a lurker's vote-Bruce Maltz for best poster

BlueDolphinWeb

Jan 14, 2002, 7:54:39 PM1/14/02
Well, Craig, hey, those quotes you posted from Bruce were Old, and you know how
much you don't like it when your old quotes are brought up, since you have now
changed.
I have to agree with Mercia that in the past few weeks Bruce's posts have been
quite excellent, both for serious to the point commentary as well as for humor.

Karyn

Jan 14, 2002, 6:10:48 PM1/14/02
bluedol...@aol.com (BlueDolphinWeb) wrote:
>Well, Craig, hey, those quotes you posted from Bruce were Old, and you know how
>much you don't like it when your old quotes are brought up, since you have now
>changed.

Really now? They are from the past two months. In fact,
the one in which he calls for the elimination of ALL religion
is less than two weeks old.
But I know in the gak anything over a week is considered "old"

BTW- the original old Maltz posts always ended with
"Don't get your pants in a bunch"
It's always been Bruce Maltz against the world.

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't say"
Bruce Maltz

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

"Thanks,, actually, YES, I have NO FAITH in Daishonin,
why should I? Was he Jogyo? Buddha? Madman? Bodhisattva?
what was he... flesh blood and bones like everyone else,
seven openings in this body that ooze puss and urine and dung"
Bruce Maltz

"Bruce is a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra. He therefore follows the
exact instructions by Nichiren."
Mercia Nitzsche.

"Bruce has not recognised at all that I totally support
his views in the Dharma."
Mercia Nitzsche

Jan 14, 2002, 6:19:00 PM1/14/02
bluedol...@aol.com (BlueDolphinWeb) wrote:
>I have to agree with Mercia that in the past few weeks Bruce's posts have been
>quite excellent, both for serious to the point commentary as well as for humor.
>Karyn

That's interesting considering he just wrote this 10 days ago on
January 5th, 2002:

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

and he wrote this just 2 days ago

"Remember, I don't care so much about
what Nichiren did or didn't say"

arbn 2002-01-13

But that's nothing compared to some of the wacky stuff
SGI members have come up with on arbn

"Today, people can have any kind of Gohonzon they want. All bets are off and
things will become wide open."
Mulcogi Seng on the new age IRG board

'So, is a particular Gohonzon mandala necessary? Well, if it is, the
Dasihonin was quite unmerciful in not giving one to ALL of his followers.
...by "envisioning the ultimate reality", or "knowing that to see
one's mind is to see the Buddha" one is in the presence of the Buddha
and the Law. Which means you CAN manifest your faith and practice,
and achieve kyochi myogo, while looking at your computer screen.'
Jim Cub (arbn)

"It's your HP who is quoted saying "Gohonzon in Sanctuary is fake!"
I don't believe it matters whether that particular Gohonzon is fake or
real, it is clear from the Gosho what Nichiren wanted us to believe"
Chris Holte (arbn)

"I didn't say I have a block of camphor wood (I wish I did!).
If I could get my hands on your block of camphor wood, I'd
make as many copies as I dared!"
Chris Holte

" I would try, to the best of my ability, to inscribe a Gohonzon,
in English if I had to. I would draw it on a cocktail napkin if
that was all I had, or paint it on the side of a mountain!"
Marilyn Carino (arbn)

"As for cocktail napkins, if there were nothing better available, and
one wanted to perpetuate the Law, one would use what is available that
allows them to act in the same mind as Nichiren."
Jim Celer

"I have admitted that there are gaps in my understanding
of what constitutes a valid Gohonzon - that is, I don't
know about Gohonzons inscribed on napkins or rutabagas"
Brian Holly (arbn)

> Did you ever figure out what makes a Gohonzon valid?

"You bet, it's when the little skinny guy in the gray dress waves his
magic wanger at it."
Brian Holly

"Opinions are all anybody has."
Brian Holly

"The trouble with the arguments on both sides are that on the one hand
Nichiren Shoshu tries to maintain that Nichiren is the True Buddha
while relying primarily on those documents that can be disparaged."
Chris Holte

"Buddhism is nothing but humanism."
Andrew357

"I could make some retort about the Nikken sect being only 9 years old,
but both the SGI and the Temple have firmly shown that Nichiren Show shoe
has not changed at all."
Chris Holte

"We finally have been apprised of what the other Sects of Buddhism have known
all along, that the provenance of the Dai Gohonzon is shrouded in Myth."
Chris Holte

"As long as we were part of Nichiren Shoshu we went along
with the idea that Gohonzon had to be authorized. Now that we are free,we can
"authorize" them ourselves."
Chris Holte

"NST seems worried we will have an Ikeda Sun Daigohonzon to replace
their Daigohonzon. Not a bad idea if you think about it."
Taichee Dee

"it is completely incorrect to continue thinking that the paper scroll
hanging in your butsudan is the source of benefit or lack thereof. It is your
FAITH ALONE (as manifested in your practice) that determines benefit."
Kathy Ruby

"It's kind of sad that the faith of your sect is so superficial that you can't
admit that a physical mandala is a "religious icon", and can't even address the
thought that Nichiren Daishonin didn't actually inscribe the Dai Gohonzon
himself."
Jim Celer

Demolishing temples is not a sin.
Building them is.
Julian Stevenson

"To say praying to the Gohonzon is the ONLY POSSIBLE way to manifest one's
Buddhahood, is to apply a restriction that the Daishonin did not."
> "Can SGI members now photograph the Gohonzon - and if not, why not ?"
"I can do whatever I please. This is not a "police religion" like NS."
S. A.

"When SGI members say "Gohonzon" it specifies the Gohonzon inscribed by
High Priests of Nichiren Shoshu. For that reason, All Gohonzons are the same"
Steve Sonoda

BlueDolphinWeb

Jan 14, 2002, 9:03:01 PM1/14/02
>bluedol...@aol.com (BlueDolphinWeb) wrote:
>>I have to agree with Mercia that in the past few weeks Bruce's posts have
>been
>>quite excellent, both for serious to the point commentary as well as for
>humor.
>>Karyn
>
>That's interesting considering he just wrote this 10 days ago on
>January 5th, 2002:
>
>"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
>disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
>difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
>Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05
>
>and he wrote this just 2 days ago
>
>"Remember, I don't care so much about
>what Nichiren did or didn't say"
>arbn 2002-01-13
>
>But that's nothing compared to some of the wacky stuff
>SGI members have come up with on arbn

Well, Craig, I was "voting" based on the positive, constructive things that
Bruce has posted in the past few weeks, and there have been many of those. In
the above quotes, Bruce is stating his opinions, so what? My vote for best
recent poster, Bruce Maltz still stands.
Now, I suppose you want me to comment on these Old SGI posts? I don't agree
with them, but are they any more wacko than your "dung" posts of old?
People change, ideas change. Hopefully we all move in the direction of change
for the better.
Karyn

Jan 14, 2002, 7:10:22 PM1/14/02
bluedol...@aol.com (BlueDolphinWeb) wrote:
> My vote for best >recent poster, Bruce Maltz still stands.

Can't say I'm surprised

>"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
>disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
>difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
>Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

>"Remember, I don't care so much about

>what Nichiren did or didn't say"
>arbn 2002-01-13

"If we can exert a billion lifetimes of painstaking effort in a single moment then for
certain we can experience the full-blown Buddhahood that Mr. Ikeda enjoys."
Public statement by Salem Don on the SGI yahoo board

"Didn't anyone tell you that 'no prayer is unanswered?' They should have.
Pray to visit President Ikeda in a dream. That's all. Anyone can do it.
What's so difficult about that? Then maybe you wouldn't spend so much time
minimizing the reality of Mr. Ikeda, 'the most important person in the
future history of the earth' or lamenting that he is inaccessable."
Salem Don

"Actually, I've visited President Ikeda in a dream or two. I also
communicated to him once without saying a word. Whatever personal
meaning I may have found in these communications, I doubt he has even
noticed"
Chris Holte

Hanlen1

Jan 14, 2002, 9:36:59 PM1/14/02
<< I have to agree with Mercia that in the past few weeks Bruce's posts have
been quite excellent, both for serious to the point commentary as well as for
humor. >>

I'd have to go with Dave's recent posts. Since he went over the edge, he takes
the prize in the humor and creative categories, and maybe "best fiction" as
well.

Andy

Jan 14, 2002, 7:59:07 PM1/14/02

LOL
I'm waiting for Dave to pipe in and expound upon the genious
of Bruce's recent conversion to agnostic

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't say"

Bruce Maltz

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

"Thanks,, actually, YES, I have NO FAITH in Daishonin,

BlueDolphinWeb

Jan 14, 2002, 10:43:13 PM1/14/02
>><< I have to agree with Mercia that in the past few weeks Bruce's posts have
>>been quite excellent, both for serious to the point commentary as well as
>for
>>humor. >>
>
>>I'd have to go with Dave's recent posts. Since he went over the edge, he
>takes
>>the prize in the humor and creative categories, and maybe "best fiction" as
>>well.
>>Andy
>
>LOL
>I'm waiting for Dave to pipe in and expound upon the genious
>of Bruce's recent conversion to agnostic

Now Craig, I have not expounded upon the genius of being an agnostic. My point
was that I vote for Bruce for the most lucid, funny and meaningful recent arbn
posts. You somehow chose to pick the agnostic part as his main point, which
wasn't the part I was praising, although he certainly does have a right to
those beliefs. If you want me to, I can find and copy all of the posts from
Bruce that I agreed with and thought were intelligent and funny. Let me know.
Karyn

Jan 14, 2002, 8:49:59 PM1/14/02
bluedol...@aol.com (BlueDolphinWeb) wrote:
>>I'm waiting for Dave to pipe in and expound upon the genious
>>of Bruce's recent conversion to agnostic
>
>Now Craig, I have not expounded upon the genius of being an agnostic. My point
>was that I vote for Bruce for the most lucid, funny and meaningful recent arbn
>posts. You somehow chose to pick the agnostic part as his main point

Bruces main point IS the agnostic POV in case you haven't noticed.
You didn't see his huge rant entitled "Shakyamuni never prayed"
(or something to that effect)?

bruce maltz

Jan 15, 2002, 1:58:30 AM1/15/02
Sakyamuni was kind to people, compassionate to people,
that is what we should copy, our good deeds become our friends.

