ONGOING PATTANAM EXCAVATIONS AND CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY FABRICATIONS

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

May 26, 2011, 1:31:51 PM5/26/11
Forwarded message from S. Kalyanaraman

Ongoing Pattanam excavations and missionary fabrications

Thursday, May 26, 2011

See also:

http://haindavakeralam.com/HkPage.aspx?PAGEID=13876&SKIN=C

What happens at Pattanam?

The historical Chera capital Muziris at Kodungallur in Thrissur
district of Kerala has aroused much curiosity among archaeologists
and historians. It is not just the status of Chera monarchy which
escalates the position of Muziris in history. As a premier port in
west coast involved in maritime trade with Mediterranean region,
Muziris gained importance along with Arikamedu in east coast of
Tamilnadu. Sites in and around Kodungallur where early Muziris is
supposed to have been located was excavated by veteran archaeologists
such as P. Anujan Achan (1947), K.V.Raman and K.V.Saundararajan
(1969-70). Archaeological sites such as Cheraman Parambu,
Thiruvanchikulam, Karuppadanna, Mathilakam, Kilatali and
Thrikkulasekharapuram provided cultural remains of iron and copper
tools, glass beads, semi precious stones, ceramics of dull red ware,
celadon ware roof tiles, earthen lamps and coins. They are all dated
between 900-1100 A.D.

Currently the Kerala Council of Historical Research backed by the
dept of culture, Govt. of Kerala launched a mammoth cultural project
– Muziris Heritage project. It excavated Pattanam a site in
Eranakulam district of Kerala. As admitted by Dr. P. J. Cheriyan,
director of the excavations, the site of Pattanam was identified from
documents of a Portuguese Priest Bishop Francisco Ros S. J.  Dr.
P.J.Cheriyan is neither an archaeologist nor a faculty in Ancient
Indian history. The theme of his Ph.D research was "Communist
movement in Vayalar-Punnpra region of south Kerala". The consultants
involved in Pattanam excavation are modern historians such as Prof.
K. N. Panikar, K. N. Ganesh, Michal Tharakan and K. K. N. Kurup who
have been pivotal in fabricating and interpreting the 1921 Muslim
rioting and spine chilling Hindu Carnage in Malabar as peasant
uprising and freedom struggle.

With these cultural remains the chronology of Pattanam has been taken
back to 1000 B.C and declared 'Alexandria of the East'. Further
P.J.Cheriyan director of the excavations has proclaimed that the
Pattanam excavations hints to a 'Pre-Brahmanic (Read pre-Hindu) south
India', with Mediterranean cultural links. The Minister for cultural
M.A.Baby has made an official declaration holding 'Benale' festival -
- an Italian festival from Kodungallur to Kochi. Extravagant
publicity has been given in print and visual media, especially
controlled by left groups and Christian denominations. Rupees 200
crores has been announced for setting up 25 museums in the region and
applying for World Heritage site status from UNESCO. The left and the
Christian religious groups also intend to construct a Roman Christian
heritage colony commemorating apostle Thomas. Unaccounted money has
been pouring in for this project, from out side India.

"South India has a Pre-Brahminic  past which links it with west Asia
and the Mediterranean" This whimsical yet premeditated statement was
made by Dr.P.J.Cherian , Director of  Pattanam excavations, while
addressing students at Newman's collage , Muvattupuzha in Eranakulam
distict. Dr.Cherian did not give just a conventional statement at a
gathering. It was well orchestrated with divisive and communal
objectives reminiscent of Bishop Robert Caldwell and such Christian
missionaries who launched racial and ethnic theories of Aryan and
Dravidian, north and south to undermine India's cultural integrity.

Metropolitan Mar Aprem Mookan of church of east and also head of St.
Eprem Ecumenical Research Institute in Kerala issued a statement in
2011 that attempts to trace the Syrian Christian link with St. Thomas
has received a stimulus when 180 rare documents were digitized.
Dr.P.J.Cheriyan applauded the Metropolitan and stated that such an
edition of religious texts of St. Thomas Christians is a turning
point in history. Dr.Cheriyan further stated that recent excavations
in Kerala have found evidence of a 2000 year old port city at a site-
pattanam-where St. Thomas is believed to have landed in 52 A.D.

