Jett Travolta Was Taken Off The Medication That Was Preventing His Seizures

kennethno...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 5:28:08 PM1/4/09
"They say the Travoltas were concerned about possible physical damage.
And, Jett went back to having around one seizure a week. So Travolta
and Preston, after consulting neurosurgeons, stopped administering the
drug."

From http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/04/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-harm/

Who are these "neurosurgeons"? Why do I have a feeling that they are
Scientologists?

Also, they say the only medication they were giving Jett at the one
time was Depakote. Depakote's primary use is for bi-polar disease, not
seizures. A common drug given to people that have grand mal seizures
is Phenobarbital, not Depakote.

Report: Conflict in Timeline of Events in Jett Travolta Death

Scientology's stance on Psychiatry:
The "Church" of Scientology makes new members sign a type of contract
making the member aware of the fact that using psychiatric medication
of any kind is strictly forbidden. It also makes the member aware of
consequences if these rules are broken. And by signing the contract it
gives Scientology the right to speak on your behalf if you ever become
hospitalized.

To view Scientology's legal waiver that it makes new members sign,
view here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_psychiatry#Legal_waivers

The actual contract can be viewed here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ejeta/scn/scans/Introspection-Release.html

Learn about other deaths caused by Scientology and their strict stance
against the use of psychiatric medication:

Jeremy Perkins:
http://www.scientomogy.com/jeremy_perkins.php

Lisa McPherson:
http://www.lisamcpherson.org

Why Are They Dead?
http://www.whyaretheydead.net

Scientology Kills:
http://www.scientology-kills.org

Learn about Scientology's violent stance against Psychiatry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfu7Sr50N7U

Learn about Scientology's strict practice of using vitamins and hot
sauna's to treat every type of "problem with the mind". Instead of the
Phenobarbital that was so badly needed for Jett Travolta, Scientology
prescribes it's members deadly amounts of Niacin. Note: It's illegal
for Scientology to practice medicine without a license -
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/%7Edst/Narconon/
http://www.scientology-lies.com/kimbaker.html
http://newsblaze.com/story/20080511142213tsop.nb/topstory.html
View Google for more information:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=vitamins+and+hot+saunas+in+scientology&btnG=Search

Taken from: http://stopscientology.blogspot.com/2009/01/jett-travolta-was-taken-off-medication.html

--
Boycott Valkyrie!
Don't support Tom Cruise supporting Scientology! Watch Valkyrie

bad_horsie09

Jan 4, 2009, 5:38:28 PM1/4/09
you are right about depakote but it is used as an anti convulsant sometimes. and like i said before there are warnings all over the bottle that warn about quitting the drug cold turkey!

Monica Pignotti

Jan 4, 2009, 6:58:19 PM1/4/09

kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
> "They say the Travoltas were concerned about possible physical damage.
> And, Jett went back to having around one seizure a week. So Travolta
> and Preston, after consulting neurosurgeons, stopped administering the
> drug."
>
> From http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/04/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-harm/
>
> Who are these "neurosurgeons"? Why do I have a feeling that they are
> Scientologists?
>
> Also, they say the only medication they were giving Jett at the one
> time was Depakote. Depakote's primary use is for bi-polar disease, not
> seizures. A common drug given to people that have grand mal seizures
> is Phenobarbital, not Depakote.

That's not correct. While it is true that Depakote is used for bipolar
disorder, it is also used for seizures. Some of the newest current
psychiatric meds are also anti-seizure meds. While it is true of
course that Scientology doesn't allow people taking services to take
psychiatric meds, if it was being given for a physical condition, that
would be more open to interpretation. Whatever the case, we now know
that he was at one time on Depakote so either the Scientologists
didn't object, or the Travoltas were giving it to him anyway.

Monica

kennethno...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 8:11:14 PM1/4/09
On Jan 4, 4:58 pm, Monica Pignotti <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
> > "They say the Travoltas were concerned about possible physical damage.
> > And, Jett went back to having around one seizure a week. So Travolta
> > and Preston, after consulting neurosurgeons, stopped administering the
> > drug."
>
> > Fromhttp://www.tmz.com/2009/01/04/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-...

> > Who are these "neurosurgeons"? Why do I have a feeling that they are
> > Scientologists?
>
> > Also, they say the only medication they were giving Jett at the one
> > time was Depakote. Depakote's primary use is for bi-polar disease, not
> > seizures. A common drug given to people that have grand mal seizures
> > is Phenobarbital, not Depakote.
>
> That's not correct. While it is true that Depakote is used for bipolar
> disorder, it is also used for seizures. Some of the newest current
> psychiatric meds are also anti-seizure meds. While it is true of
> course that Scientology doesn't allow people taking services to take
> psychiatric meds, if it was being given for a physical condition, that
> would be more open to interpretation. Whatever the case, we now know
> that he was at one time on Depakote so either the Scientologists
> didn't object, or the Travoltas were giving it to him anyway.
>
> Monica

Here's what probably happened......