Craig and Cody only try and take the focus off their
belief in nothing. There is nothing in the Shoshu worth of value, nothing.
Let all the temples burn down, the paper gohonzon's burn up,
the shoes of the HP's wife, his cars, let all the sutra books crumble and
burn,
and guess what...... everyone still becomes a Buddha.

See, folks, The C&C boys are just marketing reps without pay
for the Great Shoshu Inc., a money making Mandala Printing Machine,
a Xerox Mandala Factory, a Juzu Warehouse, and all the while
laughing their heads off as they view their hefty bank accounts.

If you think the Priests and Lay Leaders of the HBS, Kempon, SGI are
any different, no, they are all the same. A bunch of leeches with
money in their mind and stars in their eyes. The HP depends on the
C&C guys and the rest of their flock to spread the word that God lives
at their Temple in the form of Wood, totally absurd thinking,
and some therapy would be great for them. Nikken visits
Zen Temples & Cemetery's its ok, McCormick has Jesus on this Alter
and the Shoshu make a big deal. What's the difference?

Kindest thing I can say about the Shoshu is stay away from them
as if they had a contagious disease. Get near them, and you just might
end up like Craig and Cody,, two out of control people in desperate need
of adult supervision.

Now for the good news.. it doesn't matter, for one day, they will both be a
Buddha.
YAHOOO !!!
Bruce

"C" <jqpu...@spam.aol.com> wrote in message

Jan 15, 2002, 12:47:33 AM1/15/02
After reading Bruce Maltz, I'm beginning to think Reggie
is a genious

>> >Now Craig, I have not expounded upon the genius of being an agnostic. My

Derek N.P.F. Juhl

Jan 15, 2002, 3:04:56 AM1/15/02
jqpu...@spam.aol.com (C) wrote in message news:<3c437e7e....@news.netnitco.net>...

> LOL
> I'm waiting for Dave to pipe in and expound upon the genious
> of Bruce's recent conversion to agnostic

Bruce seems to fancy himself "gnostic." ;-)

Derek N.P.F. Juhl

dc

Jan 15, 2002, 3:04:02 AM1/15/02

Now for the good news.. it doesn't matter, for one day, they will both be a
Buddha.
YAHOOO !!!
Bruce<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Whoopie that and a cup of coffe should take a billion life times and then
they will look around and see no one else enlightened but them.

real Buddhahood has to be now with all people in Itai Doshin.

Slowpoke Buddhism is a waste of time.

David

--
my comments are Copyright ©
David Cole 2002

bruce maltz

Jan 15, 2002, 4:34:24 PM1/15/02
HAHAHAHAHA... real Buddhism, slowpoke Buddhism,
where do you come up with these things,
next you will talk about a "NEW antique"
such a waste of good time for you to dwell on
sects and boxes, just jump make the leap
free yourself from all your pain, its easy DC
name one good thing the Shoshu has ever done,
just one,, name one thing SGI, HBS, Shu, Kempon has ever done.
They promise big, but the disappoint everyone
except the professional Buddhists and Priest
who have swimming pools like your HP and
Limo's and all the holy water they can drink.

Your way has no effect on anything, except your anger
and others anger, its totally out of control.
You have amp'd out!! Blown your woofer and tweeter!!
you argue just to argue, and you have no idea what you
guys even argue about! Its plum pitiful.

Read Chapter 22 of the Lotus Sutra, or 27 in Kern's,
and see where Buddha transferred Buddhahood to Dave Cole
already, yes your bank account says,,,"ready to use when awake".
you already have what you are looking for,
but your lights are turned off....

Best to you, and many eye openings,
Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Jan 15, 2002, 4:20:57 PM1/15/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>HAHAHAHAHA...

Doppelganger39

Jan 15, 2002, 6:43:17 PM1/15/02
>Subject: Re: a lurker's vote-Bruce Maltz for best poster
>From: han...@aol.com (Hanlen1)
>Date: 1/14/02 9:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

>I'd have to go with Dave's recent posts. Since he went over the edge, he
>takes
>the prize in the humor and creative categories, and maybe "best fiction" as
>well.
>
>Andy
>

>I agree Andy, i have found myself laughing and giggling over the interchange
that get's going with dc's recent posts...........the sub world of
anger.....mirth d

john petry

Jan 15, 2002, 7:24:01 PM1/15/02
Nichiren Shu for many years maintained a hospital for lepers in Minobu. At
one time lepers were cast out of their family homes and villages and forced
to beg for whatever they could get. It was a Nichiren Shu priest who raised
money to build a hospital and residence center for those unfortunates. That
facility operated up until recently when medical treatments became available
to allow people to remain in everyday life and be treated for their
condition. The Nichiren Shu has funded schools for children in Laos and Sri
Lanka so that they could receive an education. They have also been a great
deal of work in India among the untouchables to assist those people in
escaping the prejudice they face in the caste system prevalent in that
country. Nichiren Shu priests and lay members have been active in the
antiwar and anti nuclear proliferation movements for some time. Others
might disagree but I would consider those as being positive contributions.

I cannot deny that there are some Nichiren Shu priests in Japan who are more
interested in their golf club memberships and having creature comforts but
my experiences with the priests I have met have been very positive. I have
seen them visit the sick, comfort the dying, assist those who needed help
and not ask for a penny. I recall that during the great divorce between the
SGI and the NST, there was a Nichiren Shoshu priest in Japan who was turned
out on the street by the SGI who owned the residence where he was staying.
He went to the Nichiren Shu temples and they provided him with shelter until
he could make arrangements to return to Japan. There are greedy, self
righteous, arrogant prigs in any organization. But that doesn't mean they
all are nor is it just to paint all with the actions of a few.

"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote in message

Doppelganger39

Jan 15, 2002, 7:23:26 PM1/15/02
>Subject: Re: a lurker's vote-Bruce Maltz for best poster
>From: "john petry" jonp...@mindspring.com
>Date: 1/15/02 7:24 PM Eastern Standard Time

>Nichiren Shu for many years maintained a hospital for lepers in Minobu. At
>one time lepers were cast out of their family homes and villages and forced
>to beg for whatever they could get. It was a Nichiren Shu priest who raised
>money to build a hospital and residence center for those unfortunates. That
>facility operated up until recently when medical treatments became available
>to allow people to remain in everyday life and be treated for their
>condition. The Nichiren Shu has funded schools for children in Laos and Sri
>Lanka so that they could receive an education. They have also been a great
>deal of work in India among the untouchables to assist those people in
>escaping the prejudice they face in the caste system prevalent in that
>country. Nichiren Shu priests and lay members have been active in the
>antiwar and anti nuclear proliferation movements for some time. Others
>might disagree but I would consider those as being positive contributions.
>
>I cannot deny that there are some Nichiren Shu priests in Japan who are more
>interested in their golf club memberships and having creature comforts but
>my experiences with the priests I have met have been very positive. I have
>seen them visit the sick, comfort the dying, assist those who needed help
>and not ask for a penny. I recall that during the great divorce between the
>SGI and the NST, there was a Nichiren Shoshu priest in Japan who was turned
>out on the street by the SGI who owned the residence where he was staying.
>He went to the Nichiren Shu temples and they provided him with shelter until
>he could make arrangements to return to Japan. There are greedy, self
>righteous, arrogant prigs in any organization. But that doesn't mean they
>all are nor is it just to paint all with the actions of a few.
>

>Actually... i agree with this ....many good works are done by many kind people
without trying to introduce religion....or to have gain of any kind...but
only to be human and compassionate to others on this planet d

bruce maltz

Jan 16, 2002, 2:42:54 AM1/16/02
The teachings from Buddha give us a list of human stories on both sides of
the ledger. One list of human stories is used as examples - do
what these people did. Another list of human stories is used
as warnings - don't do what these people did. So if your
story ever gets in one of these books, make sure they use it
as an example, not a warning.

I am talking about the very basic fundamental teaching from Buddha,
and that is all life is suffering, the purpose of becoming a Buddhist
is to Become a Buddha and escape the cycle of "birth and death".
The results we can see , or at least what I can see with my own two eyes,
is that no Temple, Org or Sect has helped anyone but themselves.

But all that is irrelevant when we actually read the Lotus Sutra. I have
talked about
Chapter 22 in particular because there we see Sakyamuni transfers his
Perfect Enlightenment
to the Bodhisattvas. By holding fast to a particular group, is like holding
on to a
an empty glass after you use water to swallow medicine. Its useless,
it hold no value. Each and every person has the medicine transferred to them
from Buddha. So, what have the sects done? They have wiped that message
away
and say "Our Shu is wonderful, only we have the right answer", fights over
whether something
is round or square becomes the everyday theme.

A Bodhisattva in our day, based on the teaching inherent in the Lotus Sutra
is that
they recognize that each and every living being has "Buddha Nature". And,
we can certainly see
that those on the ARBN have no such thoughts. Based on my own experience
dealing with the
dark side of everyone's personality, I can easily conclude that the sects
have become a
Christianity or Pure Land Belief, or Tien Tai where Buddhahood is obtained
via a practice.
Poppycock, only faith in the word of Buddha handed down in the Lotus Sutra
is
the door out of the Burning house.

That is my reason for not placing Nichiren equal to God Status. Look what it
has done to
the Bratchers, and Cody's , Strumpfs, etc. They exchange passages like Bible
Thumpers,
and yet they should now Buddha lies outside of words, there are no words to
describe
Buddha. Nichiren letters have no become worthless thanks to the Nichiren
Shoshu, SGI,
Shu, HBS , Kempon and all the other sects.

Bruce

"Doppelganger39" <doppelg...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jan 16, 2002, 12:55:46 AM1/16/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>Look what it>has done to>the Bratchers, and Cody's , Strumpfs, etc.
>They exchange passages like Bible>Thumpers,>blah blah blah

Your trippin' Bruce. I have been practicing the same religion
for the past 20 years. You have bounced around, changing your
beliefs more often than some people take out the garbage
and yet you have the gall to lecture us on the correct teaching.
I tried to warn you that your fake xerox honzons would lead you
to a dead end, and now look at you. A complete agnostic who
has discarded any shred of semblance of the Daishonin's Buddhism.
You know you're in trouble when SGI members start praising you.
A pitiful sight, indeed.

