Things Not To Say At Your Dot-Com Workplace

1 view

SWT

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
Boss: The cost for the software is $20,000 a seat.
Me: For that much, you could buy a healthy white baby!

[ RED X WITH BZZZZZZZT! ]

Cow-orker: I tried a new Swing layout for the dialog box, and then I got
dragged that road of fidding with the layout manager, trying to line up the
buttons just right.
Me: It's like Jon-Benet Ramsey's parents. "BE PRETTIER, DAMMIT!"

[ RED X WITH BZZZZZZZT! ]

Cow-orker: We should licence that tool-suite externally, get an extra
revenue stream going so we aren't dependent on venture capital.
Me: Yeah, I was hoping to get together some extra seed capital, but the
pimping just isn't panning out.

[ RED X WITH BZZZZZZZT! ]

Cow-orker: We need to make our site more "sticky", so that people will stay
there longer.
Me: But we're not a portal at all. Our site isn't going to be fun or create
a community, it's going to get boring work done faster. It's like a
prostate exam: Nobody involved enjoys it, just get it over with as soon as
possible.

[ RED X WITH BZZZZZZZT! ]

Boss: I wish the sales guys would turn off their cell phones for meetings.
Me: And keep their phones off the conference tables. It's like come ON,
keep it in your pants; if you really need a cock-substitute, go buy an SUV.

[ RED X WITH BZZZZZZZT! ]

I think I will not get the ax for these utterances, because unlike Mr.
[deleted for your protection], I have not posted Dilbert cartoons anywhere.
And I am kept SAFELY AWAY from any potential INVESTORS or CUSTOMERS by a
LARGE DOG who looks like BARKLEY, from SESAME STREET.

Luke Breinig

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
> Cow-orker: We need to make our site more "sticky", so that people will stay
> there longer.
> Me: But we're not a portal at all. Our site isn't going to be fun or create
> a community, it's going to get boring work done faster. It's like a
> prostate exam: Nobody involved enjoys it, just get it over with as soon as
> possible.

You are me and I claim my stapler.

> I think I will not get the ax for these utterances, because unlike Mr.
> [deleted for your protection], I have not posted Dilbert cartoons anywhere.
> And I am kept SAFELY AWAY from any potential INVESTORS or CUSTOMERS by a
> LARGE DOG who looks like BARKLEY, from SESAME STREET.

AND my job.

Seriously, I brought in a Dilbert cartoon dealing with the silly and
arbitrary nature of time sheets, and one of my cow-orkers copied it and
PUT IT ON ALL THE TIME SHEETS!!1!

-Luke

Teg Pipes

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
"SWT" <dumpl...@hotmail.com> writes:

> Boss: The cost for the software is $20,000 a seat.
> Me: For that much, you could buy a healthy white baby!

Me 2: ...and five thirteen year-old "virgins" from Thailand!

> Cow-orker: We should licence that tool-suite externally, get an extra
> revenue stream going so we aren't dependent on venture capital.

> Me: Yeah, I was hoping to get together some extra seed capital...

Me 2: ...but my lips are too chapped!
Me 3: ...but these damn Mormons aren't "interested" in boys!

> Cow-orker: We need to make our site more "sticky", so that people will stay
> there longer.
> Me: But we're not a portal at all. Our site isn't going to be fun or create
> a community, it's going to get boring work done faster. It's like a

> prostate exam...

Me 2: ...put the glove on, go in with the whole fist and hope your
customer happens to be a rectal-masochist, 'cos if he's not,
you're outta work.

> Boss: I wish the sales guys would turn off their cell phones for meetings.
> Me: And keep their phones off the conference tables. It's like come ON,
> keep it in your pants; if you really need a cock-substitute, go buy an SUV.

Me 2: Yeah, so I built this broad-band RF-emitting jamming
device that I bring to meetings in my pants, but now I'm sterile.

Also,

underling/student: Um, I finished that thing. What do I do know?
Me: Go sit in the corner, facing the wall. Then think REAL hard
back to freakin' YESTERDAY when you did the same procedure
and TRY to recall what the next step is.

student: I got a horrible score on my MCAT.
Me: Ah. That is indeed a horrible score. Have you considered barber
college?

