OUT & FREE- who is a friend in ARS and who isn't?

OUT & FREE

Jul 24, 2001, 6:26:39 PM7/24/01
Thanks for all those who responded. Everyone who posted said "there"
are friends here. Well, how do you figure out the difference of who is
and who isn't? It is very "scary" to trust nowadays...My paranoia is
still fresh so forgive me for asking a stupid question..I have read
alot of the postings. No one is perfect and we all have our problems
but some are indeed "sicker than others." Thanks..

O&F

yduzit...@sympatico.ca

Jul 24, 2001, 9:22:54 PM7/24/01

O & F:

Hey there - this is indeed a bewildering place to wander into sometimes.
As to who is trustworthy? Well that depends on who you ask but I remember
someone suggesting http://www.xenu.net to you.

The web master is Andreas Hedlund ( sorry if it is misspelt Andreas)
and has a lot of good info and links there. There is a discussion board
and there you can talk to Tory/MAgoo who has just celebrated
her first year of freedom after 30 years in.

For someone to talk to one on one please do call the Lisa McPherson Trust
- they will be able to help you out as well.
727-467-9335

As to who is who on ars - just lurk a while a watch - you will soon learn
more about who we are and what we believe.

Take care of yourself in the mean time - rest, read, relax and enjoy your
new found freedom. Talk to people - get in touch with the people
who run Steven HAssan's site - they may be able to help out you in touch
with others as well. Remember though - your needs must come first - you
decide how much and how often you want contact with people - you are in
charge and you decide what you need and when. Good Luck

Ed

Jul 24, 2001, 9:20:27 PM7/24/01

My advice would be to keep reading and be patient. There are
a lot of ex-scns here who are trustworthy and friendly. If you are
really paranoid about being outed, I recommend the policy that you
only talk with people who are clearly, publicly both out and former.
Good examples would be Tory, Warrior, Arnie Lerma, anyone from LMT,
Jim Beebe and quite a few others. You can email anyone privately and
get in communication. A lot of the ex-ers follow a.r.s. just to be
there as a person someone like you can talk to. If you read a fair
number of someone's posts you get a pretty good sense of them.

You can also go onto IRC (download mIRC from www.mirc.co.uk) and talk
with a lot of good people on the channels #scientology or
#scientologylies on the server irc.scientologylies.com -- mIRC is a
very easy and user-friendly program, shareware.

Ed

El Roto

Jul 24, 2001, 10:03:49 PM7/24/01

"OUT & FREE" <afreew...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for all those who responded. Everyone who posted said
"there"
> are friends here. Well, how do you figure out the difference of
who is
> and who isn't?
snip

Be very suspicious of anyone whose nickname has the same number of
vowels as consonants.

;)

In all other cases, I'd recommend you read as much as you can and
don't offer up any info you're afraid could be misused by someone
until they earn your trust.

Steve "El Roto" G.

Deomorto

Jul 25, 2001, 3:10:34 AM7/25/01
> "OUT & FREE" <afreew...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for all those who responded. Everyone who posted said
> "there"
> > are friends here. Well, how do you figure out the difference of
> who is
> > and who isn't?

hi out and free - here's my 2 cents worth.

This is a public discussion newsgroup - there are no guarantees that
anyone who posts here are exactly who they say they are. There is just
opinion, story, anecdote and more opinion. If it turns out that there
is someone who's opinions and writing you tend to agree with or enjoy
they may in time end being a friend.

If you have just gotten out my advice to you is to take it easy - I
have read (thanks to Monica's postings and others) that it can take
years to get over the mindset of being in a cult - and my personal
experience is that this was the case for both my wife and myself.

If something is posted on here that you have an opinion on, for or
against, then post away. I have found that the act of reading other
peoples' replies to things i have said has proven to be a very good
way of examining my stances and opinions and has helped me deal with
the indoctrination that is scientology.

My best advice I guess - is live well - its the best revenge.

Rev. Norle Enturbulata

Jul 25, 2001, 6:56:47 AM7/25/01
"OUT & FREE" <afreew...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

As others said, read the posts here and pay attention to the way people
conduct themselves in writing. Merely insisting that "I am not nor have I
ever been a $cientologist" is no proof often that this is the case - since
lying about this is yet another method of gaining the trust of anti- or
non-Co$ people. I would also draw your attention to the post "twenty-five
rules of Disinformation", and note that many of these tactics are used by
Co$ members and other adherents here. I've been lurking on a.r.s. for a few
years, having developed a healthy distaste for being targeted again. I
understand the distrust and paranoia that Co$ is well-versed in instilling
in others. Pay attention to that however, and before your respond to
someone make sure of a few things, IMO:

[1] Do I want to actually say this or am I just reacting emotionally to
button-pushing?
[2] Is the poster I'm responding to just trying to get a reaction,
specifically for the purpose of distracting one from otherwise posting to
another thread, or just filling up the newsgroup with vitriolic responses
and co-responses?
[3] Do I want to on record as saying this?

