International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance - another fake businees name?

Android Cat

Jan 13, 2007, 6:57:22 PM1/13/07
I've been trying to track down the "who" of International Foundation for
Human Rights and Tolerance since it really seems like just another name for
the same group as Youth for Human Rights International so that they can act
like two different groups and give themselves bogon awards.

In fact, not only does YHRI say that IFHRT (iFart?) holds the trademark on
YHRI's logo, but *this is actually true*! (I was shocked!)
http://www.youthforhumanrights.org/site/copyright.html

United States Patent and Trademark Office:
Typed Drawing

Word Mark YOUTH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS INTERNATIONAL
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: PROVIDING MATERIALS FOR
STUDENTS AND TEACHING GUIDES FOR SCHOOLS IN THE FIELD OF PREVENTING
DISCRIMINATION AND PROMOTING RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE. FIRST USE: 20010401. FIRST
USE IN COMMERCE: 20010401
Mark Drawing Code(1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Serial Number 76536916
Filing Date July 28, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Supplemental Register Date June 18, 2004
Registration Number 2900922
Registration Date November 2, 2004
Owner (REGISTRANT) INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND TOLERANCE
CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 4845 Fountain Ave., Suite 122 Los Angeles CALIFORNIA
90029
Attorney of Record R Todd Fulks
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register SUPPLEMENTAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

The fly in the dung heap, is that the California search finds nothing close
to matching International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance, so
either this was incorporated elsewhere (like Delaware), or this is another
business name alias used by a real corporation. (CoS loves these aliases
because they can use them for identity confusion, like the "L. Ron Hubbard
Library" name which has been passed between several companies.)

Hmm. Always run the address and phone number to see who else uses them!
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%224845+Fountain+Ave%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Large-ish building, I wonder who owns the property?
http://www.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4845+Fountain+Ave.+Los+Angeles,+CA&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=34.095565,-118.294483&spn=0.001686,0.003355&t=h&om=1&iwloc=addr

An iFHRT blog DA'ing France over the Solar Temple cult murder/suicides:
http://towardspeace.blogspot.com/2004_05_09_towardspeace_archive.html
(I wonder how they explain the same actions by Solar Temple members in
Canada?)

Mainly what I've been looking for is an indication that YHRI/IFHRT falls
under ABLE, which then makes them a "Scientology-related entity" under the
leaked IRS Closing Agreement, or that they were created after 1993 to bypass
that connection.

"4. The social benefit and other public benefit entities discussed at pages
1-28 through 1-42 of the June submission along with all subsidiaries,
subordinate chapters, subordinate organizations, or sublicensees thereof
(e.g., organizations that are permitted to use particular names, copyrights,
service marks, and/or technologies) are Scientology-related entities. Thus,
for example, Citizens Commission on Human Rights, National Commission on Law
Enforcement and Social Justice, Scientology Defense Fund Trust, Association
for the Better Living and Education, Applied Scholastics Incorporated,
Narconon International, The Way to Happiness Foundation, and the Foundation
for Religious Freedom are Scientology-related entities. Pages 1-28 through
1-42 are attached as Exhibit VIII-2 to this Agreement."

Was Exhibit VIII-2 included in the leaked material?

--
Ron of that ilk.

Android Cat

Jan 14, 2007, 3:18:08 PM1/14/07

They claim that "The International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt foundation, " but then they never give
any information about where it's incorporated and under what name. I
suspect that it is operating under the IRS surrender agreement umbrella, but
they hide the actual name to deny the Scientology connection.

The missing incorporation information has come up on OCMB before at the end
of 2005, but I can't find the thread right now.

Suckers $700 in aid money for Scientology's Vulture Ministers:
http://www.ibearalumni.com/event%20registration.htm
Working the alumni donation circuit:
https://kelloggalumni.northwestern.edu/Events/EventView.asp?EventID=1038&headingid=&override=

Alfred E. Neuman

Jan 14, 2007, 8:38:20 PM1/14/07

"Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Try this link: http://www.shuttleworthleadershipsocietyinternational.org/
I found it searching for Mary Shuttleworth, the prez. I hope this helps.
Frankly, I am shocked how many tax-exempt organizations there are that are
COS! You would never know unless you researched them!
alf

Android Cat

Jan 14, 2007, 10:14:46 PM1/14/07
Alfred E. Neuman wrote:
> "Android Cat" <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Android Cat wrote:
>>> I've been trying to track down the "who" of International Foundation
>>> for Human Rights and Tolerance since it really seems like just
>>> another name for the same group as Youth for Human Rights
>>> International so that they can act like two different groups and
>>> give themselves bogon awards.

