The Guardian about scientologist anti-prozac lawsuit

Chip Gallo

Sep 7, 2001, 1:21:52 PM9/7/01
There was a Scientologist named "Skip Murgatroyd" just like the name of the
attorney in paragraph seven. Wonder if they are one in the same?

Chip Gallo

"Tilman Hausherr" <til...@berlin.snafu.de> wrote in message

> [...]
> this was going to happen two to three years ago, but the Medicines
> Control Agency - the regulators - have done nothing to forestall
> it."
>
> The lawsuit alleges that the manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, has
> deliberately failed to warn doctors and patients that Paxil/Seroxat
> can cause severe withdrawal reactions. It says that the company has
> wrongly claimed the bad reactions are caused by a relapse into
> depression when people stop the drug, yet some people experience
> symptoms when they stop taking the drug which they did not have
> before they first took it.
>
> The US lawyers allege that all the SSRI class of antidepressants
> have the potential to cause withdrawal reactions when people try to
> stop taking them, but that Paxil/Seroxat is the worst. The drug,
> which has the generic name of paroxetine, is at the top of a league
> table produced by the World Health Organisation which records
> complaints from 60 countries of bad reactions to medicines.
>
> Venlafaxine, which has the brand name Effexor, is second. A British
> man, Steve Whiting, secured legal aid to bring a case over addiction
> to Effexor in this country against its manufacturer, Wyeth- Ayerst.
> Prozac (fluoxetine) is in seventh place.
>
> One of the reasons that Paxil/Seroxat causes so many problems, said
> Mr Medawar, is that it is as widely used - if not more widely - than
> Prozac. It is prescribed not just for mild depression but for a
> range of anxiety and mood disorders, such as obsessive compulsive
> disorder and "social anxiety disorder" - for people who feel panicky
> at the thought of mixing at parties.
>
> But crucially, he said, the problems show up when people try to stop
> taking Paxil/Seroxat because it has a shorter half-life than most of
> the other SSRIs. That means it clears the body faster and so it is
> more obvious that fatigue and pains are related to quitting the
> drug. With SSRIs that linger in the system for longer, by the time
> the symptoms appear it may seem that depression has set in again -
> and so the doctor's answer is another SSRI prescription.
>
> GlaxoSmithKline insists there is no problem with its drug. "There is
> absolutely no reliable scientific evidence that Paxil is addictive
> or leads to dependence," said a spokesman.
>
> He added: "As far as we're concerned, all of the regulatory bodies
> are quite happy with the product."
>
> But Social Audit, which has monitored antidepressant drugs for
> decades, sees history repeating itself. Morphine was used for years
> to treat opium addiction. Barbiturates, found to be horribly
> addictive, were replaced by the benzodiazepines - such as Librium,
> Valium and Mogadon - which were liberally prescribed as safer and
> non- addictive. Then came Ativan, which like Paxil/Seroxat had a
> short half-life, and the symptoms of benzodiazepine dependence
> became clear.
>
> The SSRIs have largely taken their place, but according to Mr

Tilman Hausherr

Sep 7, 2001, 2:43:26 PM9/7/01
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:21:52 -0400, "Chip Gallo"
<cga...@deletethisnewsguy.com> wrote in <9navj...@enews3.newsguy.com>:

>There was a Scientologist named "Skip Murgatroyd" just like the name of the
>attorney in paragraph seven. Wonder if they are one in the same?

Yes it is him. His real name is George Murgatroyd 3.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

Deana M. Holmes

Sep 7, 2001, 8:22:03 PM9/7/01

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:21:52 -0400, "Chip Gallo"
> <cga...@deletethisnewsguy.com> wrote in
> <9navj...@enews3.newsguy.com>:
>
>>There was a Scientologist named "Skip Murgatroyd" just like the name of
>>the attorney in paragraph seven. Wonder if they are one in the same?
>
> Yes it is him. His real name is George Murgatroyd 3.

Isn't he the same attorney who tried to deny he was a Scientologist? I
thought you had a tangle with him, Tilman.

Deana
mir...@earthlink.net

ptsc

Sep 7, 2001, 10:39:55 PM9/7/01
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:21:52 -0400, "Chip Gallo"
<cga...@deletethisnewsguy.com> wrote:

>There was a Scientologist named "Skip Murgatroyd" just like the name of the
>attorney in paragraph seven. Wonder if they are one in the same?

They are.

This is Scientology lawyer and IAS Patron George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd
III.

He is also a Slatkin victim. For some reason my post on the subject
of Murgatroyd has "disappeared" from Google groups. I'll repost
tomorrow under separate header.

ptsc

Tilman Hausherr

Sep 8, 2001, 4:46:29 AM9/8/01
On 7 Sep 2001 20:22:03 -0400, mir...@nospamearthlink.net (Deana M.
Holmes) wrote in <Xns9115B12385E30m...@205.232.34.12>:

No I didn't, that was that "Spadolini" guy. He just didn't want to be
listed on that clam shyster list.

Tilman

ptsc

Sep 8, 2001, 8:49:02 AM9/8/01
On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:39:55 -0400, ptsc <ptsc AT nym DOT alis DOT net> wrote:

>This is Scientology lawyer and IAS Patron George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd
>III.

Here's my original post which had vanished from Google Groups for no good
reason.

I suppose it needs to be put back. I wonder if Google Groups is now editing at
will for the crime cult to help them conceal their crimes, even though they
won't do anything about the sporge that still pollutes their archives.

This is a repost of my original message, which includes two iterations of the
"Scientology Shyster's List" as well as every other non-redundant mention of the
crime cult lawyer George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd III, the cocksucking Scientology
crime cult legal whore who threatened lawsuits against people who discussed his
extensive history with the crime cult of Scientology, as well as his bullshit
lawsuits on behalf of the crime cult of Scientology, as well as how he was cited
for ambulance-chasing for exercising ethics typical of a Scientology crime
cultist in his legal practice. The Indiana Bar penalized Murgatroyd for his
illegal ambulance-chasing and solicitation of clients within the state of
Indiana. He is not the only Scientology crime cultist lawyer sanctioned for
blatant ambulance-chasing. John Coale, husband of Greta van Susteren, also
shares this dubious honor.

Needless to say, lawsuit threats aside, the cultist is obviously a cultist, as
he is a Patron of the IAS, meaning he has not only purchased a lifetime
membership in the crime cult group the "International Association of
Scientologists" but has in addition thrown away $40,000 for absolutely nothing
so he can be listed in inscrutably tiny print in issues of crime cult magazine
Impact. I don't know who this crime cult fuckup thought he was fooling by
denying to be a member of the Mafia cult of Scientology, or if he is responsible
for it disappearing from Google groups, but the crime cultist can be absolutely
certain the information will continue to be out there, whatever insane lies he
tells.

---

A bit over a year ago, Disturber of the Peace was distributing his CO$ Shyster
list listing all lawyers who have whored for the crime cult of Scientology.
One of these scumbags was George W. Murgatroyd. Murgatroyd went utterly
bugfuck and flatly denied the allegation, sending threatening letters and
harassing DP at work.

DP eventually removed him from the list, then put him back, then later put him
back in an editorial note with an explanation of what had gone back and forth.

Here are some of the letters from this loser lawyer. Well, it turns out the
goddamn lying bastard is a Cornerstone Member of the group of contributors to
the Super Power building!

Here is a listing of other information about this asshole, including the
Shyster List that included him, as well as information on his failed lawsuits
and other cocksucking legal whore activity on behalf of the cult of
Scientology.

From: til...@xenu.com (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Scientology Lawyers
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 21:05:50 GMT

In <19970321183...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, jim...@aol.com
(JimDBB) wrote:

>Paul asks how many of the scientology lawyers are actually scientologists?
>
>Kendrick Moxon is for sure. I should imagine that Helena is and Earl
>Cooley. Edelson certainly acts and talks like one. They should all be
>disbarred.

Moxon and Bowles and Bartilson are. Helena and E.Coli are too, there is
no doubt. Other clam attorneys are John "Bhopal" Coale his wife Greta "I
like the ethics" van Susteren, George "Prozac" Murgatroyd, Fenton Jones
and a few others. Btw Coale just had a "big win" against Tobacco (L&M).
Elron would fart in his grave if he knew that...

Rod mentioned that E.Coli seems to be retired. It is impossible to find
him at the WEST legal database (I used his real name of course).

---

From: Warrior <war...@electrotex.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Lisa Marie's Attorney
Date: 11 Aug 1997 21:05:54 -0700

In article <33f34cf8...@news.snafu.de>, til...@berlin.snafu.de says...

>In <5smcb6$p...@drn.zippo.com>, Warrior <war...@electrotex.com> wrote:
>
>> John Coale is formerly of the all Scientologist lawfirm Coale,
>> Michael Kananack & Skip Murgatroyd on Wilshire Blvd, LA Calif.
>
>Yeah... the lawfirm was later named "Kananack, Murgatroyd, Baum &
>Hedlund"; now it has a third name "Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford &
>Downey", and a website http://www.bhagd.com/attorneys/ . The big
>question is whether "Baum" is the same Michael Baum who is an unindicted
>co-conspirator in snow white.

I'm pretty sure it is the same person - just not sure enough to
state it as a fact.

I have a picture of him. Too bad I don't have a scanner!

What I can tell you is that his full name is Michael L. Baum.

The firm was a partnership of professional corporations
and consisted of at various times: (known years listed)

John P. Coale, Esq. 1987-88
Michael Jesse Kananack, Esq. 1980-96
George (Skip) W. Murgatroyd III, Esq. 1983-96
Michael L. Baum, Esq. 1986-96 (in 1984 was only a "law clerk")
Robert Max Klein, Esq. 1985-86
Neal Sobol, Esq. 1987-89
Dominique Hawker, Esq. 1987
Craig Snyder, Esq. 1987
Judith Katz, Esq. 1988-89
Eric D. Goldner, Esq. 1988-89
Kathryn Hazeem, Esq. 1988-89
Thomas M. McGreal, Esq. 1988-89
Robert Carlin, Esq. 1988-89
Thomas G. Witkop, Esq. 1987-88
Paul Hedlund, Esq. 1988-96
Robert Nolan Conrad (Of Counsel) 1984-87
Michael Cholodenko, Esq. (Of Counsel) 1984-86
Shirley J. Weiner (Of Counsel) 1987
Robert Foss, Paralegal/Law Clerk 1987-88
Charles (Chuck) J. Judge, Law Clerk 1987-88
Sheila Beam, Paralegal 1987-88
Marlene (Mo) Foss, Office Manager 1987-88/ Senior Office Mgr 1988
Mimi Eagleton, Office Manager 1986/ Executive Assistant 1987
Gabrielle Hanley Crittenden, Paralegal 1984
Susan Hatcher 1987-88
T.E. Roberts 1987
Tammy Sanders 1987
Kim Butler 1987
Gayle Fulkes 1987
Julie Wernett 1987-88
Brian Garcia 1988
Gary Brown 1988
Jacqueline Brown 1987
Cynthia Katkish 1987
Karen Barth 1987-88
Allison Randall 1988
Bridget Williams 1988

I have obtained pictures of most of the above individuals.

Most, if not all, were Scientologists. And the firm also had an office
at 1507 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, besides the one at 6535
Wilshire Blvd, LA, California 90048.

Warrior

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: clam sleuth on the web
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 13:20:21 GMT

I looked up West for scientologists George Murgatroyd 3. He is a
scientology patron and litigated (unsuccessfully, of course) against
Eli Lilly.

http://www.wld.com/lawyer/murgatroyd.george

His lawfirm changed names several times:
http://www.wld.com/id/W96720631715

Coale, Kananack & Murgatroyd, until December 1, 1990

Kananack, Murgatroyd & Baum, until January 29, 1993

Kananack, Murgatroyd Baum & Hedlund, until May 14, 1996

Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford & Downey, P.C.

Because of the current name (see also at
http://www.bhagd.com/attorneys/) I assumed Murgatroyd was out. But no:
he is still in the lawfirm, but his name is gone. He is at the bottom of
the name list, he is neither "Partner", nor "Assocuiate" nor
"Shareholder", he is a "nothing". This is really weird. How could he
fall so low?

---

"Keep kwiet. Ksenu's kracking klam klusters."

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology,misc.legal
Subject: scientologist ambulance chaser: George Murgatroydm
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 19:00:03 GMT

Well, Greta van Susteren is not alone :-)

===

Lawyers Advertising on the Web:
Is a Cure Worse Than the Disease?

August 29, 1996
The New York Times

By CHRISTINE BIEDERMAN

Imagine it's one of those I NEED A LAWYER NOW! moments.
Say you've arrived home to find the bank account
Hoovered and the spouse embarked for Tahiti with the
accountant. Or your perfect child, a finalist for a
Harvard scholarship, just called from jail to ask
whether she should take the breathalyzer the police have
proffered.

