Heroes: What kind of pistol is that?

Robotech_Master

Feb 27, 2007, 12:12:00 AM2/27/07
There's this pistol that keeps making a recurring appearance, passed
from character to character in the TV show _Heroes_. It seems to be
an ordinary automatic pistol, but with an extended barrel.

Can anyone tell me what model of handgun that is?

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm

Brian Bunin

Feb 27, 2007, 10:44:48 PM2/27/07
In article <slrneu7fd0....@terrania.homelinux.org>, Robotech_Master <robo...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>There's this pistol that keeps making a recurring appearance, passed
>from character to character in the TV show _Heroes_. It seems to be
>an ordinary automatic pistol, but with an extended barrel.
>
>Can anyone tell me what model of handgun that is?

SVI
http://www.SVI.com

Karl North

Feb 27, 2007, 11:11:51 PM2/27/07

"Brian Bunin" <bb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Brian,
Did you mean STI? SVI seems to sell some sort of medical equipment. The
pistol in the show is a double stack 1911 with the slide drilled and an
extended compensator.
It's actually similar to my Bul 1911 -
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/left-closed.jpg The one from the show is just
rather more aggressively lightened. Not quite as bad as this one -
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/bul-skeleton.jpg but you get the idea.

The 1911s have a LOT of meat on the slide that can be removed to tweak the
gun for shooting lighter loads for competition, etc.

-Karl N.

Karl North

Feb 27, 2007, 11:15:36 PM2/27/07
<Major Snip> SVI seems to sell some sort of medical equipment. ---
correction to follow

ok so I screwed up, and didn't read the SVI webpage well enough. SVI sells
Hotel Solutions - in room amenities, Video on demand Movies, etc.

Still they don't make 1911's hahaha

-KN

Brian Bunin

Feb 28, 2007, 2:22:55 AM2/28/07
In article <fi7Fh.7395$qr5....@newsfe19.lga>, "Karl North" <gun...@NOSPAM.cox.net> wrote:

>"Brian Bunin" <bb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In article <slrneu7fd0....@terrania.homelinux.org>,
>> Robotech_Master <robo...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>>>There's this pistol that keeps making a recurring appearance, passed
>>>from character to character in the TV show _Heroes_. It seems to be
>>>an ordinary automatic pistol, but with an extended barrel.
>>>
>>>Can anyone tell me what model of handgun that is?
>>>

>> SVI
>> http://www.SVI.com
>
>Brian,
> Did you mean STI? SVI seems to sell some sort of medical equipment. The
>pistol in the show is a double stack 1911 with the slide drilled and an
>extended compensator
Sorry.
The URL is actually http://www.sviguns.com/

RM v2.0

Mar 5, 2007, 10:34:09 AM3/5/07

"Robotech_Master" <robo...@eyrie.org> wrote in message

> There's this pistol that keeps making a recurring appearance, passed
> from character to character in the TV show _Heroes_. It seems to be
> an ordinary automatic pistol, but with an extended barrel.
>
> Can anyone tell me what model of handgun that is?

Talking about this one? I was wondering too.

http://home.swbell.net/mortmit/unknown_pistol.jpg

Robotech_Master

Mar 5, 2007, 6:18:23 PM3/5/07
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:22:55 GMT, Brian Bunin <bb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The URL is actually http://www.sviguns.com/

Is there somewhere on this site that shows the specific gun used in
Heroes, or a similar model? I'm looking there and I don't see it.