-Teg

red

Nov 15, 2000, 10:13:13 PM11/15/00
How about:

Them: "We need to become clicks-and-mortar, ASAP!"
Me: Riiight. Can we use Marshmallow Fluff as the mortar?

Them: "We're the Amazon of reprographic processing software!"
Me: Ever wonder why Amazon hasn't turned a profit?

Them: "We're going to ship it in September."
Me: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

It's fun, isn't it? SYCHONIZE CORPORATE CLICHES! FULL STEAM AHEAD,
CAPTAIN!

red

--
---
www.planetstace.com

Chrid

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:13:13 GMT, red <mol...@86THISearthlink.net>
wrote:

An ex-colleague of mine was once so bored in a meeting that he started
to play "Buzzword Bingo" by himself. The people in the meeting were
spewing out so many stupid cliches that he filled his card within a
few minutes. He then leapt up out of his chair, shouting "BINGO!!"
No-one else in the meeting thought it was very funny. I wish I had
been there. No I don't! What am I saying!

Chrid

Beable van Polasm

Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
red <mol...@86THISearthlink.net> writes:
> Them: "We need to become clicks-and-mortar, ASAP!"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
chickens and mortar

> Me: Riiight. Can we use Marshmallow Fluff as the mortar?

No, because the chickens will eat it! When I grow up, I'm going
to be an architect and I'm going to design lots of buildings,
specifying that they should be constructed out of chickens and
mortar. I am not sure what the total benefit will be of
chickens-and-mortar construction, but I imagine some of them
will be:
- soothing clucking sound to calm the buildings inhabitants
- FREE EGGS!
- free fertiliser
- less insects (chickens eat insects)
- environmentally friendly

SO! Who wants a nice building designed??

cheers
Beable van Polasm
--
WHAT WOULD WILLIAM SHATNER DO? IQC 78189333
I was really surprised to be asked here tonight to honour Bob Hope.

Daniel Buettner

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> - FREE EGGS!

I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
duh!".

--
~
~

Chris Costello

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> duh!".

I am the only person who got this.

- Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org>

Michael

Nov 27, 2000, 7:26:32 PM11/27/00

"Chris Costello" <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote in message

> Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> > duh!".
>
> I am the only person who got this.

Prove this in 25 words or less.

-m

Beable van Polasm

Nov 28, 2000, 12:58:34 AM11/28/00
Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> > duh!".
>
> I am the only person who got this.

Hey, I typed EGCS first, but then I changed it to EGGS. Because I
wanted it to be about ARCHITECTURE! CHICKENS AND MORTAR! WHAT KIND
OF MORTAR SHOULD I USE FOR MY BARBECUE PIT?

cheers
Beable van Polasm
--

STOP CAKEHOLING PLANKTON IQC 78189333
-- Joe Bay, Society for Plankton Abuse PREVENTION

Mark Hill

Nov 28, 2000, 1:33:19 AM11/28/00
Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> > duh!".
>
> I am the only person who got this.

alas, I got it too. I think I've been hanging around you too long.

Glenn Knickerbocker

Nov 28, 2000, 2:52:26 AM11/28/00
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:58:34 GMT, Beable van Polasm wrote:
>Hey, I typed EGCS first, but then I changed it to EGGS. Because I
>wanted it to be about ARCHITECTURE! CHICKENS AND MORTAR! WHAT KIND
>OF MORTAR SHOULD I USE FOR MY BARBECUE PIT?
^^^^^^ IWPTA "MANURE" iiiiiiwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Noah A Christis

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
In article <m3wvdot...@beable.van.polasm.bigpond.com>,

Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> > > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> > > duh!".
> >
> > I am the only person who got this.
>
> Hey, I typed EGCS first, but then I changed it to EGGS. Because I
> wanted it to be about ARCHITECTURE! CHICKENS AND MORTAR! WHAT KIND
> OF MORTAR SHOULD I USE FOR MY BARBECUE PIT?
>
> cheers
> Beable van Polasm

Well Beable, I didn't know what to tell you about this at first, but
then I remembered this crackpot^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfabulous and beautiful
boy named "Brian Eable" and what HE had to say at mortars!