>>> Mainly what I've been looking for is an indication that YHRI/IFHRT

> Try this link:

> http://www.shuttleworthleadershipsocietyinternational.org/ I found it
> searching for Mary Shuttleworth, the prez. I hope this helps.
> Frankly, I am shocked how many tax-exempt organizations there are
> that are COS! You would never know unless you researched them! alf

Thanks! It's interesting, and there were a lot sites at the same IP that I
tentacled for later. Read the IRS Closing Agreement if you want *just a
start* on the "Scientology-related entities" that are operating tax-exempt.
They all squeeze in under Scientology's blanket and don't get much of a look
at by the IRS. ("Dude, I'm with the band!") They also don't file much of
the public paperwork that a real tax-exempt organization should.

*However*, there's still no indication that the mystery company behind
International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance is part of this.
(My guess is yes. It's probably much easier to slide in under under the
existing agreement [spit!] than go through the tax-exempt check-out
procedure on their own.)

The story so far:

International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance

* It's not incorporated under that name in California.
* They never use Inc. on the end.
* If they did use Inc. then it would have to be an incorporation, but not
using it doesn't mean that it isn't.
* My guess is that it's a business alias, and they're using to obscure the
connection with Scientology.
* Under that name, they hold the trademark for Youth for Human Rights
International.

The question is still is it a "Scientology-related entity" under the IRS
agreement, and what's the exact relation to YHRI?

I guess it's time to start digging into fake business names. I believe that
each county gov. in California has a seperate online registry of those, so
LA then Riverside would be the ones to try.

The IRS agreement stuff:
http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/documents/1993-10-01closingagrmt.html
Take their final conclusions with a grain of salt.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/IRS/
The whole thing.

(Me, I wonder how Marty Rathbun is going to be removed from that agreement
which he is tied to by name, not position, and can't easily be removed. I
don't know if a pre-signed undated resignation would good enough for this.
Maybe they can prop him up in the corner and get someone to wave his hand
for assent?)

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 14, 2007, 11:32:56 PM1/14/07
I used this not-for-profit tax returns and financial information search
engine to locate information on this group.
You might want to bookmark it.
http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Search

Here is what I found:

INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND TOLERANCE. is a group
that was originally named "Foundation for Religious Tolerance". Their
1998 return shows that they filed before but at a different address on
that return, so they have beeen around at least until 1997.

INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND TOLERANCE.
http://204.203.220.33/EINS/954035696/954035696_2004_01f52589.PDF

Note on Statement #3 a trustee named Ashleigh Prince, was paid 21, 856
for "promotional, office and findraising actions" as an independent
contractor, which I find very suspect.
Note: You or anyone can inspect their returns and exemption application
and 'quid pro quo' donos ( something for something donos) See line
82a&b of this return and iRS tax exempt guidelines for this procedure.
Note: Looks like they spelled Bill GHoode's name wrong

More data:
1998-2004 IRS Form 990 Tax Returns for Exempt Organizations relating
to INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND TOLERANCE.
http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Form990&EIN=954035696&Year=2004&Cobrandid=0
http://tinyurl.com/yz2cul

Here is the basic information on this tax exempt group:

INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND TOLERANCE.
EIN: 954035696
NTEE: Q700 - International Human Rights
ERI NTEE: Q70 - International Human Rights
Group Exemption Number: 0000
SubSection: 03 - Charitable Organizations
Affiliate: 3 - Independent - This code is used if the organization is
an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not
affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of
organizations).
Classification: 2 - Trust
Deductibility: 1 - Contributions are deductible.
Foundation: 15 - Organization which receives a substantial part of its
support from a governmental unit or the general public
Filing Requirement: 010 -
Activity Code(s): 029 - Religious Activities
______________________________
Reading some of the returns can give you an idea of how they it gets
money and spends it. The attached statements show what work they have
accomplished with the tax-free money they get. :)

Mary Out_Of_The_Dark

Alfred E. Neuman

Jan 15, 2007, 6:31:23 AM1/15/07

That is a great link. Thanks!
This may be off-topic but, when I run the RELIGIOUS TECHNOLOGY CENTER
(930801236), it shows $0 for revenues and assets.
For contrast, I ran Christian Broadcasting Network (they are nearby where I
live). They show a large amount of assets and revenue.
Doesn't the RTC have income or revenue and assets? Am I reading it right?
alf

banchukita

Jan 15, 2007, 7:05:58 AM1/15/07

You might find some interesting material on Guidestar.org. Here's the
URL for a .pdf of IFhRT's 990:
http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2004/954/035/2004-954035696-01f52589-9.pdf

The last pages list trustees and those contracted who were paid the
most.