An attentive netizen, you've noticed lawyers' home pages
multiplying like rabbits on fertility pills. Entering
"DUI" in your favorite Web search engine produces more
than 200 links. Scanning the list, one entry grabs your
attention: "Top Gun DUI Defense Attorney."

Clicking on the link summons the home page of one Myles
L. Berman, a distinguished-looking, fortyish lawyer who
practices in Southern California. "Friends don't let
other friends plead guilty," advises Berman, who
describes himself as "a successful, aggressive DUI
defense lawyer with a national reputation for
successfully representing most of his clients."

Sounds like your kind of guy. His Web page contains
links to a message board ("The 'Oh, No, I just got
arrested for drunk driving' forum"), a referral service
called "DWI Lawyers Online" and another referral service
called the "National Drunk Driving Defense Task Force,"
which appears to be a nascent DUI referral service run
by Berman himself. Exploring "DWI Lawyers Online," you
learn that lawyers can be listed here if they submit
their names and addresses and assert that they have
"successfully defended 20 DUI cases."

But wait a minute. This looks like the cyberspace
equivalent of sending in cereal box tops. Does Berman
check these claims? Come to think of it, who checks to
see if lawyers listed with any of the dozens of Internet
referral services are any good? Are there services that
lawyers pay to join? Are there other financial
arrangements you should know about -- fee splitting, for
example? How do you know where the lawyers are licensed?
How do you know if the lawyers are licensed?

Come to think of it, how do you know if any of that
advice those thousands of lawyers are giving away on
their thousands of home pages is any darned good?

For these reasons and others, attorney advertising on
the Web has state bars wringing their hands and moving
in to regulate.

"If that Web page is for the purpose of marketing legal
services, it's subject to regulation," insists Will
Horner, staff counsel to the Commission on Advertising
for the American Bar Association, a voluntary
association that acts as a sort of de facto overseer and
advisor of the legal profession.

But regulation by whom?

Traditionally, regulation of lawyers, doctors and other
professionals has fallen to the states. Each can
regulate lawyers licensed in that state and bar anyone
from practicing who is not licensed in the state. Beyond
that, though, things get murky. When a client in Ohio
requests a patent opinion from a New York lawyer, is the
New York lawyer "practicing" in Ohio? Does this change
if the New York lawyer answers a real estate question
based on Ohio law? How about if the New York lawyer
flies into Columbus to attend a deposition in an case
pending in New York? In Ohio? In Texas?

Horner acknowledges that even in these areas, the
answers are "very much dependent on the facts," with
different states taking different positions. "And when
it comes down to solicitation and advertising, it's a
total quagmire," he said.

Indeed, nowhere do the states differ more widely than
rules governing client solicitation -- particularly
issues like referral networks, referral fees and
advertising. "A core follow ABA rules," Hornsby says,
referring to the American Bar Association's guidelines,
"with different degrees of variance. A handful have
major restrictions on advertising. And some follow a
completely different code."

And while Horner is quick to say it's not for him to
conclude whether Berman's home page -- or any lawyer's
ads, for that matter -- violate a particular state's
advertising rules, he noted, "There is a provision in
force in almost every state that says you can't create
an unjustified expectation and cannot compare your
services to another in a way that's not quantifiable."

Berman acknowledged, "Some lawyers told me the
Pennsylvania State Bar put on a symposium and someone
used my ad as an example of one that would not comply
with their rules." Moreover, a recent law review article
cited his sponsorship of "Mirsky's Drunk Browsing Test,"
a popular Web page designed by the former Mad magazine
writer Robert Mersky, as an example of "undignified
lawyer advertising."

Such criticisms can cause Berman to lose his sense of
humor momentarily. "Many state bars' regulation of
advertising is basically to protect the legal
establishment and not the consumer," he asserted. "But
California is very interested in making the public aware
of its rights, and very protective of commercial free
speech."

While conceding that he occasionally gets "some mad
comments from people" about the drunk browsing test,
Berman insisted, "The overwhelming majority of contacts
have been positive."

Of course, like most lawyers, Berman is assuming that
only the states in which he is licensed -- California
and Illinois -- have the right to regulate his home
page. And until now, regulating lawyers' advertising has
been by and large a local enterprise. (Although large
firms have always solicited business out of state,
enforcement of lawyers' advertising rules has, for the
most part, been aimed at those who offer their services
to individual clients).

But the availability of a national advertising medium
like the Internet throws a monkey wrench into the
regulatory mix. Electrons recognize no boundaries; short
of ripping up phone lines, there is little any state can
do to stop information from flowing in.

As France found earlier this year when it tried to ban a
book documenting the late Francois Mitterand's fibs
about the prostate cancer that killed him, only to have
the book turn up on numerous Web sites, the Internet can
foil most laws. That's because laws are based on a
sovereign's power over persons on specified terra firma.
The Internet recognizes no borders.

And so the question of jurisdiction over Internet
lawyering is tricky. Can Florida protect its citizens
from a Wyoming lawyer's ad that it finds misleading? Can
a Texas lawyer file an unauthorized practice complaint
in his home state against an Arizona lawyer who enjoys a
competitive advantage because his ad doesn't comply with
Texas rules?

Hornsby, for one, believes he can. "If you look at the
purpose behind regulation of lawyer advertising --
protecting consumers -- then it's easy to find a duty to
protect consumers," he says. "The mechanism to do that
is unauthorized-practice laws. So if we extend that
theory to Internet usage, the bar could bring an
unauthorized practice claim."

Hornsby cites a current Indiana case, In the Matter of
Murgatroyd, which bar associations around the country
believe may eventually provide a precedent for
sanctioning out-of-state lawyers.

In Murgatroyd, the Indiana Supreme Court disciplinary
commission is seeking to discipline George Murgatroyd
3d, a lawyer licensed in the District of Columbia and in
California but not in Indiana. The commission charges
that following the 1992 crash of a C-130 plane near
Evanville, Ind., Murgatroyd and other out-of-state
lawyers sent targeted direct mail to Indiana citizens,
seeking their business.

Donald R. Lundberg, executive secretary of the
disciplinary commission, said that Murgatroyd's mail
violated Indiana bar rules requiring such solicitations
to be labeled as advertising and filed with the state
commission.

Shortly after Indiana brought its case, Lundberg
recalls, "some of the out-of-state lawyers, Murgatroyd
among them, sued the Indiana bar in Federal court,
claiming the Indiana bar's action violated their
constitutional rights." But the Federal court, deferring
to Indiana courts, dismissed the Federal lawsuit. The
issue is now before the Indiana Supreme Court.

As a practical matter, however, it may be impossible for
lawyers' home pages to comply with all states'
regulations. For example, Florida, Texas, New Mexico and
Kentucky require "advertising" to be screened before it
is used, but differ on whether home pages fall under the
definition of advertising. Other states' rules deal with
minutia such as specific language that must be displayed
and even the type size of disclaimers -- a requirement
difficult to impose on the Web, since the size of type
in text produced by Hypertext Markup Language is
dependent on how a reader has his or her browser set up.

Moreover, many lawyers maintain that such regulatory
turf grabbing is unnecessary, since the Internet may be
uniquely self-regulating. For example, there is little
danger of direct lawyer solicitation on the Internet;
the few lawyers brave (or foolish) enough to spam have
found themselves flamed to a crisp. On the Internet,
clients contact lawyers, not vice-versa.

Some experts say that clever shysters could concoct a
new ambulance-chasing technology by using hidden fields
to send people on a detour to a lawyer's Web page when
these visitors would be most vulnerable -- for example,
when the distraught relative of a plane crash victim
went to an airline's Web site to get an information
number.

But such fears have no basis in fact - at least not yet
- and merely tend to feed what many in the legal
profession see as a needless rush to regulate commercial
speech on the Internet as part of a more general drift.

"It seems to be part of this continuing trend toward a
nationwide system of regulation," said Ellen Pansky, a
Los Angeles lawyer who is the immediate past president
of the Association of Professional Responsibility.
Calling the trend "an extremely poor idea," Pansky
observed that it also flies in the face of current
notions that less government is better.

Then, too, she noted with regard to recent challenges to
the Communications Decency Act, "All these Internet
regulations are being thrown out on First Amendment
grounds, so how can you apply a different standard to
the truthful commercial speech of lawyers?"

Christine Biederman is a Dallas lawyer and
journalist. She does not advertise on the
World Wide Web.

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology,fl.general
Subject: Re: Digital Lightwave stock falls, investors sue
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:40:43 GMT

In <34ca23e5...@news.zippo.com>, mdal...@kcii.com (Mark Dallara)
wrote:

>Does anybody remember whether or not Digital Lightwave is connected to the
>Church of $cientology somehow? Does anyone recognize any of the names
>mentioned in the article? The summary insert box in the article reads as
>follows:

Of course:

Digital Lightwave, Inc (Bryan J. Zwan, $100,000 donation to the IAS;
Kenneth T. Myers, $40,000 to the IAS, Denise Licciardi [According to dst
she is the sister of David Miscavige!], $40,000 to the IAS; Robert
Goransson, $20,000 to the IAS; formerly Doug C. Dohring, $40,000 to the
IAS, his other company was WISE 1991 CEO's Circle member; formerly
Elizabeth Weigand (of Eagleton fame?)). They have issued stocks, so the
SEC has lots of info. Another investor is Scientologist George
Murgatroyd and other members of his lawfirm.

You can search SEC's "edgar" for more info.
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?lightwave

Next one: Earthlink??
---

"Keep kwiet. Ksenu's kracking klam klusters."
http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/prolinks/

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology,fl.general,misc.invest.stocks
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 09:32:50 GMT

>Of course:
>
>Digital Lightwave, Inc (Bryan J. Zwan, $100,000 donation to the IAS;
>Kenneth T. Myers, $40,000 to the IAS, Denise Licciardi [According to dst
>she is the sister of David Miscavige!], $40,000 to the IAS; Robert
>Goransson, $20,000 to the IAS; formerly Doug C. Dohring, $40,000 to the
>IAS, his other company was WISE 1991 CEO's Circle member; formerly
>Elizabeth Weigand (of Eagleton fame?)). They have issued stocks, so the
>SEC has lots of info. Another investor is Scientologist George
>Murgatroyd and other members of his lawfirm.

[IAS = International Association of Scientologist, the official
scientology hate group uniting scientologists around the world and
paying propaganda activities against critics]

>You can search SEC's "edgar" for more info.
>http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?lightwave

All three lawsuits seek class action status, so it should be easy to
find the names of the lawfirms. They should be informed about the
scientology connection, and investigate whether money from the company
was funneled into scientology / IAS / CCHR / WISE / ABLE / NARCONON /
CRIMINON or any other scientology front.

(Sadly, these class action suits are a sort of fraud in itself: the
money to pay back angry investors comes from the company, which means
that the shares will fall even more; the only people who win are the
attorneys. Filing lawsuits against the company managers is probably
useless, as their money is already gone to exorcise scientology
body-thetans)

It is also time that former employees speak out - I am sure that this
bookkeeping isn't a "mistake" and was known to many.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP4]
til...@berlin.snafu.de http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/#cos

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/xenulink.html
Annoy scientology by buying books: http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/bookstore.html

---

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:24:41 +0200 (CEST)
From: Anonymous <nob...@replay.com>
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <ab...@replay.com>.
Subject: "Super Power" Cornerstone Membership Honor Roll
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

SUPER POWER CORNERSTONE MEMBERSHIP HONOR ROLL

LEGION OF HONOR

Elizabeth & Michael Baybak
Trish Duggan
Bob Duggan
Meir Ezra
Aviva & Gal Ezra
Cindy & Joseph Feshbach
Kannon & Kurt Feshbach
Kathy Feshbach
Matthew Feshbach
Flag OT Committee & Friends

FOUNDING MEMBER

Dr. Lloyd Austin
Rosa Prieto & Jose Serrano Barrera
Marilena & Franco Baggio
Ruth & Bill Bowen
Ben Cook
Laurie & Douglas Dohring
Linda, Miles & Michael Drazkowski
Sikica & Jeff Feldman
Emma Garces
Claire Guignon
Craig Jensen
Sally Jenses
Mirielle, Nathan, Noah & Ron Pollack
Adriana Saltamerenda
Felicitas Serrano & German Perez
Reed Slatkin
Barbara & Rolf Springer
June & Dr. Bryan Zwan