There are lots more reasons to post or not post. But that's all for now, I
guess. Above all, rejoice in your freedom and do it publicly if possible!
Co$ HATES that, and will attack with impunity. Critics will defend
appropriately. "Fear is the Mind-Killer". Miscabbage is a Garden Dwarf.
Comedy is the Hub of the Universe.

OUT & FREE

Jul 25, 2001, 8:36:23 AM7/25/01
Thanks for the advice..I have a few people outside who don't post to
the ars who I speak to..A friend once told me "whatever you don't want
read on the front page of the NY TImes don't e-mail it or post it"..I
will eventually get over my fear..I don't have the greatest
instillment of fear because as I said I went throught the honeymooner
phase but when you listen to everyone else's horror stories it tends
to make you more fearful. I will read and listen and learn..Isn't that
what it is all about? Well, for some maybe..But that is how I made my
descion not to be part Co$ any longer. I finally listened and
understood and saw the "facts" in front of me. Steve(hassan) and
Monica were very open with the truth. But for some as it did for me
once before the truth can hit us in the face and we will still deny
it...As I have seen on here already. One truth I saw was a taped
interview with RLH which was shown to me. While watching it I finally
saw how psychotic he was. I also learned "engrams" is a noun only and
that mind control exists..Thank God (well, someone anyway) for the
truth...

The truth shall set us free...

A Free Wind....O $ F

Rev. Norle Enturbulata

Jul 25, 2001, 8:50:09 AM7/25/01

"OUT & FREE" <afreew...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the advice..I have a few people outside who don't post to
> the ars who I speak to..A friend once told me "whatever you don't want
> read on the front page of the NY TImes don't e-mail it or post it"..I
> will eventually get over my fear..

Remember that a lot of us here on a.r.s. have experienced some of the worst
the cult has to offer. One of us is even having to remain in another
country right now. Remember that there's a point Co$ never thinks about a
critic or ex-member being in, and that's where:

1. What else will they do to you that they've not done yet?
2. What have you got to hide? Nothing.
3. You have nothing to lose.

> Thank God (well, someone anyway) for the truth...

I believe that He's watching, delights in our awakenings, and even cares for
those who don't believe in Him. Are not many of the essential energies of
the world conducted by Love? It is like the reverberations left over from
the theoretical Big Bang, eternal and all-affecting. Fear and Hate are the
converse; they suppress, smother, distract and repress us, preventing us
from reaching our fullest potential.

"Take off your shoes..."

barb

Jul 25, 2001, 10:23:02 AM7/25/01

Keep it fresh! Once you're out and posting, you will attract cult
attention.
Although I've made some new friends since I started getting interested
in cult-busting three years ago, I've very suspicious of new people
unless they're involved in one of my peculiar fields of interest. The
story of Jesse Prince's drug bust is certainly a cautionary tale;
Scientology hired a PI to set him up. Introducing himself as "Rinzi
Trinidad," he befriended Jesse and his g'friend in a bar, cultivated
that friendship, and then betrayed him.
Rinzi provided and smoked pot with the couple in an attempt to get Jesse
busted.

It reminds me of a similar encounter I had with a total stranger outside
of the supermarket a block from my home. I was approached by this overly
friendly stranger named "Bill," who claimed he knew me and had talked
with me before. "Ah, probably about the downtown ballpark project," I
said, fishing.
He agreed, and started walking with me. I kept the conversation
superficial, and told him more than he wanted to hear about this
ballpark scam! At my door, he invited me out for coffee. I declined.

This happened before the Jesse Prince case, but I'd read Tom Klemesrud's
account of 'miss bloodybutt' and was very wary. Since I'm not the type
of female that men try to pick up on, "Bill" stood out. The grocery is
only 5 blocks from the org, here, and this was during a time when
shydavid and I were doing stealth pickets downtown on a regular basis.

I have made a few new friends, as I say. A mathematician, an
entomologist,and a couple of sea captains. These are fields that would
be extremely difficult for a Scientologist to mimic. Anyone involved in
the sciences professionally would not be too likely to join Scientology.
After reading choice bits from 'History of Man,' they'd likely laugh
themselves into tears rather than sign up for more!

A few suggestions for you; password protect any and all accounts, bank,
utilities, etc.

Don't ever leave anything in your car that you would not want the cult
to see, even if you just run into a store for a second, breaking into a
car doesn't take that long. Don't leave any paperwork in the car where
someone could read it.

Buy a shredder, and use it.

Don't talk to strangers. ;)

There are other precautions, but these are just what I can come up with
at the moment.

