Ex Scientologist Message Board (ESMB) turns 1 year old

Emma

Jan 3, 2008, 8:17:14 AM1/3/08
I can't believe a whole year has gone by already, but it has.

In just 12 months we have had over 2300 threads created by over 400 members
who have made over 53000 posts. There have been a total of 63000+ unique
vistors who visited 220000+ times to read 4.5+ million pages of posts
written by ex scientologists telling the world about their experiences.

I made a more detailed post on ESMB and those who are interested can read it
here:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3172

There have been many old friends who have found each other again, many new
friendships made and even families reunited.

Thank you to all those who have supported the board over the last year. You
know who you are.

Emma
--
Ex Scientologist Message Board
http://www.forum.exscn.net

navy.intern...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 9:30:37 AM1/3/08

CONGRATULATIONS! Emma, you have succeeded in a wonderful job!

alanzo...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 9:35:54 AM1/3/08

Being on ESMB has helped me more in my recovery from the cult than any
other thing I've done in the 6 1/2 years since I've been out.

Thanks, Emma.

Skipper

Jan 3, 2008, 10:31:09 AM1/3/08
In article <5u45iuF...@mid.individual.net>, Emma
<emm...@bonbon.net> wrote:

I hate to quote Oprah, but you go, girl.

Chip Gallo

Jan 3, 2008, 11:02:05 AM1/3/08

Thanks for the hard work, Emma! Your place reminds me of the auditor
lounge which FCDC had at one time. Old timers helping the younger folk
get up to speed. Most of the conversations are prolly not what Hubbard
had mind, but neither is the internet :-)

I too have reconnected with several people from my past on ESMB.

May all your packets be properly routed,
Chip

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 3, 2008, 12:37:16 PM1/3/08

What I wonder:
Is there anyone except "Mr. Settlement" who warns about participating in
your forum?

:-)

Tilman

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

Message has been deleted

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 3, 2008, 1:40:19 PM1/3/08

Congratulations. One year withstanding the cult in the process.

bb

Jan 3, 2008, 1:48:36 PM1/3/08
On Jan 3, 4:02 pm, Chip Gallo <cga...@nospamcitlink.net> wrote:
> Skipper wrote:
> > In article <5u45iuF1ftio...@mid.individual.net>, Emma

I connected up with old friends from decades ago.

Well done Emma!

bb

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 3, 2008, 2:05:06 PM1/3/08
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:27:18 +0100, FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>I made a more detailed post on ESMB and those who are interested can read it
>>>here:
>>>
>>>http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3172
>>>
>>>There have been many old friends who have found each other again, many new
>>>friendships made and even families reunited.
>>>
>>>Thank you to all those who have supported the board over the last year. You
>>>know who you are.
>>
>>What I wonder:
>>Is there anyone except "Mr. Settlement" who warns about participating in
>>your forum?
>>
>>:-)
>>
>>Tilman
>

>Yes there is, and I was the first one doing it.

Maybe I should have said "A real, existing person" :-)

I don't know who or what "FTSOH" is.

Message has been deleted

henri

Jan 3, 2008, 3:05:55 PM1/3/08
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:05:06 +0100, Tilman Hausherr <tilman...@snafu.de>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:27:18 +0100, FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Maybe I should have said "A real, existing person" :-)

>I don't know who or what "FTSOH" is.

Sten is a real, existing person, dumbshit.

Magoo

Jan 3, 2008, 3:23:31 PM1/3/08

"Out_Of_The_Dark" <xscilen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah---Good job, Emma! I don't post over there, merely due to time....but I
think it's terrific you've created one more avenue
for people to connect up and share their experiences, opinions, friendships
and views, etc. after leaving Scientology!

The more, the merrier :) Message boards are like food:
The more choices one offers, the more chances you have of
finding people interested.

Have a great second year!

Tory/Magoo~~~

alanzo...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2008, 3:43:34 PM1/3/08
On Jan 3, 2:05 pm, henri <he...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:05:06 +0100, Tilman Hausherr <tilman-use...@snafu.de>

> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:27:18 +0100, FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >Maybe I should have said "A real, existing person" :-)
> >I don't know who or what "FTSOH" is.
>
> Sten is a real, existing person, dumbshit.

I agree.

Sten is a dumbshit.