KEY CONTRIBUTOR

Stan Albro
Mr. & Mrs. Urs Baumann
Alessandro Baggio
Andrea & Moreno Baggio & Family
Dr. Cindy Bailey
Kathy & Dr. Patrick Bannon
John Beachy
Karin & Richard Beaty
Hans Jacob Bech
Betsy Belden
Klaus Berschiek
Monika Blattl
Jennifer Bowen
Dr. Larry Buhman
Dr. Guy Callahan
Phil Carlson
Kim Bright-Cassano & Ray Cassano
Robert Cefail
Rose Chiang
Dan W. Charpentier
Lorna & Al Crichton
Mr. & Mrs. John Coale
Sandi Codding
Bob Conn
Peter Cross
Atsuke & Michael D'Amour
Irene & Jack Dirmann
Paul Dolan
Sally Dole
Chet Eccles
Ingrid Eccles
Vicki Felix Norton
Ewald Fink
Tim Fitzgerald & Phil Bamford
Dr. Susan Frank & C of S Chicago
Rocio & Luis Garcia
Ronit & Yariv Gilboa
Mary Gordon-Stairs
Edeltraut Groz
Manuela Gubig
Hedwig Gubig
Lily & Alberto Guerrero
Gerhard Haag & Peggy Guignon Haag
Steve Heard
Jeanette & Benjamin Holenstein
Elizabeth Barron & Steven Horwich
Dr. Patricia Huff
Peter Jackson
Laurel Jensen
Marissa Jensen
Dr. Kamini Kapoor
Dr. Maur & Dr. Ken Karger
Dr. Christine Kasle
Catherine Konn
L.D. Services, INc.
Bernardo Lan & Jeanie Lan Balvin
Margaret & Dr. Lawrence Leong
Jenny & Kurt Listug
Guissy & Dedo Maspero
Susan & Dr. Robert McCarty
Denise & Michael McGahee
Joan & Dennis McKenna
Sue & Dr. David Minkoff
Kate Mitchell
Magda Morra
Victoria Morton
Becky & Doug Newman
Mark Nickels
Dr. Robert Neuwirth
Lawrence D. Parker
Margaret E. Pearson
Peggy & Steve Perrin
Donna & Robbie Robinson
Judith Saldarriaga
Oscar Saldarriaga
Gary Scarborough
Jenny Scarfe-Beckett
Judith Schwyter
Indira & Jiten Shah
Char Shipman
Tim Shipman
Diana Venegas-Singer & Dr. David Singer
Steve Smith
Julie & Paul Sonz
Andrei Soukharev
Southern California OT Ambassadors
Dr. Neal Springer
Audane & Dr. Marc Steel
Jason Sund
Dr. Roberta Tibbles & Floyd Gardner
Pat Towne
Larry Trainor
Peter Troebs
Ruth Upton & Doug Borden
Juan Villareal
Pat & Dr. David Wagner
Ronald Watson
Laura Wilson
Michael Wilson
Dr. JoAnn Yamada
Dr. Randy Yamada
Penny & Herb Zerden
Amanda Zwan
Catherine Zwan

CORNERSTONE CLUB MEMBER

Ramon Acosta, Sr.
Ramon Acosta, Jr.
Robert Acosta
Richard Acunto
Tom Adam
Elizabeth Adams
Rohit & Rondi Adi
Azadeh Afzali & Fereidoon Mohammadi
Vivien & David Agami
Church of Scientology of Ann Arbor & friends
Hiroko Aoki
Peter Alevizos
Jolie Alexander
Dr. Jerry Alexander
Sam Ali
Heather & Michael Alker
Phillip Allen
Joyce Anderson
Marlin Anderson
Dr. Kevin Andrews
Phillip Arana
Dr. Steve Archinal & Linda Lambert
Brenda & Doug Arjes
Dawn & Eric Armando
Dennis Arnzen
Mr. & Mrs. George Ash
Dr. Bruce Atkinson
Theresa Atkinson
Church of Scientology of Atlanta & friends
Church of Scientology of Austin & friends
John G. Austin
Linsey B. Austin
Takako Azuma
Lynda Badger
John Badfer
Sheila & Alan Baker
Pam Barton
Ray Barton
Michael Baum
Hans Beck
Ludmilla Beck
Gabrielle Beck-Lipsi
Phil Beckett
Pearl Beckman
Carol & Gary Beeny
Fabienne Bellot
Ginny & Dr. Dwight Benesh
Kathy & Jim Bennett
Eva & John Berryman
Marino Bertoli
Sharon & Steve Besio
Leni Betes & Jacinto Castellano
Rick Bishop
Terri Bishop
Dr. Ralf Blackstone
Kenneth Blair
Mary Blair
Renata & Tony Blanco
John Boel, Snr
Sandra & Leif Boettcher
Eleanor Bolger
Judith Bolger
Susan & Mark Booth & Steve Fudenberg
Mohamed Bouzarzar
Marshall Boys
Bill Brickel
Sherry & David Brier & Debbie Lowe & Family
Vicki Mead & Jason Bromboz
Joseph Brouwer
Claudia Jemal & Ed Bryan
Sheila Bulger
Carolyn Hunter Buford
Dr. Paul Busch
Don Buss
Udo Butenhoff
Connie & Tony Bylsma
Glen Byrnes
Giorgio Cairoli
Joanne G. Cali
Mike Campsey
Diana & Walter Carelton
Flavio Castagna
Anatoli Cefail
Dylan Cefail
Iz Chait
Maryann Chait
Pat Chamberlain-Macfadden & Bob Macfadden
Sarah Downey & Mike Chan
Catherine & Phillipe Chavanne
Church of Scientology of Chicago & friends
Kurt Christiansen
Joanne & Jamie Christiansen
Nancy Clark
Clearwater OT Ambassadors
Dr. Dorothy Cline
Steven Cline
Laura Clouden
Pat Clouden
James Codding
Ingrid & Rob Collewijn
Dr. Keith Collins
Luis Colon
Dickie Conn
Karen & Brian Coyle
Dr. Kathy Conable
Benjamin F. Cook
Chasen Randolph Cook
Tamera Cook
Gary W. Cook
Misty Marie Cook
Ryan Anthony Cook
Danielle Cook
Ashley E. Cook
Bill Cooper
Jennifer Cooper
Gail Coppoli
Bess Currier
Don Currier
Liz Dannaker
William Dannaker
Naomi Davis
Lonni Davis
Sandra Davis
Laurence Dellaserra
Church of Scientology of Detroit & friends
Dr. John Dettmer
Mary Lou Dettmer
Piere Devillers
Catherine Dewitt
Russ Dewitt
Lydia & Tony Dinges
Ursula Bauer-Ditges
Emma & Bart Dobin
Gill Doddington
James Doering
Jason Dohring
Ron Dornbusch
Ellen & Ken Dorsett
Sue Doughty
Dr. Tom Drake
Piera Ducoli & Vito Locatelli
Mary Duda
Nick Duda
Linda Dupont & Buzz Newman
Liliane Eckharter
Dr. Harold Edwards
Craig Eicher
Yvonne & Werner Eichenberger
Gerald Ellenberg
Jody & Michael Elliott
Amy & Hugh Elliott
Lydia & Guy Eltringham
Glenn & Eric Eltringham
Johanna & Lothar Erdtman
Vivian Eriksen
Wendy Ettricks
Craig Fairbanks
Kendall Fairbanks
Steve Falcey
Diane & Don Fell
Angela & Ben Fialkoff
Beatrice Findlay
Jim Fitzgerald
Veronika & Kurt Fliegerbauer
Nick Flowers
Brian Foley
Barbara & Rick Forman
Pavane & Neal Fraser
Judy & Richard Freedman
Dr. Ava Frick
John Fudens
Geoff Fushi
David Gaiman
Jose Luis Galicia
Sheila & Malcolm Gallately
Douglas Gammette
Margaret Gardner
Trisha Garner
Dr. Julie & Dr. Jim Gatza
Adelio Gaviraghi
Fabrizio Gaviraghi
Lisa & Geoff Gault
James Edward Gause
Marianne Genton
Dr. Abe Gershonowitz
Maytal Gilboa
Sheila & Larry Gluck
Marshall Goldblatt
Dr. Arlo Gordin
Bob Graves
Sherese Graves
Joy Grayson
Paige & Chip Green
Theo Grepper
Jennifer & Tom Gundelfinger
Bernhard Gut
Sabine Haag
Leo Hamel
Bert Hanicke
Stina Hans & Joel Kreiner
Larry Hansen
Linda & Butch Hatell
Andrew Hatton-ward
Paula & Steve Hayes
Susie & Geoff Hegeman
Barbara & Walter Hegetschweiler
Dorly Hegetschweiler
Marlene & Dr. Bill Hembree
Elen Henri
Hans Henriksen
Martha Higareda
Dr. Tim Howland
Jocelyn & Martin Huber
Debra Hulthen
Mary Hunter
Grace & Van Hunter
Dr. Elizabeth Huntley
Barbara & Robert Indermaur
Donna & Mark Isham
Barbara & Paul Jackson
Steve Janke
Bill Johanasson
Hakan Johansson
Jan Johnson
Bruce Johnson
George Johnson
Jay Johnson
Susan Johnson
Carolynn Judd
Abby & Michael Juneau
Dr. Joseph Jurgevich
Karen & James Justice
Mary & David Kahn
Becky Kale & Gary Kveton
Brad, Jocelyn & Gloria Kamph
Kyung Kang
Anita & Mike Kaplan
Hanna & Matt Karczewski
Hans Karlsson
Dr. Richard & Muriel Keeney
Dr. Robert Kelly
Mr. & Mrs. Rudi Kempner
Dr. Robert Kezell
Peggy & Shaun Kirk
Ken Klaebe
Carol Kingsley
Monroe Kleiderman
Joanne & Ken Kleiderman
Mr. & Mrs. Michael Kobrin
Sonya & Alfred Kohl
Gail Wray Koochin
Anna & Marc Koska
Jayne & Richard Kraman
Johann Krewer Family
Richard Kuna
Madalaine LaFontan
Lisa Lai & Bill McClain
Chris & John Lake
Sarah & Steve Lake
Dr. Michael Langenfeld
Gabi & Hans Lanik
Connie & Dr. Lloyd Latch & family
Jane & Greg Layton
Barbara & Mike Lee
Tom Leesley & Family
Nick Lekas
Mireille Lenyei-Baroni
Terry Leseur
Janice Piro & Lars Letonoff
Lidoran Roofing Inc.
Dennis Link
Barbara Lil LInson & Ethel Dano
Albert Lipschitz
Jan & Ron Liuzza
Dr. Jeri & Dr. Robert Lizana
Matt Logman
Ken Long
Woody Long
Sandra Longhran
Joan Lonstein
Tony Lonstein
Church of Scientology of Los Gatos & friends
Bob Lotter
Judith & Danny Lu & Johnny Lin
Barbara Macaluso
Lenny Macaluso
Phyllis Mack
The Mackey Family
Mr. & Mrs. Jeff Magee
Greg Makowski
Julie & Darrell Malick
Anita Mally
Sarah, Avary & Dr. George Malnati
The Mandelli Family
Kathy & Dr. Mark Manroe
Julie Mantis and family
Luciano Marchesi
Judy & Reuvein Marcus
Terry & Dr. Bob Marx
Edward March
Luis Martinez
Dedo Maspero
Guisi Maspero
Della & Joseph Matievich
Hisako Matsushita
Carmen & Michael Maurer
Chris & Jim Mayer
Marty Mayer
Mary & Ned McCrink
Brent McDaniels
Quailynn, Scout & Madison McDaniel
Paul McDaniel
Barbara & Cody McFadyen
Rob & Sue McFarlane
Dustin McGahee
Corey McKenna
Debbie & Gerald McNeely
Jeff Medeiros
Jan & Lee Meekcoms
Tamra & Jim Meskimen
Alice & Thomas Messick
Charlotte & Robert Metzler
Leanne & Warren Meyer
Greg Michaels
Dr. Jill Hagan & Brett Miller
Church of Scientology of Minnesota & friends
Dennis Miscovich
Molly & Paul Missonis
Camille & Phillip Mitchell
Karen Mitchell
Peggy Mitchell
Yuko & Mike Miwa
Antonello Moi
Mr. & Mrs. Arthur Moore
Bruce Moore
Carol Moore
Dan Moore
Greg Moore
Dr. John Moore
Dr. Kim Moore
Michael Moore
Carol Morse
David Morse
Phyllis Mueller
Marie Murillo
George Murgatroyd
Felicitas & Jori Murk
Robert Musack
Carol Neff
Karen & Simon Neil
Frankie & John Ness
Walter Neuschitzer
Mark Nickels Family
Nancy Nishimura
Gary Nishimura
Jim Norton
Norm Novitsky
Terri Novitsky
Brian Nunley
Maryann & Kevin O'Donnell
Mauricio Olivares
Church of Scientology of Orange County & friends
Nancy Owen
Massau Oyaizu
Pete Pagano
Mary Jo Pagel
Kurt Paine
Jim Pasqual
Maria Patzek
Sally Peck
Dr. Ernest Pecoraro
Gerdie Perry
Steven C. Perry
Bruno Perugini
Adam Phillips
Diane Phillips
Elena & Michael Phillips
Tess Marie Piotrowski
Janet Platinsky
Dr. Susan & Paul Player
Boris Podolsky
Martha Pomroy
Celebrity Center Portland & friends
Brittany Rose Potter
Richard Poulo
Norman Powell
Yolanda Premoli
Chuck Prenner
Lori Prescott
Peter Profittlich
Vaughn Proust
Grace & Dr. Willis Pumphrey
Mary Quinn
Rod Quinn
Ron Rakow
Helen Ralston
Dr. Norman Ralston
Mario Ravasi
Sandi Read
Dr. Gerald Regni
Dr. Roger Reckis
Brian Reso
Christine Rey
Frances Rich
Thea & John Rich
Mary Rieser
The Rinder family
Elizabeth Roberts
Anthony Robinson
Garrett Robinson
Ginger & Paul Rodeghero
Ellen Roggero & Emanual Ruffinango
Claudio Romano
Glenda Rose
Cooper Rounds
Ralph C. Rounds & Family
Denis Rousseau
Kathleen Ryan
Marie Therese Saldariagga
Barbara Salmon-Macaluso & Lennie Macaluso
San Francisco Mission
Susan Safirstein
Bruce Saliga
Church of Scientology of San Francisco Bay & friends
Sandor Sanislov
Church of Scientology of Santa Barbara & friends
Frances Santos
Roberto Santos
Gabriella Scaccabarozzi
Michael Scaggs
Nancy & Jim Schaeffer
Jeff Schaffner
Cathy Schenkelberg
Yvonne & Ken Schick
Joanne Schnitzer
Robert Schoeller
Kay Seabrook
Church of Scientology of Seattle & friends
Amy & Paul Seymour
Elizabeth & Mark Shreffler
Jennifer Sgroi
Martin Shapiro
Kathy & Jim Shearer
Laura & Dan Sherman
Dr. Megan Shield, George Duggan & Bill Shields, Snr.
Charles Shinneman
Chuck Simon
Jennifer & Michael Simmons
Jeff Simms
Natalie Simms
Bennetta Slaughter
David Slaughter
Paula & Duke Snider
Dr. Robert & Joann Snider
Danny Soglowek
Dr. James Speiser
Spina Chiropractic
Howard Spinner
Jean Spinner
Jim Sprankle & Joan Roswell
Chiara & Mike Staples
Susan Stayne
Al Stein
Cathy Steinberg
Marlen & Tari Steward
Holley Rose Stewart
Maureen Stracener & Family
John Sullivan
Super Power Expansion Project
Survival Insurance
Angela & John Sushko
John Svinos
Lynn & Forrest Tardibuono
Anna Tau
Dr. Vivian Teegardin
Dr. Michael Teifke
Agnes Tissot
Dr. Edward Terino
Kristen Tomczak
John Traul
Bob Twaalfhoven
Ann & Dr. Tony Urbanek
Catherine & Bernard Utheman
Patricia Van Kooten
Bertrand Velge
Catherine Velge
Dr. John Vergis
Albert Vitali
Nelli Villareal
Boud von Rompay
Angelika Voss-Quinn
Gene Walley
Gerhard Waterkamp
Candace and Wayne Weaver
Ernst Weber
Harriet & Bennett Weber
Bob Welch
Charles Wheeler
Ellyn & Larry Wheeler
Tiare & William Widmaier
Monika Wieneke
Michael O. Williams
Eve Wilner
Neil Wilner
Sandra & Greg Winteregg
Gus Wollitzer
Christine Woodruff
Christian Woodruff
Lucia & Steven Wu
Ann Yates
Dr. David M. Yawrenko
Sheila & Stan Yonemoto
Janine & Mohsen Zargar
Curtis Zeringue
Michael & Margene Zimmer

