US media: Washington Times (May 7, 2008): "Scientologists drop anti-bugging battle"

R. Hill

May 7, 2008, 12:12:24 PM5/7/08
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/FOREIGN/895293192/-1/RSS_WORLD&template=nextpage

Isn't this Sun Myung Moon newspaper? Anyway...

=====
GERMANY

Scientologists drop anti-bugging battle

BERLIN — Germany's branch of the Church of Scientology said yesterday it
had dropped a legal battle in Muenster to prevent the nation's domestic
intelligence services from monitoring its activities.

The branch said in a statement it "felt it was time to reflect on the
whole purpose of this battle of legal material and reach a sensible
solution."

The North Rhine-Westphalia Higher Administrative Court in Muenster
refused last month to hear an appeal to a February ruling allowing the
intelligence agencies to continue observing the Scientologists.
=====

Scared that too much public awareness would be brought on its internal
documents?

--
Ray.

David Miscavige: "a million has got to go... half a million has got to
go ... work out whatever the significance is..."
http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/the-edge/

Don Larson: "I manipulated a half-million-dollar inheritance out of Bob
B... [David Miscavige] called me up in the middle of the night [about
Bob B...] He wanted the money."
http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/behar19861027.html

feministe

May 7, 2008, 12:15:30 PM5/7/08
"R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> a écrit dans le message de

> http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/FOREIGN/895293192/-1/RSS_WORLD&template=nextpage
>
> Isn't this Sun Myung Moon newspaper? Anyway...
>
> =====
> GERMANY
>
> Scientologists drop anti-bugging battle
>
> BERLIN — Germany's branch of the Church of Scientology said yesterday it
> had dropped a legal battle in Muenster to prevent the nation's domestic
> intelligence services from monitoring its activities.
>
> The branch said in a statement it "felt it was time to reflect on the
> whole purpose of this battle of legal material and reach a sensible
> solution."
>
> The North Rhine-Westphalia Higher Administrative Court in Muenster refused
> last month to hear an appeal to a February ruling allowing the
> intelligence agencies to continue observing the Scientologists.
> =====
>
> Scared that too much public awareness would be brought on its internal
> documents?

scared to death. And I promise you that they have some urgencies behind them
these days in France, they should go fast fast fast to handle what they can
still ahndle, otherwise, their cases are to aggravate a lot.

I don't understand that they went stupid to that point. The brainwashing
seems still more solid underthe crime cult leader than before, under its
criminal founder.

R. Hill

May 7, 2008, 1:34:56 PM5/7/08

You think the Belgium authorities might have provided some documents
obtained after their raid to the German authorities? I find it very
interesting that all of a sudden they are looking for a "sensible
solution." Since its the insidious, duplicitous, vicious Church of
Scientology talking about "sensible solution," I interpret it as an
euphemism for "you have us by the balls."

--
Ray.

David Miscavige, as quoted by Larry Brennan: "a million has got to go...

"Rev" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD

May 7, 2008, 2:43:25 PM5/7/08

"R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> wrote in message

> http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/FOREIGN/895293192/-1/RSS_WORLD&template=nextpage
>
> Isn't this Sun Myung Moon newspaper? Anyway...
>
> =====
> GERMANY
>
> Scientologists drop anti-bugging battle
>
> BERLIN — Germany's branch of the Church of Scientology said yesterday it
> had dropped a legal battle in Muenster to prevent the nation's domestic
> intelligence services from monitoring its activities.
>
> The branch said in a statement it "felt it was time to reflect on the
> whole purpose of this battle of legal material and reach a sensible
> solution."

Sounds like they're running out of money, doesn't it?

Hartley Patterson

May 7, 2008, 3:39:09 PM5/7/08
rh...@xenu-directory.net:

So far as I recall the Moonies have never been in bed with Scientology.
The Raelians were briefly and Nation of Islam may still be, both being
scam cults as opposed to sincere cults.

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/index.htm

Gerry Armstrong

May 7, 2008, 4:27:03 PM5/7/08
On Wed, 7 May 2008 20:39:09 +0100, Hartley Patterson
<hpt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>rh...@xenu-directory.net:
>> http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/FOREIGN/895293192/-1/RSS_WORLD&template=nextpage
>>
>> Isn't this Sun Myung Moon newspaper? Anyway...
>
>So far as I recall the Moonies have never been in bed with Scientology.
>The Raelians were briefly and Nation of Islam may still be, both being
>scam cults as opposed to sincere cults.

From Le Monde Diplomatique in 2001:

Scientologists and Moonies soon came to an arrangement. Since the
mid-1990s they have been conducting joint campaigns for religious
freedom in Europe and the US.

A series of letters between Scientology and Moon leaders published on
the internet revealed that their activities in eastern Europe were
jointly planned and coordinated. The Scientology-Moon coalition,
supported formally or informally by other sects, is similar to the
partnership between Scientology and Greater Grace. It is now receiving
support from American religious fundamentalist groups.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/france/LeMonde5-11-01.html

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

barb

May 7, 2008, 7:48:08 PM5/7/08
R. Hill wrote:
> http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/FOREIGN/895293192/-1/RSS_WORLD&template=nextpage
>

> Isn't this Sun Myung Moon newspaper? Anyway...
>
> =====
> GERMANY
>
> Scientologists drop anti-bugging battle
>
> BERLIN — Germany's branch of the Church of Scientology said yesterday it
> had dropped a legal battle in Muenster to prevent the nation's domestic
> intelligence services from monitoring its activities.
>
> The branch said in a statement it "felt it was time to reflect on the
> whole purpose of this battle of legal material and reach a sensible
> solution."
>
> The North Rhine-Westphalia Higher Administrative Court in Muenster
> refused last month to hear an appeal to a February ruling allowing the
> intelligence agencies to continue observing the Scientologists.
> =====
>
> Scared that too much public awareness would be brought on its internal
> documents?

Ah, but they cut out the most amusing part, which was featured here:
http://www.pr-inside.com/german-scientology-church-drops-court-r574888.htm

"The organization has now added a declaration on human rights and
democracy to its bylaws, and has someone to lead its human rights
program in Germany, said German Church of Scientology spokeswoman Sabine
Weber."

Oh, well see? They're not anti-democracy at all. Just look at their
"declaration on human rights and democracy" bylaws.

Heh, fucking heh! As if anyone is gonna take that srsly, any more than
people believe that the cult holds to its own noble-sounding creed.
It's part of the smokescreen, of course.

They can yell about human rights and democracy all they want, but as
long as their actions don't reflect their beliefs, nobody's gonna buy
the sham.

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

“I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don’t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.”

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

Hartley Patterson

May 7, 2008, 11:35:30 PM5/7/08
ge...@gerryarmstrong.org:

> Scientologists and Moonies soon came to an arrangement. Since the
> mid-1990s they have been conducting joint campaigns for religious
> freedom in Europe and the US.

I stand corrected, thanks Gerry! Put the Moonies down as a scam then.