The Travolta's had Jett on medication. It was working. The "Church"
of Scientology found out about this and quickly got Jett off the
Depakote and on a steady diet of Vitamins, deadly amounts of Niacin
and hot sauna's.

Or, if the Depakote really wasn't working, the Travolta's needed to
try other medications like Phenobarbital. Phenobarbital is what is
normally given to people to prevent seizures and it works, big time.
As Jett was having these dangerous grand mal seizures, vitamins and
exercise just weren't going to cut it, as the Travolta's unfortunately
learned the hard way.

Note: It's illegal for Scientology to practice medicine without a

license.... but they do anyway.

When is the government going to step in and shut this racket down?
How many more people have to die?

John Dorsay

Jan 4, 2009, 8:20:04 PM1/4/09
kennethno...@gmail.com wrote:

<snip>

> Or, if the Depakote really wasn't working, the Travolta's needed to
> try other medications like Phenobarbital. Phenobarbital is what is
> normally given to people to prevent seizures and it works, big time.

You should correct the wikipedia article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiepileptic, Dr. Horner.

"Phenobarbital was the main anticonvulsant from 1912 till the
development of phenytoin in 1938. Today, phenobarbital is rarely
used to treat epilepsy in new patients since there are other
effective drugs that are less sedating. Phenobarbital sodium
injection can be used to stop acute convulsions or status
epilepticus, but a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam, diazepam or
midazolam is usually tried first. Other barbiturates only have an
anticonvulsant effect at anaesthetic doses."

<snip>

> Note: It's illegal for Scientology to practice medicine without a
> license.... but they do anyway.

Is the cult advertising narcotics for sale online now too?

You get an A+ for irony....

John

barbz

Jan 4, 2009, 8:26:28 PM1/4/09

No, no...he sells drugs, so he must be an expert on them! He is The
Authority! (sort of like Hubbard, who never met a drug he didn't like)

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC

"Every week, every month, every year, every decade and now
every century, Scientology does weird and stupid things
to damage its own reputation."
-Steve Zadarnowski

"Comparing Scientology to a motorcycle gang is a gross, unpardonable
insult to bikers everywhere. Even at our worst, we are never as bad as
Scientology."
-ex-member, Thunderclouds motorcycle "club"

"$cientology sees the world this way: One man with a picket sign:
terrorism. Five thousand people dead in a deliberate inferno: business
opportunity.

$cientology oozes _under_ terrorists to hide."
-Chris Leithiser

kennethno...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 9:12:35 PM1/4/09
On Jan 4, 6:20 pm, John Dorsay <restimula...@gmail.com> wrote:

> kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Or, if the Depakote really wasn't working, the Travolta's needed to
> > try other medications like Phenobarbital. Phenobarbital is what is
> > normally given to people to prevent seizures and it works, big time.
>
> You should correct the wikipedia article athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiepileptic, Dr. Horner.

> "Phenobarbital was the main anticonvulsant from 1912 till the
> development of phenytoin in 1938. Today, phenobarbital is rarely
> used to treat epilepsy in new patients since there are other
> effective drugs that are less sedating. Phenobarbital sodium
> injection can be used to stop acute convulsions or status
> epilepticus, but a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam, diazepam or
> midazolam is usually tried first. Other barbiturates only have an
> anticonvulsant effect at anaesthetic doses."
>
> <snip>

Phenobarbital is the most common drug prescribed for seizures because
of it's effectiveness, how long it's been around and the low harm done
to the body from it. I misspoke when I said it is what is normally
given, because it's not. Though it is usually looked at first as an
option and if it can't be prescribed because of it's "drowsy" effects
on the person, then it isn't prescribed. My brother has to take daily
doses of Phenobarbital, and so do a few friends of mine.
Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax.

According to this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiepileptic
there are A LOT of other options out there for people who have
seizures. It's interesting to note that "Depakote" and "Vitamins &
exercise" are not on the list.

> > Note: It's illegal for Scientology to practice medicine without a
> > license.... but they do anyway.
>
> Is the cult advertising narcotics for sale online now too?
>
> You get an A+ for irony....
>
> John

I wish I knew where these drugs were that you say that I sell. What
website of mine, that I don't know about, do you recommend that I
check out?

John Dorsay

Jan 4, 2009, 10:58:02 PM1/4/09
kennethno...@gmail.com wrote:

<snip>

> Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax.