---

From: Curmudgeon <DPIns...@newsguy.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: The Church of Scientology SHYSTER LIST
Date: 8 Jun 1999 15:18:38 -0700

In honor of Scientology forcing AT&T to out Safe, apparently for "Fair Game"
purposes, Disturber of the Peace Institute is proud and happy to present
another, and long overdue, post of ....

THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY SHYSTER LIST (Update No. 9)

Please send all corrections, additions, revisions, or other pertinent info on
Scientology-hired litigators to: dpins...@newsguy.com

In addition, DPI wishes to publish regularly updated lists of the names,
addresses, telephone numbers, work history info, etc. of all private
investigators and similar operatives retained or hired by the CO$. This new
list
will be posted as "THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY JIHAD SQUAD."

your humble and obedient servant,

The Curmudgeon, a true Friend to Lawyers Everywhere

…. lighting another Havana with a burning copy of Ava Paquette's subpoena

See our Heleva Kobra parody site:
http://members.aol.com/heleva/kobra/index.htm

"First, we hang the lawyers" --Bill Shakespeare

"If all the lawyers were hanged tomorrow, and their bones sold to a mahjongg
factory, we'd be freer and safer, and our taxes would be reduced by almost
half." -- H. L. Mencken

"The penalty for laughing in the courtroom is six months in jail: If it were
not
for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence." -- H. L. Mencken

"If law school is so hard to get through, how come there are so many lawyers?"
-
Calvin Trillin

"It is interesting to note that criminals have multiplied of late, and lawyers
have also. But I repeat myself." -- Unknown

Following is a list of attorneys who have been reported to be either employed
or
retained by the Church of Scientology and/or one or more of its affiliate
organizations as litigators. The purpose of this list is to inform the general
public, public officials, and the media of the identity of those lawyers who
assist the Church of Scientology (hereafter, CO$) in carrying out its
long-established and fully documented policy and practice of suppressing the
First Amendment rights of critics and detractors via intimidating letters,
frivolous lawsuits, SLAPP (strategic lawsuits against public participation)
tactics, and other acts of barratry.

The note "CONFIRMED CO$" designates attorneys who have been confirmed as those
who provide such legal services to CO$. Whether or not attorneys so designated
also happen to be members of the Church of Scientology is irrelevant for this
purpose.

The note "NEEDS CO$ VERIFICATION" designates attorneys who have been reported
as
working for CO$ but have not been confirmed as such.

For future editions of this list, DPI wishes to include information from each
attorney's state bar and court records, including his/her disciplinary record
and/or complaints filed against him/her. So anyone who has this information or
access to it, please forward it to us ASAP.

The following information is a public service provided in the public interest.
This information may be downloaded, copied, re-posted, printed, or distributed
freely but unaltered and intact.

-----------(Start of Church of Scientology Shyster List)---------------

USA:

ABELSON, ELLIOT J. -- (8491 W Sunset Blvd #1100, Los Angeles, CA 90069 / phone:
213-960-1935 / fax: 213-650-0464 / State Bar of California, member no. 43186)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

BARTILSON, LAURIE J. -- (Moxon & Bartilson, 550 North Brand Boulevard, Suite
700
Glendale, CA 91203/ State Bar of California)

BAUM, MICHAEL L. -- (12100 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 950, LA, CA 90025 / phone (800)
827-0087 fax (310) 820-7444 / State Bar of California) (Sources' notes: "In
1996 he was a partner in the law firm of Kananack, Murgatroyd, Baum & Hedlund."
"He is a former GO operative. Neal Sobol, another GO staff, also used to work
at
the same firm. Ref: Who? What? Where? The Directory and my knowledge of these
two guys.")
-- CONFIRMED CO$

BISCEGLIE, ANTHONY P. -- (Bisceglie & Walsh, Washington, DC / District of
Columbia Bar) ("Bisceglie is a partner in Bisceglie & Walsh, a three-person
firm. He is a specialist on the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt
Organizations law. Bisceglie and his partner, William C. Walsh, have
represented the Church of Scientology on a number of matters over the years,
such as Freedom of Information Act lawsuits against the Internal Revenue
Service." Washington Post, 4/8/96)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Brennan, Robert F. -- (6255 Sunset Blvd. Suite 2000, Hollywood, CA 90028 /
phone
(213) 463-2547 / fax (213) 463-5527 / State Bar of California?) -- NEED CO$
VERIFICATION

COALE, JOHN P. -- (location 1: Coale Cooley Lietz McInerny & Broadus, suite
857,
818 Connecticut Ave, Washington DC 20006 / phone: (202) 887-4770 / fax: (202)
686-9739 (202) 887-4778 / e-mail: jco...@sprynet.com / no ABA or state bar info
available) (location 2: Coale & Van Susteren, # 7, Windward Island,
Clearwater,
FL 34630-2322 / phone: 813-446-4724 / fax: 813-442-2678 / no ABA or state bar
info available)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

COOLEY, EARLE -- ( Cooley, Manion, Moore & Jones, LLP, 21 Custom House Street,
Boston MA 02110 / phone: 617-737-3100 / e-mail: eco...@cmmj.com/ State Bar of
Massachusetts) (participated in lerma RAID & rtc vs lerma)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

CROWDER, DOUGLAS A. -- (Johnson & Associates, 350 South Figueroa Street, Ste
190, LA, CA 90071 / phone (213) 621-2115 / State Bar of California?) (Business,
corporate, real estate, international trademarks. Commercial litigation,
bankruptcy and creditor/debtor relations.)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

EMORY, MEAD -- (Lane, Powell, Spears, Lubersky LLP, Suite 4100, 1420 Fifth
Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101-2333 / phones: (800) 426-5801, (206) 223-7000 /
faxes: (206) 223-7010, 7107, 7276 / telex: 32-8808) ( Source's notes: "Areas Of
Practice: Controversies / Past Positions: Joint Committee on Taxation, United
States Congress, Legislation Attorney, 1970 - 1972; Assistant Commissioner of
IRS 1975 - 1977; Professor of Law, University of Iowa, 1965 - 1970; Visiting
Professor of Law, Duke University, Spring, 1991 - 1992; Visiting Professor,
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, Spring, 1993; Visiting Professor,
Georgetown University, Fall, 1994")
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Fisher, James Q. -- (1801 Century Park East, Ste 2400, Los Angeles, CA 90067 /
phone (310) 556-3300 fax (310) 556-2424. Previous address 2049 Century Park
East, Ste 4010, LA, CA 90067 / State Bar of California?) (One-time partner of
Joel Kreiner) -- Need CO$ Confirmation

Flate, Ronald Allen -- 9300 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 /
phone (213) 933-7141 and (213) 278-0100 / State Bar of California?) (Former
IRS Attorney. Practices real estate, business & corporate law, franchising law,
tax & estate planning, auto accident/personal injury/product liability, family
law and litigation.) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

Goldner, Eric D. -- (11400 West Olympic Blvd., Second Floor, LA, CA 90064 /
phone (310) 914-0109 fax (310) 390-4841 / State Bar of California?) (Family
law, adoptions, divorces, custody, visitation, child and spousal support,
community and separate property, annulments, conservatorships and
guardianships.) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

HART, WILLIAM M. -- (Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, 399 Park Avenue,
New York NY 10022-4697 / phone: 212-318-6000 / e-mail: WMH...@PHJW.com / New
York State Bar Association)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

HAYES, STEVEN L. -- (Bowles & Hayes, 1015 Oneonta Dr., Los Angeles, CA
90065-4255 / phone: (213) 255-8878 / fax: (2130 662-6419, (818) 546-5047/ State
Bar of California) (Bought Cult Awareness Network)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Hedlund, Paul -- (Formerly, in 1996, of Kananack, Murgatroyd, Baum & Hedlund.
See Murgatroyd, George for address.) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

HERTZBERG, MICHAEL LEE -- (740 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY / New York
State Bar Association)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

HIRSCHKOP, PHILIP J. -- (Hirschkop & Associates, 108 North Columbus Street,
P.O. Box 1417-A49, Alexandria VA 22313 / phone: 703-836-6595 / District of
Columbia Bar; Virginia State Bar, New York State Bar Association, ABA)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Hogan, Thomas R. -- (60 South Market Street, Suite 1125 San Jose, CA
95113-2332, 408-292-7600, California State Bar, member no. 042048) (Source's
notes: Tom is not a scientologist, is believed to privately hold them in
contempt. But the money, the *money*!)
-- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

Karp, Lawrence J. -- (1700 California Street, Ste 370, SF, CA 94109 and 445
South Figueroa Street, Ste 2600, LA, CA 90071 / phone (213) 612-7778 (LA) and
(415) 567-0211 (SF) / State Bar of California) (Personal injury, business and
family law.) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

KOBRIN, HELENA KEMPNER -- (Moxon and Kobrin, Attorneys at Law, 6255 Sunset
Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028-6329 / phone: 213-993-4435 / e-mail: h...@netcom.com,
hkko...@aol.com / State Bar of California, membership no. 152546)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