Repost below:

--->o---//--- Cut ---\\---o<--- --->o---//--- Cut ---\\---o<---

In article <70gk6r$ll0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
bea...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> In article <362d87ad...@news.sound.net>,
> twi...@sound.net (Theresa Willis) wrote:
> >
> > Now that I'm a suburbanite, I tried making a brick barbecue pit
> > out of rock solid photons, but I couldn't figure out what sort of
> > mortar to use. Suggestions?
> >

> i would use 80mm mortars. 60mm mortars are too small to do any
> real damage to the armoured police vehicles. they do have a
> satisfying effect against personnel in the open however. maybe
> a combination of the two? don't forget to set up barbed wire
> entanglements in the routes where the police are likely to
> attack along. remember that the barbed wire is not to stop
> the police, but to line them up so that the machine guns
> firing along the wire can do maximum damage! too many people
> don't realise this and set up their crack house^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
> defensive position all wrong.
>
> this diagram should help:
>
> o o o oo o <--<
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> u--u
> u u
> u u
> legend:
> o = cops
> x = barbed wire
> <--< = machine gun
> u = mortars
>
> hope this helps! happy barbequeing!

i've got quite a lot of email since my last post, and
yes, i admit, i did leave out a lot of important information.
this post will remedy that, i hope.

while the above barbecue plan would be ok if the status quo
had been maintained, a recent united nations resolution has
banned the barbecuing of any food items other than sausages.
the barbecuing of steaks, chops, shrimps (sorry roger, "prawns")
and other comestibles has been strictly verboten! the united
nations has decided in its infinite wisdom that since not
everybody in the world can afford steak, only sausages will
be allowed to be barbecued.

what this means for your backyard suburban barbecue, is that
rather than merely defending against a few dozen police, a
swat team and a couple of armoured cars, you will have to
withstand the full force of a united nations armoured
battalion of "peace keepers". hopefully their rules of
engagement will state that they may not initiate a firefight,
but are you going to risk having your barbecue disrupted by
a peace keeping force rolling through your back yard, squashing
your garden furniture with their main battle tanks, to keep
your steaks away from your hotplate? you must admit, that would
certainly be a bit of a dampener for your guests. especially
if colonel mike "the bastard" zeares arrives in his flame-thrower
tank.

so if you intend to cook steaks at your next barbecue soiree,
the setup you will need is diagrammed below. the above setup
is ok if you will just be barbecuing a few sausages and maybe
selling a bit of crack.

legend:
o = united nations "peace-keeping" force
x = barbed wire
* = land mine
u = mortar
<--< = machine gun
w = weapons pit
a = anti-armour crew (tow, sraaw, karl gustav etc)
d = anti-armour obstacle (trench, dragon's teeth etc)

oo o o o o
*** o o ooo o *** <--<w
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ddd *** ddd *** ddd
a a a
x x x
x x x
x x x
*** *** ***
w w w
^ ^
| |
^ ^

u--u
u u
u u

note how the wire and mines channel the peace-keeping force
into the fields of fire of the machine guns so that they will be
caught in a deadly crossfire. also, when the united nations
armour tries to get around the anti-tank obstacles, this is
when the anti-armour crews have to fire and move back to the
weapons pits. the machine guns and the riflemen in the pits
give covering fire to give the anti-armour d00ds some chance
of making it to the pits. but let's face it, your going to
lose a couple of these guys. it is best to use some of your
more expendable guests in this role, maybe somebody who
didn't bring any meat or booze? meanwhile, the 60mm mortars
in the bbq baseplate should direct fire onto the peace keepers
hung up on the wire and also the ones being marshalled for a
counter attack. use the 80mm mortars against any armoured vehicles
that the anti-armour d00ds may have missed, or who may be trying to
flank your position.

if there is any interest, i also have some plans for defending your
bbq against united nations air raids.

cheers
brian

--
how did the united nations get to be world government anyway?
i didn't vote for them!

--->o---//--- Cut ---\\---o<--- --->o---//--- Cut ---\\---o<---

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jere Kahanpaa

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Chris Costello <ch...@freebsd.org> wrote:

: Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
:> I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
:> duh!".
: I am the only person who got this.

Nah. But BSD helps as the EGCS in L:x isn't free as beer.

Jere

Bill Newcomb

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
In article <8vuko4$5khtk$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
> > duh!".
>
> I am the only person who got this.

Sadly, you are mistaken.

