive and fair game any opponents.

You were not there when Hubbard ordered selected staff to cover up his
controls of organized scientology and to protect the money being
funneled to him while he put out statements to his followers that he
took no money from scientology.

You were not there when Miscavige instituted "gang bang sec checks" to
abuse others and demanded heads on a pike of those who opposed his
takeover of scientology.

You are not in any way even aware of what IMHO are scores of pages of
perjury by Miscavige in courts though two decades as he made one lie
after another about the controls in scientology and how the management
and corporate changes evolved in the 80s. Here is a link to one small
example of what I mean about this perjury Gerard:

http://tinyurl.com/35r3vd

You were not there when David Miscavige used personal and confidential
information from auditing files of others to humiliate them.

I however was there Gerard and have seen all that personally.

So, I guess you really have nothing to say about this except to repeat
the lies fed to you by your masters at OSA which are that I am lying.

Well the world is finding out and will be finding out much more as
more and more people who WERE THERE speak out. Maybe you will believe
it when 20 of us tell this story Gerard.

Anyway Gerard if you want our "debate" could just be on overall broad
scientology topics like human rights, "total freedom" and the like.
You can give all the PR lines developed by OSA and approved by
Miscavige. For my part I'll just list what Hubbard and Miscavige
ACTUALLY said and did privately on these topics.

Are we on??

Larry Brennan - SME

Michael Pattinson

Feb 11, 2008, 7:45:33 PM2/11/08
On Feb 11, 4:42 pm, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote:
> From a post I just made on Clambake:
>
> I went to the Boston picket on February 10 and stood with and spoke
> with many of the anonymous folks for over three hours.
>
> As there are already photos, videos and write-ups on the event, I will
> not try to repeat what was already covered.
>
> What I don't think has been covered so far are the following links to
> two articles about the event:
>
> 1) From The Daily Free Press at Boston University:
>
> http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/storage/paper87/news/2008/0...

> and
>
> 2) From "Boston Now":
>
> http://www.bostonnow.com/news/local/2008/02/11/masked-group-protests-...

A truly superb posting, Larry.!!
Michael Pattinson

phil scott

Feb 11, 2008, 8:04:29 PM2/11/08
On Feb 11, 4:42 pm, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote:
> From a post I just made on Clambake:
>
> I went to the Boston picket on February 10 and stood with and spoke
> with many of the anonymous folks for over three hours.
>
> As there are already photos, videos and write-ups on the event, I will
> not try to repeat what was already covered.
>
> What I don't think has been covered so far are the following links to
> two articles about the event:
>
> 1) From The Daily Free Press at Boston University:
>
> http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/storage/paper87/news/2008/0...

> and
>
> 2) From "Boston Now":
>
> http://www.bostonnow.com/news/local/2008/02/11/masked-group-protests-...

yes... a superb, world class posting...on the issues of what really
happened.

Phil scott

SME

Feb 11, 2008, 8:45:26 PM2/11/08
Here's a copy of the posting without the lengthy url links. Hopefully
this will make it easier to read:

Was proud to stand with Anonymous in Boston on Feb 10!!!

Some press on it with OSA's attack on Anonymous and my reply to OSA

I went to the Boston picket on February 10 and stood with and spoke
with many of the anonymous folks for over three hours.

As there are already photos, videos and write-ups on the event, I will
not try to repeat what was already covered.

What I don't think has been covered so far are the following links to
two articles about the event:

1) From The Daily Free Press at Boston University:

http://tinyurl.com/2rdrqs

and

2) From "Boston Now":

http://tinyurl.com/3d6tx8

Patty Pieniadz

Feb 12, 2008, 3:31:45 AM2/12/08

"SME" <larrybr...@aol.com> wrote in message

Nice post Larry,

I doubt Gerard will take you on. But ya never know.

Did you happen to see Maureen O'Keefe at the protest?