KREINER, JOEL -- (Source's notes: "At one time he was Deputy Guardian Legal for
the US Guardian Office. The last I knew he lived in the LA area. Joel was
involved in the Allard case. Also, he was involved in the FCDC E-Meter case and
an IRS tax case. James Q. Fisher was his partner at one time. I believe Neal
Hamel and Vaughn Young would probably remember Joel. Both Joel Kreiner and
James
Fisher are "OTs". Kreiner's old address (in 1977) was 6255 Sunset Blvd, Suite
2000. Now Moxon's office is at 6255 Sunset Blvd.")
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Lenske, Sherman D. -- (Lenske, Lenske & Abramson ALC, Suite 315, Warner Atrium,
6400 Canoga Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91367-2425 / phone: (818) 716-1444, (818)
883-2920 / fax: (818) 883-9260 / e-mail: sle...@aol.com / State Bar of
California)
-- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

LIEBERMAN, ERIC -- (Rabinowitz, Boudin, Standard, Krinsky & Lieberman, P.C.,
740
Broadway at Astor Place, 5th Floor, New York NY 10003-9518 / Tel: (212)
254-1111
/ Fax: (212) 674-4614 / New York State Bar Association)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

LUBELL, JONATHAN -- (Morrison Cohen Singer and Weinstein, 9th Floor, 750
Lexington Avenue, NY, NY, 10022-1200, phone: 212-735-8600 / fax: 212-735-8708,
421-2131 / e-mail: jlu...@mcsw.com / New York State Bar Association) (lost
TIME
magazine case)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

LUPO, RAPHAEL V. --(McDermott, Will & Emery, 600 Thirteenth Street, N.W.,
Suite 1200
Washington DC 20005-3096 / phone: 202-756-8000 / e-mail: rl...@mwe.com /
District
of Columbia Bar; Virginia State Bar; ABA) (participated in lerma RAID)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

McNally, Gerald -- (803 East Broadway, Ste F, Glendale, CA 91205 / phone (818)
241-9188 / State Bar of California) (Income tax [corporate, personal],
partnership), tax planning, tax court & litigation, real estate,
incorporations,
contracts and wills.) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

Moss, Donald D. -- (Sobol, Raldiris & Moss, 520 East Broadway, Ste 201,
Glendale, CA 91205 / phone (818) 547-6650) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

MOXON, KENDRICK L. -- (Moxon and Kobrin, Attorneys at Law, 6255 Sunset Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90028-6329 / phone: 213-993-4435 / State Bar of California)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Nussbaum, Michael -- (Ropes & Gray, One Franklin Square, Suite 800 East, 1301 K
Street NW, Washington, DC 20005-3317 / phone: (202) 626-3900 / fax: (202)
626-3961 / District of Columbia Bar)
-- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

PAQUETTE, AVA M. -- (Moxon and Kobrin, Attorneys at Law, 6255 Sunset Blvd., Los
Angeles, CA 90028-6329 / phone: 213-993-4435 / State Bar of California)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Raldiris, Hiram Anthony -- (Sobol, Raldiris & Moss, 520 East Broadway, Ste 201,
Glendale, CA 91205 / phone (818) 547-6650) (Ventura office: 79 Daily Drive, Ste
249, Camarillo, CA 93010 / phone (800) 640-9188) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

Shorter, Jr., John -- (Law Firm, Location, Bar Membership) -- NEED CO$
VERIFICATION

SINCLAIR, J. FREDERICK -- (100 North Pitt Street, Suite 200, Alexandria VA
22314 / phone: 703-299-0600 / Virginia State Bar, District of Columbia Bar,
ABA)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

SMALL, THOMAS M. -- (Small Larkin & Kidde, 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite
1800,
Los Angeles CA 90024-3945 / phone: (310) 209-4400 / fax: (310) 209-4450 /
e-mail: t...@slklaw.com, s...@slklaw.com / State Bar of California)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Sobol, Neal H. -- (Sobol, Raldiris & Moss, 520 East Broadway, Glendale, CA
91205
/ phone (818) 547-6650 / fax (818) 547-0274) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

SPRING, THOMAS C. -- (1850 Kalorama Rd., N.W., Washington, DC / District of
Columbia Bar)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Stroh, Duane C. -- (111 East Broadway, Suite 210, Glendale, CA 91205 / phone
(818) 502-1912) (Personal injury, adoptions, bankruptcy, incorporation and
legal problem solving)
-- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

WALSH, WILLIAM C. -- (Bisceglie & Walsh, Washington, DC / District of Columbia
Bar)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Wiener, Robert -- (Need Law Firm, Location, Bar Membership) -- NEED CO$
VERIFICATION

WILSON, ANDREW H. -- (Wilson Campilongo, L.L.P., 115 Sansome Street, Suite 400,
San Francisco CA 94104 / phone: 415-391-3900 / State Bar of California)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

YINGLING, MONIQUE -- (Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P, 888 Seventeenth
Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20006-3939 / Tel: 202-298-8660 / District of Columbia Bar; State
Bar of California)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

------------

CANADA:

SINNOTT, TIMOTHY J. -- (Bereskin & Parr, Box 401, 40 King Street West, Toronto
ON M5H 3Y2, Canada / phone: 416-364-7311 / Canadian Bar Association, Law
Society
of Upper Canada)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

--------------

GERMANY:

Boehmert and Boehmert (NEED Location in Germany, professional association
memberships)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

Wilhelm Bl mel - (Rechtsanw lte Wilhelm Bl mel, Detlef Reichert, Kurt Henning
und Stefan Bergsteiner, Bayerstra e 13, 80335 M nchen) (Source's note: "This is
the Nr. ONE of the scientology attorneys. He is probably not a clam himself.")
-- CONFIRMED CO$

(c) 1998 Disturber of the Peace (DOTP)

--------(end of Church of Scientology Shyster List)-------------

EDITOR'S NOTE: Per his request, the following attorney has been removed from
the Church of Scientology Shyster List.

Murgatroyd, George W. ("Skip") -- (address 1: Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford
&
Downey, P.C., Suite 950, 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025-7114 /
phone: 310-207-3233 / fax: 310-820-7444 / address 2: 6956 Dume Drive / Malibu,
CA 90265 / phone: 310-457-5035 / State Bar of California, Member no. 109761)

As of March of 1998, Mr. George W. Murgatroyd''s position is that he does not
now work nor has ever worked for the Church of Scientology or any of its
affiliate organizations. Indeed, in reply to this list's previous
publisher/editor's initial request for confirmation or denial, Mr. Murgatroyd
responded with a blanket denial. His answer was accepted on face value and he
was immediately informed by that publisher/editor that his name would deleted,
which it was done immediately on the next Update of the above list.

After his name was removed, at least four ARS posters provided convincing
circumstantial evidence that Mr. Murgatroyd is a member or "patron" of the
Church of Scientology who had litigated a lawsuit against Eli Lilly and Company
on behalf of an alleged victim of the drug Prozac produced by that company (Mr.
Murgatroyd lost) and at least indirectly on behalf of or in cooperation with
the
Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), a public interest group established
in 1969 by the Church of Scientology. The full texts of these e-mails were
e-mailed TWICE by the previous publisher/editor to Mr. Murgatroyd. The first of
these messages went unanswered. The second of these e-mails included a demand
for more accurate information or a clarification or rebuttal of the
contra-indicating information provided to him.

Mr. Murgatroyd responded by faxing a threatening letter to the previous
publisher/editor's employer and business associate, through whose ISP and
without whose knowledge or permission he had e-mailed his inquiries and demand
for accurate information.

Further investigation of Mr. Murgatroyd's past and present litigation history
is
in our view required before he can be included in the above list. Until then
he
can only be included in this EDITOR"S NOTE. Therefore, any additional
information about this attorney, his career history, his case history, and/or
his disciplinary record would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

The Curmudgeon (dpins...@newsguy.com)

(c) 1999, Disturber of the Peace Institute

---

From: Warrior <war...@entheta.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: The Church of Scientology SHYSTER LIST
Date: 8 Jun 1999 17:44:32 -0700

In article <7jk4ru$2v...@edrn.newsguy.com>, Curmudgeon says...

>In honor of Scientology forcing AT&T to out Safe, apparently for "Fair Game"
>purposes, Disturber of the Peace Institute is proud and happy to present
>another, and long overdue, post of ....
>
>THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY SHYSTER LIST (Update No. 9)

[huge snip]

>EDITOR'S NOTE: Per his request, the following attorney has been removed from
>the Church of Scientology Shyster List.
>
>Murgatroyd, George W. ("Skip") - (address 1: Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford &
>Downey, P.C., Suite 950, 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025-7114 /
>phone: 310-207-3233 / fax: 310-820-7444 / address 2: 6956 Dume Drive / Malibu,
>CA 90265 / phone: 310-457-5035 / State Bar of California, Member no. 109761)
>
>As of March of 1998, Mr. George W. Murgatroyd''s position is that he does not
>now work nor has ever worked for the Church of Scientology or any of its
>affiliate organizations. Indeed, in reply to this list's previous
>publisher/editor's initial request for confirmation or denial, Mr. Murgatroyd
>responded with a blanket denial. His answer was accepted on face value and he
>was immediately informed by that publisher/editor that his name would deleted,
>which it was done immediately on the next Update of the above list.
>
>After his name was removed, at least four ARS posters provided convincing cir-
>cumstantial evidence that Mr. Murgatroyd is a member or "patron" of the Church
>of Scientology who had litigated a lawsuit against Eli Lilly and Company on be-
>half of an alleged victim of the drug Prozac produced by that company (Mr. Mur-
>gatroyd lost) and at least indirectly on behalf of or in cooperation with the
>Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), a public interest group established
>in 1969 by the Church of Scientology. The full texts of these e-mails were
>e-mailed TWICE by the previous publisher/editor to Mr. Murgatroyd. The first of
>these messages went unanswered. The second of these e-mails included a demand
>for more accurate information or a clarification or rebuttal of the
>contra-indicating information provided to him.
>
>Mr. Murgatroyd responded by faxing a threatening letter to the previous
>publisher/editor's employer and business associate, through whose ISP and
>without whose knowledge or permission he had e-mailed his inquiries and demand
>for accurate information.
>
>Further investigation of Mr. Murgatroyd's past and present litigation history
>is in our view required before he can be included in the above list. Until
>then he can only be included in this EDITOR"S NOTE. Therefore, any additional
>information about this attorney, his career history, his case history, and/or
>his disciplinary record would be very much appreciated.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>The Curmudgeon (dpins...@newsguy.com)
>
>(c) 1999, Disturber of the Peace Institute

[posted/mailed]

I can send you three different pictures of George W. ("Skip") Murgatroyd III if
you wish!

One is a picture of him seated next to one-time partners and/or associates
John P. Coale, Michael J. Kananack, Charles J. ("Chuck") Judge, Eric D.
Goldner, Michael L. Baum and Neal H. Sobol. All of these individuals are
Scientologists. Include the code number 705881088.156 in your request
for this picture.

Another picture is of him in the presence of Neal H. Sobol, Michael L. Baum,
Michael J. Kananack and Charles J. Judge. If interested in obtaining
this picture, ask for code number 311870488.132

Another picture is of him in the company of Kananack, Baum and Robert
M. Klein. If requesting this picture, specify code number 405861086.166.

If you are intersted, contact me privately to let me know the email
address where you'd like the picture(s) sent.

Unless they renounced/departed/blew/etc Scientology recently (in which
case I'd like to see such a statement), all of the above-named individuals
are Scientologists.

Warrior
See http://www.entheta.net/entheta/1stpersn/warrior/

---

From: Curmudgeon <DPIns...@newsguy.com>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: UPDATE 10: Church of Scientology Shyster List
Date: 11 Jun 1999 11:08:24 -0700

In honor of Scientology forcing AT&T to out Safe, apparently for "Fair Game"
purposes, Disturber of the Peace Institute is proud and happy to present
another, and long overdue, post of....

THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY SHYSTER LIST (Update No. 10)

[...]

Joel Kreiner) (Named in 1973 case against CO$ by the IRS; at that time was
member of the law firm of Karno, Rudnick & Fisher)
-- CONFIRMED CO$

[...]

Hedlund, Paul -- (Formerly, in 1996, of Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford &
Downey, P.C., Suite 950, 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025-7114 /
phone: 310-207-3233 / fax: 310-820-7444) -- NEED CO$ VERIFICATION

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Apologies to OCI, Keith Wyatt, etc. from John E
Date: 1 Mar 1998 04:26:39 GMT

Just a little footnote to the apology I posted:

Mr. Wyatt negelected to inform OCI that my e-mail to him on January 22, 1998
was in response to his unsolicited crank e-mail to me at my OCI (i.e., office!)
e-mail address on January 21, 1998.