At this juncture in April 2011 Bishop of Kottappuram Dr. Joseph
Karikkasserry addressed a congregation of the faithful at St. Thomas
church of Kodungallur constructed as a monument to Apostle Thomas.
The Bishop urged that the St. Thomas church should be included in the
Muziris Heritage Project which is part of Pattanam  archeological
excavations.

Except a small brick wall described as a wharf, the Pattanam
excavations have neither unearthed structures nor settlement remains,
or such rich antiquities. Few Mediterranean ceramics such as Terra
siggilatta (8 sherds) Turquoise glazed patlery (161 sherds)  twelve
fragments of Roman glass bowls, megalithic beads  as well as
Rouletted ware, human bone fragments and 8 sherds with Tamil-Brahmi
inscriptions have been unearthed from Pattanam and  has been
interpreted as one of the biggest urban sites in south India. The
vacant trenches at the site provides no evidence rather no
construction of any settlement in the past to resemble urban
morphology. What they described as a wharf was nothing but a recent
construction using burnt red bricks and cement. It has been
demolished and dumped at a corner. The trenches are being filled with
soil and closed by them to prevent further enquiries.

There are strong doubts whether certain antiquities have been really
excavated or implanted at the site.

This is a part of well orchestrated religio-political strategy to
identify Pattanam as ancient Muziris and corroborate it as the
mythical arrival place of St. Thomas to India, his conversion of
native Hindus and his martyrdom at the hands of Shaivaite Brahmins.
The left intends to prove theoretically with fabricated archeological
data that urbanization in south India was the out come of bustling
trade with Mediterranean. With the decline of Roman Empire the trade
received a set back which led to urban decay in south India. The out
come was a dark period followed by growth of temples, caste system,
slavery and dominance of Brahmanical feudalism.

The excavations at Pattanam intend to provide an ideological mileage
to left. Simultaneously it juxtaposes the cultural chronology with
the arrival of St. Thomas. The political left in Kerala intends to
hijack the traditional Christian vote bank of the Congress party. As
a gesture the left has promised providing historical validity to the
St. Thomas tradition of converting Hindus. The left historians and
cultural intelligentsia terms this process as multi cultural
synthesis. The Christian denominations in Kerala has already demanded
making of St. Thomas tradition part of Muziris Heritage project, and
declare his assassination by Shaivate Brahmins as history.

The hand bone of apostle Thomas is currently exhibited as 'sacred
remains' at the St. Thomas Church of Kodungallur which is heading to
get the status of heritage museum and pilgrimage centre.

Such is the eagerness to fabricate facts and prove that Christianity
was established in Kerala nearly 900 years before the growth of Hindu
society. It intends to substantiate that the socio-cultural
development of Hindus is based on a strong ideological and cultural
foundation provided by the Christian church.

Conclusions have already been drawn before the pattanam excavations
were launched. It is intends to prove that Kerala as a geo-cultural
zone had little interaction beyond Vindhyas. The cultural growth of
kerala was stimulated by its interaction with Mediterranean culture.
If any evidence of Kerala interactions with greater India exits it
has been develop in the last one millennium through Brahmanical
migrations and cast ideology.

To disprove such fabrications which will transform into political
movements and bifurcation issues as in Nagaland and Kashmir,we have
launched the Muzuris Heritage protection council as the first step of
ideological encounter. Historians and archaeologists have contributed
articles on various aspects of Muzuris. We request a valuable article
from you on a topic untouched by others. The excavations are intended
to demolish the cultural status of Kodungallur, the richest cultural
site in Kerala and invent a new site to suit the joint interests of
left and the church. The Christian church intends to take its
antiquity 800 years before Sri Shankaracharya using archeology and
make a claim that Advaita is a gift of the Christian church to the
Indian cultural foundations. Further the church aims to legitimize
its claim to proselytization.

End of forwarded message from S. Kalyanaraman

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

-----

A previous post:

A KERALA MODEL ARYAN INVASION IS TO SET SAIL

Forwarded message from S. N.

Monday, May 23, 2011

This is not the first time they does this distorting of history

so even what ever findings is there it also got masked/hid for
bringing in their agenda, wheter it is christian, brahmin, muslim
nair agenda or communists agenda.