--
u e s i s c m | Nothing to see here
n k @ p e . o | Move along

Joseph Michael Bay

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> writes:

>Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
>> I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
>> duh!".

> I am the only person who got this.

This is the whole point of ARK, isn't it?

--
o Joe Bay o Cancer Biology o Stanford University o Califr0nia o
Get out of my way, all of you! This is no ASOMA POWAAA!!!

Chris Costello

Nov 28, 2000, 10:30:42 PM11/28/00
Bill Newcomb <nu...@rot13.fcvrf.com> wrote:
> In article <8vuko4$5khtk$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
> Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
>> > I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
>> > duh!".
>>
>> I am the only person who got this.

> Sadly, you are mistaken.

YHBT. YHL. HAND.

- Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org>

Peter Seebach

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
In article <901t92$5tn20$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> YHBT. YHL. HAND.

Actually, *you've* been trolled. Bill Newcomb was, in fact, the person
who originally *set up* the EGCS team, and, as this email proves, did it
*specifically to fool you*.

Date: May 1, 1998
From: Bill Newcomb <address munged>
Subject: Branch GCC! Fool Chris Costello!

It has occurred to me that an experimental branch of gcc could be
named "EGCS" - the "Experimental GNU Compilation System". This would
almost certainly be misread as "EGGS". Potentially, this could
prepare the way for an off-topic thread in alt.religion.kibology.
Make sure not to tell Chris Costello; I hope he will say "I am the
only person who got this" when someone makes a joke about EGGS.

With any luck, we will be able to convince him that he has
successfully trolled us.

-s
--
Copyright 2000, All rights reserved. Peter Seebach / se...@plethora.net
C/Unix wizard, Pro-commerce radical, Spam fighter. Boycott Spamazon!

Chris Costello

Nov 30, 2000, 12:42:18 AM11/30/00
Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
> Actually, *you've* been trolled. Bill Newcomb was, in fact, the person
> who originally *set up* the EGCS team, and, as this email proves, did it
> *specifically to fool you*.

> Date: May 1, 1998
> From: Bill Newcomb <address munged>
> Subject: Branch GCC! Fool Chris Costello!

> It has occurred to me that an experimental branch of gcc could be
> named "EGCS" - the "Experimental GNU Compilation System". This would
> almost certainly be misread as "EGGS". Potentially, this could
> prepare the way for an off-topic thread in alt.religion.kibology.
> Make sure not to tell Chris Costello; I hope he will say "I am the
> only person who got this" when someone makes a joke about EGGS.

> With any luck, we will be able to convince him that he has
> successfully trolled us.

I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
fooled him into starting this project.

- Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org>

Peter Seebach

Nov 30, 2000, 1:43:31 AM11/30/00
In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
>fooled him into starting this project.

NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!

Plorkwort

Nov 30, 2000, 2:00:24 AM11/30/00
The moving finger of Chris Costello wrote <ch...@FreeBSD.org:

>Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
>> I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
>> duh!".
>
> I am the only person who got this.

perhaps, but I started giggling while trying to find the right
version of glibc to upgrade to when a list of various egcs rpms showed up
in the rmpfind results. Possibly it was an aftereffect of the moderate
wackiness imparted to the rest of the day by having watched "Mujeres al
Bordo de un Ataque de Nervios" earlier. The (non-sweet) prospect of
finals next week is not doing anything for my coherency.

Plorkwort

--
Valentine: Is there anything in it? That we are all doomed? Oh, yes, it's
called the second law of thermodynamics. Hannah: Was it known about?

Paradigm Lost

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
In article <cWmV5.57$x3.1099@uchinews>,
aswe...@midway.uchicago.edu (Plorkwort) wrote:

> The (non-sweet) prospect of finals next week is not doing anything
> for my coherency.

Masters of the Art of Zen spend years trying to clear their mind of all
thoughts, which are just noise against the background of the universe,
and think of nothing but nothingness.

Me, I just sit an exam.

--
--Karl "SOUNDTRACK: Anywhere is, Enya"

http://members.nbci.com/ParadigmLost <--NOTHING AND EVERYTHING

Bill Newcomb

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
In article <3a257b90$0$614$3c09...@news.plethora.net>,
Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
> In article <901t92$5tn20$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
> Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > YHBT. YHL. HAND.