Congratulations on getting out! Although it may be hard for you to sort
out 'who's who' here on ARS at the moment, you will start recognising
names. Some people here have been featured in the media, and on DA
fliers and pages.
You'll quickly figure out who the cult hates most. Let that be a partial
guide. There are many good folks here who make excellent friends once
you get to know them.
--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC

"Every week, every month, every year, every decade and now
every century, Scientology does weird and stupid things
to damage its own reputation."
-Steve Zadarnowski

"Comparing Scientology to a motorcycle gang is a gross, unpardonable
insult to bikers everywhere. Even at our worst, we are never as bad as
Scientology."
-ex-member, Thunderclouds motorcycle "club"

Keith Henson

Jul 25, 2001, 5:36:28 PM7/25/01
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:23:02 -0700, barb <bwa...@home.com> wrote:

>OUT & FREE wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for all those who responded. Everyone who posted said "there"
>> are friends here. Well, how do you figure out the difference of who is
>> and who isn't? It is very "scary" to trust nowadays...My paranoia is
>> still fresh so forgive me for asking a stupid question..I have read
>> alot of the postings. No one is perfect and we all have our problems
>> but some are indeed "sicker than others." Thanks..
>>
>> O&F
>
>Keep it fresh! Once you're out and posting, you will attract cult
>attention.

snip good suggestions

>Buy a shredder, and use it.

If they figure out who you are, they will steal your trash. Been done
to a number of folks here.

What do they do with trash? Well, one example is that they found an
empty bottle, called up a pharmacy and made the dose of one medication
4 times what the doctor had originally requested.

The upside is to consider what training to be a spook would cost if
you had to pay for it.

Keith Henson

Chris Leithiser

Jul 25, 2001, 6:15:28 PM7/25/01

How was this distinguished from normal doctor/pharmacist error, for
example, reading "QD" as "QID"?

I wish _my_ pharmacist were that accomodating--it would make my eeeevil
psych drug scrips last four times as long.

barb

Jul 25, 2001, 9:02:47 PM7/25/01

The military told us it cost $60,000. And I'm not even a very good
spook!

Keith Henson

Jul 25, 2001, 10:53:15 PM7/25/01
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:15:28 -0700, Chris Leithiser
<clei...@bc.cc.ca.us> wrote:

>Keith Henson wrote:

snip

>> What do they do with trash? Well, one example is that they found an
>> empty bottle, called up a pharmacy and made the dose of one medication
>> 4 times what the doctor had originally requested.
>
>How was this distinguished from normal doctor/pharmacist error, for
>example, reading "QD" as "QID"?

It followed by less than a week of throwing out a bottle for a
prescription drug the person was no longer taking from a doctor they
had not been to for years.

>I wish _my_ pharmacist were that accomodating--it would make my eeeevil
>psych drug scrips last four times as long.

I know the drill. Keith Henson

Perry Scott

Jul 31, 2001, 6:43:36 PM7/31/01
Hi Out & Free in NYC !

OUT & FREE <afreew...@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Thanks for all those who responded. Everyone who posted said "there"

: are friends here. Well, how do you figure out the difference of who is
: and who isn't?

Generally, look for people that CofS doesn't like. (The enemy of my
enemy is my friend...)

1) Those with publicly-verifiable acts of Fair Game against them - e.g.
anyone at the Lisa McPherson Trust (Bob Minton, Stacy Brooks, Jesse
Prince, Mark Bunker, and a supporting cast of thousands), Arnie, Keith,
Dennis (retired), Tory, etc. As the ARSCC(WDNE) Awards I/C, I have
the SP levels of all the posters in the files (WDNE).

2) Outspoken critics with web pages that say things that no loyal
Scientologist could say - e.g. Andreas (www.xenu.net), Tilman,
Touretzky, Cornelius, Warrior, CLKates, Jeff Jacobsen, antivirus, etc.

3) a.r.s. posters saying things that no loyal Scientologist would say.
Lots of ex-CoSers here like Monica, Frank Oliver, Tory (again), Jim
Beebe, antivirus (again), and so on.

4) Picketers - see the picket summaries in a.r.s. Week in Review.

I remember a NYC critic who used to post here - I think it was Paul
Groswald. I think he was ex-CAN.

: It is very "scary" to trust nowadays...My paranoia is

: still fresh so forgive me for asking a stupid question..

Lose the paranoia, but stay scared. It keeps you vigilant. Hang out
here for awhile, and you'll see people saying things that no loyal
Scientologist would say.

: I have read

: alot of the postings. No one is perfect and we all have our problems
: but some are indeed "sicker than others." Thanks..

Many of us are still working our way out of Scientology. Some of us
just don't know it yet. :)

: O&F

Perry Scott
Co$ Escapee

Boudewijn van Ingen

Jul 31, 2001, 8:41:29 PM7/31/01
On 24 Jul 2001 15:26:39 -0700, afreew...@yahoo.com (OUT & FREE)
wrote:

If you really want to find out about the orchestrated hate of the
$cientology organisation, you can find a lot of names of contributors
to this newsgroup.

You might want to look at http://www.parishioners.org/ to find some.

Their list of names is here:
http://www.parishioners.org/rfw/extremists/index.html
And please notice that they do not provide any background information
on the 'experts' they cite from on:
http://www.parishioners.org/rfw/experts/index.html

Some more information about the $cientology 'net-nanny':
http://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/~krasel/CoS/filter/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/CoS/nanny.html

A list of all the stuff from the $cientology 'net-nanny'
(useful for finding more names):
http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/CoS/crack.list.html

And there is much more...

Groeten,