NY Councilman Hiram Monserrate Duped by Scientology

1 view

Rev. Norle Enturbulata

Apr 19, 2007, 11:16:45 AM4/19/07
http://tinyurl.com/2tfm8w

From the NY Post:

A legislator hosting a gala fund-raising dinner for a controversial
detoxification program for 9/11 rescue workers co-founded by Tom Cruise
revealed yesterday he's undergone the procedure himself.
"I will tell you I felt 100 times better after the program than I've felt in
the last 15 years," said City Councilman Hiram Monserrate (D-Queens).

--
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2535187,00.html
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

Rev. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism
*
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
exist...."
* L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
*
* "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

Android Cat

Apr 19, 2007, 12:09:22 PM4/19/07
Rev. Norle Enturbulata wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/2tfm8w
>
> From the NY Post:
>
> A legislator hosting a gala fund-raising dinner for a controversial
> detoxification program for 9/11 rescue workers co-founded by Tom
> Cruise revealed yesterday he's undergone the procedure himself.
> "I will tell you I felt 100 times better after the program than I've
> felt in the last 15 years," said City Councilman Hiram Monserrate
> (D-Queens).

http://www.timesledger.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18202036&BRD=2676&PAG=461&dept_id=551069&rfi=6

Monserrate boosts Scientology detox
04/12/2007
City Councilman Hiram Monserrate (D-East Elmhurst) is on the host committee
of a fund-raising party that actor Tom Cruise will attend next Thursday to
support a detoxification program used by hundreds of workers since it began
in 2002.

Jim Woodworth, the president of the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification
Project and a Long Island City resident, said 785 Sept. 11 rescue workers
have gone through the treatment.

Monserrate has been a strong supporter of the program, located on Fulton
Street in Manhattan, which he said has benefited dozens of people he has
met.

"I support the program. I have seen it provide results for dozens of police
officers, firefighters and paramedics," Monserrate said. "Many stopped
taking medications. I saw good results."

Monserrate, a former police officer, has gone through the program.

It provides an intense regimen of physical and psychological exams, combined
with exercise and daily saunas. Added to that are high doses of vitamin and
minerals, particularly niacin, designed to purge toxins from the body, while
patients also stop other treatments such as asthma inhalers.

The party at the Altman Building in Manhattan, which 200 people are expected
to attend, is co-hosted by Cruise and Edward Mullins, the president of the
10,000-strong Sergeants Benevolent Association.

The NY Rescue Workers Detoxification Project uses a program developed by L.
Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology, but is a non-profit
organization unrelated to the church, said Woodworth, himself a follower of
the religion.

- Adam Pincus

[It's only non-profit because the profit flows uplines.]

--
Ron of that ilk.