> Actually, *you've* been trolled. Bill Newcomb was, in fact, the person
> who originally *set up* the EGCS team, and, as this email proves, did it
> *specifically to fool you*.
>
> Date: May 1, 1998
> From: Bill Newcomb <address munged>
> Subject: Branch GCC! Fool Chris Costello!
>
> It has occurred to me that an experimental branch of gcc could be
> named "EGCS" - the "Experimental GNU Compilation System". This would
> almost certainly be misread as "EGGS". Potentially, this could
> prepare the way for an off-topic thread in alt.religion.kibology.
> Make sure not to tell Chris Costello; I hope he will say "I am the
> only person who got this" when someone makes a joke about EGGS.
>
> With any luck, we will be able to convince him that he has
> successfully trolled us.

Whew! I'm glad someone kept that. I had to erase my copy, as I
didn't want to be found with it in case something went wrong...

Joseph Michael Bay

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

>In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
>Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
>>fooled him into starting this project.

>NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!

I am the only person who gets this.

Ben Wolfson

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
Plorkwort <aswe...@midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>The (non-sweet) prospect of
>finals next week is not doing anything for my coherency.

HAW HAW!! I don't have any finals a-tall!

--
BTR | So... I want to thank you for the box full of cockroaches. They are my
favorite. And thanks for the ziploc bag of semen, because, well ... you

Beable van Polasm

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
jm...@Stanford.EDU (Joseph Michael Bay) writes:

> se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> >In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
> >Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
> >>fooled him into starting this project.
>
> >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
>
> I am the only person who gets this.

I am the only person who gets THIS.

cheers
Beable van Polasm
--

Why couldn't they have used giant pulsating space lobsters instead?
-- Plorkwort | IQC 78189333

Ted Frank

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
In article <m3aeahq...@beable.van.polasm.bigpond.com>,

Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>jm...@Stanford.EDU (Joseph Michael Bay) writes:
>> se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>> >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
>>
>> I am the only person who gets this.
>
>I am the only person who gets THIS.

Sorry, mister, it's giant pulsating space lobsters all the way down.

-- Douglas Adams Hofstadter
--
"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
-- Woody Allen

Chris Costello

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
Ted Frank <m...@radix.net> wrote:
> Sorry, mister, it's giant pulsating space lobsters all the way down.

> -- Douglas Adams Hofstadter

This reminds me of a dream I had the other day...

- Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org>

Peter Seebach

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
In article <906816$6...@elaine6.Stanford.EDU>,
Joseph Michael Bay <jm...@Stanford.EDU> wrote:

>se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>
>>In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
>>Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
>>>fooled him into starting this project.
>
>>NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!

>I am the only person who gets this.

I am the only person who gets this.

Peter Seebach

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
In article <m3aeahq...@beable.van.polasm.bigpond.com>,
Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>I am the only person who gets THIS.

JINX!

-s
p.s.: "the".

Mark Hill

Nov 30, 2000, 8:35:01 PM11/30/00
Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> writes:
> jm...@Stanford.EDU (Joseph Michael Bay) writes:
> > se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> >
> > >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
> >
> > I am the only person who gets this.
>
> I am the only person who gets THIS.

I don't get it.

Extreme Banker

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00

jm...@Stanford.EDU (Joseph Michael Bay) wrote:
> se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>
> >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
>
> I am the only person who gets this.

Well, I sure as hell don't, and y'all know how I love riding the
cutting edge of technology.

--
"So it is possible to tickle yourself, but only by using robots"
-- Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, University College of London

Bill Newcomb

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

Or so you were permitted to believe...

Bill Newcomb

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <906816$6...@elaine6.Stanford.EDU>,

Joseph Michael Bay <jm...@Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>
> >In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
> >Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
> >>fooled him into starting this project.
>
> >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
>
> I am the only person who gets this.

You are Sam, Sam you am, and I claim my fox and my socks, IYKWIM.

Peter Seebach

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
In article <908ob4$f3a$1...@localhost.localdomain>,

Bill Newcomb <nu...@ROT13.fcvrf.com> wrote:
>In article <904pbp$81tu$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,
>Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> I actually trolled Bill Newcomb on April 31, 1998, whereby I
>> fooled him into starting this project.

>Or so you were permitted to believe...

I am the only person who gets this!

-s

Chris Costello

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
> I am the only person who gets this!

I am the only person who gets this.