Ashleigh Prince got like 25 grand for pimping the place. Some other
poor guy got thirty bucks in commissions!

990s are also interesting because they tell where the money is supposed
to have gone. Some religious organizations do not have to file 990s.

-maggie, human being

l.l.lipshitz

Jan 15, 2007, 12:20:56 PM1/15/07
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:18:08 -0500, Android Cat <androi...@hotmail.com>
wrote in <8ceba$45aa9009$cf7034f3$19...@PRIMUS.CA>:

| Android Cat wrote:
| > I've been trying to track down the "who" of International Foundation
| > for Human Rights and Tolerance since it really seems like just
| > another name for the same group as Youth for Human Rights
| > International so that they can act like two different groups and give
| > themselves bogon awards.

ifhrt website says that yhri is related:
'the foundation recently founded youth for human
rights international...'
<http://www.humanrightsandtolerance.org/history.html>

there's also a picture of tim bowles on a trip to
africa for yhri on the ifhrt home page.

advisory board for ifhrt:
mazen abu-hijleh (scnist)
lawrence anthony (scnist)
dr. derek davis
dennis dubin (scnist)
b. mildred dubin (bunny? scnist?)
joseph k. grieboski
imam dr. mohammad hatim
wendy honnor (scnist)
rev. n.j. l'heureux, jr. (scn apologist)
irving sarnoff
rabbi michael shevak

staff of ifhrt:
mary shuttleworth (scnist)
michael wisner (scnist)

board of trustees:
bill good (scnist)
leisa goodman (scnist)
murray gould (scnist)
ashleigh prince (scnist)
michelle seward (scnist)

freedom magazine reports it, too:
'...scientologist and educator mary shuttleworth,
in coordicantion with the church of scientology
international's human rights department and the
foundation for human rights and tolerance, founded
youth for human rights international (yhri) in
august 2001. an outreach project of the foundation,
yhri's specific mission....'
<http://www.freedommag.org/english/vol36i2/page19.htm>

and hollander consultants put out a press release:
'youth for human rights international was founded by
educator and school principal mary shuttleworth in
august 2001 as a project of the international
foundation for human rights and tolerance, with the
expressed goal to implement l. ron hubbard's
statement, 'human rights must be made a fact, not an
idealistic dream.''
<http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/3835/>

not official incorporation or irs documentation,
but seems like scn to me.....

[...]

-elle

--------=[ l.l.lipshitz * elkube(at)lycos(dot)com ]=--------

time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana. -gm

Android Cat

Jan 15, 2007, 1:28:06 PM1/15/07

Yes, well, *of course* it's Scientology! :^P It's so interconnected with
all the other various front groups, players and CoS itself that it would be
silly to deny it. CoS does this all the time, of course, and gets mightly
enturbulated when mere wogs dare to see straight through its Secret
Indentity. ("Hey ScienoMan, you took off the cape and put on glasses, but
you're still wearing blue and yellow Super Power jammies.")

Thanks for all the people who dug up the IRS info and pointed out the name
change from Foundation for Religious Tolerance. There's still the mystery
of where IFHRT is incorporated and under what name. (If those were the
proper corporate names, and they were done in California, both names should
be in the state system with the renaming noted.)

The Foundation for Religious Tolerance isn't listed by name as part of the
IRS agreement, but that doesn't mean that they are excluded. There seems to
be missing attachements in the leaked document that have a more extensive
list. As well, these's a clause that basically says "The intention is to
include everything. Anything we forgot to mention is deemed to be
included." Hmm.