Patty

SME

Feb 12, 2008, 6:43:59 AM2/12/08
On Feb 12, 3:31 am, "Patty Pieniadz" <ppieni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "SME" <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Nice post Larry,
>
> I doubt Gerard will take you on.  But ya never know.
>
> Did you happen to see Maureen O'Keefe at the protest?
>
> Patty- Hide quoted text -

Hiya Patty.

If I did see her, I didn't recognize her.

I too doubt that Gerard will take me on but would be very happy if he
did. I believe that he is still an otherwise good person who is lost
in a web of deceit and lies. He has no real clue of the depth of the
lies and what he does know as wrong or a lie he justifies as "the
greatest good".

He is positioned in one of the press articles as a "board member" of
that Boston "church". Even that is based on a lie. Yes he is likely
officially on the "board" but he will have no power as a board member.
IMHO he still will 100% be run by OSA who is 100% controlled by
Miscavige. It was my team that drafted many of their legal papers,
including their "management" contract with the "mother church", other
agreements where they send money to entities actually controlled by
Miscavige, etc., etc. It is all a ruse and a joke to hide the real
controls and to get control of the money.

I wonder if his undated resignations as a local "board member" are
with OSA in LA or if they are with the RTC folks at Int? Wherever they
are, our friend Gerard is a powerless figurehead and just one of many
once decent people who have been deceived by the likes of Miscavige.

Nevertheless what he says must be dealt with by correcting his lies as
he is helping to hide abuses and lies within organized corporate
scientology.

I hope that when and if his day does come to be "taken out" by
organized scientology that he is not abused as badly as Bill Franks or
Gordon Cook after their undated resignations were used against them
from their senior management positions by Miscavige and his team.
Being taken out by them may not happen to Gerard as he is not in a
high position within their "management". Rather he is a low level foot
soldier. That, and the distance he is from Sea Org hubs like
Clearwater, LA and at Int is what has likely kept him out of places
like the "SP Hall" or the RPF to date.

Take care Patty.......................Larry Brennan - SME

chuckbeatty77 @aol.com

Feb 12, 2008, 11:27:01 AM2/12/08
Go Larry!

Unfortunately, Hubbard left the followers no blueprint for dealing
with Anonymous, or "debating" in public.

All that Scientology are left with are rules that shackle them in
their ad hominem counter attacks, as that
was Hubbard's way himself to deal with people taking his ideas to
task.

The movement is truly a Hubbard operation, acting out Hubbard's own
imperfect self.

Scientology isn't a doctrine/new religious movement. It is one man's
(Hubbard's) creation/fantasy/bureaucracy.

It's a form of Flash Gordan money grubbing 1984 eastern guru type new
religious movement.

I'm a Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris supporting atheist, so I have a
no holds barred view of ANY of Hubbard's unprovable ideas that make up
the Scientology operation.

Scientology can reform, collapse or muddle along attracting
controversies.

Anonymous has to be taken seriously, because what other new religious
movement has spurred this type of spontaneous reaction of young people
in western civilization?

None!

Why!

Because of Hubbard's blatant bold challenging combative inspirational
crappy ideas that the official Scientologists are forced to enforce on
their own and on their "enemies."

Hubbard is the one at fault.

I think some damn smart writers need to take on Scientology and bore
into Hubbard's ideas, and show the Hubbard mentality.

Russell Miller had Hubbard right.

Hubbard's Scientology is an American mess thrust on the world.

I think the media have been hoodwinked due to NO one really in
academia with the mental horsepower to put goddamn Hubbard in his
place.

No Gore Vidal or comparable intellectual bothered to waste the time to
dissect Hubbard.

Hopefully one good thing that Anonymous will do, is get some
intellectuals stirred to spend the time and dissect Hubbard and take
Russell Miller's work further into WHY Hubbard got away with what
Hubbard got away with!

The kids, Anonymous, are saying, enough is enough with this
Scientology stuff!!!!!

Chuck Beatty
ex Scientology staffer (1975-2003)
412-260-1170 Pittsburgh, USA (anyone call me anytime!)
http://www.freewebs.com/chuckbeatty77/
http://tinyurl.com/295khy
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05205/542899.stm
http://tinyurl.com/38ptz8