That's .sig material, Fred/Paul. VWD!

<snip>

> I wish I knew where these drugs were that you say that I sell. What
> website of mine, that I don't know about, do you recommend that I
> check out?

You know damned well that you posted your drug ads to usenet, not to
a web page, you weaseling liar. Do you want links to your posts or
can you find them yourself?

With all due respect,

John

--

"Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax."

Paul Horner
aka Fred Durks
aka BarbaraSc...@gmail.com
aka JamesWestfa...@gmail.com
aka kennethno...@gmail.com
aka netskril...@gmail.com
aka silver...@gmail.com

kennethno...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 11:20:20 PM1/4/09
On Jan 4, 8:58 pm, John Dorsay <restimula...@gmail.com> wrote:

> kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax.
>
> That's .sig material, Fred/Paul. VWD!
>
> <snip>
>
> > I wish I knew where these drugs were that you say that I sell. What
> > website of mine, that I don't know about, do you recommend that I
> > check out?
>
> You know damned well that you posted your drug ads to usenet, not to
> a web page, you weaseling liar. Do you want links to your posts or
> can you find them yourself?
>
> With all due respect,
>
> John
>
> --
>
> "Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax."
>
> Paul Horner
> aka Fred Durks
> aka BarbaraSchwarzR...@gmail.com
> aka JamesWestfallTheOcta...@gmail.com
> aka kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com
> aka netskrillsupp...@gmail.com
> aka silverquic...@gmail.com

Here's some other wild stuff for your signature....

At high daily doses of Xanax (10mg or higher), if a patient quites
cold turkey they run the risk of going into cardiac arrest or having
violent seizures, which can lead to death. That's why a doctor will
prescribe Phenobarbital. This balances out the patient in the week
long period or so of withdrawals.

Here's another insane piece of info for your sig line that you can
also use - In four years of posting on ARS, I've only posted as
kennethno...@gmail.com and netskril...@gmail.com

FUCKING WILD! FUCKING CRAZY! FUCKING AMAZING!

lol John Dorsay

John Dorsay

Jan 5, 2009, 12:00:29 AM1/5/09
kennethno...@gmail.com wrote:

> Here's some other wild stuff for your signature....
>
> At high daily doses of Xanax (10mg or higher), if a patient quites
> cold turkey they run the risk of going into cardiac arrest or having
> violent seizures, which can lead to death. That's why a doctor will
> prescribe Phenobarbital. This balances out the patient in the week
> long period or so of withdrawals.
>
> Here's another insane piece of info for your sig line that you can
> also use - In four years of posting on ARS, I've only posted as
> kennethno...@gmail.com and netskril...@gmail.com

"Insane" might be too strong a word, Fred/Paul. Maybe you were just
too stoned on phenobarb while you were withdrawing from xanax so you
don't remember using the other addresses.

Here's a little selection that might help to refresh your memory.
If Google's message id search can't find them. let me know and I
will repost them for you.

From 24.251.221.131

<893631c4-022e-44cb...@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>
as Fred Durks <netskril...@gmail.com>

<ec6f2ca0-3f5e-4586...@k39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>
as kennethno...@gmail.com

<afc33b79-f41a-4c12...@v46g2000hsv.googlegroups.com>
as kennethno...@gmail.com

<48780030-1a86-4812...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com> as
JamesWestfa...@gmail.com

From 65.101.36.161
<3faa26a6-ec34-4462...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com> as
JamesWestfa...@gmail.com

<4d4fb11b-9ba0-457f...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com>
as Fred Durks <netskril...@gmail.com>

<752b2afb-ce9b-4711...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
as kennethno...@gmail.com

From 69.10.33.212
<9557629b-4f2c-430d...@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com> as
JamesWestfa...@gmail.com

<fb28e653-9901-4fcc...@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>
as BarbaraSc...@gmail.com

From that little proxy subnet (75.125.163.154)
<de65e0b3-7c02-4b3e...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com>
as BarbaraSc...@gmail.com

You posted to drug-oriented newsgroups using an address from that
same little proxy subnet (75.125.163.146) as silverquick69. Your
ads for illegal drugs were posted to the same groups using the same
posting id. Go figure. Anyway, here are some message ids.