Mr. Wyatt had apparently taken umbrage to an article I posted to a public board
a few days before suggesting that anti-Scientology critics and/or the FreeZone
try to engage the legal services of the Rutherford Institute.

Prior to January 21, I have never heard of Mr. Wyatt and I never e-mailed him
again after January 22. I even left unanswered another unsolicited crank
e-mail he sent to me in early February asking me if I had "been using Arnie
Lerma's toothbrush" --a not-too-subtle reference to the mysterious appearance
of LSD on Arnie's electric toothbrush immediately after CO$ raided Arnie's
house in 1995.

<Keith's unsolicited crank e-mail sent to my office e-mail address January 21,
1998 to which I replied on January 22, 1998>

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Murgatroyd to be Deleted from "CO$ SHYSTER LIST"
Date: 1 Mar 1998 05:54:06 GMT

(posted to ARS via my HOME internet provider, AOL)

Because lawyer and (alleged) Church of Scientology member George W. Murgatroyd
has publicly insisted that he does not now and never has provided legal
services to the Church of Scientology or any of its affiliate organizations,
his name will be removed ASAP from my growing list of litigation attorneys who
work for the Church.

This is only fair if indeed Mr. Murgatroyd's assertion is true. Therefore,
until irrefutable evidence to the contrary is discovered and submitted it's
only right and proper to remove his name.

Besides, I have reason to believe that if his name remains on the list without
solid evidence that it belongs there, he may, in my opinion, and as he seems to
have implied, attempt to take legal action against the company through whose
ISP I had sent to him e-mail inquiries asking for clarification vis-a-vis his
denials.

As for the list itself, because my Windows 95 machine is away for repairs and
upgrades for an indeterminate amount of time, and because the CO$ SHYSTER LIST
file itself was not backed up from my PC's hard drive, I cannot modify it for
another week or two. (I'm currently using my trusty old Macintosh Quadra 660,
which would not be able to open the list even if I had access to it.)

Therefore, Mr. Murgatroyd will have to wait for his "request" to be granted.
This notice will have to suffice for now instead. But as of this moment, he can
have NO EXCUSE for bothering or threatening either myself or OCI with legal
action, or any other action.

Btw, after my PC comes back, I intend to rename the list "CO$ Lawyers List" per
Tilman Hauscherr's concern that "shyster" may be interpreted as "libelous" or
"defaming" (which, in the case of Scientology lawyers, I did not think was
possible).

But only if one's epistemology is hopelessly irrational. Hmmm . . . maybe
Tilman has a point there after all.

If Mr. Murgatroyd or any other CO$ attorney has any questions, he or she may
e-mail me at "sloop...@aol.com" but DO NOT attempt to send e-mails to me via
my former work e-mail address at OCI because I will not be able to receive
them.

John E

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Murgatroyd to be Deleted from "CO$ SHYSTER LIST"
Date: 1 Mar 1998 19:34:39 GMT

<posted through my private ISP account from my home computer>

I need to make a correction to the first sentence of this post:

". . . George W. Murgatroyd has publicly insisted . . ." should instead read "
. . . George W. Murgatroyd has PRIVATELY insisted . . ."

This was purely a Freudian slip on my part. (After all, unlike members of the
Church of Scientology I am neither omniscient nor infallible.)

To my knowledge Mr. Murgatroyd has never made any public statements vis-a-vis
any ties to the Church of Scientology or the lack thereof. This post will be my
last statement regarding Mr. Murgatroyd, unless new or unforeseen circumstances
dicate otherwise.

John M. Esparolini

---

From: mir...@newsguy.com (Deana Holmes)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd III--additional information (revised)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 18:53:55 GMT

Oops. I sent this too quickly...here's an updated one:

Gee, this guy is involved with Digital Lightwave, a known
Scientology-run organization. And he claims not to have any Scn
associations? Riiiight.

>From the DIGL board on www.yahoo.com we get this:

Next up, we have George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd III. As a result of
Skip's prolonged batting slump, he has recently been benched.
Nevertheless, Skip scored 17,001 (10th) shares of DIGL prior to the
IPO. He dumped all of these at the IPO, so his involvement was over
before the class-action periods of current shareholder suits. Is his
DIGL investment therefore unrelated? Well if nothing else, info on the
original investors should give folks some insight into the current
situation, kinda like getting at the "root" of the problem. Decide for
yourself if it's relevant.

Prior to Murgatroyd's removal from DIGL's first team, there was alotta
line-up juggling in an apparent effort to see where Skip could be an
effective hitter. Most recently, he appears to be pinch-hitting for
Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford & Downey. Despite a reported $40,000
contribution to the IAS, he has apparently been unable to recover
after his firm (Kananack, Murgatroyd, Baum & Hedlund) filed 13
lawsuits against Eli Lilley & Co. on behalf of The Citizens Commission
on Human Rights (CCHR), and lost.

Evidently, Skip et al did not postulate victory properly. (CCHR was
established by the Church of Scientology in 1969.)
Adding to his woes, the Indiana Supreme Court disciplinary commission
is seeking to discipline Murgatroyd for so-called "ambulance
chasing". Despite Skip's protests, he has the dubious distinction of
being included on the a.r.s. Co$ Shyster List.

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=m&board=yahoo.2e.0f.4686736&topicid=0m2&msgid=6dp4r4$eh9$1...@m2.yahoo.com

Anyway, just thought some of your would like to know.

Deana

mir...@xmission.com ==================== Our unanimous affirmance of the
Court of
Appeals' judgment concerning 16-1-20.2 makes it unnecessary to comment at
length
on the District Court's remarkable conclusion that the Federal Constitution
imposes
no obstacle to Alabama's establishment of a state
religion.========================
Brennan, J., in Wallace V. Jaffree, 472 U.S. 38 (1985)

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 22:45:29 GMT

>Gee, this guy is involved with Digital Lightwave, a known
>Scientology-run organization. And he claims not to have any Scn
>associations? Riiiight.

No, he claimed not to have had CCHR or scientology as a client. This is
technically true, but he is in bed with both nevertheless.

>Next up, we have George W. "Skip" Murgatroyd III. As a result of
>Skip's prolonged batting slump, he has recently been benched.

What does mean "prolonged batting slump" and "benched"?

>Nevertheless, Skip scored 17,001 (10th) shares of DIGL prior to the
>IPO. He dumped all of these at the IPO, so his involvement was over
>before the class-action periods of current shareholder suits. Is his
>DIGL investment therefore unrelated? Well if nothing else, info on the
>original investors should give folks some insight into the current
>situation, kinda like getting at the "root" of the problem. Decide for
>yourself if it's relevant.

Several people at his lawfirm were / are DIGL investors.

>Prior to Murgatroyd's removal from DIGL's first team, there was alotta
>line-up juggling in an apparent effort to see where Skip could be an
>effective hitter. Most recently, he appears to be pinch-hitting for
>Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford & Downey. Despite a reported $40,000
>contribution to the IAS, he has apparently been unable to recover
>after his firm (Kananack, Murgatroyd, Baum & Hedlund) filed 13
>lawsuits against Eli Lilley & Co. on behalf of The Citizens Commission
>on Human Rights (CCHR), and lost.

Something is indeed going down. He is no longer a "name" in the lawfirm,
he does not even appear at their website. In the WEST directory, he is
listed as an ordinary guy. (Compare this with Graham Berry, who was
"partner" at his previous lawfirm)

>Evidently, Skip et al did not postulate victory properly. (CCHR was
>established by the Church of Scientology in 1969.)
>Adding to his woes, the Indiana Supreme Court disciplinary commission
>is seeking to discipline Murgatroyd for so-called "ambulance
>chasing". Despite Skip's protests, he has the dubious distinction of
>being included on the a.r.s. Co$ Shyster List.

Another ars lurker :-)

I would love to see how the indiana case is going, as I was the one who
posted the article on ars. Maybe SLOOPJOHNE could ask him?

Tilman

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: CO$ SHYSTER LIST (Update 1)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:10:01 GMT

In <19980210222...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, jim...@aol.com
(JimDBB) wrote:

>John Coale is MR. 'Greta' Van Susteren.

I know. I have a web page that has them both united:

http://www.snafu.de/~tilman/prolinks/greta.html

>Would you please give some info on these mentioned CCHR lawsuits?

Coale and Murgatroyd3 litigated RITALIN and PROZAC related lawsuits.
Coale left the lawfirm, and ambulance chaser (yes!) Murgatroyd is on his
way down - the lawfirm does not have his name any longer today.
http://www.bhagd.com/attorneys/. Together with two co-lawyers they are
also shareholders of Digital Lightwave.

Lawsuits Over Ritalin Spread to Massachusetts

The National Law Journal

March 28, 1988

BY ANDREW BLUM, National Law Journal Staff Reporter

THE LEGAL challenge to a drug widely used in hyperactivity treatment
has spread to Massachusetts, where attorneys for five children have sued
doctors for medical malpractice. In announcing the lawsuits, the
lawyers gave notice that fights loom in more states.

The most recent suits over Ritalin follow four others around the
country -- including a class action in Atlanta naming educators and the
American Psychiatric Association for their roles in the treatment.
(NLJ, 11-23-87.)

"My focus now is on the physicians -- strictly medical malpractice,"
said Lawrence E. Lafferty of Boston's Law Offices of Robert T. Karns
Inc., who filed suit. "They are the ones prescribing it."

Before Ritalin litigation started last fall, it was used without
challenge and was defended by doctors, its manufacturer and federal
officials. Among its critics is the Citizens Commission for Human
Rights (CCHR), formed by the Church of Scientology.

Ritalin also arose as an issue in a recently concluded murder trial
of a 15-year-old Boston area boy, whose defense partly turned on his use
of the drug. Rodney Matthews, who was charged with bludgeoning a
classmate, had used Ritalin since the third grade, said his attorney,
John P. White Jr. Commonwealth v. Matthews, 85239 (Super. Ct., Norfolk
Cty.)

"We had a diagnosis of longstanding severe mental illness," explained
Mr. White of Boston's White, Inker, Aronson, P.C. "Our experts stated
Ritalin was not the cause of his conduct, but it exacerbated his mental
illness."

Mr. White said he would appeal the second-degree murder conviction
and mandatory life sentence because the boy was wrongly tried as an
adult. Asked whether the family might consider legal action over
Ritalin, Mr. White said they "have declined."

Suits Question Diagnosis

The new suits, filed in three counties, touch upon diagnoses of
hyperactivity and injuries allegedly caused by Ritalin. Blake v.
Portnoy, 0398 (Super. Ct., Bristol Cty.); Moynihan v. Robbins, 592
(Super Ct., Essex Cty.); Scully v. Elliott, 0448 (Super. Ct., Plymouth
Cty.); Direnzo v. Asiaf, 0447 (Super. Ct., Plymouth Cty.); and Marshall
v. Maltz, 0446 (Super. Ct., Plymouth Cty.)

The CCHR, which Mr. Lafferty said is "completely independent" of his
office, said Ritalin withdrawal can lead to depression and suicidal
tendencies. But "I am alleging that type of injury in my complaints,"
Mr. Lafferty noted.

The doctors named were unavailable for comment but referred calls to
the Joint Underwriting Association in Boston, which handles doctors'
claims. A spokesman there declined comment.

But Mr. Lafferty said he is prepared if the doctors defend the use of
Ritalin. He said he would challenge the diagnoses of hyperactivity and
question why the doctors did not use "different kinds of tests" or
consider other treatments, such as counseling.

Mr. Lafferty said he is investigating about 200 more possible cases
that could be filed in Rhode Island, Florida, Arizona, North Dakota and
Washington state. "We had no idea when we began investigating just how
pervasive the problems associated with the use of this drug were," he
said.

About 1 million to 4 million children have been prescribed Ritalin,
according to Mr. Lafferty.

Elsewhere on the Ritalin front, John P. Coale of Washington, D.C.'s
Coale, Kananack & Murgatroyd, P.C. is holding discussions with Baltimore
County, Md., schools to avoid a suit over educators' alleged role in
proposing treatment for possibly hyperactive children.

The school district's attorney, Thomas K. Farley, said the district's
position is that employees shouldn't be involved in drug prescription
decisions.

"That's the way we want to keep it," said Mr. Farley of the county
attorney's office. He said Mr. Coale will be getting back to him with
further suggestions for a memo that would "make clear in no uncertain
terms" the role of schools.

In Atlanta, Mr. Coale has dropped the federal class action against
educators and the American Psychiatric Association but will file an
action in state court.

Said Mr. Coale, who is working pro bono: "I would have been on
[Ritalin when I was young] I was a pretty wild guy."