- Alex Chiu <ch...@FreeBSD.org>

Ben Wolfson

Dec 1, 2000, 7:39:20 PM12/1/00
In article <9092qv$dl00$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
>> I am the only person who gets this!
>
> I am the only person who gets this.

I am the only person.

Christopher Adams

Dec 2, 2000, 1:30:34 AM12/2/00
>>> I am the only person who gets this!
>>
>> I am the only person who gets this.
>
> I am the only person.

There can be only one? You are Connor "You cruisin' for a piece of ass?"
McLeod and I claim my Scottish-accented Spanish companion from Japan.

--
Christopher Adams

A man of no fortune, and with a name to come.
-------------

Al Gore: I want to make sure every vote is counted!
(When I'm president I'll have you all killed.
Stupid monkeys. You cannot comprehend my brilliance.)

- Jaffo

You've got guts. As will soon be apparent, when you explode.

- "Black Mask," dubbed.

BenZilla the Somewhat Nifty

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <YwXV5.190$x3.3081@uchinews>, wol...@midway.uchicago.edu
(Ben Wolfson) wrote:

::: In article <9092qv$dl00$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

::: Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
::: >Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
::: >> I am the only person who gets this!
::: >
::: > I am the only person who gets this.
:::
::: I am the only person.

who?
--
oh no, they say he's got to go
go go benzilla!

With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

BenZilla the Somewhat Nifty

Ben Wolfson

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <benzilla-7B72DB...@news.ixpres.com>,

BenZilla the Somewhat Nifty <benz...@inow.com> wrote:
>In article <YwXV5.190$x3.3081@uchinews>, wol...@midway.uchicago.edu
>(Ben Wolfson) wrote:
>
>::: In article <9092qv$dl00$1...@ID-26022.news.dfncis.de>,

>::: Chris Costello <ch...@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>::: >Peter Seebach <se...@plethora.net> wrote:
>::: >> I am the only person who gets this!
>::: >
>::: > I am the only person who gets this.
>:::
>::: I am the only person.
>
>who?

Precisely.

David DeLaney

Dec 3, 2000, 12:44:27 AM12/3/00
[repost repost no you haven't seen it yet it didn't propagate yet repost]

Beable van Polasm <bea...@my-deja.com> writes:
>jm...@Stanford.EDU (Joseph Michael Bay) writes:
>> se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

>> >NOOOOOO!!! MY BREAKFAST OF HAM8 AND EGCS WAS RUINED!
>>

>> I am the only person who gets this.
>

>I am the only person who gets THIS.

I must be the only person who's not getting any of This.

Dave "I do believe Peter got this 'this' though" DeLaney

[PS: Yes, being a day and a half late spoils the point. I -did- write it then
though, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it]
--
\/David DeLaney d...@panacea.phys.utk.edu "It's not the pot that grows the flower
http://panacea.phys.utk.edu/~dbd/ - net.legends FAQ/ I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Daniel Buettner

Dec 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/4/00
Plorkwort <aswe...@midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> The moving finger of Chris Costello wrote <ch...@FreeBSD.org:
>>Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
>>> I wacky-parsed that as "FREE EGCS", and I thought "well,
>>> duh!".
>>
>> I am the only person who got this.
>
> perhaps, but I started giggling while trying to find the right
> version of glibc to upgrade to when a list of various egcs rpms showed up
> in the rmpfind results.

Personally, I started laughing after I spent a few hours
foolishly trying to build gnome from source. I don't abide
rpms, so I was busily typing ./configure and then downloading
the next library that gnome complained about not finding.
It became abundantly clear that the gnome developers don't
actually want anyone to use their product, which is okay by
me since I only wanted the gnome-libs in order to build
gnapster.

BLACKBOX 4-EVER!!!!!!1!

--
~
~

Dag Right-square-bracket-gren

Dec 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/5/00
Daniel Buettner <buet...@cse.unl.edu> wrote:

> BLACKBOX 4-EVER!!!!!!1!

BackBox is the only program ever to compile without changes on the
fucked-up Solaris boxen here at uni. Since then, I have faithfully used it
as my wm.

--
Dag Agren <> d...@c3.cx <> http://www.abo.fi/~dagren/ <> Legalize oregano
"Napster is such a Hippie idea -- an electronic commune.