<55e8176b-4ae8-41c9...@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com>
<deb3acc6-3149-4582...@b30g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
<81e9da55-875b-4e35...@z11g2000prl.googlegroups.com>
<ea3157f9-b43a-4607...@z11g2000prl.googlegroups.com>

And, of course, from the only ip address you ever post from at
75.160.18.241

<87c2357f-cb20-4c82...@z6g2000pre.googlegroups.com>
as Fred Durks <netskril...@gmail.com>

<b9ac0e90-40b0-411a...@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
as kennethno...@gmail.com

<843a75e0-a3fc-4a87...@v1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>
as silverquick69 <silver...@gmail.com>

Hope this helps,

John

--

"Phenobarbital is also helpful in getting off Xanax."

Paul Horner
aka Fred Durks

Eldon

Jan 5, 2009, 4:36:53 AM1/5/09
On Jan 5, 2:20 am, John Dorsay <restimula...@gmail.com> wrote:

> kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Or, if the Depakote really wasn't working, the Travolta's needed to
> > try other medications like Phenobarbital. Phenobarbital is what is
> > normally given to people to prevent seizures and it works, big time.
>
> You should correct the wikipedia article athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiepileptic, Dr. Horner.

> "Phenobarbital was the main anticonvulsant from 1912 till the
> development of phenytoin in 1938. Today, phenobarbital is rarely
> used to treat epilepsy in new patients since there are other
> effective drugs that are less sedating. Phenobarbital sodium
> injection can be used to stop acute convulsions or status
> epilepticus, but a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam, diazepam or
> midazolam is usually tried first. Other barbiturates only have an
> anticonvulsant effect at anaesthetic doses."

Here's where the bipolar vs. epilepsy confusion (and the different
spelling) apparently comes from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valproate_semisodium
It is used in the UK and U.S. for the treatment of the manic episodes
of bipolar disorder, and increasingly taken long-term for prevention
of both manic and depressive phases of bipolar disorder, especially
the rapid-cycling variant. It is also used in the US for the treatment
of epilepsy, chronic pain associated with neuropathy, and migraine
headaches. Its chemical name is sodium hydrogen bis(2-
propylpentanoate). The extended release formulation allows for a
single daily dose.

In the UK semisodium valproate has been sold for a few years as the
proprietary drug Depakote and marketed for psychiatric conditions
only. It is about five times the price of sodium valproate, which has
been marketed for around 30 years as Epilim by the same company for
epilepsy and is also available from other manufacturers as a generic
product.
-----
Translation: The British health service won't pay the premium price to
use the drug for epilepsy.

Eldon

Jan 5, 2009, 8:13:44 AM1/5/09
On Jan 5, 12:58 am, Monica Pignotti <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com wrote:
> > "They say the Travoltas were concerned about possible physical damage.
> > And, Jett went back to having around one seizure a week. So Travolta
> > and Preston, after consulting neurosurgeons, stopped administering the
> > drug."
>
> > Fromhttp://www.tmz.com/2009/01/04/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-...

> > Who are these "neurosurgeons"? Why do I have a feeling that they are
> > Scientologists?
>
> > Also, they say the only medication they were giving Jett at the one
> > time was Depakote. Depakote's primary use is for bi-polar disease, not
> > seizures. A common drug given to people that have grand mal seizures
> > is Phenobarbital, not Depakote.
>
> That's not correct. While it is true that Depakote is used for bipolar
> disorder, it is also used for seizures.

As I said in a post below, what Paul said would be correct in the UK,
where Depokate (their spelling) is used only for bipolar disorder, and
a cheaper generic drug is used for seizures. A doctor who commented on
one article about this said the same thing.

> Some of the newest current
> psychiatric meds are also anti-seizure meds. While it is true of
> course that Scientology doesn't allow people taking services to take
> psychiatric meds, if it was being given for a physical condition, that
> would be more open to interpretation. Whatever the case, we now know
> that he was at one time on Depakote so either the Scientologists
> didn't object, or the Travoltas were giving it to him anyway.

We also know that the Travoltas stopped giving it to him, at least
according to their friend the lawyer. Why they didn't substitute
something else might be an interesting question, but I doubt
Scientology would object to anything they did except depart the cult
publicly.

Celebrities can get away with a lot. Kirstie Alley went to the
squirrel Jenny Craig outfit to lose weight (temporarily) instead of
utilizing her OT powerz; and Katie Holmes Crruise reporrtedly
breastfed Baby Suri instad of malnourishing her with LRH's barley
water concoction that he recalled from a past life. I don't think
either one of them got dragged into ethics for those transgressions.

Patrick Volk

Jan 5, 2009, 10:35:40 PM1/5/09
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:11:14 -0800 (PST), kennethno...@gmail.com
wrote:

Reading other posts, and I have to wonder about the accuracy of that.
I would expect Phenobarbitol to be administered to an epilepsy patient
IF THEY WERE HAVING A GRAND MAL SEIZURE.

Heavy stuff... It's a general sedative.