Snoopy the Shriner

Stephen Will Tanner

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

There is a stuffed-animal Snoopy in my office, and he's wearing a red fez.

Thank you! Thank you! You've been a wonderful audience! Thankyou!

What, you want more? Ok, well, here's something from the super-3133+
alt.religion.kibology vidiocy club:

TOKYO, Dec 16 (AFP) - Some 570 people, mostly children, were
rushed to hospital across Japan Tuesday after feeling sick while
watching a popular television animation about cyberspace adventures,
press reports said.
[...]
The programme featured animation characters, nicknamed Pokemon
or Pocket Monsters. The characters were originated by major video
game and toy maker Nintendo Co. for video game software.
Some children reportedly said they felt bad and lost their
vision after seeing Pikachu, one of the Pokemon characters, flash
its eyes on TV.
[...]

Yes, kids, if you mess with your Pocket Monster, YOU WILL GO BLIND!

--
Stephen (insert ANSI code to flash the screen here) Tanner

James Kibo Parry

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

tan...@math.wisc.edu (Stephen Will Tanner) wrote:

> TOKYO, Dec 16 (AFP) - Some 570 people, mostly children, were
> rushed to hospital across Japan Tuesday after feeling sick while
> watching a popular television animation about cyberspace adventures,
> press reports said.
> [...]
> The programme featured animation characters, nicknamed Pokemon
> or Pocket Monsters. The characters were originated by major video
> game and toy maker Nintendo Co. for video game software.
> Some children reportedly said they felt bad and lost their
> vision after seeing Pikachu, one of the Pokemon characters, flash
> its eyes on TV.
> [...]
>
> Yes, kids, if you mess with your Pocket Monster, YOU WILL GO BLIND!

Gosh. Now, more than ever, I know what I want for Christmas...

A Pocket Monster... AND MY OWN TV NETWORK!!!

-- K.

Remind me not to tell you
about the insane lady who
claimed she was only
pretending to throw up on
me on the subway to freak
me out, which didn't work
because I was busy thinking
of ways to protect everyone
but her from deadly microwaves
beamed into our brains by
the MBTA & BPL.

RJ

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote in article
<kibo-17129...@10.0.2.15>...

> -- K.
>
> Remind me not to tell you
> about the insane lady who
> claimed she was only
> pretending to throw up on
> me on the subway to freak
> me out, which didn't work
> because I was busy
thinking
> of ways to protect
everyone
> but her from deadly
microwaves
> beamed into our brains by
> the MBTA & BPL.

O.K. don't tell me about her. But it reminds me of the time I had the
opportunity to chat
with a guy that said he had been locked up in a psych ward and forced to
take medications
because he believed that his TV set was sending messages to his brain.

I mean, just go to any Mall Of America and you'll see evidence to support
his claim.

RJ.