BTW let us know when you plan on listing those honzons on ebay-
we could all use a good laugh

Craig

dc

Jan 16, 2002, 4:45:15 AM1/16/02
[...]

Tranisent Buddhahood Bruce.

It was a trick to get you moving. Real Buddhahood "attained in a single
lifetime," means right now, all beings in Itai Doshin. Thats real
Buddhahood Bruce, not the tranisient castle of individual Buddhahood while
the world is in hell.

You are paying too much attention to the Buddhism of the Harvest.

Now people need their minds blown.

dc

Jan 16, 2002, 5:29:01 AM1/16/02
Bruce Writes:

"But all that is irrelevant when we actually read the Lotus Sutra. I have
talked about
Chapter 22 in particular because there we see Sakyamuni transfers his
Perfect Enlightenment
to the Bodhisattvas. By holding fast to a particular group, is like holding
on to a
an empty glass after you use water to swallow medicine."

And here you ignore the 21st Chapter, whihc bequeaths the Mystic Law to
Jogyo. Now who was he?

And Who were people that wrote the Lotus Sutra?

You are ignoiring these things.

if you read the meaning literally, youy will not understand what is really
being said. this is the entire problem with word buddhism. No exp-lanation
will really explain it, but people will get hung up on distinctions. In
your case you are hung up of 'sects." There is no sect, and yet the only
time the "emergence of the earth occurred" in our recent history, was the
appearance of all of us together. who cares if we label ourselves and
follow a basic protocol?

One needs a label and protocol just to talk!

You are focusing on the dust. It is you focusing on the "paper" of the
gohonzon.

The Lotus Sutra you belive in is an illusion. There is a real "Lotus
Sutra," is beyond the words," Shakyamuni never taught the teachings of the
Lotus Sutra, except in the basic spirit and the "practice" of meditation or
focusing oin the Middle Way and stopping the mind and the polarities of
Mind. He had the same transient experience but failed to achive world
peace. Tien-t'ai taught the same thing, and also failed to achive World
Peace......and the previous teachings have the same basic practice of
buddhism that leads to PERSONAL enlightenment, this can be assisted with
ancient sciences and modern science...the experience is ubiquitous, yet how
many remember it?.....Nichiren Daishonij is TRYING to achive World Peace but
his followers are arguing like retarded Nebbishes over name and form and
cannot recognize the real truth when they hear it.

There is a particular experience that is responsible for the emergence of
all relgions. The experience is the same and is explained in terms of the
people of tha time and locale. Ultimately the experience is the same---but
in varying degrees of clarity and duration.

the secret to it is found in how we arrange our brian chemistry. Once a
person has this experience then they won't be arguing with this stuff
anymore. Nor will they need to argue with each other. they will know that
they have to give their all and work together to change a madhouse planet.
that is the real goal of Buddhism, not some phoney pie in the sky mentel
wanderings. this is the same attitude the worters of the Mahayana Sutra had
about Shakymuni, Buddhism. They knew Guatama Buddha had had the same
experience they had, but they knew people would misunderstand so they worte
the sutras in a way that has a deeper meaning between the lines. they
didn't want to give the impresion they were putting down Guatama's ultimate
monastic Buddhism, aimed at individual enlightenment, surely guatam must hav
flt limited having to keep the monastic life as the center of Buddhism. He
must have realized that real happiness all of all people could not happen
with in the monestary. So 800+ years later, the Lotus Sutra was written by
people who knew the true spirit, and building on Gautama, taught a law that
attempted to untie the existing buddhsits and at the same time match the
profundity of the recent Upanishads that had been the first teachings that
indicated that the individual human being was all of us together. At the
time of the writing of the Mahayana, Buddhism had broken into more then 33
sects of corrupot monasticism.. The sole purpose of the Lotus Sutra was to
attempt to unite them and the laypeople together to all follwo the spirit of
Buddhism but to reveal that just like in the recent Upanishads, which tjhey
all knew well, the Individual can be the True Buddha.

Buddhism changes according to the time.

Today is a new time. We don't need to trash labels and words and dogma,
but don't focus on the---they are expedients.. There will be no shakubuku
and no kosen rufu if people wait for it to happen or use excuses like, "we
dont't like that sect or any sect or anything, instead return to reality, We
appeared together. If your label bothers you then examine why labels are
important as natural things. The key is for all people to have the transient
experience of their own Buddhahood so they can readily achieve Itai Doshin
and then real Buddhahood can be achieved---The Daishonin said,
"There was once a ruler called King Konjiki. His country was for twelve
years besieged by a great drought, and countless numbers of people died of
starvation. In the rivers, corpses piled up like bridges, and on land,
skeletons accumulated like burial mounds. At that time, King Konjiki
conceived a great aspiration for enlightenment [in order to save the people]
and distributed a great quantity of alms. He gave away everything he could,
until a mere five measures of rice remained in his storehouse. When his
ministers informed him that this would feed him for a single day, the great
king took the five measures of rice and to each of his starving subjects he
gave one grain, two grains, three grains, or four grains, distributing them
in this manner to all. Then he faced the heavens and cried out that he would
die of starvation in the people's place, taking the pain of their hunger and
thirst upon himself. Heaven heard him and instantly sent down the sweet rain
of immortality. When this rain touched the bodies or fell upon the faces of
the people, their hunger was satisfied, and in the space of a moment, all
the inhabitants of the country were revived"

dc

Cody

Jan 16, 2002, 6:48:07 AM1/16/02

"dc" wrote

> "Then he faced the heavens and cried out that he would
> die of starvation in the people's place,
>

> plan B.
>
> David

Well, at least, you should lose a little weight ;-)

Cody

bruce maltz

Jan 16, 2002, 12:43:07 PM1/16/02
What mystic law,, there is no such term in the Lotus Sutra,
you are living in imagination. Chap 22 says we have been given
the Supreme Enlightenment of Buddha, PERIOD !!!
Nothing you can say takes that away.. sorry ...
Maybe you should drop your job as Marketing Rep for the Shoshu?
Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Jan 16, 2002, 11:32:23 AM1/16/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>What mystic law,, there is no such term in the Lotus Sutra,
>you are living in imagination. Chap 22 says we have been given
>the Supreme Enlightenment of Buddha, PERIOD !!!
>Nothing you can say takes that away.. sorry ...
>Maybe you should drop your job as Marketing Rep for the Shoshu?
>Bruce

This guy is so self-refuting it isn't even funny

dc

Jan 16, 2002, 6:44:51 PM1/16/02
What mystic law,, there is no such term in the Lotus Sutra,
you are living in imagination. Chap 22 says we have been given
the Supreme Enlightenment of Buddha, PERIOD !!!
Nothing you can say takes that away.. sorry ...
Maybe you should drop your job as Marketing Rep for the Shoshu?
Bruce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

foolish person. Mystic Law is Myoho or Saddharma. No different we can use
them interchangably and you wish to debate the words. Duh!

With all you shouting about how people believe superstiton you sure are a
superstious guy yourself. Focusing on form and name. Silly guy. You look
at the lotus sutra in the most literal and superstious way.

At what point will you be attracking the Lotus Sutra? that sems to be your
pattern, kind of a trickle down Hosshaku Kempon of the brain.

right now you aren't shouting, "the Lotus Sutra is a fake!" but you will.
Afterall it is just "paper" and it will eventually be just another forgery
to you.

david

Jan 16, 2002, 5:05:37 PM1/16/02

From: KEMPON HOKKE NETWORK (fuju...@cris.com)
Subject: I'm a Buddha, you're a Buddha
Newsgroups: alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren
Date: 1998/11/11
"The so-called Buddhist Sects that proclaim, "I'm a Buddha, you're a
Buddha, we are all Buddhas" are in for a rude awakening. It is like,
"Bill Clinton is president, Bill Clinton is a human, I'm a human, I
too am President." We all the potential of becoming president."
Bruce Maltz, arbn

"the Shoshu is full of WAR, the HBS is BS,
and the Kempon are off their rockers with a Pure Land Practice
All the ways are PURE CRAP,
The Shu allows Jesus on the ALTAR,
if that doesn't show INSANITY than you are blind."
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-08-12

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't say"

Bruce Maltz January 2002

"I hate to say it, but Nichiren Buddhism has no power,
not even to change a sick man in Md to a
honest man... its just very sad, the story is nice
but there is no proof of anything at all,
just a BIG waste of time."
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-16

"Story is that I Don't Care!!!
You know, maybe it is not fair that I write here anymore,
I am NOT a Nichiren Buddhist anymore,
I don't believe in his way, your way, the Kempon or any other way,
its all just "a false road"... Nichiren was way off base,
and you follow his personality not his teachings.
He was wrong about a great many things."
Bruce Maltz arbn 2001-07-23

"I am not great because I am free of Crap,
I am just free of crap, and that makes you nervous,
you gotta deal with your insecurity, its your issue
not mine"
Bruce Maltz Date: 8/13/01

"You are such a pathetic piece of work,
I get nauseas just thinking about you, and people like you,
what a disgusting pile of animal shit you have become.
What a example for your children, a pathetic pathological liar,
pretending to be a holy man.. hahahahahha,,, if you are not the
Golden Toilet of the Century I don't know who is. Shame on You,
Shame on you, Shame on You....."
Bruce Maltz Date: 7/14/01

"When I went to Japan I investigated the Kempon and HBS in great detail....
scam and sham,, but then again no different from all the others. Everyone
is the chosen one, everyone is hand picked by Nichiren, every founder was so
so great!! BORING for me, and a pile of nothing...
So I leave the Nichiren Way...There is nothing special,
just people like Dick that are losers"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-13

"Since I left the Nichiren Way, I have seen 100% Medicine
working in the lives of those that break from the Nichiren Mental Ward"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-25

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

"Thanks,, actually, YES, I have NO FAITH in Daishonin,
why should I? Was he Jogyo? Buddha? Madman? Bodhisattva?
what was he... flesh blood and bones like everyone else,
seven openings in this body that ooze puss and urine and dung"

Bruce Maltz December 2001

"HAHAHAHAHA...WOWOWOWOW..HEHEHEHEHE
OK....Wait a second, let me sit down
When did your article appear on my site...
OH JESUS.. that is hysterical...
...........oh...is that so? You can't remember?
You have 16 people that will verify that it appeared,
Aliens gave it to me,,, enough...
cut the crap, you lie again, you just can't stop
it's in your HonmonBS Blood!!!
lie lie lie lie lie lie....that is all you do,
you and Petry are such a pair of misfits,,, Jesus Christ!!!"
Bruce Maltz, Date: 2001-07-19

dc

Jan 16, 2002, 7:09:35 PM1/16/02
"dc" wrote

Cody<<<<<<<<<<

dealing with content again Michael? I'll have to start calling you Suri and
Handoku ---picture the two of them bumping into each other and banging heads
while rushing to get the Buddha an imaginary foot bath.

