Annan Warns Against Anti-Muslim Actions In West

Abu-Alwafa

Dec 13, 2003, 6:30:50 PM12/13/03
Annan Warns Against Anti-Muslim Actions In West

By Khaled Schmidt, IOL Germany Correspondent

TUEBINGEN, Germany, December 13 (IslamOnline.net) - U.N. Secretary-General
Kofi Annan warned Friday, December 12, that Western pressures and continuous
profiling against Islam would likely lead to a real and strong conflict
between the two civilizations.

In his speech before the symposium on "World Peace Via Inter-Faith Dialogue"
, in the southern German University of Tuebingen, Annan said that the 9/11
attacks - condemned by all - were not a justification for polarizing the
West and Islam or for people to behave "as if Islamic and Western values
were incompatible".

"They are not (incompatible), as millions of devout Muslims living here in
Germany, and elsewhere in the West, would be the first to tell you. Yet,
many of those Muslims now find themselves the objects of suspicion,
harassment and discrimination, while in parts of the Islamic world anyone
associated with the West or Western values is exposed to hostility and even
violence," Annan added.

Annan went on to say that many Western societies that consider themselves
modern and civilized, as well as Westerners who see themselves as democratic
and liberals have "practiced a great deal of discrimination and intolerance
against Muslims.

The U.N. chief further expressed his rejection of generalizing negative
typical stereotypes against any religion on the ground that some of
followers committed some wrongdoing.

He also said "no certain western categories are entitled to harass Muslims
and discriminate against them while on the other hand, claim being the
defenders of values of equality, justice, tolerance and human rights".

In a clear swipe at the U.S., Annan said that international law did not give
any state the right to try by force to dictate its own governing system on
others and declare itself guardian thereon, even if it enjoyed a democratic
regime.

In another hint at Guantanamo detainees, the U.N. head called what he termed
"claimers of the values of freedom and equality before the justice system to
apply and generalize these values to their enemies and friends alike".

Globalization Under Fire

In his speech to the symposium, organized by the World Values Corporation -
established in 1996 by German Theology and Oreintalism Professor Dr. Hans
Kueng - Annan also launched a fierce attack on globalization movement,
saying it took a wrong direction away from human ethics and world ethical
values, dictated by the United Nations during the last decades.

He slammed the widening gap between the rich and poor, weak and strong "in a
way that made it highly difficult to bridge such a gap among societies and
even within each society".

Kueng has establish his corporation as an initiative to stand up to the
theory of "Conflict of Civilizations" in 1993 by the U.S. thinker Samuel P.
Huntington whose theory anticipated an inevitable conflict between Islamic
and Western civilizations.

Kueng's corporation, upon its foundation, adopted a logo saying: "No peace
among nations without peace among religions. No peace among religions
without dialogue".

http://islamonline.net

Sunny

Dec 13, 2003, 7:15:44 PM12/13/03

"Abu-Alwafa" <almared...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Annan Warns Against Anti-Muslim Actions In West

And over cocktails, mentioned in passing, "that Muslims are murdering
innocent people around the World."

Bob

Dec 13, 2003, 11:48:54 PM12/13/03
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:30:50 +0200, "Abu-Alwafa"
<almared...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Annan Warns Against Anti-Muslim Actions In West
>
>By Khaled Schmidt, IOL Germany Correspondent
>
>TUEBINGEN, Germany, December 13 (IslamOnline.net) - U.N. Secretary-General
>Kofi Annan warned Friday, December 12, that Western pressures and continuous
>profiling against Islam would likely lead to a real and strong conflict
>between the two civilizations.

wonder if anyone told annan about 9/11 in the US?

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field

check my blog at:
http://www.bobview.blogspot.com/

uragoner

Dec 14, 2003, 9:52:23 AM12/14/03

FI

Dec 14, 2003, 3:24:35 PM12/14/03
> TUEBINGEN, Germany, December 13 (IslamOnline.net) - U.N. Secretary-General
> Kofi Annan warned Friday, December 12, that Western pressures and
continuous
> profiling against Islam would likely lead to a real and strong conflict
> between the two civilizations.

No shit!
It must be stopped at all costs! Otherwise, muslims won't even be able
to take over European countries and implement Sharia there!
Where does it all end? Do muslims really have to live in, and screw up,
just the middle east? How oppressing!

The Proud Infidel

Dec 15, 2003, 12:40:11 PM12/15/03
The UN is a terrorist supporting organization anyhow so who cares what they
say. To them dwarf tossing took precidence over the war against terrorism.
It is obvious what their intentions are. We just keep them there for a good
laugh.

"FI" <nom...@nomail.com> wrote in message

Rajesh Khanna

Dec 16, 2003, 2:34:36 AM12/16/03
Is Annan a Muslim? I think in general, U.S and Britain have nagative
views about Muslim. In the Movies and T.V shows they allways protray the
Terrorist and Murderers.