I can see why they changed the name. Before they retasked it to be a beacon
of Bright and Shiny PR, FRT (of Florida, at least) was a nasty attack group
with the bigotwatch.org site and Mary-go-round DeMoss. (bigotwatch.org,
predecessor of RFW, has just expired if anyone wants the domain.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_for_Religious_Tolerance_of_Florida

This sounds good:
"Even though their informational material said they were a
non-denominational organization (and tax exempt), they admitted to being a
Scientologist organization in court, during an injunction hearing in which
they also used Scientology's primary attorneys, Moxon & Kobrin."

http://www.lermanet.com/frontgroups.html#FRT

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 15, 2007, 2:57:09 PM1/15/07

alf,
I believe that the Christian Broadcasting Network is a charitable
religious org for the public benefit that does not serve one specific
church order. The difference is that RTC is exempt as a separate
religious organization supposidly operating as an exclusive religious
activity solely for the benefit of COS. It met the requirements under
IRS 501 C (3) when it applied.

COS does not have to file a 990 tax form annually, as is probably the
case for RTC. There are exceptions to who files an annual 990 Tax form.
Per the IRS guide for churches and religious orgs (page 18 ) the
following is a list of some of the organizations that are not required
to file Form 990.
¦ churches (as opposed to "religious organizations," defined
earlier)
¦ inter-church organizations of local units of a church
¦ mission societies sponsored by or affiliated with one or more
churches or church denominations,
if more than half of the activities are conducted in, or directed at,
persons in foreign countries
¦ an exclusively religious activity of any religious order
For a list of other organizations that are not required to file Form
990,see the Instructions for Form 990 and Form 990-EZ.
That guide for churches & religious orgs is here:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf
Complete list of exceptions to filing are here :
http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=152729,00.html

The IAS is also listed in this database like RTC. You can find it as
exactly typed below, at that search site
http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Search

US I A S MEMBERS TRUST

Their tax ID # is 521840679 so having and using tax ID's aka EIN 's
is also helpful when searching. When searching other databases on
charities, you may have to vary the name in order for it to come up if
there are abreviations, ie: periods after each letter in the word, as
in IAS.

I believe you can view any non-for-profit tax exempt orgs form 1023
applications by contacting the organization and arranging an
appointment. Page 5 of this Exempt Org application publication
explains what paperwork must be made available for inspection by
public: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1023.pdf

One can also call the IRS Exempt Organization office at 1-877-829-5500
to arrange to see the allowed documents for the exempt org.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/tege_life_cycle_of_a_public_charity_final.pdf

"Life cycle of a Charity: During its existence, a public charity has
numerous interactions with the IRS - from filing an application for
recognition of tax-exempt status, to filing the required annual
information returns, to making changes in its mission and purpose. The
IRS provides information, explanations, guides, forms and publications
on all of these subjects - they are available through this IRS Web
site. The illustration below provides an easy-to-use way of linking to
the documents most charities will need as they proceed though the
phases of their "life cycle." Look at the chart they supply. This
shows how to get and lose tax exempt status. This is the outline for
going after each separate COS application. :)
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=122670,00.html

In England, Scientology does not meet the criteria to be registered as
a legitimate charity but it is considered now as non-profit for tax
purposes only because it's a 'church'.

The UK Charity Commission should be commended for now caving in to COS
demands because we know that COS is not a charitable organization. They
discriminate against the sick, poor and mentally ill, as well as
anyone who criticizes them or is connected to a critic. Pathetic how
they gert away with this in the US. But not for much longer..... keep
up the research. Remember, there excellent critic websites with even
more data. Find them at www.altreligionscientology.org

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.
~Mary Out_Of_The_Dark

Alfred E. Neuman

Jan 15, 2007, 3:18:31 PM1/15/07

Thank you Mary. You are certainly a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks again, alf

Barbara Schwarz

Jan 15, 2007, 8:47:53 PM1/15/07

That is probably what would happed to you, if you would be on the
corporate papers of Eli Lilly, Sharpy.
Anyway, you don't have to think for Marty, he can do that perfectly on
his own.

Exposing p$ychiatric agents and trolls:
If you are intelligent and think for yourself, they defame, libel and
abuse you as being mentally ill. If you are not intelligent and don't
think for yourself but adopt their mentally retarded, narrow, false,
insecure and hate filled opinions, they call you sane. - Thanks, I
rather be my own thinking person. -- Barbara Schwarz

Check these guys out:
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/

And by the way: Wikipedia (Wikipiggi) and AHBL lies.