David

--
my comments are Copyright Š

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 12:10:36 AM1/17/02
No foolish person, the Lotus Sutra is beyond:
words
paper
wood planks
Dave's imagination
Dave and the Shoshu insults
lies and madness form the other so-called peaceful groups,,

Thank Goodness !!!
Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

CultWatcher

Jan 16, 2002, 10:20:26 PM1/16/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>lies and madness form the other so-called peaceful groups,,

Go look in the mirror Bruce

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 3:09:58 AM1/17/02
Four years after his [the Buddha's] attainment of enlightenment, a war took
place between the city-state of Kapilavastu and that of Kilivastu over the
use of water. Being told of this, [the Buddha] Sakyamuni hastened back to
Kapilavastu and stood between the two great armies about to start fighting.
At the sight of Sakyamuni, there was a great commotion among the warriors,
who said, "Now that we see the World-Honored One, we cannot shoot the arrows
at our enemies," and they threw down their weapons. Summoning the chiefs of
the two armies, he asked them, "Why are you gathered here like this?" "To
fight," was their reply. "For what cause do you fight?" he queried. "To get
water for irrigation." Then, asked Sakyamuni again, "How much value do you
think water has in comparison with the lives of men?" "The value of water is
very slight" was the reply. "Why do you destroy lives which are valuable for
valueless water?" he asked. Then, giving some allegories, Sakyamuni taught
them as follows: "Since people cause war through misunderstanding, thereby
harming and killing each other, they should try to understand each other in
the right manner." In other words, misunderstanding will lead all people to
a tragic end, and Sakyamuni exhorted them to pay attention to this. Thus the
armies of the two city-states were dissuaded from fighting each other.

Bruce
http://the-eternal-buddha.com

"CultWatcher" <cultw...@spam.aol.com> wrote in message

Mercia Nitzsche

Jan 17, 2002, 5:56:08 AM1/17/02
David,

The point that Bruce is making, is that people within the schools are
translating protocol for doctrine. It is this stage which corrupts the
essence of the Law. Nothing can be achieved whilst people worship
bricks and mortar mingled with flowing robes. Therefore in essence
Bruce is correct.

The reality as you put it is that we are living in a world filled with
beings and we need to walk side by side. I live in a total
non-Buddhist environment and need to associate myself with
non-buddhists all the time. Some of these people still have faith and
make an effort within their lives to do what they understand helps
them achieve a level of being Awake. Is it my position to condemn
those who walk a different journey or should I make friends and teach
to the best of my ability only a sentence or a phrase.

The main core essence of the Lotus Sutra is about being AWAKE. Awake
to the Law of Eternal realisation and not the identity of our
attachments. The two however are inextricably linked though and why it
is so hard to recognise the key point that Bruce is trying to express.

You talk about Unity. This can only be achieved when all people are
capable of recognising their own illusions to those attachments. It is
not a priest who holds our hand when we enter the gates of eternal
TRUTH. Everyone enters by themselves. Even though the map of piety is
vast and can be intricate at times, when we reach its source it is in
fact very clear and precise. Bruce only ever talks about the source.

Mers.

Mercia Nitzsche

Jan 17, 2002, 6:19:46 AM1/17/02
These are the wise words coming from a truly enlightened Shoshu
Buddhist. Well, you sure are full of it.

How many attempts did it take before Edison invented the lightbulb?

When something is important to anyone, say for instance getting
dressed for an interview or a special social event. How many times
does one change one's dress before one feels comfortable? Some people
only need to change once, yet others change into their entire wardrobe
4 times over.

What Bruce is showing you is total dedication to that which he
believes to be the truth. He has explored every detail, which he felt
was necessary to discover the ultimate message. There is nothing
demeaning about that and neither is it your place to belittle his
position or identity. As for the catty statement about members
practising in the SGI. Again, you are taking out of context the issue
which is between both the High Priest and President Ikeda. It is of no
concern to either you, me or any of the SGI members. The fact that
Bush sends over the troups to Afghanistan in no way reflects his
feelings of the ordinary people. It is a dispute between two states.
The Taliban and the Free World. Neither is it an accurate
representation of their teachings or their faith.

Your comments are far from dignified and do not represent the School
to which you pride yourself as being a member of. You are not a
superior being and neither do you express the attitude of a
compassionate believer. Even less of one who is AWAKE. If Bruce were
so wrong, I am sure you would come up with a valuable argument instead
of this henpicking diatribe. What do you know of Bruce? Do you live
with him 24/7? Are you tied up to him by the hips? Are you a mind
reader? What right do you have to be judge and jury of other people,
who equally do their best? What is it that you do behind closed doors
that makes you to be so miserly with your heart? Do you really believe
that the High Priest is so stingy that he cannot handle any criticism?
The High Priest actually welcomes healthy arguments and deals with it
the compassionate way. There again, what do you know about the High
Priest, safe for Idol Worshipping? Get it through your head. Priests
are just ordinary people, doing a job.

Just because you stand on the Shoshu platform is not an open
invitation to treat others with abuse you know. If you consider
yourself a true blue Shoshu member, you specialise in eating humble
pie. How large a cake would you like to order?

Mercia.

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 5:49:56 AM1/17/02
On 17 Jan 2002 03:19:46 -0800, mer...@blueyonder.co.uk (Mercia Nitzsche) wrote:

>What Bruce is showing you is total dedication to that which he
>believes to be the truth. He has explored every detail, which he felt
>was necessary to discover the ultimate message. There is nothing
>demeaning about that and neither is it your place to belittle his
>position or identity. As for the catty statement about members
>practising in the SGI. Again, you are taking out of context the issue
>which is between both the High Priest and President Ikeda. It is of no
>concern to either you, me or any of the SGI members. The fact that
>Bush sends over the troups to Afghanistan in no way reflects his
>feelings of the ordinary people. It is a dispute between two states.
>The Taliban and the Free World. Neither is it an accurate
>representation of their teachings or their faith.

> If Bruce were
>so wrong, I am sure you would come up with a valuable argument instead
>of this henpicking diatribe. What do you know of Bruce?

I know quite enough since the man runs at the mouth 24/7

[...]

MarcInMD

Jan 17, 2002, 9:01:45 AM1/17/02
What Bruce is showing you is total dedication to that which he
believes to be the truth.<

Oye vey....

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 2:11:35 PM1/17/02
No foolish person, the Lotus Sutra is beyond:
words
paper
wood planks
Dave's imagination
Dave and the Shoshu insults
lies and madness form the other so-called peaceful groups,,

Thank Goodness !!!
Bruce<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And do you honestly believe anyone reveres the paper or wood? No one does
Bruce. This is your focus. Everyone knows immediatly that the essense of
Buddhism is not the paper and ink or wood. You keep repeating this stuff
and any valuable point you might have is washed away.

It is YOU that is seeing wood paper and ink. And of course the Lotus Sutra
is paper and ink as well. Do you think anyone thinks that is just paper and
ink? And what do you think it is, some kind of GOD?
The essense of Buddhism is the potential within a human being--there is no
special being called buddha except as concepts and visons arising from the
8th consciuousness as stored mental constructs.

over and over you shout against the Gohonzon. The Gohonzon is made of paper
and ink everyone knows that. The meaning though is deeper as it portrays a
picture of the meaning of Buddhahood. As we know the Daishonin in the
Kanjin no Honzon Sho writes about the Gohonzon as the True Object of
Worship. He describes the depiction. Now what is that depiction a
depiction of Bruce?

And who could conceive it? What kind of experience is responsible for
understadning that depiction.

In terms of your view on "sects," isnt it true that it was you who made
sectarian distinction adn formed a KHK sect in the US?

You are not consistent at all. You can be a work in progress that is okay
but being so adamant with your larval views seems to be your pattern. And
since you don't read, and never respond to content anymore then for
instance Craig or Michael, it is hard to talk to you in any content-based
way.

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 12:18:30 PM1/17/02
Bruce Maltz says:
>No foolish person, the Lotus Sutra is beyond:
>words>paper
>wood planks

"Bruce is a practitioner of the Lotus Sutra. He therefore follows the

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 3:08:02 PM1/17/02
[...]

And of course this is a good story that illustrates that human beings
shouldn't argue over doctrinal differences. Now what does this have to do
with your constant doctrinal arguments? You are doing exactly what Craig is
saying you are doing, "refuting yourself."

Take another use at the reasoning behind expedient means. You have become a
Lotus Sutra fanatic, blindly interpreting it literally and saying your
understanding is greater then Nichiren Daishonin's You refute then argue
then conttradict yourself. You just don't make sense. By the same
standanrds you use to try to attack the Dai Gohonzon of Taisekiji, then the
Lotus Sutra would be a fake. Wake up Bruce.

The Lotus Sutra says "they will say we forged this Sutra" and it says, "they
will not understand the use of Expedient Means."

So I implore you to take a different approach. In spirit, the idea of not
having a "sect" is a good thing. But this is ALREADY the teaching of
Nichiren Shoshu. The idea of "sect" inherently implies opposing sects.
Your idea that there is one eternal Sangha is ALREADY the teaching of
Nichiren Shoshu. Yoiu are the one who early in your practice ran off and
began starting other sects and distributing gohonzons--no differnt then many
in history. A protocol can change by mutual agreement and gradual
understandings, not by inconsistent ideas and literalism. The Non-Sect
known as Nichiren Shoshu, is where we all arrived at the alter of the true
Buddhism---this is decided not by literal minded people, but by nature
itself and the very operation of causation

Why not tell us your experiences beyond your literal minded ideas about the
Lotus Sutra that caused you a deeper understanding beyond the literal.