Also they fail to integrate them fully into their socially and politically.
So would push them into the terror cell and easy for Bin laden to recruit
them.

So we create some the problem for ourselves.

"Bob" <wf...@ptnosm.com> wrote in message

---

The Holy Kafir

Dec 16, 2003, 3:20:50 AM12/16/03

"Rajesh Khanna" <pare...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Is Annan a Muslim? I think in general, U.S and Britain have nagative
> views about Muslim. In the Movies and T.V shows they allways protray the
> Terrorist and Murderers.

Maybe you muslims should stop blowing things up, not to mention stealing,
raping, theft, murder, you know, that kinda thing.

> Also they fail to integrate them fully into their socially and
politically.
> So would push them into the terror cell and easy for Bin laden to recruit
> them.

How very convenient for you to portray them as victims.

Heretic

Dec 16, 2003, 5:15:40 AM12/16/03

"Rajesh Khanna" <pare...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Is Annan a Muslim? I think in general, U.S and Britain have nagative
> views about Muslim. In the Movies and T.V shows they allways protray the
> Terrorist and Murderers.
>
> Also they fail to integrate them fully into their socially and
politically.
> So would push them into the terror cell and easy for Bin laden to recruit
> them.
>
>>British bastards ruled whole whole world, now it time for Islam to rule
>>British white pigs. They are lowest of the Human creatures.

>>British comminted crime in colonies dwarfs the crime commited by saddam
>>hussain and his Batth party.

Remember this post you put up ? With an attitude like this I think any
negative attidude about Islam is entirely appropriate. My advice to everyone
that doesn't like the UK or USA is "If you don't like a country then get the
Fuck out"..

The Proud Infidel

Dec 17, 2003, 1:41:35 AM12/17/03
There is a reason for that. The free world prefers humans rather than
animals to be part of society.

Rajesh Khanna

Dec 18, 2003, 11:52:03 PM12/18/03
I am not a Muslim. I did feel sad when Iraq was invaded. It is shame to
invade a poor country who did not have WMD.

"The Holy Kafir" <x@x.x> wrote in message

The Holy Kafir

Dec 19, 2003, 12:56:15 AM12/19/03

> I am not a Muslim.

Good.

> I did feel sad when Iraq was invaded. It is shame to
> invade a poor country who did not have WMD.

They did at one time, that is undeniable, if they still had them, that
remains to be seen.

Richard Dell

Dec 19, 2003, 5:35:05 AM12/19/03
"Rajesh Khanna" <pare...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> I am not a Muslim. I did feel sad when Iraq was invaded. It is shame to
> invade a poor country who did not have WMD.

It WAS a rich country and would have been richer still. Iraq could have been the
Japan of South West Asia - it has oil, water, agriculture and well educated
people. The Thief of Baghdad, Saddam Hussein diverted their energies and lives
to weapons acquisition and war - first against Iran, then when the bank was
empty against Kuwait. During the 1990s, he built enormous lavish palaces for
himself, while suppressing the entire population. If you want to see what Iraq
can do without Saddam (and with a bit of American help), read this:
http://www.brookesnews.com/031512iraqtruth.html.

Such is the damage that power in the wrong hands can do, and an emphatic
underlining of the statement of Jawaharlal Nehru: "Democracy is good. I say this
because other systems are worse." http://democracy.ru/english/quotes.php. Its
strength is not in appointing the right rulers, but the ability to get rid of
the wrong ones.

Rajesh Khanna

Dec 20, 2003, 8:42:27 PM12/20/03
I understand that every thing you said below. But that does not justify
the Invation of small country with the lies on WMD.

We and other western countries played important part in helping saddam
hussain and Bin Laden, Taliban most recent supported the coup in Pakistan.

Our best friends are Dictators because the are easy to deal without any
democratic process checking them. Let me list oor best friends with
Dictators below.

Pakistan--Now with
Iraq-During Saddam Hussain raj in 1978
Iran- During Shah rule
Suadi-Since the Kingdom was founded
Jordon--Good Friend
Egypt-- Mubarak is good Friend, but people do not like him much-he has been
there since Saddat was assasinated
Indonesia- Shuharto bad guy- ousted
Philipine- Marcos Bad guy
Malaysia- So so
Thailand--King as a Dictator
Singapour--- Dictator

Also we had good lagacy of supporting dictators in Latin America.

I can go on and on ---

Our interest in Democracy is only self serving and it does not go beyond our
borders.
"Richard Dell" <rfd...@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote in message

William S. Hubbard

Dec 20, 2003, 11:43:19 PM12/20/03

nobody cares what "Famous Anus" has to say...