Just a thought.........

JimB

May 26, 2006, 8:33:17 AM5/26/06
Today's thought is:

Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this, you are dreadfully
like other people.
-- James Russell Lowell

Sharing our many experiences with our friends in Twelve Step meetings
helps us understand how very similar we all are. We are unique only in
the sense that each of us has a special contribution to make in life,
one not quite like anyone else's.

Keeping secrets from others can make us fearful. We think, could they
really like me if they knew this? Yet we feel profound relief when we
share our most shameful secrets in a meeting and the men and women
listening to us don't blink an eye.

We no longer find rewards from pretending we're someone we're not. Our
greatest reward now is the peace we experience from not having anything
to hide. We have learned genuine humility and that we are equals with
other people. No better, no worse.

JImB

Tim and Lisa

May 26, 2006, 8:35:49 AM5/26/06

"JimB" <jimbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Got any secrets you wanna tell me? ;o)

Good morning to ya !

JimB

May 26, 2006, 8:47:45 AM5/26/06

Tim and Lisa wrote:

> Got any secrets you wanna tell me? ;o)
>
> Good morning to ya !

G'morning back. Man, ya up early. Any birds buildin' nests or eatin'
yet out there?

Secrets, well posted a "happening" that we ain't discussed yet.
Sponsor knows 'em all. You know some. I planned to ride my bike to
work today, now it looks like rain. Damn weathermen (and economists)!
Gotta run to work. See you and all later!

JimB

Tim and Lisa

May 26, 2006, 8:57:18 AM5/26/06

"JimB" <jimbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yeah I put some thread some torn up cotton balls, and yes they swoop down
and grap that stuff to build there nests, tis the season for it! It was
funny watching this humming bird trying to pick up this whole cotton ball,
he'd get it 3 inches off the ground and plonk back down again. So I went
out there and and made about 6 pieces out of the one cotton ball. ;o) Yep
it's nice seeing them hummingbirds come up to the window to the feeder.

Happy trails to ya Jim, don't furget your helmet and were thinkin of ya too!

Ron G

May 26, 2006, 2:29:58 PM5/26/06

"JimB" <jimbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Sharing our most shameful secrets in a meeting??? In a roomful of people
half of which we may not know or be willing to trust even if we did know
them?

RonG

JimB

May 26, 2006, 9:18:33 PM5/26/06

Ron G wrote:

> Sharing our most shameful secrets in a meeting??? In a roomful of people
> half of which we may not know or be willing to trust even if we did know
> them?

Right on about that Ron. Some are between you, sponsor and HP.
Anonymous is in my thoughts, but maybe not others. Best as a rule to
ask sponsor about questionable calls.

On a personal note, I bring up everything. Maybe I don't have so many
dark or extremely personal secrets in my past. I was a freakin' drunk
- drove drunk, 2 dui's, still drank, had a daughter, still drank, led
to divorce, still drank, sold my company, still drank, met my P.O.
hungover and blew positive, still drank, violated parole, drank when I
got out, drank, drank, drank. Did I tell ya I kinda screwed up my life
by drinking? What do ya wanna know? My most shameful things are that
during *very* important parts of my life (some listed above), I was
either drunk, hungover, or thinkin' about getting drunk ASAP. I guess
that's why I call myself an alcoholic, eh ;-)