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 3:49:22 PM1/17/02
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing
it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. "

Buddha
http://the-eternal-buddha.com

"CultWatcher" <cultw...@spam.aol.com> wrote in message

bruce maltz

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 3:59:26 PM1/17/02

The point that Bruce is making, is that people within the schools are
translating protocol for doctrine. It is this stage which corrupts the
essence of the Law. Nothing can be achieved whilst people worship
bricks and mortar mingled with flowing robes. Therefore in essence
Bruce is correct.<<<<<<<<<

My problem with Bruce's posts is that he is mistaking protocol for doctrine
as well and does not understand that in the propagation of Buddhism there is
nothing wrong with a protocol that begins with the correct spirit of Itai
Doshin and by it's very nature, is expedient and useful when attempting to
spread Buddhism.

When Bruce Left Nichiren Shoshu, he did not leave based on a schism. When
Bruce left, there was mosatly strong unity and growth of Nichiren Shoshu
Sokagakkai. At the same time I recognize many errors made by the top
leaders of the Gakkai, and saw how they were too dictatorial---this in
itself however is not a valid reason for leaving the organization of karmic
connections. People are not perfect and shouldn't be expected to be. Part
of faith is to have faith it will change in terms of personal relations and
some people had personal issues in the gakkai with people and left, due to
those kinds of personal feelings. Some of them begin to look for literal
reasons to justify why they left. We see the same thing now with the
schism.

Bruce surfaced on the internet in around '95 boldly arguing over literal
points and have since then changed over and over his points yet continues to
have the same unablity to discuss without getting into irrational reamrks.
Whenever I talk to him he ignore content and jumps to insults--not much
differnt from Craig and Michael at this point. He attacks Nichiren
Daishonin as though the Daishonin was some kind of half-assed prophet and
upholds a liiteral interpretation of the Lotus Sutra, which to me is just
another version of the same old thing, meanignless doctrinal dispute.

with
beings and we need to walk side by side. I live in a total
non-Buddhist environment and need to associate myself with
non-buddhists all the time. Some of these people still have faith and
make an effort within their lives to do what they understand helps
them achieve a level of being Awake. Is it my position to condemn
those who walk a different journey or should I make friends and teach
to the best of my ability only a sentence or a phrase.

The main core essence of the Lotus Sutra is about being AWAKE. Awake
to the Law of Eternal realisation and not the identity of our
attachments. The two however are inextricably linked though and why it
is so hard to recognise the key point that Bruce is trying to
express.<<<<<<<<<<

I think you are being kind to Bruce and that is your nature, I am afraid
that is you, finding a good meaning in what Bruce is saying. I try to find
a good meaning in what he is saying too, but he really goes out of his way
to be silly. "Discarding attachment" is a central teaching from old
buddhism that changed much in the Lotus Sutra that refutes Niravana as a
goal and teaches Shuju sho Yuraku.

In old Buddhism desire and attachments was bad, in real Buddhism, there is
no real way to be alive and discard attachments 100%.. In fact, life is
attachment--it is the essense of desire. In old buddhims we were to cut off
the cycle of birth and death (really from Hinduism) and in true Buddhism the
teaching is that there is no need to discard life instead we need to make
life enlightened --all of us together and learn the secret to overcome death
in the real sense. In this Buddhism, discarding attachments means to
discard the thought they interfers with ones single mindedness or let it
flow so that it does not block one from proper concentration and applying
themselves in the real world. Of course we need to break down attachments
to false things, but this can't happened just by shouting and ordering
people to do it. These things are all transient. A Zen Buddhist would say,
"why be attached to any Sutra?" Bruce says the Gohonzon is paper and
personally I don' think I know anyone who is worshipping the paper, although
there are widespread superstitions----I say that it is OK for people to have
superstions if that is what they need at a given time to practice.
Expedients are used in order to spread Buddhism. Change in this area can
only happen when there is unity and agreement.

capable of recognising their own illusions to those attachments.<<<<<

I think there is a better way to understand this. We can have unity when
people who are aware of other's attachments and illusions, see the reason
why these people need to believe a certain way right now. When attempting
to uplift and upgrade peoples attachments we might use a different
expedient. It is all about receptivity of human beings. there is no use
when people are unreceptive, to try to break down others attachments.
especially when that person has get to get to the bottom of their own
illusions.

In my own experience I experienced the ceremony in the air in 1968 and a few
months later read the Lotus Sutra. The Sutra is just a human attempt to
convey Buddhism. being attached to literal interpretation of it, defeat its
spirit, especially if that is coupled with attacks on Nichiren Daishonin.

So Although Bruce is into breaking attachments he himslef has to realize
expedient means. It is Bruce that is still attached to illusion, by his
continuous dogmatism. So in this way he does not differ from any other
dogmatist and puts dogma over and above people.

not a priest who holds our hand when we enter the gates of eternal
TRUTH. Everyone enters by themselves. Even though the map of piety is
vast and can be intricate at times, when we reach its source it is in
fact very clear and precise. Bruce only ever talks about the source.

Mers. >>>>>>>

But this is elementary. You and I and most sincere practitioners, know
that Nichiren Shoshu does not seek dependency. At the same time the
majority of people are dependent. This is a natural thing and at times it
is needed to do hand holding.

I am afraid you are giving Bruce a bit to much credit for knowing what the
source is. When I have tried to question this with him to see his view he
falls back on literalism again. But I am open to hear what he thinks the
source is. I know he refuses to read anything I write. And he focuses in
pissing wars dialogues rather then on content.

For instance his constant mention of Chapter 22, regarding the general
transmission and his ignoring of Chapter 21 which contains the specific
transmission. His interpretation is literal and exclusive and he fails to
discuss the real origin or source of even the Lotus Sutra itself.

David

> Sutra," it is beyond the words," Shakyamuni never taught the teachings of

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 2:00:38 PM1/17/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing
>it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. "

I'm not mad Bruce. I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy.
Having trouble sleeping in that bed you made?

"Burn down the Shoshu, and you still have people
with Buddha Nature, the Shoshu is a nuisance."
Bruce Maltz, Jan 2002

"So who needs a Temple? nice people are nice people,
drop the box"
Bruce Maltz Jan 2002

"When I went to Japan I investigated the Kempon and HBS in great detail....
scam and sham,, but then again no different from all the others. Everyone
is the chosen one, everyone is hand picked by Nichiren, every founder was so
so great!! BORING for me, and a pile of nothing...
So I leave the Nichiren Way...There is nothing special,
just people like Dick that are losers"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-13

"Since I left the Nichiren Way, I have seen 100% Medicine
working in the lives of those that break from the Nichiren Mental Ward"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-25

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the
disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

"All the ways are PURE CRAP"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-08-12

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 2:02:36 PM1/17/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing
>it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. "

Go look in the mirror Bruce

"You are such a pathetic piece of work,

I get nauseas just thinking about you, and people like you,
what a disgusting pile of animal shit you have become.
What a example for your children, a pathetic pathological liar,
pretending to be a holy man.. hahahahahha,,, if you are not the
Golden Toilet of the Century I don't know who is. Shame on You,
Shame on you, Shame on You....."
Bruce Maltz Date: 7/14/01

"Burn down the Shoshu, and you still have people
with Buddha Nature, the Shoshu is a nuisance."
Bruce Maltz, Jan 2002

"When I went to Japan I investigated the Kempon and HBS in great detail....

scam and sham,, but then again no different from all the others. Everyone
is the chosen one, everyone is hand picked by Nichiren, every founder was so
so great!! BORING for me, and a pile of nothing...
So I leave the Nichiren Way...There is nothing special,
just people like Dick that are losers"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-13

"Since I left the Nichiren Way, I have seen 100% Medicine
working in the lives of those that break from the Nichiren Mental Ward"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-25

"The disappearance of religion will be as great a tragedy as the

disappearance of smallpox. We will all survive its passing without
difficulty and without tears. Let us not pray."
Bruce Maltz, arbn 2002-01-05

"All the ways are PURE CRAP"
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-08-12

"Thanks,, actually, YES, I have NO FAITH in Daishonin,

why should I? Was he Jogyo? Buddha? Madman? Bodhisattva?
what was he... flesh blood and bones like everyone else,
seven openings in this body that ooze puss and urine and dung"

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 4:14:36 PM1/17/02
Thank goodness people change Dave,
life is a learning process of what is good and what is bad,
and no, its you guys that continually bring up "Daigohonzon",
the damn thing is not even written or inscribed by Nichiren,
yet you hold on to that belief like Christians hold on to Jesus,
you would scoff them, but for you its OK.. Kempon
was a tremendous learning experience for me.. so much you have
no idea. Thank goodness for them, or I might still think there
was some validity in any Nichiren Sect, such foul people,
and greedy priests,, wow.. anyway.. you seem to be grasping at
straws so perhaps you are ready to bloom,, I hope so.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe
in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe
in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do
not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many
generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything
agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all,
then accept it and live up to it." Buddha

Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 2:31:37 PM1/17/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>Kempon>was a tremendous learning experience for me.. so much you have
>no idea.

I told you Kenpon was a dead-end but you wouldn't listen

>Thank goodness for them, or I might still think there
>was some validity in any Nichiren Sect, such foul people,

Ever hear of esho funi? Oh yeah I forgot- you don't care what
the Daishonin said

>Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many
>generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything
>agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all,
>then accept it and live up to it." Buddha
>Bruce

Does this excuse the fact that you have become agnostic after years
of chanting to a fake honzon, which we told you was going to
screw you up? Now look at you. Calling for the end of all
religion. Telling people not to practice. Suddenly you have become
quite popular in SGI circles... that in itself should a fair warning
that you are going down the wrong road

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't say"
Bruce Maltz January 2002

"I hate to say it, but Nichiren Buddhism has no power,
not even to change a sick man in Md to a
honest man... its just very sad, the story is nice
but there is no proof of anything at all,
just a BIG waste of time."
Bruce Maltz Date: 2001-07-16

"Story is that I Don't Care!!!
You know, maybe it is not fair that I write here anymore,
I am NOT a Nichiren Buddhist anymore,
I don't believe in his way, your way, the Kempon or any other way,
its all just "a false road"... Nichiren was way off base,
and you follow his personality not his teachings.
He was wrong about a great many things."
Bruce Maltz arbn 2001-07-23

"From when we first met on the NSS Forum, I tell you the one person
who really has opened my eyes to the Buddha Dharma has been Bruce [Maltz].
He has an excellent insight into the Lotus Sutra."
Mercia Nitzsche

"You don't know my life,, silly thing for you to say,
you are brainwashed Mark, you have given over to the dark side,
you no longer think for yourself or feel , you are no longer human,
you are a zombie Marketing Rep with no pay for a Filthy Rich Xerox Mandala"
Bruce Maltz, Jan 2002

[...]

