CSI: New Human Rights Ed Program & Booklets P. R. Leisa Goodman 12/06

Tigger Tigger

Dec 8, 2005, 2:12:05 PM12/8/05
i-Newswire.com - Press Release And News Distribution - Church of
Scientology International Presents New Human Rights Education Program at
Interparliamentary Conference
http://i-newswire.com/pr51879.html

Church of Scientology International Presents New Human Rights Education
Program at Interparliamentary Conference

(2005-12-08)

Leisa Goodman

The Church of Scientology International's Human Rights Director, Leisa
Goodman unveiled a new and innovative educational human rights program
to parliamentary representatives from 33 countries and 15 embassies as
well as to human rights experts, NGOs and religious representatives. The
occasion was the 2005 Interparliamentary Conference on Human Rights and
Religious Freedom, organized by the Institute on Religion and Public
Policy.

WASHINGTON, DC — The Church of Scientology International's Human
Rights Director, Leisa Goodman, this week unveiled a new and innovative
educational human rights program to parliamentary representatives from
33 countries and 15 embassies as well as to human rights experts, NGOs
and religious representatives. The occasion was the 2005
Interparliamentary Conference on Human Rights and Religious Freedom,
organized by the Institute on Religion and Public Policy, at which Ms.
Goodman attended and spoke.

The presentation, delivered jointly with the President of the
International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance, Michelle
Seward, has evoked strong interest among lawmakers. Entitled, "Making
Human Rights a Global Reality," it features a unique tool for educators
— a new human rights handbook to teach the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights to youth. Ms. Goodman also premiered the first three of 30
upcoming public service announcements, each portraying an article of the
Declaration.

Released globally last month in association with Youth for Human Rights
International (YHRI), the new program builds upon the success of the
acclaimed short film UNITED, a powerful human rights music video that
has won six awards and has aired to more than 40 million people. YHRI
has adopted the music of UNITED, with its anti-discrimination lyrics, as
its theme song.

Composed of members of national parliamentarians from around the globe,
the third annual Interparliamentary Conference on Human Rights and
Religious Freedom brought legislators together to address common issues
of human rights and freedom of religion. The Institute's four-day
conference included daily sessions covering religion's role in conflict
resolution; human rights education; religion, law and terrorism and
international poverty and development.

The Human Rights Department of the Church of Scientology International,
the International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance and Youth
for Human Rights International often partner to organize sporting
events, public forums and youth summits around the globe to increase
awareness about human rights and teach the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights.

For further information contact:
Leisa Goodman, Human Rights Director
Church of Scientology International
Email: humanri...@scientology.net
Phone: (323) 960-3500
Fax: (323) 960-3508/9

Provided via: http://www.i-newswire.com

If you have questions regarding information in these press release
contact the company listed below. I-Newswire.com is a press release
service and not the author of this press release. The information that
is on or available through this site is for informational purposes only
and speaks only as of the particular date or dates of that information.
As some companies / PR Agencies submit their press releases once per
week/month or quarter, make sure check the official company website for
accurate release dates as our site displays the I-Newswire.com
distribution date only. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness
of information on or available through this site, and we are not
responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in that information or for
actions taken in reliance on that information.

Android Cat

Dec 8, 2005, 3:36:27 PM12/8/05
Tigger Tigger wrote:
> i-Newswire.com - Press Release And News Distribution - Church of
> Scientology International Presents New Human Rights Education Program
> at Interparliamentary Conference
> http://i-newswire.com/pr51879.html

> The Church of Scientology International's Human Rights Director, Leisa

> Goodman unveiled a new and innovative educational human rights program
> to parliamentary representatives from 33 countries and 15 embassies as
> well as to human rights experts, NGOs and religious representatives.
> The occasion was the 2005 Interparliamentary Conference on Human
> Rights and Religious Freedom, organized by the Institute on Religion
> and Public Policy.

What a load of dingo's kidneys!

The "Institute on Religion and Public Policy" is another of Scientology's
phony-baloney fronts or dupes. I wonder which junketing "parliamentary
representatives" they managed to get?

Their web site:
http://www.religionandpolicy.org
http://www.interparliamentary.org

Note that Visual Edge Design of Clearwater did the site, which is usually a
*huge* give-away. (Although it's not in a VED net IP block.)

"The Institute on Religion and Public Policy, Inc. was recently founded as a
think tank and advocacy organization to study and understand the
relationship of religion, ethics and morality to public policy, government,
culture and politics in both the international and domestic arenas."
(Copyright 2004)

No record of that corporation in Florida or California.

I count at least three different street addresses in DC between their site
and domain registration.