Message has been deleted

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 3, 2008, 4:23:24 PM1/3/08
On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:35:18 +0100, FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>But you don't care that "Emma" isn't the real name of the owner of ESMB?
>Does that mean that Emma isn't "A real, existing person" either?
>
>Why the double standard?

If Emma would have given her opinion about the forum, then I would have
pointed out that I don't know who she is. And this is why I asked other
people about their opinion.

Tilman Hausherr

Jan 3, 2008, 4:24:59 PM1/3/08

I had forgotten that it was this week's name of Sten. But what I do
remember, is what he did here in the past years. Which is why his
opinion does not carry much weight.

Muldoon

Jan 3, 2008, 4:38:40 PM1/3/08
Happy Birthday to ESMB!

Arnie's forum, OCMB, a.r.s. and ESMB, and others, all contribute.

Lulu Belle

Jan 4, 2008, 9:18:17 AM1/4/08
On Jan 3, 8:17 am, "Emma" <emmm...@bonbon.net> wrote:
> I can't believe a whole year has gone by already, but it has.
>
> In just 12 months we have had over 2300 threads created by over 400 members
> who have made over 53000 posts. There have been a total of 63000+ unique
> vistors who visited 220000+ times to read 4.5+ million pages of posts
> written by ex scientologists telling the world about their experiences.
>
> I made a more detailed post onESMBand those who are interested can read it

> here:
>
> http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3172
>
> There have been many old friends who have found each other again, many new
> friendships made and even families reunited.
>
> Thank you to all those who have supported the board over the last year. You
> know who you are.
>
> Emma
> --
> Ex Scientologist Message Boardhttp://www.forum.exscn.net

In my opinion, ESMB is the most significant and impactful thing that
happened in the Scientology critic movement in the last year.

Emma has provided a safe space for exes of all types to come to and
communicate. There are freezoners. There is XSO. There is ex org and
mission staff. There are people who have been out for years. There are
people who have been out for weeks. There are people who aren't
actually "out" yet but are making a reach.

All are welcome and treated with respect.

As a result, newly outs and people who have been out for a while but
were afraid to speak have come there and told their stories.

It's amazing the wealth of information and data that is on that board.

I invite any of you who have not been there to pay a visit.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Magoo

Jan 4, 2008, 5:29:16 PM1/4/08

"Lulu Belle" <exes...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Just a suggestion, but when ever you "invite" people on the Net,
always post the Web address. That way they can get there.
Many new people out are not savvy as to how to find a link,
and although it may be in this thread, they may *hear* you---
so make sure you post the link, too.
Just an idea, from one who speaks from experience of being
un-experienced in the Net....when I first left.

My best,

Tory/Magoo~~~

Magoo

Jan 4, 2008, 6:10:08 PM1/4/08

On Jan 4, 5:29 pm, "Magoo" <mago...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Lulu Belle" <exess...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Tory/Magoo~~~- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, you're right.

I meant to do it. I guess I had a blonde moment. :)
Hey---I protest! :)

http://forum.exscn.net

Thanks,

Lulu Belle

Jan 4, 2008, 5:43:56 PM1/4/08
On Jan 4, 5:29 pm, "Magoo" <mago...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Lulu Belle" <exess...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Tory/Magoo~~~- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, you're right.

I meant to do it. I guess I had a blonde moment. :)

http://forum.exscn.net

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for 10 Years

Jan 4, 2008, 9:50:59 PM1/4/08
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 00:17:14 +1100, "Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net> wrote:

Congratulations Emma,

and again apologies for the rough start a year ago, many were
concerned, about you upstarts cause we had no track record of previous
performance, and too many cultic symptoms in your replies at that
time, but you know we had already been trolled many times over the
years byBill Yaude's online goons...but in your case, our fears were
unfounded...Tis a sincere pleasure to have been wrong, considering w
much good it appears from my perusal of the site, it is doing.

I'd like the liberty of collecting some of the best threads there as
we try to do from anywhere on the net and collect them on
my archive board..

best wishes for the new year,

arnie lerma

This message was typed in ForteAgent for Windows Vista runnng in Wine
under Kumbuntu flavor of Debian Linux
Have A Nice Day Microsoft! I AM FREE!! and I didnt have to buy any
other rubbish to manage everything I need including editing
videos..and all my ports are closed in the kernel!