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 4:48:54 PM1/17/02
Mercia writes to Craig:

to which you pride yourself as being a member of. You are not a
superior being and neither do you express the attitude of a
compassionate believer. Even less of one who is AWAKE. If Bruce were
so wrong, I am sure you would come up with a valuable argument instead
of this henpicking diatribe. What do you know of Bruce? Do you live
with him 24/7? Are you tied up to him by the hips?<<<<<<

It amazes me how people rely so heavily on literal meaning, even in
conversation. Craig is a literalist in one way and Bruce a literalist in
another. It amazes me that neither Bruce nor Craig, nor Michael, nor many
people here on ARBN discuss content, but just do the pissing-war thing. You
try to discuss content, I try to discuss content and some others too try to
discuss content. At least at that level there is some kind of dialogue, but
I have to say here that Bruce needs to get into content---not
spamming---not one liners---not attacks on the Dai Gohonzon and Nichiren but
content.....of course Craig too, does the same thing----no content. Bruce
tends to be a fanatic in a different sense then Craig--but where is Bruce's
reasonable posts? Where does Bruce discuss? Where does Craig discuss?
Naturally when Bruce rages anti-Nichiren anti-daigohonzon stuff he is not
promoting Itai Doshin. It is not just a case of Bruce trying to get people
to look deeper at the meaning of the Gohonzon---he hates it and in
discussing it he uses the same fanatical assumptions made by any other
fanatics. Bruce just replaces a superstitious view of Gohonzon with a
superstitious view of the Lotus Sutra. I would like him to respond to this
but he doesn't. Instead he posts back to me about being a marketing rep for
"shoshu" Just one liners etc. It is essentially boring and amounts to the
same pissing as anyone else on arbn. When I allow myself to engage with the
pissing war at least I try to be creative.

I would appreciate Bruce more were he to actually respond to what I write to
him rather then responding, to what I am afraid, is his own internal
voices.

Bruce generalizes Buddhism into a realm of nothingness--still attached to
nothingness. In reality Buddhism refers to real life not a pure land in
some other realm. Just hollering about the Lotus Sutra being supreme shows
no wisdom anymore then the most misguided, fanatical members of Hokkeko or
the Gakkai. Nichiren Daishonin, wrote alot and attempted to speak to many
segments of society according to their capacities, he did not just teach Nam
Myoho Renge Kyo and then not say anything else, although he stressed that
planting the seed is most important, he did try to use reason and of course
he had to hold back much of his inner enl;ightenment in his public
documents. He showed much compassion and wrote many things from his heart.
Ultimately mental interpretations will never fully explain things and
literalism always misses the mark, because Buddhism uses expedients to
spread and to get people to unite.

As an example, in many thousands of verses Nagajuna (100-200AD or so) wrote
about the Middle way and still, people will read it and focus on one
extreme or another. Nagarjuna wrote thousands of verses about how
attachment to the concept of attachments is just another attachment. His
time period was much devoted to minutiae expressed in words. today is a
differnt age, from the time of Nagarjuna and different from 13th century
Japan, We also have a new vocabulary to use --that of science--which can
eventually prove the meaning of Buddhism. Replacing one dogmatism with
another is a transient thing and is a use of expedients, doing so, unaware
of the meaning of expedients is equally blind as any previous dogma.

So I ask Bruce to deal with content. I know the entire Lotus Sutra from
memory having studied it for so many years and also I have read all the
Sutras many times and most all the commentaries, so it is pretty silly when
Bruce writes, "read the Lotus sutra." and it is also silly when I write to
Bruce and he does not respond to content anymore then Craig or others.

Clearly they all have some strange ideation in regards to Buddhism that
makes it impossible to see that the real point of Buddhism in actual
reality, uniting people and solving the real problems. It does not happen
with dogma bickering or blanket condemnations. Bruces non-sect is a
nonsensical as having opposing sects. In Buddhims there is one Sangha and
whatever label it is given is fine, but at the same time the people in other
Buddhist sects are not going to rush to Nichiren Shoshu--or to Bruce's
non-sect--by relying on Dogma distinctions.

People want to see happiness and unity and that kind of power of True
Buddhism only works when people are in Itai Doshin. Then people from other
sects will come to true Buddhism naturally.

Buddhism changes with the times and times will contionue to change --there
is no static kind of Buddhism--set in stone, it is something moldable by
Buddhas.

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 6:12:02 PM1/17/02
[...]

You know as well as I do that Nichiren Daishonin planned for the building of
an actual establish sanctaury for the "true object of worship" and of course
there would be a Dai Gohonzon there.

Of course change is good and it is good people can change. But desired
change is not only change of dogma as in your case, but change of approach.
Vehemance has it's place but being vehement and inconsisitent too is
bizarre. But looking forward to you getting past the dogma and the dogma
about dogma. See the expedients and the usefulness of them.

Transient teachings are different from using expedients--a whole diffeernt
thing.

Richard

Jan 17, 2002, 6:25:32 PM1/17/02
are you happy in your new found revelations Bruce?????

RJD

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 4:45:25 PM1/17/02
>are you happy in your new found revelations Bruce?????
>RJD

Ain't no different than the Bruce Maltz that posted here
7 years ago. Every year Bruce has come here sporting
a new religion and new website. Now look at him. A complete
agnostic calling for the end of all religion, as well as venting his
anger and frustration on us, just because he couldn't make
Buddhism work in his life. The Daishonin said of such people,
something to the effect that, "If someone gets lost, is that the
fault of the road builder?

"Kempon was a tremendous learning experience for me.. so much you have
no idea.
Thank goodness for them, or I might still think there
was some validity in any Nichiren Sect, such foul people"

Bruce Maltz, Jan 2002

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 6:57:04 PM1/17/02
AHHHH no... Dave ,
you created the schism when you dragged out the hunk of wood
and said it was god. I am sure Nichiren and Nikko are
somewhere shouting.. 'NO NO NO NO",,
since 1975 I have been asking for something in Nichiren's own
hand to show me it is real, I don't want to prove its a fake,
I want to know if it is real. Check the ingredients before you
take a vitamin, right? Nothing, zip, nothing.
Show me its real, I will be your supporter, I will be there with you,
but sorry, there is nothing to show me its validity. I went to see
it many times, over 20 times I sat in front of the wood and
recited diamoku and the sutra with a sincere and faithful mind.
I asked you HP Nikken at the New Otani Hotel to explain how
it is real, I have asked many many people in Japan when I was there,
I won't even begin to tell you what Daisaku Ikeda told me.

I am your friend not enemy, blind belief is NOT Buddhism,
its Christianity.. Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 7:30:58 PM1/17/02
You have enough correct points in your diatribe mixed with your fantasy that
someone might read what you are writing and think it is true. But, yes,
when I left (1975) it was still called NSA. But, were the SGI and Shoshu
on friendly terms? No. George Williams himself told me the priests were all
nuts, Daisaku Ikeda had no use for them other than window dressing, and then
there were the comments I heard from the Priests about Williams and Ikeda.
Equally as bad. The Priest at Myohoji were trying to persuade us to start
an Independent Group and break from SGI, and in Japan , when I had Lunch
with Nittatsu Shonin he told me that SGI has created their own sect and I
should leave them, and move to Japan and study at the Temple. There were two
reasons I left.

1. Nichiren Shoshu
2. Soka Gakkai

No anger, I left on good terms with everyone, I left because NSA, SGI,
Shoshu simply is not Buddhism.

Once you grasp that the Eternal Buddha is Sakyamuni, as Nichiren says, you
can read any sutra and grasp it's meaning. Buddha Sakyamuni did not become
a Buddha under the Bodhi tree,, he was always the Buddha. That is what it
says in the Lotus Sutra, and all your buddies just don't read it. This
world is the domain of the Buddha ! not Nichiren. If Nichiren were in fact
Jogyo, than he is attending the Buddha, and received entrustment at the same
time you and I and Craig , Cody and Marc. If you believe in JogyoShu, its a
pure land Buddhism, thinking salvation is out there. Kempon thinks that way
too. Lamont and Kubota look outside for Buddhahood, that is pure land. They
don't walk what they talk. However, they are still more in accord with
Nichiren's thinking than Nikken or Ikeda. But not much.

Sure I read the old Sutra, so did Nichiren, by saying what you say, you
without knowing it kick Nichiren in the privates. Nichien was a Tendai
Priest when he converted to the truth. He read and read all he could about
the different teachings of the Buddha. He didn't sit around reading his own
letters, and he didn't have Jesus on his alter, he was in pursuit of the
problem , the problem that is apparent to anyone that opens their eyes. Its
you guys who throw away the Eternal Buddha. That is the essence of the
Rissho Ankoku Ron, the truth that started Nichiren propagating, and the same
truth he propagated until his death as a human. Unity was never his
concern, parking spaces were not his concern, and ARBN was not his concern.
You are tying to pass off that he was the teacher, when in fact he was only
the student, as we are. To worship Nichiren is heresy and leads one to hell,
all you in Nichiren Groups are in a living hell, you know it , I know it, I
have seen it. The life of a cult member is not fun. Total submission, no
more thinking for yourself.

The Shoshu, SGI, HBS, Kempon, Shu have all re-written Nichiren's history.
Now the good news, it doesn't matter. The Supreme Enlightenment Buddha gave
you, is still in Dave no matter what Dave does. Even Devedatta couldn't
erase his Buddha seed. Our job here, is to remind everyone that they are in
the Eternal Sangha of the Buddha, and everyone has Buddha Nature, not divide
them up in to boxes, and my sect is better than yours. Nichiren never
created a sect, think about it .. even by starting the Shoshu you go against
Nichiren's wishes. You guys must really hate him? seems that way to me...