'R' Is for Ritalin

AP 4.4.1988

Doubts about Ritalin, a drug used to help hyperactive children concentrate,
have drawn the attention of lawyers and reporters and prompted some parents to
halt treatment. But The Associated Press has found the firestorm is being
fanned
by a group with ties to the Church of Scientology and a history of opposition
to psychiatry. In the first story of a three-day series, 'R' Is for Ritalin,
the AP examines the group's role in the Ritalin furor.

___

By FRED BAYLES and SCOTT McCARTNEY, Associated Press Writers

LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Twelve-page pink pamphlets are being handed out on street
corners across the country, sounding frightening alarms in bold-face type about
Ritalin, a prescription drug used for three decades to calm hyperactive
children.

WARNING: Ritalin can lead to suicide.

WARNING: Ritalin can be addictive.

WARNING: Ritalin overdose can cause death.

In newspaper stories, on talk shows, at medical conventions, news
conferences
and neighborhood meetings, the group behind the pamphlets makes other claims _
that Ritalin is as dangerous as cocaine, causes delinquency and crime, is given
to 80 percent of children in some Maryland schools, even that psychiatrists
advocate putting it in school drinking water supplies.

Researchers and government regulators looking into the legitimate worries
about misuse or over-prescription of Ritalin ridicule these "facts" as
distortions and exaggerations of their work. Because the claims are constantly
recycled without qualification or context, they say, parents are panicking
unnecessarily.

"Ritalin is a safe, effective drug. I don't know of any major problems with
it," said Dr. Paul Leber, director of neuropharmacological products at the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration.

The anti-Ritalin campaign is run from a sparsely furnished second-story
office here decorated with pictures of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of
Scientology, and staffed by people wearing "Psychiatry Kills" sweatshirts.

It is the headquarters of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights, a
19-year-old organization sponsored by the Scientologists, the contentious
religious group based just down the street.

The campaign, complete with toll-free hotline, has made CCHR's president,
Dennis Clarke, a 41-year-old member of the Scientology church, perhaps the
most quoted Ritalin expert in the country.

It has taken the group coast to coast whenever a Ritalin case catches public
attention, be it a trial in Massachusetts, conferences in Minnesota and Texas,
or the filing of at least 13 lawsuits.

"Ritalin acts as a chemical straitjacket," Clarke said in an interview with
The Associated Press, repeating an oft-quoted claim. "We are not dealing with a
lightweight drug, but parents are told it's like vitamins."

What is not always clear in CCHR-supplied information is the group's ties to
the Scientologists and that church's predisposition against the mental health
profession. Since its inception in 1969, CCHR has attacked psychiatry,
centering
on treatments such as electric shock and drugs.

Its latest goal, Clarke said, is to use lawsuits to bring about a ban on
Ritalin, which he calls "one of the most dangerous and addictive substances
known to man."

This fervor, medical experts say, is slanting the debate on Ritalin use.

"It's been wild, absolutely wild, really bizarre," said Dr. Jerry Wiener,
president of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
"Something
calls itself the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and all of a sudden it
gets
a lot of credibility, and they're being quoted without any kind of
substantiation."

Ritalin has enjoyed success in treating children with a condition now widely
known as attention deficit disorder. It reacts chemically to help calm their
fidgeting, ease their impulsive, sometimes destructive behavior, and focus
their
attention so they do better in school.

Yet no one denies that Ritalin, a drug classified with amphetamines, must be
used carefully. Although its acknowledged side effects are mostly mild and
passing, doctors say children taking the drug must be closely monitored and
counseled. And some share worries with CCHR that Ritalin is being improperly
urged on parents by teachers and schools.

Its sharply increased use is indicated by the number of prescriptions
filled,
which rose 14 percent from 1983 to 1986; prescriptions for most drugs increase
about 1 percent a year, according to federal statistics.

"I have a concern about overuse and abuse where the drug is used alone,"
Wiener said. "When any drug begins to be known as effective, you have to be
careful about overuse _ like Valium and Librium."

In the rush to reexamine Ritalin's role, much press attention has focused on
the lawsuits filed on behalf of distressed parents.

But most stories fail to note that of the 13 suits in California, Minnesota,
Massachusetts, Georgia and the District of Columbia, one is being handled by
CCHR's counsel and the others were filed by two lawyers who get Ritalin data _
and sometimes clients _ through CCHR.

"They are very efficient and a wealth of information," said one of those
lawyers, John Coale, who has represented victims of the Bhopal, India, cyanide
gas disaster and the DuPont Plaza Hotel fire in Puerto Rico.

Some of the suits accuse not only pediatricians or psychiatrists of
wrongdoing, but also teachers and school districts involved in children's
treatment.

"The only thing that will turn this around is the same thing that turned
around exploding Pintos and Thalidomide _ and that's major, major
multi-million-dollar lawsuits," Clarke said. "Unfortunately, that means suing
schools as well as psychiatrists."

At the heart of the Ritalin dispute are the claims and data used by CCHR.
Among its questioned statements:

_ Clarke often says 4 million American children are taking Ritalin, four
times as many as estimated by the most liberal researchers. When asked for his
source, Clarke cited a specific newspaper story. When it was pointed out that
the article makes no mention of 4 million children, Clarke replied, "I don't
know how many. I just know it's too many."

_ Clarke frequently asserts that 80 percent of the students in a Maryland
school system are taking Ritalin. Asked to identify the system, he amended his
assertion to just one school and said the information came from an attorney who
handles Ritalin suits. Asked about the attorney's sources, Clarke cited an
unidentified parent told by an unidentified neurologist.

Clarke said he repeats the 80 percent figure because he believes it's true.
"There's enough of it there (in Maryland) to have them all on it," he said.

_ Clarke says Ritalin may have caused a 600-percent increase in child
suicide
over five years. He cites medical manual warnings that suicide is a
complication
of withdrawal from drugs such as Ritalin. But doctors say the danger is minimal
when the drug is used properly.

"I have children who go off of it every weekend," said Dr. Ralph S. Smith
Jr., a Charleston, W.Va., child psychiatrist. "I have children who go off every
summer because they only need it during school." Nevertheless, Smith said,
three
of his ADD patients stopped taking Ritalin after their parents read an article
highlighting CCHR claims.

_ CCHR refers to a California study which, Clarke asserts, shows children
treated with Ritalin commit more felonies later in life. The study's author,
Dr.
James Satterfield, says that is a complete misreading.

Satterfield, a psychiatrist and director of the National Center for
Hyperactive Children in Encino, Calif., and his wife, psychologist Breena
Satterfield, studied 130 hyperactive boys, all of whom received Ritalin and 50
of whom also received therapy and behavioral advice.

In general, hyperactive children exhibit higher than normal rates of
misbehavior and delinquency, but the boys who received therapy as well as
Ritalin had lower levels of delinquency.

"While it is true that Ritalin by itself has not been found to prevent
delinquency," Satterfield said, "it most certainly has never been found to
cause
delinquency."

___

Eds: This sty may be considered complete in one take. For those desiring
more
detail, a second take follows.

In a report to Congress last year, agencies including the National
Institutes
of Health, the Food and Drug Administration, the National Institute of Mental
Health and the Centers for Disease Control said "the side effects are minimal"
for children treated with Ritalin.

Ritalin's manufacturer, Ciba-Geigy Corp., is straightforward about the side
effects, which include nervousness, insomnia, rashes, anorexia, nausea,
headaches and weight loss. Some evidence suggests it can temporarily retard
growth.

Ciba-Geigy also cautions about its use by emotionally unstable patients and
the possibility of severe depression in unsupervised withdrawal from the drug.

Clarke complains these warnings don't reach parents and further asserts that
psychiatrists have used drugs to create a self-perpetuating industry. Those who
dispute him, he adds, are trying to protect their business.

"These are the baby-druggers," Clarke said. "I believe I'm pretty
conservative with my information. ... The whole thing does not exist because of
Scientology. The problem exists because children are being harmed."

Clarke defends his allegations, saying they are based on medical literature,
and contends doctors who prescribe Ritalin aren't acknowledging its dangers.

Psychiatrists, however, say CCHR attacks them because of their basic
philosophical difference with the Church of Scientology, which does not
recognize mental illness as a physiological problem.

Scientology, founded by science fiction writer Hubbard in 1954, is based
on
a theory called "Dianetics" which says physical and mental problems can be
solved by using an "E-meter," an electric device set up much like a lie
detector. Members are assigned exercises and counseling to eliminate negative
mental images and achieve a "clear state."

The church supports CCHR, Clarke said, because the group is "part of the
basic philosophy _ things having to do with the spiritual nature of man. You
don't deal with the spirit by lobotomizing someone or using electric shock.
It's
not only bad science, it's harmful for the being."

Clarke is a convincing speaker with a seemingly endless catalog of Ritalin
horror stories. He left a successful solar heating business in Hawaii in 1985
run CCHR, and travels constantly, using local issues as a platform for his
crusade.

Just before 15-year-old Rod Matthews, an emotionally troubled youth who used
Ritalin, was tried for the murder of classmate Shaun Ouillette, 14, in Canton,
Mass., Clarke appeared on local talk shows. After the trial, he held a news
conference to announce more lawsuits.

Last year, the local CCHR chapter staged a demonstration in Canton. The
victim's mother, Jeanne Quinn, said a couple holding a sign reading "Ritalin
Killed Shaun, Not Rod" came to her door, asked for her and offered pamphlets on
the dangers of Ritalin.

Matthews' defense included claims that Ritalin worsened his severe mental
problems. The jury found him sane and convicted him of second-degree murder. He
was sentenced to life in prison, eligible for parole after 15 years.

Ironically, the victim had taken Ritalin for four years, successfully
conquering his hyperactivity.

"They look for cases like this and grab onto it for their own purposes,"
Mrs.
Quinn said of CCHR. "I have little respect for any of their opinions. They take
small quotations and excerpts from medical books and give you their opinion.
Everything is out of context."

When the University of Minnesota held a conference on ADD last summer, CCHR
members staged rallies, hung signs on expressway overpasses, announced a
Ritalin
lawsuit and staged a rock concert for a "Drug Free America."

"The following week my practice received roughly 40 phone calls from parents
concerned about the medication," said Dr. Jeffrey Alexander, a pediatrician at
Minneapolis' Park Nicollet Medical Center who has about 200 patients on
Ritalin.
Three or four actually discontinued treatment, he said.

Experts like the Satterfields say that while they are concerned that Ritalin
needs to be used properly, they worry that because CCHR is trading on parents'
fears, children not getting treatment they need.

"It's unfortunate that these children become the victims of special interest
groups instead of being looked at for their individual requirements," said Mrs.
Satterfield. "Fear doesn't contribute to good treatment of children and good
medical practices."

___

NEXT _ Sometimes Misused, Ritalin Is Fixture in Schools

---

From: jespa...@oc-inc.com
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: correction to CO$ SHYSTER LIST
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:29:44 -0600

An attorney listed by me as working for CO$ was apparently misidentified as
such. Below is his response to my e-mail requesting confirmation of the info
on the list and my reply to him. My apologies to all concerned!

John M. Esparolini

------------------------------

At 05:13 PM 2/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>To Mr. George Murgatroyd
>
>Dear sir:
>
>As a free public service, on a regular basis I compile, update, and
publish on the Internet a list of attorneys employed or regularly hired or
retained by the Church of Scientology International and/or its affiliate
and/or associate organizations.

>Because your name was provided by one of my sources, I would appreciate it
if you would either confirm or deny this information. Also, if you
currently provide legal services to the Church of Scientology, please
explain the nature of those services --i.e., area of law and some sample
cases. The information currently on the list is as follows:

>MURGATROYD, GEORGE W. -- (address 1: Baum, Hedlund, Aristei, Guilford &
Downey, P.C., Suite 950, 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025-7114 /
phone: 310-207-3233 / fax: 310-820-7444 / address 2: 6956 Dume Drive /
Malibu, CA 90265 / phone: 310-457-5035 / State Bar of California, Member
no. 109761)
>-- CONFIRMED CO$ [i.e., currently verified as a Church of Scientology
attorney --JME]

>Until I hear from you I will assume that the above information is correct
and accurate and therefore will remain on the list until further notice.

--------------

>Dear John:

I do not know where you got your information, but I have never had the
opportunity to represent the Church of Scientology or any of its
affiliates. Accordingly, your information is incorrect.
George Murgatroyd

--------------

Thanks for your reply!

Apparently there's another George Murgatroyd who works in that capacity. My
apologies. I'll delete the info accordingly before publishing the next list.

If you happen to hear about the other George Murgatroyd, would you let me
know?