End of forwarded message from S. N.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

> [...]
> > > archaeological excavation is named by the authorities as such].
> > >
> > > So far millions of rupees have been spent by the Government of Kerala
> > > for the publicity for the Pattanam excavations in print and visual
> > > media. The director of the project P. J. Cheriyan who has no paper or
> > > book on archeology to his credit hitherto has announced that Pattanam
> > > excavations provide evidence of a pre-Brahminical South India. Is it
> > > intended to attest that Aryan Invasion theory applies to Kerala and
> > > all Brahmins of Kerala are Aryans and others are Dravidians?
> > >
> > > The minister for cultural affairs M. A. Baby has made an official
> > > declaration of holding "Benale" festival -- an Italian festival -- from
> > > Kodungalloor to Kochi [Cochin] reminiscent of cultural Rome. After
> > > Valentine's Day, Benale is ready to counter traditional Hindu
> > > celebrations with globalised aroma. It is, no doubt, intended to
> > > cultivate an alien culture in around the capital city of an ancient
> > > Hindu kingdom, the Cheras. Millions of rupees have been announced for
> > > this festival and setting up of 25 museums and for heritage site
> > > status from UNESCO.
> > >
> > > It is an orchestrated strategy to identify Pattanam as ancient Muzris
> > > and subsequently to corroborate it with the mythical arrival of
> > > Thomas, the disciple of Jesus, in 52 of C.E as well as his conversion
> > > of native Hindus to Christianity. The ongoing excavation at Pattanam
> > > has taken the chronology of the site to circa 100 CE to juxtapose
> > > with the religious conversion theory of Thomas. With this objective
> > > archaeology and history is concealed, fabricated and misapprehended.
> > > The Left Front also intends to hijack the traditional Christian vote-
> > > bank which has remained intact with the congress and UDF till now.
> > > Such is the strategy to turn conversion myth of St. Thomas into
> > > history and grant legitimacy to ongoing conversion of Hindus and
> > > interpret it as mute cultural synthesis. Such is the eagerness to
> > > fabricate facts and substantiate that Christianity was established in
> > > Kerala a millennium before the formation of Hindu society and hence
> > > the socio-cultural growth of Hindus is based on foundation
> > > contributed by the Christian Church here.
> > >
> > > Conclusions have already been drawn before the Pattanam excavation
> > > was launched. It is intended to prove that Kerala as a geo-cultural
> > > zone had little interaction with the rest of India. The socio-
> > > cultural growth of Kerala has been developed by its interaction with
> > > the Mediterranean. If evidences of Kerala's interaction with Greater
> > > India exists, it is just marginal and which developed by the last few
> > > centuries. This is the constructed conclusion of Pattanam excavation.
> > > Hence the question comes before us: "Is Aryan invasion theory to set
> > > sail in the South?"
> > >
> > > http://haindavakeralam.com/HkPage.aspx?PAGEID=13876&SKIN=C
> > >
> > > Also: http://apostlethomasindia.wordpress.com/
> > >
> > > End of forwarded message from S. Kalyanaraman

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

fanabba

May 26, 2011, 4:04:22 PM5/26/11
On May 26, 1:31 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
> this post may be reposted several times.- Hide quoted text -

This is a fabrication like the others, to justify conversion of
Hindus.
Jesus Lived in India and studied Hinduism, Buddhism.
Jesus did not die at the cross. Christianity must acknowledge its
Hindu-Buddhistic roots.

P. Rajah

May 27, 2011, 1:36:58 PM5/27/11
On 5/26/2011 4:04 PM, fanabba wrote:

> This is a fabrication like the others, to justify conversion of
> Hindus.
> Jesus Lived in India and studied Hinduism, Buddhism.
> Jesus did not die at the cross. Christianity must acknowledge its
> Hindu-Buddhistic roots.

But weren't you giggling in acquiscence to the view that Jesus was "a
pure myth"? Can't have it both ways, you jackass!

--
Astrology: Fraud or Superstition?
http://www.seesharppress.com/astro.html

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jun 17, 2011, 4:38:26 PM6/17/11

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jun 28, 2011, 1:48:01 PM6/28/11
In article <ac76976f-e717-4159...@s9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
fanabba <fan...@aol.com> posted:

> [...]

> he

> on

> he

> th
> as

> ..

> la
> or
> am

> from

> or

> is
> on

> ..

> e-

> in

> ew
> n.

> This is a fabrication like the others, to justify conversion of
> Hindus.
> Jesus Lived in India and studied Hinduism, Buddhism.
> Jesus did not die at the cross. Christianity must acknowledge its

Dhanyavaad for your comment. I've met Christians who did acknowledge
the roots, as you mention above. They became Hindus after they
studied the principles of Sanatan Dharm.