Bye.. Ja Ne
Bruce

"dc" <rial...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 5:34:51 PM1/17/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
. Nichiren never
>created a sect, think about it .. even by starting the Shoshu you go against
>Nichiren's wishes. You guys must really hate him? seems that way to me...
>Bye.. Ja Ne
>Bruce

You are the same old kook you've always been Bruce.
Only now you are an agnostic kook.

bruce maltz

Jan 17, 2002, 7:37:54 PM1/17/02
Craig some day , you will be awake

Bruce

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 7:45:46 PM1/17/02
bruce writes:

>>>AHHHH no... Dave ,
you created the schism when you dragged out the hunk of wood
and said it was god.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That is not the teaching bruce. It never was the teaching. This idea was
used as an expedient at times for the sake of intial understanding in the
minds of people that had certain concepts that were heavuily imprinted. I
have to say you must be one of those people, who still can't get over the
fact that there is no GOD as a being on throne controlling time and space
except for Ourselves!

Just when will you learn this?

its Christianity.. Bruce>>>>

bruce I do not in any way think of you as an enemy. I think of you as an
old friend who is naive in a kind of surrealitic way. You are the great
Naive calling the naive naive. I am not naive I understand completely. The
things I do not understand are well beyond the scope of any discussion on
ARBN and are not in the domain of dogma and nonsense disguised as buddhism.

For quite a while I have tried to get you to beyond your repetative
anti-stuff, and get you to discuss some things. However when I try, either
online or in e-mail you fail to respond to what i say as though you don't
really read and consider what I am telling you.

Here you are saying, "blind belief is not buddhism, " and what I am telling
you is that you criticize people for "blind belief" but you are as naive as
they are, your belief in the Lotus Sutra seems as blind and literal as
ever, furthermore I am saying that blind belief is a step up from insanity,
and is preferable to no belief at all, as long as the belief brings on
effort of focusing and learning to see the mind. furthermore, the
development of religious pride is a GOOD thing, initially, and is a
necessary step, Any kind of calm retrospection is better then nasty,
repetative, dogmatism. Even reciting Hail Mary focuses the mind better then
not focusing at all.

What I want to know i what other ideations you are holding back Bruce?

There has to be a basis in your ideation other then Blind Faith in the Lotus
Sutra. So lets hear it. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. The
commies got rid of relgious sects and it didnt help them did it? So perhaps
your habitual attack on these boxes is because you are not in any box and
are lonely. Who cares about boxes. I dont acknowledge them. They are just
conceptual things used as expedients.

In my posts I offer specifc things people can do. If they dont believe in
the cosmic portrait of life inscribed on the gohonzojn I cna show them where
and what it is, If they are the kind of people with a "Need to Know,"
attitude I can tell them what to do to experience it for themsleves so they
can have a deeper faith again. If they are ll broken into sexcts then I can
tell them to reunite.

All you do is tell people to believe like you and everything will be okay.
Talk about "blind belief" you have failed to even begin to communicate
about your "belief." You quote sources you refute, it makes no sense then
waffle on the most clear points. then skip reading my replies.

I agree that in the Gakkai there was a lot of incorrect things said, but so
what, what is said is not the enemy, what is the enemy is people separating
themselves with dogma. Anything that causes people to practice to learn to
focus is better then no focusing. even joining a Brass Band--being forced
too....or whatever, is beneficial to cause those old dirty potatoes to rub
against each other and get good and polished. Not everything is always going
to be pretty , but carrying a grudege over it will destroy your mind.

Now if you want to discuss the origin of the Lotus Sutra or the origin of
the characters in the Lotus Sutra let me know.

CultWatcher

Jan 17, 2002, 5:58:08 PM1/17/02
>Craig some day , you will be awake
>Bruce

But what about you?

[...]

dc

Jan 17, 2002, 8:05:01 PM1/17/02

bruce writes:

You have enough correct points in your diatribe<<<<<<

What i wrote was not a diatribe bruce.

mixed with your fantasy that
someone might read what you are writing and think it is true. But, yes,
when I left (1975) it was still called NSA. But, were the SGI and Shoshu
on friendly terms? No.<<<<<<

Only behind closed doors why DID you intenalize that baloney? The members
were united and people were having lots of fun and working hard and many
were joining--- they were flocking.

In 1975 There was a sudden onset of Pot use mostly brought by Brad
Nixon,,,,,through some influences from Larry Shaw and Steve Gore who bragged
about Maui Wovie after that escapede. Then the next thing you know people
were smoking pot and screwing and then looking at each other bewildered.

A lot of people had relationship issues, you too right? Things came up and
people got hurt. right?

Some would leave. Many left. Suddenly they started calling it Phase Two
and it was Peyton Place. throughout the rest of the 70's propagation slowed
down, the intiial schism occured and then the apology of Ikeda and yet
behind closed doors the top eschalon of the gakkai were into a Ikeda is the
Buddha thing.

So here I agree there was a serious problem that eventually blossomed into
this main schism which began 11 years later----11 years ago.

It is ALL our loss and responsibility. We met together for this purpose and
we blew it. And today there are top leaders that have to talk with each
other and get over their issues. But the karma is in us anyway and we can't
blame others if we want but that won't help. Raging about obscurities and
non-sect sects is absurd. Further fragmentation will just happen and there
will be no Buddhism of any import in the west unless Nichiren Shoshu and the
Gakkai all reunite and then hopefully the rest of Nichiren Buddhism and
Buddhism in general and then religion in general can unite. IT can happen
when people can find out directly.

I will read and comment on the rest of your much better, more content driven
post....later I have to go...this can provoke some good discussion.

David

bruce maltz

Jan 22, 2002, 8:49:14 PM1/22/02
Kind of Mercia, but really there is no such thing as Buddhists.
There are Bodhisattva , and everyone is a bodhisattva,
even Daibadatta was a Bodhisattva, Yes even Craig and Cody
and Marc S are Bodhisattva. That is the compassion of
Buddha. Itai Doshin was actually taught wrong to members
of the SGI and Shoshu. What it means , regarding Nichiren's
writings is the unity of everyone's Buddhahood , but if everyone
is being Howdy Doody Shu, I don't think that will happen.
This age has a prediction to finally end when people don't
even know what Buddhism is and isn't, and a new human
earthly Buddha will Appear (yes, its in the Lotus Sutra).
The next Buddha to appear ..... it wasn't Nichiren folks,
it is Maytreyea,

Bruce

"Mercia Nitzsche" <mer...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

CultWatcher

Jan 22, 2002, 7:09:36 PM1/22/02
"bruce maltz" <b_m...@msn.com> wrote:
>What it means , regarding Nichiren's
>writings is the unity of everyone's Buddhahood , but if everyone
>is being Howdy Doody Shu, I don't think that will happen.
>This age has a prediction to finally end when people don't
>even know what Buddhism is and isn't, and a new human
>earthly Buddha will Appear (yes, its in the Lotus Sutra).
>The next Buddha to appear ..... it wasn't Nichiren folks,
>it is Maytreyea,
>Bruce

Yeah Bruce- you already shared your view of the Daishonin

"So who needs a Temple? nice people are nice people,

drop the box"
Bruce Maltz Jan 2002

"You are such a pathetic piece of work,

I get nauseas just thinking about you, and people like you,
what a disgusting pile of animal shit you have become.
What a example for your children, a pathetic pathological liar,
pretending to be a holy man.. hahahahahha,,, if you are not the
Golden Toilet of the Century I don't know who is. Shame on You,
Shame on you, Shame on You....."
Bruce Maltz Date: 7/14/01

"Where I agree with you Craig is that people are not ready and that
Bruce is probably much more advanced than most of us"
Mercia Nitzsche

CWInt

Feb 27, 2002, 8:23:27 PM2/27/02

From: KEMPON HOKKE NETWORK (fuju...@cris.com)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren
Date: 1998/11/11
"The so-called Buddhist Sects that proclaim, "I'm a Buddha, you're a
Buddha, we are all Buddhas" are in for a rude awakening. It is like,
"Bill Clinton is president, Bill Clinton is a human, I'm a human, I
too am President." We all the potential of becoming president."
Bruce Maltz, arbn

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't say"

Bruce Maltz Jan 2002

"I hate to say it, but Nichiren Buddhism has no power,
not even to change a sick man in Md to a honest man...
its just very sad, the story is nice but there is no proof of
anything at all, just a BIG waste of time."

Bruce Maltz Date: 7-2001

"Story is that I Don't Care!!!
You know, maybe it is not fair that I write here anymore,
I am NOT a Nichiren Buddhist anymore,
I don't believe in his way, your way, the Kempon or any other way,
its all just "a false road"... Nichiren was way off base,
and you follow his personality not his teachings.
He was wrong about a great many things."

Bruce Maltz arbn 7-2001

"I am not great because I am free of Crap,
I am just free of crap, and that makes you nervous,
you gotta deal with your insecurity, its your issue
not mine"

"You are such a pathetic piece of work,

I get nauseas just thinking about you, and people like you,
what a disgusting pile of animal shit you have become.
What a example for your children, a pathetic pathological liar,
pretending to be a holy man.. hahahahahha,,, if you are not the
Golden Toilet of the Century I don't know who is. Shame on You,
Shame on you, Shame on You....."

Bruce Maltz Date: 7/01

"Bruce Maltz does set an excellent example of 'sowing'. I have not observed
him engaging in any nasty squabbles and he is not even involved with any of the
organisations"
Mercia Nitzsche

"Might I add that even in private, Bruce never speaks ill of anyone"
Mercia Nitzsche

[...]

Bruce Maltz 12-2001

"HAHAHAHAHA...WOWOWOWOW..HEHEHEHEHE
OK....Wait a second, let me sit down
When did your article appear on my site...
OH JESUS.. that is hysterical...
...........oh...is that so? You can't remember?
You have 16 people that will verify that it appeared,
Aliens gave it to me,,, enough...
cut the crap, you lie again, you just can't stop
it's in your HonmonBS Blood!!!
lie lie lie lie lie lie....that is all you do,
you and Petry are such a pair of misfits,,, Jesus Christ!!!"