Looks like Gerry Armstrong sent them a letter:
http://www.suppressiveperson.org/writings/ltr-grieboski-2004-10-25.html

Ahhh, not just Scientology is involved in this group:
http://www.suppressiveperson.org/writings/ltr-grieboski-2004-10-25.html
"On the same matter, one can say the same about the Moonies and other
notorious cults that have formed a coalition on this issue. The board of
directors of the "Institute of Religion and Public Politics," headed by Mr.
Grieboski, warmly recommended by the State Department, includes
ultraconservative Congressmen and leaders of various cults, Scientologists
and Moonies included. Until recently it also included the Sri Chinmoy guru,
leader of his own cult. Several years ago the Institute acquired property a
couple of blocks away from the White House in Washington and openly
conducted a campaign for the rights of Scientologists, the Moon cult and
other "religious minorities" in Europe."

It looks like the usual tight circle-jerk of linked organizations
congratulating each other to boost their profile.

--
Ron of that ilk.

roger gonnet

Dec 8, 2005, 3:45:08 PM12/8/05

"Tigger Tigger" <Tiggeri...@webtv.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
2032-439...@storefull-3333.bay.webtv.net...

i-Newswire.com - Press Release And News Distribution - Church of
Scientology International Presents New Human Rights Education Program at
Interparliamentary Conference
http://i-newswire.com/pr51879.html

Church of Scientology International Presents New Human Rights Education
Program at Interparliamentary Conference

Translation:
The scam calling itself a church presents a new way to brainwash people since
their youngest age so as to obtain more money while making believe that criminal
founder Hubbard is a genius , and presents this (always the same) program at a
non-existent association it has itself created to obtain credible truths to
present to naive victims.

Tilman Hausherr

Dec 9, 2005, 2:17:32 AM12/9/05
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:36:27 -0500, "Android Cat"
<androi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>No record of that corporation in Florida or California.

They are in Washington DC. After all, it's a lobbying organisation.

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

Tilman Hausherr

Dec 9, 2005, 12:27:25 PM12/9/05
<androi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What a load of dingo's kidneys!
>
>The "Institute on Religion and Public Policy" is another of Scientology's
>phony-baloney fronts or dupes. I wonder which junketing "parliamentary
>representatives" they managed to get?

Grieboski is just an ordinary lobbyist. Having an "institute" means
nothing - it could as well be just a mailbox.

"1620 Eye Street, N.W." Washington

brings over 59000 hits.

The CV of Joseph K. Grieboski is here:
http://www.religionandpolicy.org/show.php?p=3.1.1

This is his work history:

Prior to founding the Institute, Grieboski held leadership posts
in both the public and private sectors, and has multifaceted
experience in high-level political, diplomatic, and religious
activity.

It goes on that he has been sitting on many boards, lectured a lot, and
expressed his views a lot. What's more interesting is this:

Grieboski is president of Grieboski International, LLP, a
consulting firm focusing on political, foreign policy, and
national security issues.

This suggests that his "non profit" is a feed for his "consulting" firm.

The institute is known by guidestar.org. Is someone registered who could
look it up?

Tilman

Android Cat

Dec 9, 2005, 1:19:17 PM12/9/05
Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:36:27 -0500, "Android Cat"
> <androi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What a load of dingo's kidneys!
>>
>> The "Institute on Religion and Public Policy" is another of
>> Scientology's phony-baloney fronts or dupes. I wonder which
>> junketing "parliamentary representatives" they managed to get?
>
> Grieboski is just an ordinary lobbyist. Having an "institute" means
> nothing - it could as well be just a mailbox.
>
> "1620 Eye Street, N.W." Washington
>
> brings over 59000 hits.

Or a rent-an-office with shared meeting rooms, receptionist.

They have a few addresses:

http://www.religionandpolicy.org/contribute/index.php

Institute on Religion and Public Policy

c/o Institute Affiliates Program
1101 15th Street NW
Suite 115
Washington, DC 20005

Domain Name:RELIGIONANDPOLICY.ORG
Created On:17-Aug-1999 21:34:44 UTC
Registrant Name:Institute on Religion and Publ
Registrant Organization:Institute on Religion and Publ
Registrant Street1:5724 26th Street, NW
Registrant City:Washington
Registrant State/Province:DC
Registrant Postal Code:20015
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.70321203

Domain Name:INTERPARLIAMENTARY.ORG
Created On:17-Jul-2005 01:55:01 UTC
Registrant Name:Institute on Religion and Public Policy
Registrant Street1:6178 Castletown Way
Registrant City:Alexandria
Registrant State/Province:VA
Registrant Postal Code:22310