John E

---

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: correction to CO$ SHYSTER LIST
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:10:08 GMT

George 3:

> I do not know where you got your information, but I have never had the
>opportunity to represent the Church of Scientology or any of its
>affiliates. Accordingly, your information is incorrect.
> George Murgatroyd

It's a semi-lie. He worked with CCHR (PROZAC / RITALIN lawsuits) and he
is a scientologist. He may not have represented CCHR directly, but he is
their arm. And yes, it is the same one. (Btw, in 1991, the "firm" denied
working with CCHR!

PROZAC DROVE GIRL TO SUICIDE LAWSUIT CHARGES

PR NewsWire
3.2.1992

In DC021 moved Jan. 23, Prozac Drove Girl to Suicide Lawsuit Charges, we
are
advised by a representative of the organization that the contact should read
"Michael O'Brien of Citizens Commission on Human Rights, 213-467-4242," rather
than "of Church of Scientology, " as originally issued. The full corrected
text follows:

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 23 -- The Church of Scientology
issued the following:

An investigator for the California Bar Association today filed a
lawsuit against Prozac manufacturer Eli Lilly charging that the
highly controversial psychiatric drug caused his daughter to kill
herself.
According to the suite, which was filed on behalf Richard N.
Engstrum in U.S. District Court for the Central District of
California, 18-year-old Traci Ann Engstrum was driven intensely
suicidal by Prozac due to the chemical effects of the drug,
culminating in her taking her own life. Lilly knew or should have
known of the link between Prozac and suicide, the suit charges, and
yet failed to warn the drug's users that it could drive them
suicidally insane.
The lawsuit was filed by law firm of Kananack, Murgatroyd & Baum,
in Los Angeles, and the law office of Leonard L. Finz in New York.
The lawsuit alleges that the chemical structure of Prozac is
"substantially similar to the chemical structure of amphetamines."
Establishment of such a link would be devastating for Prozac, as
publications such as the psychiatrists' Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM III-R) have admitted that
amphetamines and amphetamine-type drugs can cause psychosis and can
drive persons to suicide. Lilly has consistently denied any
connection between Prozac and any other class of psychiatric drugs.
Prozac has been the subject of extensive controversy since
September 1989, when Prozac user Joseph Wesbecker murdered eight
people and wounded 12 others while on the drug.
Most recently, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR)
filed a complaint with the Government Ethics Office calling for an
investigation of the FDA's inaction with regard to Prozac. The
complaint charged that improper financial dealings with
antidepressant manufacturers totaling $1 million rendered an FDA
advisory committee panel, which met last September, incapable of
effectively evaluating the dangers of Prozac.
The Citizens Commission on Human Rights was established by the
Church of Scientology in 1969 to investigate and expose psychiatric
violations of human rights.
CONTACT: Michael O'Brien of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights,
213-673-4242

---

From: jespa...@oc-inc.com
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: George Murgatroyd back on SHYSTER LIST
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:14:23 -0600

Question: How do you know when a lawyer is lying?
Answer 1: His lips are moving.
Answer 2: He sends you an e-mail.

Yesterday I posted a premature correction of CO$ SHYSTER LIST / UPDATE 4 after
receiving a denial from George W. Murgatroyd that he works for CO$ or ever has
worked for CO$ or any of its affiliate organizations.

Apparently Mr. Murgatroyd was less than straight-forward, becuase I began to
be deluged with information to the contrary!

Typical clam mentality -- did he think we wouldn't dig up the truth?

The fool!

Below is the e-mail I sent him in response.

John M. Esparolini

-------------------

ATTN: Mr. George W. Murgatroyd
SUBJECT: Third Request for Information / Explanation

Mr. Murgatroyd:

In light of the information reproduced below which I received from a THIRD
source, unless and until you can give me a valid and convincing explanation of
your initial reply to me, the information I first submitted to you will be
added back to our current list of Scientologist litigation attorneys and/or
Church of Scientology-hired litigation attorneys.

Please understand that because we were completely open and honest with you
regarding our intentions and purposes for contacting you, we have a ZERO
TOLERANCE policy toward dishonesty and/or obfuscation.

Therefore, unless we hear from you within 24 hours, copies of all
correspondences, including the information below, will be forwarded to the
ethics and/or disciplinary review official(s) and/or panel(s) of your state
bar association along with a request for a copy of your disciplinary record,
pertinent information from which will be included in the next update of our
list.

John M. Esparolini
CAUSE
Citizens Against Unjust Suits and Enforcements
Washington, DC

cc: State Bar of California

----------------------

From: -------------------------
Date: 1998/02/23

George 3:

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Murgatroyd Sneezes at SHYSTER LIST (Bless You, Sir!)
Date: 26 Feb 1998 05:43:08 GMT

Well, never heard from Mr. Murgatroyd in response to my third and last
request/demand that he clarify some discrepancies between his denial of ever
having worked for CO$ and the info I got from 3 sources citing that he did.

However, my BOSS did hear from Mr. Murgatroyd "requesting" that I be told to
refrain from contacting him again AND that I take his name off the CO$ Shyster
List.

Therefore, I promise I (1) will never contact Mr. Murgatroyd again through my
employer's e-mail system and (2) will remove Mr. Murgatroyd's name from Update
7 of the CO$ Shyster List, which I will post ONLY through my HOME internet
service provider and NOT my employer's ISP.

Instead, I will --if I ever so desire-- restrict all my contact with him ONLY
through my HOME e-mail system and/or my HOME snail mail address.

And as for my promise to remove his name from Update 7, I will certainly do so!
That is, when I get around to doing Update 7. But I promise I'll do it,
George, and I will 'cause I'm a man of my word!

In the meantime, your current status is "NEED CO$ VERIFICATION."

Now is that a deal or what?????

respectfully,

Sloopjohne

cc: Graham E. Berry, esq. (gra...@aol.com)
--with whom I met over dinner in Washington, DC this evening, by the way

---

From: mir...@newsguy.com (Deana Holmes)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:15:12 GMT

On 26 Feb 1998 05:43:08 GMT, sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE) wrote:

>Well, never heard from Mr. Murgatroyd in response to my third and last
>request/demand that he clarify some discrepancies between his denial of ever
>having worked for CO$ and the info I got from 3 sources citing that he did.
>
>However, my BOSS did hear from Mr. Murgatroyd "requesting" that I be told to
>refrain from contacting him again AND that I take his name off the CO$ Shyster
>List.

Let me offer a suggestion.

Leave Mr. Murgatroyd on the list. And post the list *ONLY* through
your personal ISP. In fact, your Scn activity should only go through
your personal ISP, so as to keep down any work-related problems.

The evidence suggests that Mr. Murgatroyd has, shall we say, intimate
connections with organizations that are fronts for the CoS. You can
put "Denied by subject" and list your evidence after that, *but leave
the man on the list.*

Remember, truth is an absolute defence to libel, and if you list out
your evidence (i.e., that Mr. Murgatroyd has represented Scn front
groups in the past) then I don't see any problem.

As for Mr. Murgatroyd, you can run but you cannot hide. I suggest you
give up, because if you start harassing people over this, it will only
get spread further and further and further....

From: til...@berlin.snafu.de (Tilman Hausherr)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:17:09 GMT

In <34f575ab...@enews.newsguy.com>, mir...@newsguy.com (Deana
Holmes) wrote:

>Remember, truth is an absolute defence to libel, and if you list out
>your evidence (i.e., that Mr. Murgatroyd has represented Scn front
>groups in the past) then I don't see any problem.

He has not directly represented these groups (CCHR). But he has
cooperated with them.

What is really amazing is that he doesn't like to be associated with
scientology. Is he, a scientologist, thinking that scientology has a bad
reputation?

---

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: 27 Feb 1998 03:31:44 GMT

Good advice and very sound ideas, Deana! Thank you very much!

And my response to Mr. Murgatroyd's bullying:

Don't even THINK about hassling my FORMER boss again. I am an independent
contractor --my decision, not his. I will not be intimidated or repressed, and
I will NOT shut up and go away.

I have not yet BEGUN to fight.

Sucker!

Sloopjohne

---

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: OCI apologizes for employee conduct
Date: 28 Feb 1998 18:11:42 GMT

My apologies to OCI for my inappropriate reaction to an e-mail Keith Wyatt sent
to my OCI e-mail address on Wednesday, January 21, 1998 11:17 PM in response to
an article which I had posted to a public newsgroup bulletin board in
mid-January during my free time. I apologize also for using my OCI e-mail
address in my correspondences to Mr. George W. Murgatroyd, esq. or anyone else.
It was very bad judgment on my part and entirely my error. OCI had no
knowledge of or participation in my actions whatsoever.

I also apologize to OCI for using my work e-mail address for personal purposes.
Per OCI's demand and justified reprimand, I have assured OCI that I will
restrict any and all personal activities to my own personal ISP account with
America On-Line through my home computer.

John M. Esparolini

NOTE: This article was posted to a.r.s. through my America On-Line account. My
e-mail address is "sloop...@aol.com"

cc: OCI
John M. Esparolini

---

From: sloop...@aol.com (SLOOPJOHNE)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Sloopjohne Hears from Helena K again!
Date: 28 Feb 1998 23:41:17 GMT

I was forwarded this message from our favorite CO$ lawyer Helena Kobrin to me
via someone at my former employer's office, which apparently had been sent to
my old and now defunct work e-mail address. Perhaps she and Mr. Murgatroyd do
not know each other and thus she wasn't aware of his fax to my former boss
accusing me of all manner and kinds of perfidy, and the events which flowed
therefrom.

Nevertheless, her tone struck me as thoughtful and legitimately disconcerted,
so my first impulse was to draft a detailed letter addressing her concerns. If
for no other reason than to emphasize the fact that I'm a very fair-minded,
easy-going, and objective kind of guy and I'm very kind to all --until someone
lies to me, or tries to pull a fast one, or tries to harass or intimidate me,
in order to try to silence me.

Then I get meaner, nastier, and more militant than several CO$ law firms and
Oliver Cromwell combined. Also, the spirit of Che Guevera starts to run through
my veins and I want to start kicking occult-fascist butt. (Just ask Keith Wyatt
or Russell Shaw.)

Anyway, I want to publicly thank Ms. Kobrin for her interest in me (despite the
fact that I once nicknamed her "Heleva Kobra" --just business, Helena, nothing
personal) and her willingness to dialogue. Perhaps there is hope yet for some
kind of detente. But even if there isn't, at least its nice to have one's
effectiveness so clearly confirmed. (Is it okay to use "clear"? That word
hasn't been copyrighted or trademarked yet, has it?)

I have not yet finished the aforementioned draft letter (which has grown to
nearly four pages in length) but I do want her and everyone else on ARS to know
that I intend to complete and send it unless I can be given sufficient reason
not to --for example, could her letter (reproduced below) be a fishing
expedition or a veiled attempt to set me up?

I am not inclined, at this point, to think so. But I would appreciate some
input from others on ARS who may know her very well and/or have had similar
communications with her.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and advice.

John M. Esparolini

------------------

Dear Mr. Esparolini,

The Nimmer treatise is Nimmer on Copyright, published by Matthew
Bender. There are others, such as Boorstyn on Copyright by Clark
Boardman Callaghan. I am not familiar with the specific books you
mention.

I really cannot discuss with you how a client determines whether to
file a suit against a particular party for a particular action. That is
truly privileged and work product information that I cannot share with
someone else.

The NET Act is intended to provide a means of criminally
prosecuting copyright infringements that are not made for financial
gain if the other requirements of that law are met. From the
legislative history, that is why it was enacted.

I'm curious as to how and why you became interested in my client
and its copyright cases. I have seen some of your postings and they
are rather immoderate in my book, although your communications to me
have been civil and you apparently appreciate that a copyright owner is
justified in protecting its rights. What's the story?

Sincerely,
Helena Kobrin

roger gonnet

Sep 10, 2001, 5:05:34 AM9/10/01

Tilman Hausherr <til...@berlin.snafu.de> a écrit dans le message :
plmjptktbho19dbhi...@4ax.com...

> On 7 Sep 2001 20:22:03 -0400, mir...@nospamearthlink.net (Deana M.
> Holmes) wrote in <Xns9115B12385E30m...@205.232.34.12>:
>
> >Tilman Hausherr <til...@berlin.snafu.de> wrote in
> >
> >> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:21:52 -0400, "Chip Gallo"
> >> <cga...@deletethisnewsguy.com> wrote in

> >> Yes it is him. His real name is George Murgatroyd 3.
> >
> >Isn't he the same attorney who tried to deny he was a Scientologist? I
> >thought you had a tangle with him, Tilman.
>
> No I didn't, that was that "Spadolini" guy. He just didn't want to be
> listed on that clam shyster list.

Like a lot of others who are indeed ASHAMED of being scienos.

The best is that the only thing scientology has found to attack me before
courts is... that I've some names of scienos on my site!!

Their own lists contain lots of names, and some of those guys are boasting
their appartenance by being on many scieno lists.

roger