Bruce 07-2001

"Kempon was a tremendous learning experience for me.. so much you have
no idea.
Thank goodness for them, or I might still think there
was some validity in any Nichiren Sect, such foul people"

Bruce, Jan 2002

"Perhaps your vocation is awaiting you Bruce and you can
lead us all towards happier pastures"
Mercia Nitzsche

Sal Vation

Feb 27, 2002, 10:58:04 PM2/27/02
Domination and control has always been a common element of religion. The
reason is simple if we read Nichiren=s Five Major Works and the Sutra=s of
Shakyamuni. The Devil of the Sixth Heaven (Mara) is the ultimate usurper
and the anti-Buddha. Mara is absolutely consumed with the notion of
supplanting Buddha, and establishing himself as Buddha. He is a million
times more crazed by this dastardly fantasy of supreme grandeur than any
maniacal tyrant in human history.

Religion is the device he uses to deceive people into believing they are
right with Buddha so he can be AThe Supreme Leader@ by default. Read the
Rissho Ankoku Ron, where Nichiren says, ABetter we eliminate all false
religions, than offer prayers@. In actuality the true though unseen object
of religion=s homage is demons and Mara as written many, many times in the
actual and authentic writings of Nichiren Daishonin. When we pull back the
curtain of Nichiren Shoshu or the Soka Gakkai, a la AThe Wizard of Oz@, who
do you find the wizard has been all along? Ikeda? Nikken? NO...none other
than Mara himself.

Mara is the author of false religion, and false religion as Nichiren points
out in his AFive Major Works@ is the counterfeit of right standing and
relationship with Buddha. The SGI and Shoshu are attempts to merit right
standing with Buddha. These two groups, and others, do not make you right
with Buddha, but in fact separates you from Buddha. Right standing with
Buddha cannot be gained on the basis of merit, for as the Lotus Sutra points
out, every human being on this earth has slandered the true law of Myoho
Renge Kyo. That is why we need a someone to follow and Jogyo (Nichiren) is
the only Savior recognized and sanctioned by Buddha. Everyone who follows
with faith attains Buddhahood.

The SGI and Nichiren Shoshu and other heretical non-buddhist groups would
become powerless if the members withdrew their support and said "no". If all
victims simply said "no" to their victimizers, all professional prophets and
cult-leaders would lose their power to plunder others and destroy lives.

Consider this quote from AA Discourse of Voluntary Servitude@ by Etienne de
la Boétie, written in the 16th Century:

"The oppressor has nothing more than the power you confer upon him
to destroy you.

Where has he acquired enough eyes to spy upon you if you do not
provide them

yourselves? How can he have so many arms to beat you with if he does
not borrow them

from you? The feet that trample down your cities, where does he get
them if they are not

your own? How does he have any power over you except through you?
How would he

dare assail you if he had not cooperation from you?"

Stanley Milgrams in his book, AObedience to Authority@, demonstrates through
the famous electric-shock experiments done at Yale that the majority of
average, honest citizens will follow

authority to do destructive, immoral acts up to the point of injuring, even
killing other people. As

quoted from Milgrams's book:

"...ordinary people simply doing their jobs, and without any
particular hostility on their

part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process. Moreover,
even when the

destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they
are asked to carry out

actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality,
relatively few people have

the resources needed to resist authority."

But what is that external authority? It is a myth that has no basis in
reality. Such external authority always develops into a destructive machine
when the majority unthinkingly or out of fear accept, obey, and follow the
commands and wishes of that authority. In reality, no one has genuine
authority over anyone else. Once that fact is realized, a person can say
"no" and break the destructive habit of obedience to the myth of authority
of SGI leaders and Shoshu Pseudo-Priests. Then the authorities would be
abandoned by the members. And all authorities would founder with no power to
survive.

--
BUDDHA EZINE
http://the-eternal-buddha.com

"CWInt" <J...@spamaol.com> wrote in message

Sal Vation

Feb 27, 2002, 11:01:11 PM2/27/02
No one is totally evil across the board. Adolph Hitler was described by one
of his own deputies as Athe greatest and most dynamic factor of destruction
that humanity has so far had to endure.@ At the same time, he was also
called Aa monster with no bad habits.@ A dutiful son to a doting mother, he
also loved dogs and children. He was a vegetarian who neither smoked or
drank. Gallant with the ladies, kindly and considerate to secretaries and
chauffeurs [sounds like Nikken huh?] he was the same man that engineered the
deaths of tens of millions of people.

Nikken of Taisekiji, probably exhibits no outward signs of insanity.
appearing quite rational. He can be convincing. Yet, he has spiritually
raped millions of innocent seekers of Buddhas Law, and replaced it with
insanity. This makes him both ACriminal@ or AGreat Enemy@ of the Buddha.

Shakyamuni and Nichiren must be so sad weeping for us,

while the shoshu play in the ABurning House@..

CWInt

Feb 27, 2002, 11:09:52 PM2/27/02
Bruce Maltz <sal_v...@the-eternal-buddha.com> wrote:
>Shakyamuni and Nichiren must be so sad weeping for us,
>BUDDHA OZONE
>http://the-eternal-buddha.com
>http://nichirenbuddhism.org

yadda yadda yadda

Derek N.P.F. Juhl

Feb 28, 2002, 1:59:20 AM2/28/02
"Sal Vation" <sal_v...@the-eternal-buddha.com> wrote in message news:<hYhf8.154$t33.1...@news.uswest.net>...

> Shakyamuni and Nichiren must be so sad weeping for us,

"Remember, I don't care so much about what Nichiren did or didn't
say." Bruce Maltz, 1/02

"I hate to say it, but Nichiren Buddhism has no power, not even to

change a sick man in Md to a honest man...its just very sad, the story

is nice but there is no proof of anything at all, just a BIG waste of

time." Bruce Maltz, 7/01

"Story is that I Don't Care!!! You know, maybe it is not fair that I
write here anymore, I am NOT a Nichiren Buddhist anymore, I don't
believe in his way, your way, the Kempon or any other way, its all
just "a false road"... Nichiren was way off base, and you follow his
personality not his teachings. He was wrong about a great many

things." Bruce Maltz, 7/01

Derek N.P.F. Juhl

Ian Stewart

Feb 28, 2002, 11:08:12 AM2/28/02
Does EVERYBODY from Nichiren Shoshu reprint what others post here???
Is there some karmic purpose to this? Tell me...what do you hope to
achieve?

Ian

Mark P.

Feb 28, 2002, 2:34:36 PM2/28/02
On 28 Feb 2002 08:08:12 -0800, buddhab...@yahoo.com (Ian Stewart)
wrote:

>Does EVERYBODY from Nichiren Shoshu reprint what others post here???
>Is there some karmic purpose to this? Tell me...what do you hope to
>achieve?

Well, I don't, but the people who do so are attempting to
refute that persons views using their own words. In some cases it may
be warranted for awhile, but I don't think it's necessary all the
time.

Mark Porter

"Take these teachings to heart, and always remember
that believers in the Lotus Sutra should absolutely
be the last to abuse each other. All those who keep
faith in the Lotus Sutra are most certainly Buddhas,
and one who slanders a Buddha commits a grave offense."
Gosho; 14 Slanders

for(reverse(1..100)){$s=($_!=1)? 's':'';print"$_ bottle$s of beer on the wall,\n";print"$_ bottle$s of beer,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n"; $_--;$s=($_==1)?'':'s';print"$_ bottle$s of beer on the wall\n\n";}print'*burp*';

Mercia

Mar 1, 2002, 6:35:29 PM3/1/02
Many people Ian believe that in particular Craig, does in fact not really
read anything, but just to be rude, enjoys downloading the same old tripe.
It serves no purpose and few people read it. I certainly skip over most of
his posting. How can you read sentences and phrases cut out of context and
which completely distort the reality.

Both Craig, Cody and some other participating members on this forum like to
insult others and expect that this is acceptable. When someone responds with
an intelligent reply, they get a kick out of it as someone has paid them
attention. It's all very childish and the only thing it actually proves is a
lack of human dignity and no consideration or feelings for other people's
reality. There is not even a thread of Buddha Dharma hidden, safe for Esho
Funi in that they reveal to the environment what lives in their minds.

Mercia
"Ian Stewart" <buddhab...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

qp

Mar 1, 2002, 6:39:37 PM3/1/02
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Avoid the Wrath of the narcissist

1. Never disagree with the narcissist or contradict him.

2. Never offer him any intimacy.

3. Look awed by whatever attribute matters to him (for instance:
by his professional achievements or by his good looks & so on)

4. Never remind him of life out there and if you do, connect it
somehow to his sense of grandiosity

5. Do not make any comment, which might directly or indirectly
impinge on his self-image, omnipotence, judgement, omniscience,
skills, capabilities, professional record, or even omnipresence.

Bad sentences start with:
"I think you overlooked ... made a mistake here ... you don't know ...
do you now ... you were not here yesterday so ... you cannot ...
you should ... (perceived as rude imposition, narcissists react very
badly to restrictions placed on their freedom) ... I (never mention the
fact that you are a separate, independent entity, narcissists regard others
as extensions of their selves, their internalization processes were screwed
up and they did not differentiate properly) ..." You get the gist of it.

Mercia

Mar 2, 2002, 2:01:58 AM3/2/02
Not another ID? This is really so stupid and you guys consider yourselves
true Hokkeko? Well, if Hokkeko is an idiot organisation, I guess you are
right. You most certainly do nothing to attract anyone of sane mind into the
organisation, safe for more crackpots filled with anger.

Mercia

"qp" <db@abuse@aol.com> wrote in message

Lily

Mar 2, 2002, 2:15:25 AM3/2/02

Derek N.P.F. Juhl

Mar 2, 2002, 1:15:13 PM3/2/02
buddhab...@yahoo.com (Ian Stewart) wrote in message news:<24cc368a.02022...@posting.google.com>...

> Does EVERYBODY from Nichiren Shoshu reprint what others post here???
> Is there some karmic purpose to this? Tell me...what do you hope to
> achieve?

Bruce has completely discredited himself. One must wonder why he
posts here at all, other than to promote his ebay auctions.

Derek N.P.F. Juhl